Best Game Trade-In Program 2011

I finally tried Amazon's trade-in program. There are some questionable ethics with the third-party company involved, but I have had no problems and I get the most money from Amazon for my trade-ins.

GameStop - I was able to game their "50% more value towards used games" by trading in a bunch of stuff toward a $5 DS game, then using the remaining credit on a new game. Worked out great.

I prefer Amazon and still use them when I need to trade things in but when I had over 30 games to trade-in I had to take advantage Best Buy's preorder promo. It was smooth and the rep was a cool dude so I'll give it to them this year.

That reminds me, I still have $5 down on NCAA 2012 lol. I wonder if I can get that back.....

Best Buy

I was buying stuff like Batman, AssRev, LotR:WitN, BF3 all from Kmart with their coupons, with some gamestop flips from credit I had, Goozex flips, along with some flips from Amazon allowed me to play a lot of games this year and flip them into Best Buy to buy me 2 laptops and some amazon gift cards.

Amazon, they have the most consistently high TIV's and you can use the TIV on almost anything they sell, no one is even close. Best Buy crashed thier TIV's and started banning customers leading to a really poor customer experience, just because they couldn't do the math between what they were buying stuff for and what they were selling it for! That would never happen at Amazon.

Example of how BB has gotten weak...Best Buy Trade-in of the day, Twisted Metal PS3 $25.00, or go to amazon and get $30.25 (just thier standard TIV, no TOD).

Hard for me to decide between Amazon and Best Buy this year, but had to go with Best Buy as they did some great things with their trade-in program this year.

bread's done
Back