BestBuy August 2010 RZ Gamer Club Deals - Tekken 6 (360) $10

hobomatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looks like there's only one set of coupons for August. Enjoy.

8/1-8/14

Get 150 points on these titles:

• NCAA Football 11' :ps3::360::ps2:
  • StarCraft II :pc:
Save $5 on these select titles:

• Little League World Series Baseball: Double Play :wii::ds:
  • Little League World Series Baseball 2010 :360::ps3:
Save $10 on these select titles:

• Brutal Legend :360::ps3:
  • Green Day: Rockband :360::ps3::wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Nier :360::ps3:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City :ps3:
Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Medal of Honor :360::ps3::pc: (Available 10/12)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
On request from Jodou:
$5 Coupon
$10 Coupon
$20 Coupon

Thanks to FatBoyInside for providing the layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up about Tekken 6. I just ordered it online for in store pickup, and printed the coupon.

[quote name='token2k6']why does this happen all the time now? I think its b/c they praise the site on the CAGcast..at least it always breaks here first! :D[/QUOTE]
It's annoying but hey at least they credited Slickdeals! :lol:

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Bah, I can't even bring myself to pick this game up for $10. Seems like weaksauce but a doable 1000/1000.[/QUOTE]

I had it, played the "adventure mode", determined it was garbage, and sold it while I could get a lot of credit at GS. $10 ALMOST makes me want to buy it again.

But there's better stuff to spend $10 on.

Went to the Best Buy in Dewitt, NY with a coupon I printed out at about noon today. Picked up 360 copy of Tekken 6 (marked as $29.99) and a $19.99 pair of headphones I needed anyway. Walked up to register, handed over the game, then the headphones, then my RZ card, then the coupon. The coupon wouldn't scan, so the girl went to get her manager. Manager came over and manually overrode the price of Tekken to $0.01 saying that she had to since the coupon said "Save $30".. I didn't argue.

Total came to $21.60 after tax for both items... Thanks CAG!

[quote name='token2k6']Very nice! I can see the appeal of wanting it on the PS3 since Playstation is home to the (console) series..I'm definitely going to try this first!! If not I'll settle for a 360 copy..[/QUOTE]

Actually, while it's certainly true the PS3 is home to the Tekken series, the game actually runs smoother on the 360. FYI - The load times are unbearable on the PS3 without saving it to the harddisk. Running off disc, the 360 version is definitely superior. I would presume though that once you save it to the hard-disk on either system, the load times should come be all but eliminated.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']it says save $20 on FIFA world cup games for being a reward member, It says coupon required but I don't see it online?[/QUOTE]

Special Offers, Learn more (About the offer your interested in)
You have to either click on the Blue underlined words "This Coupon" or "Coupon" maybe even click the blue button that says "Print in Store Coupon" all of which are just above the photos of the games and clicking on any one of those will open the coupon in a separate window.

[quote name='BillyBumpkin']Went to the Best Buy in Dewitt, NY with a coupon I printed out at about noon today. Picked up 360 copy of Tekken 6 (marked as $29.99) and a $19.99 pair of headphones I needed anyway. Walked up to register, handed over the game, then the headphones, then my RZ card, then the coupon. The coupon wouldn't scan, so the girl went to get her manager. Manager came over and manually overrode the price of Tekken to $0.01 saying that she had to since the coupon said "Save $30".. I didn't argue.

Total came to $21.60 after tax for both items... Thanks CAG![/QUOTE]

You got lucky, they only marked it down to $9.99 for me (and apparently everyone else)

I just got back from the Mall of Georgia Bestbuy. The coupon wouldn't scan, the girl called over the manager, and he manually punched it in for the 9.99 price. Not a bad deal for Tekken 6. Thank you OP!

Just picked up a copy at the Mission Valley Best Buy in San Diego. Like everyone else is reporting, the coupon scanned for $0 and a manager had to manually adjust it, but they have a ton of copies on the shelf in anyone in SD is looking for one.

[quote name='jack612']Just picked up a copy at the Mission Valley Best Buy in San Diego. Like everyone else is reporting, the coupon scanned for $0 and a manager had to manually adjust it, but they have a ton of copies on the shelf in anyone in SD is looking for one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. i picked up a copy at target for 9.98 on clearance but want to get my brother a copy so we can play on line

Virginia about 3:00 pm, coupon is not scanning properly. Coupon is scanned but does nothing, 9.99 had to be manager approved. West Coasters, better get your free games now, your only 3 hours behind. So wished I saw this earlier, d@mn TRU and your free games, distracting me from the real deal.

