Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit on the LOU + Pulse Elite bundle. Sony confirmed that they're working to support all of the Pulse headsets on the PS4, which sealed the deal for me.
See response to comment 9 @ http://blog.us.plays...tom-audio-mode/
That link isn't working, I would like to see it...can you maybe type out the title of the article so I can search it?
This should work:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/10/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3-bundle-custom-pulse-elite-headset-custom-audio-mode/
Nice thanks. I have the original Pulse headset so this is great news. Now with this headset, move controllers, and bt headsets. All I would need is the eye and everything I have for PS3 besides the controller would work.

For anyone wondering about the The Last of Us + 3 months PS Plus bundle getting a $20 RZ cert, I found a sure-fire method:

If you order online for store pickup or shipping you can add The Last of Us by itself to the cart, then add a 3 month card to the cart.  It'll do the discount despite not being in the designated bundle SKU.  And it's not the $5 off, it was the full $9.  I checked out with the game, a 3 month card, and a 12 month card (you can get one 12 month card for $40 if you're a Gamer's Club member).

So if you want to be sure you get the $20 RZ cert with the bundle, add separately.

Happy gaming!

Bit on the LOU + Pulse Elite bundle. Sony confirmed that they're working to support all of the Pulse headsets on the PS4, which sealed the deal for me.
See response to comment 9 @ http://blog.us.plays...tom-audio-mode/
That link isn't working, I would like to see it...can you maybe type out the title of the article so I can search it?
This should work:http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/10/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3-bundle-custom-pulse-elite-headset-custom-audio-mode/
Nice thanks. I have the original Pulse headset so this is great news. Now with this headset, move controllers, and bt headsets. All I would need is the eye and everything I have for PS3 besides the controller would work.
Yeah. Sony a obvious interest in maintain accessory support has made the decision to go PS4 over XBone even easier.

Preordered Last of Us this afternoon and discovered that, after paying the whole thing off with credit from my pitch in (r.i.p.), no tax was applied and my owed balance is $0.  Is this a new thing or am I just super late to the party?  Nice treat nonetheless.

Preorder The Last Of Us on monday morning and looked and saw my gamers club points were pending so i am good, now just waiting for my copy to arrive

Holy shit, I did get the $20 GC for pre-ordering The Last Of Us, deal of the year for me.
Damn, so thats a free Survival Edition, a free gift card, and an extra $20 RWZ cert thrown on top of that. I hate all of you. :drool:
Haha, yep, Best Buy paid me $30 to own the Survival Edition. I really don't understand this decision, it's not like they didn't fix it before the game's release. I'm sure everyone would have been happy just knowing that their orders were safe, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Just received my regular copy from UPS.  It was expedited 2-day shipping cause I'm silver premier.  Looks like I get to enjoy it a night early!

Not sure if it has been posted but I was checking my online for store pick up order this afternoon and I noticed that it said ready for pick up. Stopped by my local Best Buy in Houston and was able to pick up my pre-ordered copy of The Last of Us.

Not sure if it has been posted but I was checking my online for store pick up order this afternoon and I noticed that it said ready for pick up. Stopped by my local Best Buy in Houston and was able to pick up my pre-ordered copy of The Last of Us.

I just walked out with my copy from Best Buy as well, can't wait to play!

Just received my regular copy from UPS. It was expedited 2-day shipping cause I'm silver premier. Looks like I get to enjoy it a night early!
I just walked out with my copy from Best Buy as well, can't wait to play!
Darn you guys--my UPS-delivered Survival Edition (and CE guide) was delayed to tomorrow. :bomb:

I'm tempted to pick up The Last of Us today, but I haven't pre-ordered... Can I still get the $20 credit if I order it today?

Well folks, it may just be my store or an associate that is just too uninformed on how to use their system, but upon picking up my preorder, the system wanted to charge $5 for the preorder bonus. So basically I wasn't going to get credit for my $5 deposit. The clerk got a manager and they were going to void it and ring it up, but I told them to just do an override because I have seen them void a preorder then ring up an item and you will not get the $20 in bonus points.

Anyway, if you pick up a preorder today, watch for the extra $5 being thrown on there. I had to also explain that the override needed to be $5.32 not $5 because of the tax in my county, but that was just me being a bit upset at that point. You have to give GameStop credit for one thing, there computer system is one of the best I have seen about making sure things are processed correctly. They don't always make promos work like they should, but I guarantee if GS had offered 20000 bonus points with preorder and purchase of the game there, it would be there tomorrow, and I wouldn't even have to worry about their system tracking it right.

I also had a problem picking up LoU SE today at my Best Buy, although a bit different.

The SKU for the SE wasn't even in the system. Took them like 20 mins to figure it out and the manager just gave up and put it in as custom SKU.
Guy was pretty nice and also a gamer and gave me another $25 off because it's almost guaranteed I don't get the RZ preorder bonus $20. But he still encouraged me to try to get it from Reward Zone anyways haha.
Regardless, it took awhile but I'll give Best Buy an A+ for their customer service today.

