Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
The Last Of Us hasn't even shipped for me yet. It's been processed via UPS but that's it. Does it usually take a while to get pre-ordered games?
I've gotten mine normally on time, sometimes even a bit early. I'd click the tracking a few times.... (Maybe the reference id is timing out) seriously after the 4th time it showed that copy of LOU would arrive next Thursday :/ when before it was just "Not Available".
Just checked and there is finally some information. Too bad it shows that it will ship to my local post office by the 20th which means I'll get the game on Friday or so. Damn BestBuy. Should have done in store pickup but I thought it was release day shipping.

I got in on the NewEgg / eBay deal so hopefully that comes sooner and I can just sell the BestBuy (or NewEgg) copy sooner.

Man same with me as far as the standard shipping it's estimated to arrive next thurs , when I got the email saying it shipped Monday I was thrilled thinking I would get it on release day .

Picked up my The Last Of Us pre-order this afternoon. No where on the recipe does it mention the $20 Reward Zone certificate. Should I be concerned or is this standard practice? I checked my Rewards Zone account and the sale is still showing as only being pre-ordered and not picked up yet.

I know Best Buy has a history of screwing these things up which is why I ask.

Picked up my The Last Of Us pre-order this afternoon. No where on the recipe does it mention the $20 Reward Zone certificate. Should I be concerned or is this standard practice? I checked my Rewards Zone account and the sale is still showing as only being pre-ordered and not picked up yet.

My receipt does not have any mention of it either, but my points are pending. Does yours have the pre-order bonus printed on it? If so, I think you'll be fine. As far as I can remember, the receipts never mention it.

Got my $20 certificate this morning for picking up The Last Of Us with no issues. I picked up the game Thursday afternoon. 

My receipt does not have any mention of it either, but my points are pending. Does yours have the pre-order bonus printed on it? If so, I think you'll be fine. As far as I can remember, the receipts never mention it.
My recipe shows a deposit of $64.19, pre-order DLC, RZ Card Number.

My Rewards Zone account still shows the transaction as a deposit instead of a complete sale. No pending points for buying the game or $20 certificate anywhere.

My Rewards Zone account still shows the transaction as a deposit instead of a complete sale. No pending points for buying the game or $20 certificate anywhere.
That's weird, man.

If the pre-order DLC and your RZ number is on there, you should be fine. Just give it another day or two for the transaction to show up on your account. The original preorder transaction won't change, it'll be a new purchase.

I'm having the shipping issue with The Last of Us too. Every other game I pre-ordered this year has been shipped 2 days before release day, and they have always ended up in my mailbox right on release day.

This time I got the shipping notification 3 days before release day, so I was very optimistic. But I haven't received the game yet, and the tracking number they provided still returns "Not Available." At this point I'm thinking about just buying the game elsewhere because I'm desperate to play it, and now the whole weekend that I had basically set aside just for this game will be over soon.

Guys i just got my $20 for Pre-ordering the Last of Us.

TWO DAYS AFTER PICK-UP

Has anyone else experienced this?

If not i believe it has to do with my account settings, which i'd be happy to share IF, you guys keep quiet so BB won't change it

TWO DAYS AFTER PICK-UP

If not i believe it has to do with my account settings, which i'd be happy to share IF, you guys keep quiet so BB won't change it
I think it might be enuf's ideax suggestion going into effect. His ideax is currently listed "under review" but might have been implemented recently.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/No-more-waiting-Instant-RZ-points-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674

I do believe too that, the faster you pay it off the faster you get your points. Like preorder online two months in advance you get your points quicker. I've had my Madden and AC3 certs come within the same week I picked it up.

TWO DAYS AFTER PICK-UP

Has nothing to do with your account settings. Many people are getting the $20 already.

TWO DAYS AFTER PICK-UP

Has nothing to do with your account settings. Many people are getting the $20 already.

Just checked my RZ account. No points deposited but I do see the 1000pts pending with the transaction, though only one of my copies has the points pending.

TWO DAYS AFTER PICK-UP

Just checked my RZ account. No points deposited but I do see the 1000pts pending with the transaction, though only one of my copies has the points pending.
That's how it's supposed to be--one "1000 RZ points" promo per account--regardless of how many copies you purchased.