I got Tekken 6 for $9.99 today with coupon. They had no copies on the shelf, but I asked and the guy got one from the back (Hollywood Gateway). At first the girl didn't scan the coupon, even though I told her about it, then it didn't take the money off and she tried to charge me the full price, and when I corrected her, it took 4 unbelievably slow and stupid employees to complete the transaction, each of which had to be called seperately.

I really couldn't believe it. If I have a coupon, and it's a relatively simple transaction (I was never trying to get it for free, always the $9.99), I don't understand why the computer can't just make it work. The longer I have to hold up the line, looking like I'm the one being the a**hole, the less of a deal it is for me, and the less likely I am to come to your store next time there's a deal.

When did Best Buy become the drugstore of electronics? The line is always super long, super slow, and there are always 7 employees in sight who are just standing around instead of being on register. I'm also really offended when they check the receipts/bags of paying customers. Am I the only one? Blurgh.

But yeah, $10 Tekken 6 that I might never get to. Yay.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I think his point was this, though - scan Tekken (29.99), scan another game/item, then the RZ coupon. Total will not be $0, but I'm sure the higher the better. Whether that works is the big question since I always do my coupons last.[/QUOTE]

I got mine today. I also bought the Terminator 2 Blu-ray for $9.99 (another good deal) with it, hoping that I'd get the game free since the total was going to be above $0 but no luck, manager had to come over and override manually with the $9.99 price.

Just bought Bayonetta for $20 a couple days ago so don't know when I'll get to it...

[quote name='AdamMPSP']When did Best Buy become the drugstore of electronics? The line is always super long, super slow, and there are always 7 employees in sight who are just standing around instead of being on register. I'm also really offended when they check the receipts/bags of paying customers. Am I the only one? Blurgh.
[/QUOTE]
As an employee at Bestbuy I can confirm
1)We make you work for those cheap games :D
2)If you're a sales person then you are only supposed to do credit/debit if you're helping shorten the line up since you don't technically have a cash drawer. Not to mention they are 'supposed' to be in their respective dept.
3) In my experience our whole register system is terrible. Fact that multiple people had to try to fix something as simple as a legit coupon that came right from BB's own reward program for an item as simple as a video game is not out of the ordinary.
4) Many sales people hate ringing which is why they are on the sales floor to begin with so they can spend an hour with 1 customer then tack on a bunch of high margin stuff and look good OR like to just sort of drift around the sales floor looking like they are doing work.

Hope that clears things up :D

I got maybe the last one in my immediate area for $9.99 w/coupon. I then had to proceed to another one to pick up their last one for a friend I called to tell, but couldn't get out at the moment. So I finally got Tekken 6 for $10, thanks to the new CAG/ SD/FW guy/girl in my area wiping all the Tekken copies out at Target previously. Can't be a lazy CAG when it comes to games anymore in my area apparently.

[quote name='trunks982']got turned down at bayparkway brooklyn NY. no free, not even 9.99. asked her for manager and she said no. stupid biatch.[/QUOTE]

You backed down way too easily. There's no way I would have left without at least seeing the manager. I'd be calling Best Buy's corporate number right now if I was you.

Coupon was a pain, but after two cashiers and a manager got involved, no problem picking Tekken up at $10. Colorado CAGs, the Colorado Mills Best Buy had about 30 copies on shelf.

[quote name='trunks982']got turned down at bayparkway brooklyn NY. no free, not even 9.99. asked her for manager and she said no. stupid biatch.[/QUOTE]

that is ridiculous. the coupon clearly states 9.99. that is worth a call to corporate.

Unless you were trying to do something dumb like buy th ePS3 version.

You're not from Brooklyn, are you? :D

[quote name='confoosious']that is ridiculous. the coupon clearly states 9.99. that is worth a call to corporate.

Unless you were trying to do something dumb like buy th ePS3 version.[/QUOTE]
The coupon may state $9.99, but the actual price of the game on the website is $29.99, so after coupon it should be FREE.:lol:

Almost get the game for free. Kinda suck the system didn't take the coupon auto or deduct $30 off instead $0. Ended up paid $10 without any hassle.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The coupon may state $9.99, but the actual price of the game on the website is $29.99, so after coupon it should be FREE.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna be greedy and argue that it's free.

