Best Game Trade-In Program 2011

Best Buy

It is too bad they're banning most of the high volume traders, though I can definitely see it from their perspective, since they're NEVER gonna sell the hundreds(thousands?) of copies of Fallout New Vegas and other flipped games they got when those were available cheap at one place or another.

But their program did allow me to be able to get a 32" HDtv for about $150 spent out of pocket.;)

Best Buy. Not only has their base trade ins been much higher than GameStop, but the bonus deals they have been doing are great.

Would have been Best Buy until they came up with the banning solution to limiting trade-ins (instead of, you know, actually just limiting trade-ins like Amazon did).

So, yeah, as a result I go with the slow and steady Amazon. Yes, they have their own issues, but it is relatively dependable and they have very clear and consistently enforced (at the time of trade-in) rules. Plus it ends up as Amazon credit, which is more flexible than even Best Buy credit (and way more than GS credit).

Gamestop would be a very close second though - way underrated by most of CAG but I've gotten some great trade-ins there for years, including many just recently.

That reminds me that I should really test out if I'm banned or not again sometime soon. If I am, then I'm gonna have them check for every single pre-order deposit I made in the system and cash those out for a gc. I think I have almost enough for a full MSRP priced game locked up in deposits.

Amazon has been good to me. They even upped the price on one of my trade ins to a higher quality on their own (I was missing the insert but the disc/case were mint). Best buy started strong, but the values are a bit low these days.

The one good thing Best Buy did this year was their trade in program. I didn't actually take advantage of it myself but several of my friends were thankful to me for giving them the heads-up on it.

Best Buy - no, because the only one in my town doesn't accept video game trade ins
Amazon - they started off strong but sometime this year they started giving me less than they said they were going to give me when I first submitted my trade in (or just wouldn't accept it because it was missing the manual)
GameStop - they generally sucked this year but if you managed to wait for their trade 3, get an extra $10 or 50% extra trade in specials, you could actually get some pretty good deals (I only traded in during those two circumstances).

So overall winner....GameStop (shocking, I know)

bread's done
Back