CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh! I picked up my in store order today and she placed the games in a bag and when I got home, I looked at the games. All disc only. No manual. No cover art. I can live without a manual but come on, at least require cover art when trading in! All are going back to Best Buy tomorrow.

[quote name='foster1887']Ugh! I picked up my in store order today and she placed the games in a bag and when I got home, I looked at the games. All disc only. No manual. No cover art. I can live without a manual but come on, at least require cover art when trading in! All are going back to Best Buy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you check them while you were in the store that way if you encountered this situation you could have attempted to correct it while you were there.

[quote name='royalbliss1']Just got back from BBY. Picked up 2 KZ3 and MVC3 with the b2g1. Traded one of the KZ3 right back to them for 19.20 with 50%+10% GCU making my total $2.32 for 2 games. Not to bad.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they nuked the value of KZ3. It only trades in for $5 base now.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Looks like they nuked the value of KZ3. It only trades in for $5 base now.[/QUOTE]
acb both vers also done to 5

[quote name='foster1887']Ugh! I picked up my in store order today and she placed the games in a bag and when I got home, I looked at the games. All disc only. No manual. No cover art. I can live without a manual but come on, at least require cover art when trading in! All are going back to Best Buy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Blame the jackass that trades in disc only.

Dude you're a CAG, you should be doing everything but making sure they taste okay before you head out.

Urgh...can't order online for in-store pickup. Any way I can still get in on this deal with the B2G1? No Best Buy near me has the 3 games I want all in stock.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Dude you're a CAG, you should be doing everything but making sure they taste okay before you head out.[/QUOTE]

So I am the only CAG that licks their games for authenticity?

[quote name='chuckywang']Urgh...can't order online for in-store pickup. Any way I can still get in on this deal with the B2G1? No Best Buy near me has the 3 games I want all in stock.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I called the 1-800 number about that issue today. She said there's nothing she can do. She can't have it shipped state to state, either. ALL she said she can do is help with store pickup. Listings are up because some stores do have stock.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I am the only CAG that licks their games for authenticity?[/QUOTE]

:hot:

Um.. Can you tell me what that hole in the middle of the disc is for?

Trying to decide if there are 3 games I want for $25 or so (after my $10 store closing coupon). Considering Two Worlds 2 for the 360, and....

Dragon Age 2 worth getting?

[quote name='Donut2922']Blame the jackass that trades in disc only.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really wish we wouldn't trade in just discs. i had to go to 3 different stores to find a PO copy of Resistance 3 with the box and manual, unsure if the online code works or not.

So I ordered Darkness 2 (360), Dead Rising OTR (ps3), and the Sabateur (360), for in store pick up the other day. Said it would take a few days but today I got an email saying that my 3 copies of Darkness 2 would be available soon. Very confused

[quote name='LordVila']Why didn't you check them while you were in the store that way if you encountered this situation you could have attempted to correct it while you were there.[/QUOTE]

I ran into this last time, but before I went to the pick-up counter, I went back to gaming and took inventory of the items on the shelf. They tried to pawn 2 off on me without cover art, so I went back and immediately exchanged them. The girl was a little unsure because the other games were already set aside with my order number taped to them, but the more experienced guy behind the counter just handed me the ones I wanted and took back the others - no return/rebuy needed.

Considering that my BB has about 1/2 without artwork, this jackass must have been banned by now, so the quality should improve.

Wish i could take advantage of this deal but too bad there's no one location with 3 of the games i want.

[quote name='iduncurr']If you are talking about the Gamer Magazine coupon ($10 off $29.99+ Preowned Games)
Then no, unless you get lucky at customer service.

Seems they are becoming more of a stickler for stacking...as in you can't...not even the small stuff.

They wouldn't even let me have my 10% GCU discount with my B2G1 free purchases because it's considered double dipping apparently.

Same thing with the 9.99 games and the B2G1 free, you may get away with it if the games automatically ring up 9.99 but if they have to manually adjust it then you might not be able to get the B2G1 free promo. Which is why I'm glad I bought it online.[/QUOTE]

Was able to use my $10 off any $29.99 or more coupon today in the same transaction. YMMV however, when they scanned the coupon the B2G1 vanished and required an override. The supervisor came over, read the coupon stacks with sale prices and no questions asked.