Got mine picked up...  No real issues, though I might have one since I got no preorder code at pick up...  (Guessing cause I paid in full for store pickup and its going to be emailed to me.)

Edit: Speak of the devil...  It just hit my inbox. :)

Got mine picked up... No real issues, though I might have one since I got no preorder code at pick up... (Guessing cause I paid in full for store pickup and its going to be emailed to me.)

Edit: Speak of the devil... It just hit my inbox. :)
Argh. What was the DLC? I totally forgot about it and I'm definitely not getting that after my situation

Got mine picked up... No real issues, though I might have one since I got no preorder code at pick up... (Guessing cause I paid in full for store pickup and its going to be emailed to me.)

Edit: Speak of the devil... It just hit my inbox. :)
Argh. What was the DLC? I totally forgot about it and I'm definitely not getting that after my situation
Theme, two avatars, soundtrack. It was called "Sights and Sounds Pack" so I think you'll be okay. Though I would ask about a code when you do the 20 dollar off credit.

Game was delivered yesterday and I got my code this morning. Give it some time.

Well folks, it may just be my store or an associate that is just too uninformed on how to use their system, but upon picking up my preorder, the system wanted to charge $5 for the preorder bonus. So basically I wasn't going to get credit for my $5 deposit. The clerk got a manager and they were going to void it and ring it up, but I told them to just do an override because I have seen them void a preorder then ring up an item and you will not get the $20 in bonus points.

Anyway, if you pick up a preorder today, watch for the extra $5 being thrown on there. I had to also explain that the override needed to be $5.32 not $5 because of the tax in my county, but that was just me being a bit upset at that point. You have to give GameStop credit for one thing, there computer system is one of the best I have seen about making sure things are processed correctly. They don't always make promos work like they should, but I guarantee if GS had offered 20000 bonus points with preorder and purchase of the game there, it would be there tomorrow, and I wouldn't even have to worry about their system tracking it right.
Something similar happened when I picked up Bioshock Infinite. Never pre-order in store anymore.

If any of you we're really pumped to get started like I was, then you may just want to hold on. There is apparently a pretty common bug right now which makes the game useless unless you wanna try to play from start to finish. It is not matter of if, but at some point your game will quit auto-saving, which will for some reason lock you out of all options on the game such as restarting and manually saving. Of course I only just read about the issue and apparently mine didn't even auto save once. So 90 min down the drain. When you back out of the game your system will also crash which means you run the risk of corrupting your manual saves and in rare cases you entire HDD. This seems like one of those very obvious things that should have been caught by quality control, but needless to say, I am quite pissed.

EDIT: Damn ninja'd by 1 minute

At home now on phone with Bestbuy. They gave me $20 for time and gas, but still no game. They wanted me to buy 79.99 in gift cards that they would then hold to release me the game. However I'd be risking points and dlc. I love Bestbuy, but this is a cluster. Good luck guys.

My copy also has been delayed as it said it shipped on the 10th and they gave me a tracking number and it shows not available
Mine is the same. I just check the tracking info and got nothing. Other than that I got the points, actually they already cashed out as a cert, and I just got the Sights & Sounds code.

My survival edition arrived from UPS. Box has messed up corners from poor packing. Kind of upset.
Is the sights and sound DLC inside the survival edition box?

My survival edition arrived from UPS. Box has messed up corners from poor packing. Kind of upset.
Is the sights and sound DLC inside the survival edition box?
It's in the steelbook case.

Mine arrived, too, and it looks fantastic! I don't see any noticeable dings or dents, so I'm very, very satisfied! :D

Some players may have been encountering an issue with The Last of Us which affected the autosave feature, which can result in a loss of progress in the single-player campaign. The team at Naughty Dog has been diligently investigating as soon as we heard from our community, and we have determined the cause to be on servers for The Last of Us which were capturing player statistics. We have made a change to ours to address this issue. All players should quit any game in progress out to the XMB and restart The Last of Us. All players can now enjoy single-player and online multiplayer matches as normal.

Same exact thing happened to me today, Took me 35+ mins with 2 different employees and a manager to get through it. They're preorder system is so messed up now and even worse that they removed the gaming desk so I was just standing at CS with workers that had no idea about games and preorders. The manager was being a total ass to me giving me attitude and saying "If you want the preorder BONUS, its 5$ extra..." HOW IS THAT A BONUS? WTFFFF. At the end of it all the girl couldn't figure it out and just price adjusted $5 and handed me the game with $5 and change...which I didnt even pay for yet cause the first guy wrung me up and didnt take the money once I pointed out the preorder bonus glitch. I couldve just walked out But being the honest saint that I am, I let her know cause I didn't want her to lose her job. Thats my vent...now time to play.

