BestBuy August 2010 RZ Gamer Club Deals - Tekken 6 (360) $10

hobomatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looks like there's only one set of coupons for August. Enjoy.

8/1-8/14

Get 150 points on these titles:

• NCAA Football 11' :ps3::360::ps2:
  • StarCraft II :pc:
Save $5 on these select titles:

• Little League World Series Baseball: Double Play :wii::ds:
  • Little League World Series Baseball 2010 :360::ps3:
Save $10 on these select titles:

• Brutal Legend :360::ps3:
  • Green Day: Rockband :360::ps3::wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Nier :360::ps3:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City :ps3:
Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Medal of Honor :360::ps3::pc: (Available 10/12)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
On request from Jodou:
$5 Coupon
$10 Coupon
$20 Coupon

Thanks to FatBoyInside for providing the layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bredbu']i just printed the coupon ill pick it up for 10. The coupon actually says get tekken 6 for 9.99 so i dont think you can get it free[/QUOTE]

ahhh this is really smart of them. Now, no matter what the MSRP drops to, they will still be selling it at 9.99. No more free games at BB!

xD I think Best Buy made a mistake and realized the game was for $29.99 and so changed the coupon to reflect saying get it for $9.99. Amusing though the other coupon for world cup game only says save $20

[quote name='DarkZion']I'm tempted to pick up Tekken for 10 bucks. Anyone got any input on it?[/QUOTE]

It's a great installment of a classic franchise. Deep and technical fighter that yields lots of fun to noobs as well. If you've known and enjoyed a tekken game in the past, you'll enjoy it plenty.

Just saw this over on SD and wanted to pass it along to fellow CAGs... Best Buy has a coupon available to print under your reward zone gamers club account that allows you to get $30.00 off of Tekken 6 making it $9.99.

Please note: The coupon dictates it should be $9.99, so even though best buy is selling the game right now for for $29.99, so stores are having to override the coupon to make it $9.99.

I just checked my reward zone account to verify and if you are a member of the reward zone and the gamers club, simply log in, go to the gamers club and click on special offers, it is listed there.

Too bad it's only one discount per person. Would be nice to grab a bunch to trade in to Amazon and sell the rest for like $20-25 on Craigslist. Unless of course, someone figures a way around the limit of 1 per person.

[quote name='BargainGamer']This coupon only applies to the Xbox 360 version which is pretty f***king stupid.[/QUOTE]

Unless you want the 360 version, then it's pretty fucking cool.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Anyone wanna explain to me how the reward zone gamers club thing works?[/QUOTE]

If you are a Reward Zone member, from the links on the main page, hover over "Community and Clubs" and then scroll down to RZ Gamer's Club and click on it, it'll ask if you want to join. And they give you points for all your game purchases which stacks on top of your normal RZ points, and it takes less points to earn a certificate. It is completely free to join and doesn't cost a cent, so there should be no reason not to join. And once you join just go to the page and the coupons are there for you to print.

Wonder if I can get them to sell me the one with the "crappy" stick for $9.99

Nevermind the coupon has a specific SKU and the bundle is still $80

Picked up a $10 copy of Tekken 6 for the Xbox 360 at Best Buy. The coupon scans as "Get Tekken 6 for $9.99". The manager had to come over to manually approve it, but it worked. The game retails for $29.99 at the store by the way.

[quote name='Squarehard']If you are a Reward Zone member, from the links on the main page, hover over "Community and Clubs" and then scroll down to RZ Gamer's Club and click on it, it'll ask if you want to join. And they give you points for all your game purchases which stacks on top of your normal RZ points, and it takes less points to earn a certificate. It is completely free to join and doesn't cost a cent, so there should be no reason not to join. And once you join just go to the page and the coupons are there for you to print.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. How do they know if you're a Reward Zone member though? Do they ask you when you buy games at Best Buy? I haven't bought any games there for years so I'm confused about that.

I just recently read the post for this deal, and printed out the coupon and headed down to my local bestbuy. Well, what the problem is that Tekken 6 rings up as $29.99, so therefore the coupon for the $30.00 off is voided. Which they are not going to give you the game for free. So after a few minutes of talking with the employees, they added the coupon and manually rang up the game for $9.99. So if the coupon wont work, just head over to the gaming/customer service center and complain/talk for a bit. Hopefully if there nice enough thell ring it up as 9.99. Ive been wanting this game for awhile so I wasnt going to let this deal die.....I was going to put up a fight which I didnt have to. So Happy Hunting...

[quote name='Confidance']Where tho?[/QUOTE]

Really? I don't know where I could be a Best Buy Gamers Club Member at. Does anyone know where I could be a Best Buy Gamers Club Member at? Seriously, you guys! The coupons that the Best Buy Gamers Club has are really good, so it seems like it'd be worth my while to be a Best Buy Gamers Club Member!

Unless you were asking where the coupon was.. in which case, it's probably on the reward zone site. But I think my former interpretation of your question is a lot more humorous than the latter.

