BestBuy: $9.99 each KoF XI, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed, FPWR

NeoGutsman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Saw these games at Best Buy this past Sunday (12/23) both in a big cardboard bargain bin and on the endcap of one of the cash registers. There were other, older games there, too, including Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast (PSP) for $9.99 as well.

I'm not sure if these are available in all BB's, though, as I couldn't find any of them available on the main website. Please chime in if you find these in your BB as well so that I can determine whether or not to mark this YMMV with regard to availability.

$9.99 PS2
  • King of Fighters XI
  • NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
  • Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed
  • Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

The first two obviously are a terrific games, particularly at the price (I picked those up for $14.99 plus tax via Amazon Prime). For you military strategists out there, Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed is the latest of the series, the only other versions released in America being Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics released in 2005 for the Xbox, and Iron Storm for the Sega Saturn. I haven't played this version yet, but seeing as how these kinds of strategy games are rarely released at all anymore, it's not a bad gamble for $9.99.

Happy Holidays, all you fellow CAGers, and thanks again for another great year of awesome deal findings!

Edit: Added FPWR - Thanks, kazo!
Edit: (credit to lukewin and others) -
There is a generic UPC stickered on the back of my 2 games, 6 58517 60416 9. It shows up on the receipt as "PS2-9.99 FRONTLANE 8".
So basically, note that these games are NOT listed in BB's internal system or on the website because these are apparently labeled with this generic SKU and listing. Price seems to be consistent at all BB's which have these games in stock. Also, you may have to dig through the stacks of these games as they're not always sorted properly (and the recent holiday sales may have resulted in a lot of shuffling anyway). Good luck, all!

I just bought a few of these games off of amazon. I guess I'll hit BB and see if I can nab some of these games. I would feel bad I bought the games off of amazon but it was probably worth it not having to deal with the xmas crowds.

My friend got the last copies of KoF and NGBC and I got the last copy of DSVII: Exceed at the Santana Row location in San Jose. They were in the clearance section in the game section. Checked the ones near the registers, none there.

Found all four at my local BB. I had always wanted to play Fire Pro Wrestling D on the Dreamcast but never got around to it. KOF and NGBC are a no brainer. I had never even heard of Dai Senryaku before, but I'll give it a try since it is so cheap, and secondly, I have always been intrigued by these niche titles.

[quote name='emg28']Thanks OP. Found DS: Exceed 7, FPW and NGBC but no KOF. Also picked up Super Ghost & Goblins (psp) for $9.99.[/quote]
Which store in socal?

[quote name='B:L']Which store in socal?[/quote]

The BB in Manhattan Beach/El Segundo. It's on Sepulveda Bl (close to Artesia Bl.) in the relatively new shopping center "The Edge".

They had a big blue box in the game section marked "games $9.99 and up". Also, try the game section in the checkout lane.

[quote name='KiySeph']My friend got the last copies of KoF and NGBC and I got the last copy of DSVII: Exceed at the Santana Row location in San Jose. They were in the clearance section in the game section. Checked the ones near the registers, none there.[/quote]

Damn You, I found them at Toys R Us, but I had to pay a buck more after using a 3 doller coupon.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The final boss of KoF XI is the most complete bullshit I've seen in a video game in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Seconded only by the final boss of Neo-Geo Battle Colosseum.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The final boss of KoF XI is the most complete bullshit I've seen in a video game in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing through challenge mode rather than Arcade to unlock stuff. This way, I'll only have to fight him once. Not that the other challenges aren't ridiculous.

[quote name='Paco']Mine had none of them. I was sent home with only Assassin's Creed on the PS3[/quote]

I have no idea if the one near me had any of these. Traffic and parking was so bad I decided to turn around and go home.

Well I found KOF XI near the checkout at one of the Best Buys near me and picked it up. I also saw Fire Pro, but I didn't feel like getting it. I was really looking to pick up KOF XII & Neogeo Battle Coliseum, I got the last KOF XI, but they didn't have NGBC at all. Damn shame too. I can only hope that because NGBC came out on Dec 21st that they'll get it later, but I doubt it.

