BestBuy August 2010 RZ Gamer Club Deals - Tekken 6 (360) $10

hobomatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looks like there's only one set of coupons for August. Enjoy.

8/1-8/14

Get 150 points on these titles:

• NCAA Football 11' :ps3::360::ps2:
  • StarCraft II :pc:
Save $5 on these select titles:

• Little League World Series Baseball: Double Play :wii::ds:
  • Little League World Series Baseball 2010 :360::ps3:
Save $10 on these select titles:

• Brutal Legend :360::ps3:
  • Green Day: Rockband :360::ps3::wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Nier :360::ps3:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City :ps3:
Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Medal of Honor :360::ps3::pc: (Available 10/12)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
On request from Jodou:
$5 Coupon
$10 Coupon
$20 Coupon

Thanks to FatBoyInside for providing the layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I dont see how you can make a profit off any of these deals. At best you would break even with a trade in deal. The only deal I saw that you could really make money on was that Blur deal with the manufacturers coupon. Other then that your margin can't be that lucrative.

[quote name='PilotPSK']Personally I dont see how you can make a profit off any of these deals. At best you would break even with a trade in deal. The only deal I saw that you could really make money on was that Blur deal with the manufacturers coupon. Other then that your margin can't be that lucrative.[/QUOTE]
Clearly you're new to capitalism.

[quote name='Jodou']Clearly you're new to capitalism.[/QUOTE]

Ok well look at the $20 Best Buy Deal for the GTA 4 expansion. There are tons of copies on ebay that has a buy it now for less then $20 so even if you buy it and throw it up you wouldn't have the lowest price and even if you did sell it for $20 you are still losing on the deal so where are you making money on this?

Even if you buy them and hold on to them sealed, how do you know which ones will appreciate in value and which ones will depreciate in value? If you even knew which ones would go up and which would go down, how much could you possibly make on each game that would make enough money to sustain itself? Say you made out and got an extra $10 a copy you still would have to sell a bunch of games to make it worth your time and make it so you dont have to pay out of your own pocket for your inventory.

I still fail to see how this is a viable business.

The only value in most of the threads anymore are the OP's themselves. The actual discussion in the threads deteriorate quite quickly but you can't help but look to see if someone caught something you might have missed. Many of the OP's are not updated because there is the belief that you should have to agonize through the entire thread with everyone else to find the updates, which is meant to discourage the lurkers from SD and FW. In the meantime you have to dig through pages and pages of people talking about how they bought something or how they are going to flip something without really contributing to the thread. Heck, even someone will come here and see how this has gone off topic with my rant.

/rant

[quote name='hendrickfan24']do you get junk in your mail box for joining rewards zone?[/QUOTE]

i've never got anything from them... not even the membership card.

[quote name='PilotPSK']I still fail to see how this is a viable business.[/QUOTE]
If someone has found a way to make a dollar from any of these deals, do you really expect that person to tell *you* how to do it as well? :whistle2:s

So despite the voucher in Brutal Legend saying the code for the track pack expired 12/31/2009, I entered the code and it worked.

So hey, not only did I get Brutal Legend for 10 bucks, but I also got 3 songs for Rock Band as well.

[quote name='DarkZion']So despite the voucher in Brutal Legend saying the code for the track pack expired 12/31/2009, I entered the code and it worked.

So hey, not only did I get Brutal Legend for 10 bucks, but I also got 3 songs for Rock Band as well.[/QUOTE]

A little OT, but when I bought my PSP pack with a voucher for Echochrome, it also said it was expired, but worked fine. Maybe those are just a legal thing.

Any chance of picking up GTA PS3 and then returning it for a 360 copy? I realize the coupon is PS3 only but return policies usually consider something like that an even exchange.

awww hdsjsjdjdfsj didnt see that the deal was only for PS3 for Grand theft atuo , i'm in the same boat as you Ki77a, i wonder the same thing

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']Any chance of picking up GTA PS3 and then returning it for a 360 copy? I realize the coupon is PS3 only but return policies usually consider something like that an even exchange.[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you shop, but no store I'm aware of would ever consider a $20 item on one platform an even exchange for a $40 item on another platform. Best Buy sure won't.

I'm debating whether to get GTA IV: Episodes (I have both 360 & PS3 versions of GTAIV) or Nier.

