CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']can't get it going this time, just b2g1. good enough for me tho for a free sorcery. thanx guys[/QUOTE]

Same here. Got in on the B2G2 glitch last time but no-go for me this time. It's just not working. Oh well...

[quote name='sninh']it wasnt working for me :(....at first! :D i submitted an order for the b2g1 then tried an order after and the b2g2 worked!

also threw in a copy of call me maybe to make it over $50 ;)[/QUOTE]
You may wanna cancel that order, especially if you think you're gonna get one of the $10 savings codes for a $50 in-store pickup order since pre-owned games are EXCLUDED from that offer.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Enterta...PU/pcmcat276600050001.c?id=pcmcat276600050001

[quote name=' The Fine Print']*Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12. Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards. Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion. Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.[/quote]

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah but some people reported in the other thread that they were sent a code even tho it does say preowned games dont count.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten two codes from pre owned

I wonder if BB has fixed the GCU 10% discount issue that would not apply to multiple pre-owned games in one transaction for in-store purchases. I sent an email to Mariel on the BBY forums weeks ago and she said her business team was made aware of it but they've been slow to update their systems in the past.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Is this preowned $10 back for $50 happening on a regular basis? If so, I might redo my order since it is already at $45.[/QUOTE]

Not for me. I placed two pre-owned orders of more than $50 for in-store pick-up during the last B2G2 glitch and didn't receive any $10 codes. I think the loophole existed only for that first day for pre-owned games. One of my orders was placed and picked up on Monday that week and nada for me...

[quote name='Donut2922']I wonder if BB has fixed the GCU 10% discount issue that would not apply to multiple pre-owned games in one transaction for in-store purchases. I sent an email to Mariel on the BBY forums weeks ago and she said her business team was made aware of it but they've been slow to update their systems in the past.[/QUOTE]
I just wonder if the possibility of the GCU 10% applying twice to single game purchases still exists like it did a few months ago when they put Dead Island pre-owned on sale as one of the deals of the week. If I remember correctly, the $10 off $29.99 coupon applied, then the system took the $2.99 off the $29.99 price and then also took off $1.99 for the new price after the coupon.

That was nice.;)

I think I paid around $5 for the copy of DI I'm currently playing through.;)

Slept on FIFA and now it isn't available for shipping or ship to store, and nearest store that has it is about 100 miles away from me.

He who hesitates is lost...damn!

It appears you can't stack a buy2get1 with the $10 coupon... I tried to get:
Kingdoms of Amalur ($35 before coupon)
Saints Row 3 ($25)
Uncharted 3 ($25)
It wouldn't let them use the buy 2 get one AND the $10 off coupon. This really frustrates me since I'm supposed to be able to use the coupons WITH sales.

EDIT: Just opened Uncharted... Heavy stench of pot. Gotta love used games...

[quote name='Woocls']It appears you can't stack a buy2get1 with the $10 coupon... I tried to get:
Saints Row 3 ($25)
Uncharted 3 ($25)
It wouldn't let them use the buy 2 get one AND the $10 off coupon. This really frustrates me since I'm supposed to be able to use the coupons WITH sales.[/QUOTE]

The coupon and b2g1 each count as a separate offer. if you wanted to use coupon on KoA, you can since it's off the sale price. If you wanted to get all three games, you can b2g1. But you cannot use a coupon and get b2g1

tyler, same thing happened to me. at like 3am i did an order of fifa, forza and sorcery. then my girl came and enticed me to the bed and im like no iv got to just do this last cag deal. then i woke up and the deal/shipping is dead. oh well. snooze i lose.

and Woocis, i found a roach in a gamestop gamecase one time, lol. not the wiggly squirmy type ;)

[quote name='Velo214']tyler, same thing happened to me. at like 3am i did an order of fifa, forza and sorcery. then my girl came and enticed me to the bed and im like no iv got to just do this last cag deal. then i woke up and the deal/shipping is dead. oh well. snooze i lose.[/QUOTE]

yeah but you got some, so.......:D

sorry this is off topic, but does best buy still sell amazon kindle cards or visa prepaid cards?? I didn't see either at my store today

[quote name='Gdogg']sorry this is off topic, but does best buy still sell amazon kindle cards or visa prepaid cards?? I didn't see either at my store today[/QUOTE]

In the store when a bunch of blu shirts are harassing to help you, you never asked?

[quote name='Velo214']tyler, same thing happened to me. at like 3am i did an order of fifa, forza and sorcery. then my girl came and enticed me to the bed and im like no iv got to just do this last cag deal. then i woke up and the deal/shipping is dead. oh well. snooze i lose.

and Woocis, i found a roach in a gamestop gamecase one time, lol. not the wiggly squirmy type ;)[/QUOTE]
My one ex gf found a roach in a rental car she had for the week the one time. We both had a chuckle when she found it.;)

[quote name='ijustw1n']In the store when a bunch of blu shirts are harassing to help you, you never asked?[/QUOTE]

LOL the only people that harass me at best buy are the direct tv reps.