Ordered AC: Brotherhood, GOW3 and KZ3 on Sunday online for store pick up. Had to split the order up for pick up at two different stores. Got confirmation that KZ3 was ready for pick up and I got that yesterday. I just got confirmation today that the store I was going to pick up the other 2 games at have no stock. Funny enough KZ3 is the one that ended up being the FREE game. Did I luck out or what happens now?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:hot:

Um.. Can you tell me what that hole in the middle of the disc is for?[/QUOTE]

If done right no explanation is needed. :whistle2:#

Don't know if its been mentioned or not...but Vanquish for the PS3 is 4.99 used while the 360 version is still at 17.99! What's up with the crazy price difference? I want a 360 copy for $5!!!

FYI: I've only traded in a few games disc/cart only. Three of those(Black Ops from the Prestige Editions) were because I wanted to keep the steelbooks. But I DID trade in the manuals with those and put them in regular clear PS3 game cases I had sitting here. The other ones were all DS games(those Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen games with the Hot Wheel type cars in the package) and those were because they didn't come in an actual DS case inside the packaging from BB.:razz:
[quote name='sninh']I check to see how new they smell[/QUOTE]
You're a brave, brave soul. I think I've only ever taken a whiff of one pre-owned game and that was from BB and just recently. But you couldn't pay me enough to sniff one of the pre-owned titles from GS.:puke:
[quote name='coopscohen']Ordered AC: Brotherhood, GOW3 and KZ3 on Sunday online for store pick up. Had to split the order up for pick up at two different stores. Got confirmation that KZ3 was ready for pick up and I got that yesterday. I just got confirmation today that the store I was going to pick up the other 2 games at have no stock. Funny enough KZ3 is the one that ended up being the FREE game. Did I luck out or what happens now?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Killzone 3 is on sale this week for $9.99 pre-owned, just like the other two games in your transaction. So to their system all three showed up as $10 apiece. So you just got a $10 game free after paying for two $10 games.:)

[quote name='coopscohen']Ordered AC: Brotherhood, GOW3 and KZ3 on Sunday online for store pick up. Had to split the order up for pick up at two different stores. Got confirmation that KZ3 was ready for pick up and I got that yesterday. I just got confirmation today that the store I was going to pick up the other 2 games at have no stock. Funny enough KZ3 is the one that ended up being the FREE game. Did I luck out or what happens now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Nope. Killzone 3 is on sale this week for $9.99 pre-owned, just like the other two games in your transaction. So to their system all three showed up as $10 apiece. So you just got a $10 game free after paying for two $10 games.:)[/QUOTE]

Right but I mean if I can't get the other games because they are out of stock at the store I was to pick up from and they aren't available for shipping, do I just get KZ3 for free?

[quote name='reedimer']Hi:

Anybody need the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for Ps3? I have a extra copy, but it's disc only.[/QUOTE]

How much?

[quote name='cancerman1120']If done right no explanation is needed. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Be sure to clean up afterwards, you never know what will come out...

April 2012 @gamer magazine coupon: $10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or above. *in-store only*

how does this stack with the b2g1 or work with the promo?

[quote name='coopscohen']Right but I mean if I can't get the other games because they are out of stock at the store I was to pick up from and they aren't available for shipping, do I just get KZ3 for free?[/QUOTE]

The system should take note of the cancelation of the other two, zero them out, and reprice Killzone since it no longer qualifies or promotional free-ness. You'll end up getting $10 back.

I must be really lucky. I ordered AC: Bro (360), GoW3 & KZ3 online last Sunday, and they were all available at Price Plaza (Katy, TX) BB, only 3 miles from my house so I didn't have to waste much gas to get there. All 3 games came in orig cases w/ manual, totaling $21. A great deal, considering I can prob eBay these for $40+ after playing them.

[quote name='@FIF']The system should take note of the cancelation of the other two, zero them out, and reprice Killzone since it no longer qualifies or promotional free-ness. You'll end up getting $10 back.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so... I think he'll end up with a free Killzone 3.

[quote name='yesidoknow']I got the game 2 years ago and have yet been able to get online with it. THe updates would never install. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Not missing much bro. besides the older the Snake, the tighter the pants

[quote name='Teriana']Was able to use my $10 off any $29.99 or more coupon today in the same transaction. YMMV however, when they scanned the coupon the B2G1 vanished and required an override. The supervisor came over, read the coupon stacks with sale prices and no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, my bb considers the b2g1 as an "offer" and coupon states that it can't combine with other offers. Sale prices are fine but not offers like these.