I went to 3 BB in NYC and didn't find anything at all. A little disappointed, but I went to J&R and I found Fire Pro for $14 so I got that. Maybe I'll look after all this shopping crowd shit clears up.

If anyone in NYC find some, please post it. Thanks

My bestbuy doesn't have it in their system, toys r us was sold out, and no luck at the City. Got Elite Beat agents for under 10 bucks. EB had Neo-Geo Battle for 20 bucks. Guy was talking about how games under 20 bucks aren't good and I told him I Just got EBA for less than 10 and proceeded to laugh at him saying I won't buy Battle Collesium for 5 bucks over msrp.

West Hollywood, CA had them on Friday. I got KOFXI, Neo Battle and Dai Senryaku. They had several additional copies of each. They're in black bins in the checkout line and along the checkout line wall on a shelf.

I hit a bb in norcal a couple days ago and I didnt see any kof. I am going to check it out again tomorrow. I saw the black shelf thing near registers and a green bargain bin. Maybe I missed a bin or something.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']My bestbuy doesn't have it in their system, toys r us was sold out, and no luck at the City. Got Elite Beat agents for under 10 bucks. EB had Neo-Geo Battle for 20 bucks. Guy was talking about how games under 20 bucks aren't good and I told him I Just got EBA for less than 10 and proceeded to laugh at him saying I won't buy Battle Collesium for 5 bucks over msrp.[/quote]

Who has E.B Agents for under 10 bucks?

I went to the BB in Milpitas, CA (McCarthy Ranch). They had one copy of KoF XI left in the bargain bin closest to the video game area.

[quote name='krazyazn01']I went to the BB in Milpitas, CA (McCarthy Ranch). They had one copy of KoF XI left in the bargain bin closest to the video game area.[/quote]

:bomb:
You think it was the last copy?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']:bomb:
You think it was the last copy?[/QUOTE]

I go there pretty often during the holidays, and I didn't see it until yesterday. I rummaged through all the bargain bins yesterday, so I'm pretty sure it was the last one. I didn't pick it up, so it should still be there unless someone else picked it up. I already got it from amazon awhile back for $15.

I've only seen KoF here in PA (well, at BB at least).

Here's a breakdown of where I've seen these games and what prices...

KMART

NGBC- $9.99
KOF- $9.99
FPWR- $14.99

Toys R Us
NGBC- $14.99
KOF- not found
FPWR- $14.99

BB

NGBC - not found
KOF- $9.99
FPRW- not found

It's just been real hit and miss with these games.

Well I went to Kmart and couldn't find any of these games. Damn sham too I really wanted NeoGeo Battle Coliseum. :cry:

Bought KoF XI, Dai Senryaku, and Magical Melody today! I couldn't find NeoGeo but oh well. The BB in Schaumburg, IL still has copies of Magical Melody and a few copies of KoF XI and Dai Senryaku left.

There are NONE of these games in Fargo, ND. I asked about the big cheap game bin and they said they got rid of it after Xmas. Bummer. :

[quote name='Legendary Gokou']KB Toys has FPWR for 9.99 also. If this was mentioned already, sorry.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I wanna get my hands on that game, especially since people have been saying how good it is. Hope that KB has it...

So I revisited the BB in Houston on Gessner and 59. They had 2 copies each of each of the 4 games. I grabbed a copy of NGBC and KoFXI. Just a heads up if anyone else in Houston is looking for copies of the game.

Nothing in Union NJ. Even asked the guy to check the computer for KOF and he couldn't find it.

BB store in Houston Hwy 6 & FM 529 had over 10 copies of KOF 11 & 6 FPW:R picked up KOF but no such luck on NGBC still looikn for that 1

You might want to check sears also even though it will be YMMV but they also carry Neo Geo BC, and KOF XI with the generic price sticker for $9.99

The Best Buy in Frisco, TX had three of the four...

A bunch of Dai Senryaku VII up front, one copy of FPWR in one of their value game bins in the center of the store, and two KoFXI, though my friend and I took those.

bread's done
Back