I did ask one guy about the prepaid visa cards, but he said they never ever sold them, but I swear I remember people talking about getting them on these boards.

[quote name='Gdogg']LOL the only people that harass me at best buy are the direct tv reps.

I did ask one guy about the prepaid visa cards, but he said they never ever sold them, but I swear I remember people talking about getting them on these boards.[/QUOTE]

some people have. As for kindle cards, I ususally find them in the laptop area of my BB, but it could be different for yours. They have either $25, or $50 ones.

[quote name='Gdogg']LOL the only people that harass me at best buy are the direct tv reps.

I did ask one guy about the prepaid visa cards, but he said they never ever sold them, but I swear I remember people talking about getting them on these boards.[/QUOTE]

Visas - up front by register
Kindle Cards - by the laptops/tablets/kindles

[quote name='Velo214']tyler, same thing happened to me. at like 3am i did an order of fifa, forza and sorcery. then my girl came and enticed me to the bed and im like no iv got to just do this last cag deal. then i woke up and the deal/shipping is dead. oh well. snooze i lose.

and Woocis, i found a roach in a gamestop gamecase one time, lol. not the wiggly squirmy type ;)[/QUOTE]

Many a time I've tried explaining CAG to my girlfriend. Let's just say she always comes out on top. ;)

as long as i take care of a few things here and there my girl doesn't mind my cag addiction. she came in last night and was like wtf are you doing, and im like, argh trying to get that b2g2f glitch to work again but no luck, lol. she thinks im crazy. but there could be so many worse things. its not like im going to the clubs/bars, im just scrounging for deals up late, lol. also i buy diapers/wipes and dresses/etc off amazon with my kindle flip cash, so that's a good appeasement to her every once in awhile. ;)

[quote name='Velo214']as long as i take care of a few things here and there my girl doesn't mind my cag addiction. she came in last night and was like wtf are you doing, and im like, argh trying to get that b2g2f glitch to work again but no luck, lol. she thinks im crazy. but there could be so many worse things. its not like im going to the clubs/bars, im just scrounging for deals up late, lol. also i buy diapers/wipes and dresses/etc off amazon with my kindle flip cash, so that's a good appeasement to her every once in awhile. ;)[/QUOTE]

I get my girlfriend camera stuff eith my flips haha

i hate camera stuff. it seems every year i have to get her a new camera. i got her that nikon cool pix and then i got her some quickshot camera. seems every year i gotta blow like $200 on some top line fancy lil camera, and then it seems a few months later it is 'so slow' and 'not focusing' etc. ugh. oh wellz.

[quote name='Woocls']It appears you can't stack a buy2get1 with the $10 coupon... I tried to get:
Saints Row 3 ($25)
Uncharted 3 ($25)
It wouldn't let them use the buy 2 get one AND the $10 off coupon. This really frustrates me since I'm supposed to be able to use the coupons WITH sales.

EDIT: Just opened Uncharted... Heavy stench of pot. Gotta love used games...[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the $10 code on in-store pickups over $50, the fine print clearly states that it doesn't work on preowned games.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Enterta...cmcat276600050001&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323254

Fine Print:
Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12.
Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards.
Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion.
Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.

i had to go to cs and get it pricematched, but yeah worked fine.
she actually had to adjust batman/uncharted 3 to 24.99... n then im like... sorry but it should be 22.49 with 10% off, so she redid both for 22.99 and i was good enough with that. finally got syndicate for $4.xx after buying/flipping batman and uncharted 3. woot

[quote name='Dund3r']If you are talking about the $10 code on in-store pickups over $50, the fine print clearly states that it doesn't work on preowned games.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Enterta...cmcat276600050001&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323254

Fine Print:
Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12.
Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards.
Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion.
Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.[/QUOTE]No, he's talking about the "$10 off a pre-owned game $29.99 or higher" coupon from the latest @Gamer magazine and how it doesn't stack with the B2G1, as it shouldn't.

Besides, some have reported still receiving $10 off codes for pickup orders involving BBY's B2G1 sales.

[quote name='Velo214']i had to go to cs and get it pricematched, but yeah worked fine.
she actually had to adjust batman/uncharted 3 to 24.99... n then im like... sorry but it should be 22.49 with 10% off, so she redid both for 22.99 and i was good enough with that. finally got syndicate for $4.xx after buying/flipping batman and uncharted 3. woot[/QUOTE]
Crap... I forgot to get that added on too. :( I could tell the 2 girls helping me out were both confused and a little impressed. :bouncy: One girl was like "Wait... Saints Row 3 is only $25? WoW!"

[quote name='Tsel']Many a time I've tried explaining CAG to my girlfriend. Let's just say she always comes out on top. ;)[/QUOTE]

Girl on top is often a good thing.....