TWO DAYS AFTER PICK-UP

That's how it's supposed to be--one "1000 RZ points" promo per account--regardless of how many copies you purchased.

I was told this yesterday on the forum. The issue is the store manager told me otherwise. I was at my local store with my best friend, we both were preordering the game. I have unlocked, she does not. I asked the manager if I preorder both of our copies on my unlocked account, would I get the $20 twice, to which he said yes I would. If I wasn't eligible for getting both, I wouldn't have bothered to put both reservations on my account.

I went to pick up the survival edition I preordered and was told none had showed up. Supposedly a manager will get back to me after checking with UPS. I wasn't happy about that.

Still waiting hasn't even shown as pending yet. I think i'll call tomorrow if nothing shows up, I know it says up to 45 days but if everyone else is getting them this fast I wonder what the hold up for me is.

TWO DAYS AFTER PICK-UP

I was told this yesterday on the forum. The issue is the store manager told me otherwise. I was at my local store with my best friend, we both were preordering the game. I have unlocked, she does not. I asked the manager if I preorder both of our copies on my unlocked account, would I get the $20 twice, to which he said yes I would. If I wasn't eligible for getting both, I wouldn't have bothered to put both reservations on my account.

You were lied to. It's limit one per account. I opened 2 GCU accounts, one for a friend, and another for myself for this reason. We got BL2, AC3, Halo 4, and BO2. In which, I opened it, but got the $20 for AC3, and BO2 since those were my pre orders. It was worth the extra $15 to me to shell out.

General question on BB reward certs and preorders-- Can I cancel a preorder paid for with reward certs, and reuse them on a different order? I was planning on rearranging some preorders and wanted to make sure I'm not in danger of losing the reward cert. Thanks.

General question on BB reward certs and preorders-- Can I cancel a preorder paid for with reward certs, and reuse them on a different order? I was planning on rearranging some preorders and wanted to make sure I'm not in danger of losing the reward cert. Thanks.
If the rewardzone certs you used are not expired as marked on each cert, you should get rewardzone points back on your account. Note it may take a few business days to get back on your account, I read 10-20 business days, but I recently got them back in 2-3 business days.

I'm not sure what happens if the rewardzone certs you used are expired. Anyone know if you can get a refund for those?

I picked my TLoU up on Friday evening, and my 1,000 points show pending as of this morning.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else have issues when picking up pre-orders? The last 3  (Bioshock, Tomb, Last of Us) pick up's have had problems in their system. It's been a variety of issues (deposit doesn't come off, can't package in the pre-order bonus, etc) for these titles. I'm wondering if it's the staff or why the system at this store is now always on the fritz, as I didn't use to have any issues. It looks like this time when ringing up TLoU she somehow issued me 2 Sight & Sound bonuses, as I received 2 emails, but only one matches the cash register receipt.

Last of Us transaction finally went through on my Rewards Zone account. Need to keep building up certificates for a 2nd PS4 control and hopefully a game. Going to be hard with little left to buy besides Grand Theft Auto. lol

I picked my TLoU up on Friday evening, and my 1,000 points show pending as of this morning.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else have issues when picking up pre-orders? The last 3 (Bioshock, Tomb, Last of Us) pick up's have had problems in their system. It's been a variety of issues (deposit doesn't come off, can't package in the pre-order bonus, etc) for these titles. I'm wondering if it's the staff or why the system at this store is now always on the fritz, as I didn't use to have any issues. It looks like this time when ringing up TLoU she somehow issued me 2 Sight & Sound bonuses, as I received 2 emails, but only one matches the cash register receipt.
Yup problems galore, I was charged $5 for God of war DLC bonus, but the Gaming rep noticed and price adjusted, and my pre-order deposit was not taken off for Injustice . I think the process to handle pre-orders in the system may be confusing employees without experience.

I had a horrible experience with almost every game I preordered from Best Buy.

The only one I recall going smoothly was CoD:Black Ops II that I got for my son.

Probably because they had the wrinkles ironed out due to the volume of the midnight release.