I feel like anytime you have to argue with a manager on something that you know isn't what the ad/coupon means, you lose a little bit of dignity.

Of course, some people don't care about that. ;)

I mean, you guys have to know that the coupon is set up to avoid the abuse from past coupons.

Am I missing something? Apologies if it was stated in a previous post but in the title it says Tekken 6 for 10... How does one go about obtaining this? :D

[quote name='musicjunkie']As an employee at Bestbuy I can confirm
2)If you're a sales person then you are only supposed to do credit/debit if you're helping shorten the line up since you don't technically have a cash drawer. Not to mention they are 'supposed' to be in their respective dept.
3) In my experience our whole register system is terrible. Fact that multiple people had to try to fix something as simple as a legit coupon that came right from BB's own reward program for an item as simple as a video game is not out of the ordinary.
4) Many sales people hate ringing which is why they are on the sales floor to begin with so they can spend an hour with 1 customer then tack on a bunch of high margin stuff and look good OR like to just sort of drift around the sales floor looking like they are doing work.

Hope that clears things up :D[/QUOTE]

Funny today, I went to pick up the $20 Sonic & Sega Racing along with a copy of Deadly Premonition. I went to use a rewards zone 10% off coupon that I printed out earlier in the week but didnt realize it expired 8/16. No big deal. However, the cashier said he'd manually take off 10% from DP (not Sega I assume because it was 'on sale' with the asterisk). Sure, it was a whopping two bucks, but I didnt expect him to do that and surely he didnt have to. I wasnt gonna make a stink or anything as I was clearly mistaken. So kudos to him!

Maybe he's just a SWERY (Swery65) fan ;).

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not gonna be greedy and argue that it's free.

I feel like anytime you have to argue with a manager on something that you know isn't what the ad/coupon means, you lose a little bit of dignity.

Of course, some people don't care about that. ;)

I mean, you guys have to know that the coupon is set up to avoid the abuse from past coupons.[/QUOTE]
But see, here's the thing. That bolded section that they started putting on the BBRZGC coupons after the free game screwups may bite them in the ass on this coupon.

It says: "Markdowns taken from regular price". Regular price is $29.99. Nowhere on the product page does it say 'sale' to indicate that it is a sale price. So therefore, $30 off of regular price would be $-.01 .(aka FREE) and not $9.99.

So someone at BB corporate still needs to go back to school for remedial math.

Got shot down at my BB, but I made the MOD look like a complete idiot. First they couldn't figure out why the coupon wasn't applying directly, so after looking it up online they concluded that the price was $10 and the game was on sale. I said, well the coupon is for $30 off in black and white, so just take $30 off. He said he couldn't because it's MSRP for $40. I pushed back saying it's not and that the shelf clearly has it stickered for $30. "It won't work that way because it's on sale."

Lol, ok so at this point I completely break his logic by telling him nowhere on the coupon does it say not valid on sale items, which is 100% true. Additionally, by that BS excuse he shouldn't be able to even give me the game for $10 at all lol. He just kept pushing back that it was $10, even though I had defeated him mentally.

I told him nice false advertising and left.
[quote name='dino88']The coupon clearly says Tekken for $9.99. There is no reason anyone should expect a free game.[/QUOTE]
You could equally make the argument that it says $30 off. It's conflicting statements and people have been able to get the game free because of that.

[quote name='musicjunkie']As an employee at Bestbuy I can confirm

Hope that clears things up :D[/QUOTE]

I don't mine the rest of the stuff as long as you keep the girls doing number 4 cute ;)

[quote name='dino88']The coupon clearly says Tekken for $9.99. There is no reason anyone should expect a free game.[/QUOTE]
The coupon may say you get the game for $10, but when the game is only $29.99 to begin with and the coupon takes off $30, then what's the final price on that?

$29.99
$30.00
______
$-.01

Yep. It's $10, just like BB said it is.:roll: With math experts like they have doling out the discounts for their coupons working for them it shouldn't be too much longer before they join Circuit City.

So when I click that link now it says "can't process your request" is this thing dead now? I want tekken for 10 bucks. :(

[quote name='NeuralFizz']So when I click that link now it says "can't process your request" is this thing dead now? I want tekken for 10 bucks. :([/QUOTE]

coupon is still there. If you want it for less than 10. you can get it

for 7.49 + tax at TRU

24.98 - 30% off clearanc - 10 halo reach coupon = 7.98 +tax

you understand that you're arguing with idiots, right?