Now for the reverse cowgirl......

[quote name='KtMack23']Visas - up front by register
Kindle Cards - by the laptops/tablets/kindles[/QUOTE]

In my store they actually moved them. This whole time I thought they stopped stocking them but now they're behind the counter at customer service.

Got Batman AC Forza and Fifa 12 for 48 out the door. Going back in the door down the street for 78. I kind of wanted to keep Fifa and just break even but the TIV is just to hard to pass up.

[quote name='mrclutch']Got Batman AC Forza and Fifa 12 for 48 out the door. Going back in the door down the street for 78. I kind of wanted to keep Fifa and just break even but the TIV is just to hard to pass up.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to do Forza, SR3 and pretty much any other game for the B2G1 but Forza isn't available anywhere in my region. :(

On Sunday I ordered for in-store pickup and Unlocked

:360: FIFA 12 $22
:360: Forza 4 $22
:360: Saints Row the Third

I decided to try and see if I could get the B2G2 to work for in-store pickup today (I can't wait for this stuff to get shipped) today, and lo and behold it worked. Now it actually has to work in reality, but here's what I got:

:ps3: NBA 2k12 $22
:ps3: Uncharted 3 $22
:360: Forza 4 free
:360: Saints Row the Third free

Note: they weren't in stock at one store so I had to grab them from a bunch of different BBs.

[quote name='maxiell']On Sunday I ordered for in-store pickup and Unlocked

:360: FIFA 12 $22
:360: Forza 4 $22
:360: Saints Row the Third

I decided to try and see if I could get the B2G2 to work for in-store pickup today (I can't wait for this stuff to get shipped) today, and lo and behold it worked. Now it actually has to work in reality, but here's what I got:

:ps3: NBA 2k12 $22
:ps3: Uncharted 3 $22
:360: Forza 4 free
:360: Saints Row the Third free

Note: they weren't in stock at one store so I had to grab them from a bunch of different BBs.[/QUOTE]

Buy 2 get 2? I know there's b2g1.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Buy 2 get 2? I know there's b2g1.[/QUOTE]It's a glitch that may or may not occur on BBY.com--just add 4 equally-priced used games to your cart and if two of them are free, you can benefit, otherwise you can't.

[quote name='Vigilante']It's a glitch that may or may not occur on BBY.com--just add 4 equally-priced used games to your cart and if two of them are free, you can benefit, otherwise you can't.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can. :cool:

TY for the info. I saw 1 glitch(well, I guess it isn't a glitch, technically), didn't know there was 2.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Yes, I can. :cool:

TY for the info. I saw 1 glitch(well, I guess it isn't a glitch, technically). Didn't know there was 2.[/QUOTE]Oh.

Well, then...

:cry:

Did my last B2G2 with Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, FIFA 12 and Forza 4.

I think the trick is to do a B2G1 first. But who knows.

[quote name='Velo214']i had to go to cs and get it pricematched, but yeah worked fine.
she actually had to adjust batman/uncharted 3 to 24.99... n then im like... sorry but it should be 22.49 with 10% off, so she redid both for 22.99 and i was good enough with that. finally got syndicate for $4.xx after buying/flipping batman and uncharted 3. woot[/QUOTE]

So, you are PM'ing. Were those from B2G2 glitches? Just wondering because in the past if I PM'd a bb.com order they had to do a return/rebuy. If that is still the case, I don't know if I want to risk the B2G2 glitch not working on a PM.

[quote name='mrclutch']Got Batman AC Forza and Fifa 12 for 48 out the door. Going back in the door down the street for 78. I kind of wanted to keep Fifa and just break even but the TIV is just to hard to pass up.[/QUOTE]

I'm so late. I, just, started reading 5 pages back, then noticed this on the page I'm posting on! :dunce:

I should've known ya'll are quick.

i just did instore b2g1 and had them pricematched in store. i did pickup some b2g2 instore pickup but that was like 2 weeks ago and i just picked them up and no price changes. i tried to exchange a 360 version of syndicate for the ps3 version (cuz they still don't have the preowned version online, wtf?!) but they said no go on exchanges of preowned games. oh wells, i flipped it right back.

yeah i got one set of forza/fifa street in the mail with my free sorcery... but missed out on my 2nd order. oh wellz
now to flip it all tomorrow with fingers crossed tivs dont plummet tonite!

[quote name='maxiell']Did my last B2G2 with Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, FIFA 12 and Forza 4.

I think the trick is to do a B2G1 first. But who knows.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to say this is confirmed but yesterday I could not get it to work but I still did a B2G1 which shipped today. I thought I would try after reading your post and sure enough I got it to work.

Got

Dead Rising 2
Alice:Madness Returns
LotR:WitN
Captain America

$34.03 shipped after taxes. $8.50 seems reasonable.

Edit Shipping these won't mess it up will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back