Nier is one of those games I would buy, but I wouldn't pay $40 for. But still, I would want to see if it as bad as people say it is or if it is better. I'm still a sucker for RPG's though

For those of you who've been in here complaining about no 360 love for GTA, if you hadn't noticed, Episodes From Liberty City is Amazon's video game deal of the day for all 3 systems: $19.99 :360: :ps3: and $14.99 :pc:

[quote name='DarkZion']So despite the voucher in Brutal Legend saying the code for the track pack expired 12/31/2009, I entered the code and it worked.

So hey, not only did I get Brutal Legend for 10 bucks, but I also got 3 songs for Rock Band as well.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Good to know. I was planning to try it when I open the game, regardless, but I didn't expect it to work.

[quote name='JanusZeal2']Is it just me, or do the links to these gamer club coupons only show up in IE? If so, massive fail, Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
All good for me on FF.

[quote name='JanusZeal2']Is it just me, or do the links to these gamer club coupons only show up in IE? If so, massive fail, Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

It's just you. works fine in safari and ff for me.

Random question: when picking up a preorder can you do a price match? Say if I wanted to get Madden 11 and preordered it for $5, would I be able to pick it up and PM sears and still get the preorder bonus and the $10 RZ stuff?

[quote name='dabamus']Random question: when picking up a preorder can you do a price match? Say if I wanted to get Madden 11 and preordered it for $5, would I be able to pick it up and PM sears and still get the preorder bonus and the $10 RZ stuff?[/QUOTE]

dabamus, that sounds very tricky..however, since the $5 isn't a special deal, and rather money spent, I do not see this as double dipping that would make you choose either the Sears PM or ?? So, no problem there. The RZ stuff will be totally independent of the transaction, and still process/post properly on that end. As for the bonus..well if you're talking about the Madden Arcade, that should be inside the pre-order disc case you are walk out of the store with for $5 when you complete the pre-order transaction..

Ok, thanks. If I have my car back(going on 4 weeks now without it, damn transmission) by Tuesday, I'll try that!

I have been a RZ Premier Member for years and I haven't seen any really good game deals at all. Disappointing offers again.

You need to turn off any ad-blockers in order to see the coupons.

quick question... on those 500 points for preorder deals... are you supposed to get the points just for doing the preorder? I would think not cause why would they give you 10 bucks for a 5 buck preorder.

I ask this because a couple months ago I did the madden preorder just to grab the arcade title with no intention of actually picking up the game from there. Today I got the email telling me that my 10 dollar certificate is ready. So is this normal or just a fluke?

Its normal. U get the $10 whether u pick up the game or not. The only time u wont get the bonus is if you use gift cards or reward zone certs to pay for it.

that's normal i've been doing the preorder deals to get things for 50% off if i plan far enough in advance... a lot of things are hot deals at best buy for that discount hehe

Wait, they seriously just give you the points even if you don't pick up the game? That's some industrial strength stupid.

[quote name='Okatha']Wait, they seriously just give you the points even if you don't pick up the game? That's some industrial strength stupid.[/QUOTE]

I have already spent the pre-order points on the bluray deal, can I just get my $5 back from the preorder and they not do anything?

[quote name='seanr1221']There's a chance they can take 500 points from your account if you don't pick it up.[/QUOTE]

No, I know plenty of people who don't pick up preorders and they keep the points, but I don't know what happens whens you try to get the $5 back once you've already spent the bonus points.

If the $5 is considered to be a purchase, then non Premier members will only have 30 days for a refund. How long does it take before the bonus points post though?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If the $5 is considered to be a purchase, then non Premier members will only have 30 days for a refund. How long does it take before the bonus points post though?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, thought I could get a refund if it was 5 days after release and did not want to get it.

if you get a refund it's a return and cancels out your RZ points. What happens with the preorders is it shows up as a best buy purchase thats specially flagged, when you get credit for the purchase(of the preorder that is to clarify not of the full game) you get the points.

i went to get brutal legend with the coupon and they had a 25% off deal so i couldnt use the coupon! fuckin best buy screwed me over!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If the $5 is considered to be a purchase, then non Premier members will only have 30 days for a refund. How long does it take before the bonus points post though?[/QUOTE]
I believe it's now ridiculous, something like 35 days before points post. I guess it makes sense, since most if not all items would have to be returned within 30 days of purchase, and it's probably fewer steps for them.