[quote name='confoosious']you understand that you're arguing with idiots, right?[/QUOTE]

For a second there I forgot where I was, then I remembered common sense doesn't apply here. At least they have basic math skills.

[quote name='dino88']For a second there I forgot where I was, then I remembered common sense doesn't apply here.[/QUOTE]

yup. it's out of control. Good deals aren't good enough. You have to get it for free.

When you have to argue with someone to get a free game, you really need to reevaluate your life. Seriously. Think about this: you're arguing and making a scene at a Best Buy to get a game for free instead of $9.99. And you're a grown ass man.

Dear lord in heaven, if I am ever that sad, please kill me.

[quote name='confoosious']yup. it's out of control. Good deals aren't good enough. You have to get it for free.

When you have to argue with someone to get a free game, you really need to reevaluate your life. Seriously. Think about this: you're arguing and making a scene at a Best Buy to get a game for free instead of $9.99. And you're a grown ass man.

Dear lord in heaven, if I am ever that sad, please kill me.[/QUOTE]

THIS.

Some of you people need to go Linda Lovelace on a shotgun and remove yourself from the gene pool.

[quote name='confoosious']yup. it's out of control. Good deals aren't good enough. You have to get it for free.

But what you fail to realize though is that THEIR math is the one that's off. The current price of the game is $30, the coupon takes $30 off. Where do they get the extra $10 from that they expect you to pay?

Now if the price in their system for the game was $39.99, this would be a non issue, but the current price is $30. With the $30 off coupon, it becomes free(after override apparently).

1. And this is problem because? Really no one cares, they will forget about it tomorrow.

2. Who says asking for a price adjustment causes a scene? So a couple people you don't know, care about, and probably never see again wait a few more minutes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But what you fail to realize though is that THEIR math is the one that's off. The current price of the game is $30, the coupon takes $30 off. Where do they get the extra $10 from that they expect you to pay?

Now if the price in their system for the game was $39.99, this would be a non issue, but the current price is $30. With the $30 off coupon, it becomes free(after override apparently).[/QUOTE]

whatever man. You know that their intent is to sell the game at 9.99 for RZ members. The coupon says "Save $30 on Tekken 6. Just $9.99 when you use your Reward Zone® program membership card" and "Tekken 6 can be yours for just $9.99 (reg. price $39.99)." If you wanna argue with them over technicalities since the price dropped this week to 29.99, go ahead.

[quote name='MIGGO']THIS.

Some of you people need to go Linda Lovelace on a shotgun and remove yourself from the gene pool.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're real cool, telling people to commit suicide, on the Internet.

[quote name='confoosious']whatever man. You know that their intent is to sell the game at 9.99 for RZ members. The coupon says "Save $30 on Tekken 6. Just $9.99 when you use your Reward Zone® program membership card" and "Tekken 6 can be yours for just $9.99 (reg. price $39.99)." If you wanna argue with them over technicalities since the price dropped this week to 29.99, go ahead.[/QUOTE]
I don't really care either way since I don't feel like putting up with the bs line the manager(s) will toss at me as to why they're charging the extra $10. Otherwise I'd probably go get at least one, though only to either give to a friend or dump off on GS.

[quote name='nixmahn']
2. Who says asking for a price adjustment causes a scene? So a couple people you don't know, care about, and probably never see again wait a few more minutes.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Exactly. I don't know any of the employees or other customers so who cares if I 'make a stink'.

[quote name='nixmahn']1. And this is problem because? Really no one cares, they will forget about it tomorrow.

2. Who says asking for a price adjustment causes a scene? So a couple people you don't know, care about, and probably never see again wait a few more minutes.[/QUOTE]

That's a fantastic attitude! It's great to give the best buy guy/manager a headache because you want a free game.

Again, it depends on if you have any dignity. If you don't, by all means....

Do you seriously not understand how pathetic you look to other people? But hey, if you don't care, you don't care. Good luck to you as kids snicker at you and girls wrinkle their noses.

People make me sad.

[quote name='confoosious']People make me sad.[/QUOTE]

But they can add and subtract. That must count for something, right?

[quote name='confoosious']Again, it depends on if you have any dignity. If you don't, by all means....

People make me sad.[/QUOTE]

You care way too much about what people think about you and have a weird definition of dignity.

bread's done
Back