Before this Best Buy promotion I've never pre-ordered a game but it was worth it for the $20 back, then apply that $20+$40 trade in to the next game.

I'm a RZ Silver member so spend plenty there but after this promo will not pre-order from Best Buy again.

Last of Us transaction finally went through on my Rewards Zone account. Need to keep building up certificates for a 2nd PS4 control and hopefully a game. Going to be hard with little left to buy besides Grand Theft Auto. lol
Totally had a terrible experience the cashier tried to charge me 5 bucks for the sights and sounds pack then she cancelled the order and said "sorry now you have no pre-order bonus and no 20 dollar cert" I was so upset I don't think its worth the hassle of fighting with these people anymore. She also tried to tell me the sights and sounds pack was 5 bucks, sure.

Like some BB didn't have the Survival Edition of the game. After explaining how I was gonna to get 20 in Reward Zones Certs and not other stores having it stock, they'll finally gave me a 20 gift card. Then I have to wait like 30 additional minutes to get them to cancel the preorder? I would have been pissed but I rented the game and already beat it. Now probably gonna wait until it hits 40 to pick up the regular edition. Hopefully soon and by then the trophies glitches should be patched.

Totally had a terrible experience the cashier tried to charge me 5 bucks for the sights and sounds pack then she cancelled the order and said "sorry now you have no pre-order bonus and no 20 dollar cert" I was so upset I don't think its worth the hassle of fighting with these people anymore. She also tried to tell me the sights and sounds pack was 5 bucks, sure.
Almost always an issue when doing business at my local Best Buy. Either the employee is clueless or Best Buy's computer system isn't working properly. Makes buying and trading games in frustrating at times.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else have issues when picking up pre-orders? The last 3 (Bioshock, Tomb, Last of Us) pick up's have had problems in their system. It's been a variety of issues (deposit doesn't come off, can't package in the pre-order bonus, etc) for these titles. I'm wondering if it's the staff or why the system at this store is now always on the fritz, as I didn't use to have any issues. It looks like this time when ringing up TLoU she somehow issued me 2 Sight & Sound bonuses, as I received 2 emails, but only one matches the cash register receipt.
I think they keep changing/tweaking the preorder system which ends up confusing the employees. It's not a problem at my local store because the employees are always up to date and knowledgeable, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case at most other stores.

Check and make sure one of the codes is not for the full game. I was suppose to get a Sights and Sounds DLC code, which did not appear on my pre-order pick up receipt, and received an email Sunday with a code for the full game!

I hope they extend this promo to upcoming next gen titles this holidays. I'm planning on getting 2 games and those extra $40 would help a lot! I guess we'll find out after the release of gtav.

I am surprised, went to best buy to pick up my preorder of Last of Us and there was no issues with charging for the dlc plus my copy was sitting at customer service. Probably the fastest I have ever been in and out of a best buy ever (less than 5 min).

I grabbed the Last of Us and the PS+ bundle for instore pickup and the points are pending. Awesome deal.

I would like Best Buy to consider extending the promotion and adding some of the following titles for fall/winter 2013. (PS3, XBOX 360, WII U, PS4, XBOX ONE)

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Saints Row IV
Madden NFL 25
Rayman Legends
NHL 14
FIFA 14
NBA 2K14
Beyond: Two Souls
Batman: Arkham Origins
Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
WWE 2K14
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Need for Speed Rivals
Watch Dogs
Gran Turismo 6

Pikmin 3

The Wonderful 101

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Super Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 8

I would also like to see handheld games be added to the promotion but with a $10 RZ certificate instead of $20. Some title suggestions below. (PS VITA, 3DS)

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Mario Party 3DS

Killzone: Mercenary

Tearaway
^I have created an ideax requesting Best Buy to extend the $20 RZ cert for fall/winter 2013 plus a suggestion for handheld titles be added to the promotion. Please vote it up if you would like to see this promotion be continued.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/VICTORY-CAN-BE-PRE-ORDERED-BE-FIRST-promotion-for-Fall-Winter/idi-p/691474

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Free-release-date-delivery-for-gamer-unlocked-or-Premiere-Silver/idi-p/682305

^I'm also trying to get free release date implemented for those who would like to see this added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back