[quote name='nixmahn']I have already spent the pre-order points on the bluray deal, can I just get my $5 back from the preorder and they not do anything?[/QUOTE]

If you cancel the pre-order they take the points out of your balance (even if it makes the balance negative). If you don't cancel the pre-order, you keep the points. I've done this over 40x and never had any of them get deducted for not picking up the game.

So Brutal Legend made me realize two things: 1. I suck at RTS's and 2. I hate RTS's.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I think it was worth the $10, even with my disliking of the RTS parts. Hell, I think the cutscene featuring Ozzy Osbourne's Mr. Crowley made it worth ten bucks.

[quote name='DarkZion']So Brutal Legend made me realize two things: 1. I suck at RTS's and 2. I hate RTS's.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I think it was worth the $10, even with my disliking of the RTS parts. Hell, I think the cutscene featuring Ozzy Osbourne's Mr. Crowley made it worth ten bucks.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Brutal Legend is RTS? I thought it was a 3rd person action game!

[quote name='typical guy']Wait, Brutal Legend is RTS? I thought it was a 3rd person action game![/QUOTE]

SURPRISE!!! lol yea it was annoying i hate rts games and they advertised it like 3rd person action

I noticed it said that " Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy gift card(s) or reward certificate(s)." Do you know if this is true? I'd really like to purchase a preorder using a gift card.

I'm not sure how they could have been any clearer. You get points for each dollar spent (before tax).

They're not going to award you points when you buy the gift card and then double those points when you redeem the gift card.

Sucks that Nier won't hit $20. Or even $30. I have a $10 RZ points to spend. Oh well, that's okay, I have enough games for the next 3 years. :)

[quote name='thewrathoffluffy']I noticed it said that " Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy gift card(s) or reward certificate(s)." Do you know if this is true? I'd really like to purchase a preorder using a gift card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']I'm not sure how they could have been any clearer. You get points for each dollar spent (before tax).

They're not going to award you points when you buy the gift card and then double those points when you redeem the gift card.[/QUOTE]
Actually what he feared is correct, you do not get any points at all for the portion of the purchase that is paid for using a gift card. You get no points for buying a gift card, and you get no points for buying things with a gift card. So he would earn absolutely no rewards for the preorder/purchase.

[quote name='dino88']I'm not sure how they could have been any clearer. You get points for each dollar spent (before tax).

They're not going to award you points when you buy the gift card and then double those points when you redeem the gift card.[/QUOTE]

I can personally vouch for that when I paid for my Madden pre-order, I used my gift card and I still got my points and I just redeemed my $10 RZ certificate just a few days ago.

Who knows I could have just had some lucky random glitch at the time of preorder as I can clearly see that the provision on the RZ website says certificates and gift card purchases don't count but I can attest that it worked for me using the $5.00 I had on my gift card.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']It took me about 40 hrs to complete gta4. Does gtalcs has the same amount of game play hrs minus hidden mission?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what you mean by "complete" since GTA IV has so much to do, but the expansion pack both are proportional in content to price. Same quality, 1/3 price per pack, 1/3 content per pack. And if you do most of the stuff, you're getting a solid 15 hours or more.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Actually what he feared is correct, you do not get any points at all for the portion of the purchase that is paid for using a gift card.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said. You get points for each dollar spent. The gift card amount isn't money spent. The quote from Best Buy couldn't have been any clearer, so I didn't understand what he was questioning.

You get no points for buying a gift card, and you get no points for buying things with a gift card. So he would earn absolutely no rewards for the preorder/purchase.
From the BB website:

Reward Zone program points will be earned on Best Buy Gift Card purchases but not on Best Buy Gift Card redemptions. Gift Card purchases are excluded from all double, triple and similar point promotions. Members will earn 1 point for every $1 of Gift Card purchases.

[quote name='Donut2922']I can personally vouch for that when I paid for my Madden pre-order, I used my gift card and I still got my points and I just redeemed my $10 RZ certificate just a few days ago.

Who knows I could have just had some lucky random glitch at the time of preorder as I can clearly see that the provision on the RZ website says certificates and gift card purchases don't count but I can attest that it worked for me using the $5.00 I had on my gift card.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure the points you received weren't a pre-order bonus? Some pre-orders give you 500 bonus gamer points, which would be a $10 RZ cert. The bigger question is how did you manage to get points for Madden when it hasn't even been released yet and it takes 35 days for the points to become available?

bread's done
Back