Eh if anything I'll ask again the next time I'm at bb.

Will they price match the website in store? I found Killzone 3 and God of War III at my best buy, but they were both marked over 20 each and I didn't have time to deal with it right then. Thinking about going back today. Any one have any luck with this?

[quote name='cheapfrag']I don't think so... I think he'll end up with a free Killzone 3.[/QUOTE]
Eh, when this has happened to me in the past the conditional promo has been taken off the transaction automatically and my card charged.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']This still going on?[/QUOTE]
Most stores sales/ads run Sunday to Saturday for the entire week and ALWAYS have. The only exceptions to this are Black Friday ads/sale prices, which are usually a one day ad.

[quote name='AllFrankedUp']Will they price match the website in store? I found Killzone 3 and God of War III at my best buy, but they were both marked over 20 each and I didn't have time to deal with it right then. Thinking about going back today. Any one have any luck with this?[/QUOTE]

They price matched for me instore for killzone 3 AC:B and MvC3 last night with no problems...cashier looked it up on the website in a few minutes...the 10% for GCU did not automatically stack and I did not feel like making a fuss for 2 bucks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Most stores sales/ads run Sunday to Saturday for the entire week and ALWAYS have. The only exceptions to this are Black Friday ads/sale prices, which are usually a one day ad.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't sure if this was ongoing online or not. Thus, I was still wondering. For some reason the site doesnt come up on my touchpad. Even though it says it ends 5/5/12, I thought maybe people abused it and they ended it early. Wouldn't be the first time.

[quote name='Donut2922']just wow .....[/QUOTE]

So, thanks for all the informative info! I'll remember that next time!

They did price match. I ended up with Killzone 3, Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, MLB 10:The Show(selection was slim), and Forgetting Sarah Marshall blu+dvd+digital for $34.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Wasn't sure if this was ongoing online or not. Thus, I was still wondering. For some reason the site doesnt come up on my touchpad. Even though it says it ends 5/5/12, I thought maybe people abused it and they ended it early. Wouldn't be the first time.

So, thanks for all the informative info! I'll remember that next time![/QUOTE]

Glitches get ended early. Sale promos hardly ever stop early. Even the website would should the sale regardless of whether anything was still in stock.

You're welcome cause you know, a lot of members love checking a thread updated with a new post asking what the OP states and even links for everyone.

I went to my local Best Buy and tried picking up AC: Brotherhood and NBA 2K11 for 360 and they were normal price of $24.99 and $19.99, what gives?

The employee said I needed to order in store pick up from the website when I asked why they weren't on sale in the store.

Any help?

[quote name='bonesawisready']I went to my local Best Buy and tried picking up AC: Brotherhood and NBA 2K11 for 360 and they were normal price of $24.99 and $19.99, what gives?

The employee said I needed to order in store pick up from the website when I asked why they weren't on sale in the store.

Any help?[/QUOTE]

That's retarded, but why not do just that. Order online for in-store pick up and get them at the discounted price (and add a third for free, while you're at it...)

[quote name='ChaosLaw']That's retarded, but why not do just that. Order online for in-store pick up and get them at the discounted price (and add a third for free, while you're at it...)[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (both versions) and Killzone 3 cannot be ordered for in-store pickup anymore, even though they show in-stock at some stores, they cannot be added to cart.

[quote name='Marker']Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (both versions) and Killzone 3 cannot be ordered for in-store pickup anymore, even though they show in-stock at some stores, they cannot be added to cart.[/QUOTE]

wtf. lol. fuck best buy.

I dunno go to another BBY? Call in the 1-800 number?

[quote name='Marker']Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (both versions) and Killzone 3 cannot be ordered for in-store pickup anymore, even though they show in-stock at some stores, they cannot be added to cart.[/QUOTE]
You can go to the store and have it price matched their website?

[quote name='outkastx']anyone have their online orders ship/be available for pick-up yet?[/QUOTE]

I ordered 4 things on sunday, 3 were available in store, 1 (AC:B) had to be shipped. I picked up the first 3 on Sunday (wanted to get there early in case they tried to give me disc only I could exchange right away), AC:B shipped on Tuesday but it is still not available (Projected date in email was on 5/5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back