Best Retailer Website Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Voting is now open for Best Retailer Website Design.

Regardless of the retailer's sales or deals, which website has the best design?

You may want to consider factors such as; integrating additional content into their site, the ease at which you can search for deals, or any other factors you think are important to a great game retailer website.

Please vote using the polling system above.

Nominees:
BestBuy.com
CircuitCity.com
EBgames.com
GameFly.com
GameStop.com
Play-Asia.com

EBgames.com for me. It is so simple, yet so easy to navigate and use. I'm never confused on their site, except when they update and all that shows up is like 2 new NES games. :p

ill go with ebay. its easy to find pretty much anything you want at a decent price(besides chritstmas time) and checkout is a snap. ive been lucky so far, no major complaints.

I actually like Gamestop's design better. You can check to see if a local store has a game in stock (even if the warehouse is out) as opposed to EB Games....although, EB has had the better deals this year.

Best Buy for their in-store pickup, a great way to see if your store any game, movie, or whatever in stock and even order it right there for pickup if you like.

gamestop. Check local inventory, and prices on OOS games. Otherwise the same site basically as ebgames.com. I also agree that eb has better deals, but GS has a better site.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Best Buy for their in-store pickup, a great way to see if your store any game, movie, or whatever in stock and even order it right there for pickup if you like.[/QUOTE]
The inventory system behind it sucks, since if there's 3 or less in-stock in-store, their system shows it as unavailable. :roll:

Plus, it's not updated in real-time, it's updated nightly. An operating as big as BB should be able to do it in some sense of real time, not updated nightly.

EBgames.com has the WORST website in the world. The thing that gets me, is that once a game is unavailable online, they pull the entire listing! How can I check store inventory through the online tracker when they do this?? What's the point of even having the store tracker at this point.

I nominate Gamestop, because they leave ALL their games up, and I have gotten many hard to find games through their online inventory.

[quote name='shrike4242']The inventory system behind it sucks, since if there's 3 or less in-stock in-store, their system shows it as unavailable. :roll:

Plus, it's not updated in real-time, it's updated nightly. An operating as big as BB should be able to do it in some sense of real time, not updated nightly.[/QUOTE]
Anything I've looked for in their store has always been there, and things that weren't weren't. Much more effective than CC's in-store pickup that doesn't include movies and games. Plus, I mostly use it for weekly sales when I want to save trips if they're out.

Play-asia is what NCSX should be with shopping recomendations and up to date news. Please NCSX, learn from them with the recomendation systems but it must be hard to impliment.

EB takes it, easy to use interface and the ability to sort games by new or used and price! That's how all sites that sell video games should be, it helps all CAG's find cheap games faster. :applause:

EBGames, the reason? Because they don't have a million ads all over and it's basic and easy to find what you need.

For me it's practicaly a toss-up between Circuit City and Best Buy, but since best buy doesn't have the prices listed in searches, I'm going with Circuit City.

I went with EB even though there is no clear winner there, pretty much every site on that list is easy to order from and looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back