The plot thickens in my auto cancelled orders situation.  I waited two weeks since my last call to call back and I finally got transferred to someone in the "back office".  The girl I spoke with said they have received several complaints about this issue and they are researching it.  I feel that I actually made some progress though because I got the DIRECT NUMBER to the Best Buy back office!  The representative that I spoke with also gave me her direct extension and she said she is personally going to look into it.  She told me to call back on Tuesday but I told her I will more then likely call back on Wednesday or Thursday to give her some extra time.  I'm likely done shopping at Best Buy anyways but now it is just the principal of the matter.

My best buy pretty much told me "tough shit" same response on the phone, I talked to someone on Facebook regarding the issue and acknowledged the error and am talking to them now

Same exact thing happened to me today, Took me 35+ mins with 2 different employees and a manager to get through it. They're preorder system is so messed up now and even worse that they removed the gaming desk so I was just standing at CS with workers that had no idea about games and preorders. The manager was being a total ass to me giving me attitude and saying "If you want the preorder BONUS, its 5$ extra..." HOW IS THAT A BONUS? WTFFFF. At the end of it all the girl couldn't figure it out and just price adjusted $5 and handed me the game with $5 and change...which I didnt even pay for yet cause the first guy wrung me up and didnt take the money once I pointed out the preorder bonus glitch. I couldve just walked out But being the honest saint that I am, I let her know cause I didn't want her to lose her job. Thats my vent...now time to play.
Same here, except I was lucky enough to have the ex-gaming rep (who works in cell phones now) close enough by to overhear and tell the c.s. gal how little sense it made. Still took about 30 minutes to sort it out though. First and last time I preorder in store.

Sorry to hear that some of you are having problems. I walked in to BB and got my copy of the TLOU Survival Edition pretty smoothly.

Just piling on that the system is f'ed up and doesn't take $5 off for the deposit. Explains why I always order online for in store pickup. Don't run into this issue.

Fortunately, it only took about 10 mins to find a solution. I just bought it as it was ($60 plus tax) and they did a second transaction to refund me the $5 deposit. I think the guy knew that if he tried to mess with the original transaction, that the $20 preorder bonus could get jacked up. Got my confirmation (preorder) and DLC code emails when I got back to my computer. Still kind of bummed that I missed out on ordering the survival edition but ended up getting one at Amazon.

I just picked mine up and I was credited for my preorder just fine. At first the register said the total was $64.xx, so I mentioned my $5 preorder, and he said it deducts it after he totals it out. Sure enough, on my reset there's a line after the total that says "Preorder Deposit 5.00" and it all adds up correctly. The guy did tell me it would take him a few extra minutes because he wasn't used to the new preorder system on the computer. So I bet that is what is causing all this trouble. Fortunately, my store is always on the up and up, knows their stuff, and isn't staffed by jerks.

If it helps, here's how my transation went down: Went into "new preorder system" (don't have them do the old return/exchange of the preorder SKU), scan preorder receipt, confirm my Reward Zone info on payment device, scan game, total out, verify receipt to be sure.

So yeah. They sold my fucking survival edition. They gave me a standard copy for free and trying to get me a replacement but im pretty fucking pissed.

So yeah. They sold my fucking survival edition. They gave me a standard copy for free and trying to get me a replacement but im pretty fucking pissed.
:shock: WOW. I'm sorry to hear that. While I don't mean to rub salt on your wounds, this is the exact reason why I decided to preorder the Survival Edition online rather than in-store, and why I think it's a bad idea to preorder a limited edition for any game at any retail location other than Gamestop (of course, if your GS has shady/inexperienced employees, it's not good to preorder there either).

:shock: WOW. I'm sorry to hear that. While I don't mean to rub salt on your wounds, this is the exact reason why I decided to preorder the Survival Edition online rather than in-store, and why I think it's a bad idea to preorder a limited edition for any game at any retail location other than Gamestop (of course, if your GS has shady/inexperienced employees, it's not good to preorder there either).
im about done with best buy. Last week they didn't want do give me the 5 back on my remember me pre order because the system didn't take it off thn with the god of war collection I had to wait extra week because they didn't get them in.

I *am* done with them.  Spent the last of my credit there today (I'll use the $20 RZ cert from TLoU on a movie or something) and good riddance.  It literally took 5 employees nearly 30 mins to process a simple preorder.  Mind-numbingly incompetent.  I'll be shocked if I don't have to call & fight to get the RZ bonus.  

I *am* done with them. Spent the last of my credit there today (I'll use the $20 RZ cert from TLoU on a movie or something) and good riddance. It literally took 5 employees nearly 30 mins to process a simple preorder. Mind-numbingly incompetent. I'll be shocked if I don't have to call & fight to get the RZ bonus.
Same exact thing happened to me. It seemed like it was the system more than the employee but they had to get a manager to manually adjust the price eventually since it was charging $5 for the DLC. I have a feeling I won't get my RZ bonus either without a fight.

In a way I'm not surprised I'm hearing similar stories to what happened to me today. It took SIX employees 45 minutes to sell me a Survival Edition since the system would not ring it up. It's a story in a half, in the end they sold me the SE but to the register they sold it as the regular edition and upcharged that SKU $20 to charge me the proper price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back