The Best Buy Gamers Reward Zone Club, has a Printable Coupon to use for $30 off Tekken 6. Im located in NY if that helps you out.

I came in hoping it was not going to be a ymmv. I Will try but with the way my store is ran this does not look good for me.

The previous thread was merged with the Best Buy RZ Gamer's Club thread, which prior to today has already been talking about the Tekken 6 coupon and all the little details, which is why it was merged with the other one, and which is why we don't need another thread about this since the previous one was already merged.

Has anyone tried to buy another game with it? When I got Blur withe the 2 coupons I also got Red Dead.
The cashier rang up both coupons no problem.
Just wondering if the total is >$0 if the coupon will work??

[quote name='chickenbutt']Thanks. How do they know if you're a Reward Zone member though? Do they ask you when you buy games at Best Buy? I haven't bought any games there for years so I'm confused about that.[/QUOTE]

Reward zone members have a card or have one linked to their phone number in the system.

As far as the gamer's club, they don't ask or seem to care

[quote name='reddjoey']Reward zone members have a card or have one linked to their phone number in the system.

As far as the gamer's club, they don't ask or seem to care[/QUOTE]

I signed up online. Are they going to send me a card or something?

[quote name='Squarehard']The previous thread was merged with the Best Buy RZ Gamer's Club thread, which prior to today has already been talking about the Tekken 6 coupon and all the little details, which is why it was merged with the other one, and which is why we don't need another thread about this since the previous one was already merged.[/QUOTE]

My Bad Dude, Tried doing a search for post/topic/info nothing came up. Figured someone deleted it or Took it down cause it didnt work for them..

[quote name='ravenz7']Has anyone tried to buy another game with it? When I got Blur withe the 2 coupons I also got Red Dead.
The cashier rang up both coupons no problem.
Just wondering if the total is >$0 if the coupon will work??[/QUOTE]

It had orginally rang up as $0, they didnt know that do at that point. So Basically after a while of talking they wound up Manually Entering $9.99.

[quote name='snoturtle']Is it just me or are there no coupon link on the site?

Anyone have a link to the World Cup coupon?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

They're not doing any more. You have to buy their terrible magazine. Basically, you have to buy coupons now.

[quote name='OneSickFX']It had orginally rang up as $0, they didnt know that do at that point. So Basically after a while of talking they wound up Manually Entering $9.99.[/QUOTE]
So the coupon is zeroing out the total? Hell, I'll give it a go tomorrow just for shits.

[quote name='emg28']Thanks OP. Hopefully, Nier goes on sale like FFXIII.[/QUOTE]

Yep. That would be awesome.

Yeah, that's correct. I went today to Best Buy and at checkout when she scanned the coupon, it was $0.00. She turned to the coupon and started reading it carefully. She called the manager to override it and enter $9.99 as the total. Good price for a great fighting game :)

[quote name='htown01']Yeah, that's correct. I went today to Best Buy and at checkout when she scanned the coupon, it was $0.00. She turned to the coupon and started reading it carefully. She called the manager to override it and enter $9.99 as the total. Good price for a great fighting game :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, perfect time to start adding candy bars to my BB purchases ;)

finally, a tekken 6 deal! Just joined RZ online and i'll print the coupon and my replacement printable card

Is this only for the 360? was looking to get this for PS3

Wow, sometimes the cashiers at my Best Buy just scan the coupon without looking intently (seeing that it's a Reward Zone printout) and hand it back. I may be able to get away with this, especially if I bundle Tekken 6 with something of (minuscule) value.

[quote name='DynamiteShikoku']Is this only for the 360? was looking to get this for PS3[/QUOTE]
Someone on the last page said it's Xbox 360 only.

fuck that, don't even give them time to think. Soon as they hit total it's game over far as I'm concerned lol. By then they're still reeling, so they just hand over the goods.

Any chance the Tekken 6 coupon would also work on the bundle? (I know they have like 3+ here, wouldnt mind having a second Fighting Stick even if the quality isnt the best)

[quote name='Jodou']fuck that, don't even give them time to think. Soon as they hit total it's game over far as I'm concerned lol. By then they're still reeling, so they just hand over the goods.[/QUOTE]

Coupon says 1 per coupon, but has any1 tried for more than 1 per coupon?

[quote name='nixmahn']Coupon says 1 per coupon, but has any1 tried for more than 1 per coupon?[/QUOTE]

We can only hope... I'll try tomorrow and couple this with Sonic Racing, as I've got a $10 reward certif, plus coupon should be like 12 with tax for 2 games...

at least the promise of 1 possible free game this month > none...

Tried today at Colma Best Buy in CA; had no luck. The employee scanned Tekken 6 and it rang up as $0; he told me the GM was at the store and refused to override it. Maybe I'll wait till Sunday and hopefully the price changes?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Any chance the Tekken 6 coupon would also work on the bundle? (I know they have like 3+ here, wouldnt mind having a second Fighting Stick even if the quality isnt the best)[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing Mine still has them at $80. That and the coupon has a SKU on it. I'm still going to try though

bread's done
Back