BestBuy.com Doorbusters next Thursday, January 23. [Elite & Elite Plus Members Only] *Sale Preview Wednesday, January 22*

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
BiWnevD.gif

wg6VAmc.png

Update: :whistle2:|

Nintendo 3DS XL Scribblenauts Bundle

Last edited by a moderator:
very confusing on how you see this sale.. i got an email a while back, i signed in to the site where it told me. There is a banner mentioning the sale and that i can preview it today, but i cant click on it or see anything at all.

WTF? how the hell do we actually SEE this damn thing?

very confusing on how you see this sale.. i got an email a while back, i signed in to the site where it told me. There is a banner mentioning the sale and that i can preview it today, but i cant click on it or see anything at all.

Check OP for the "deals"...

Since today is just the preview of the sale, I hope these are not the only items that would be on discount, and there would be lot more including games and console accessories.

But looking at the deals, most of them seem to worse than the daily items on sale. If I was to advertise, I would have put atl east some of the best deals in the preview so as to get people excited for the actual sale.

Guess I would not bother following up with BB Support to reinstate my Elite Plus status before this sale starts tomorrow.

Last time they had this I had to turn off Ad Block to see it.

Alright...I am only $1500 away from Elite status. Honestly I cannot see myself ever buying $1500 worth of stuff at BB in a calendar year...Unless I need to buy an appliance but usually much better deals elsewhere.
Price match the better deals when possible you get the rz pts plus add towards elite plus

whenever I buy stuff on amazon, I always go to BB first and buy amazon gift cards so that I get RZ points. I spend about 1500 on amazon a year.
I like your thinking man. That's a business mentality there. That's what I do in many things.
It`s too late for this deal but there will be others although the basic premise is always effective.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325562-best-buy-5x-points-on-in-store-purchases-friday-through-saturday-30-off-select-3ds-xl-systems/

http://first2board.com/milespointsandmaitais/5x-best-buy-points-today-tomorrow/

I seriously never heard of it (maybe because I didn't come to USA yet in the 80's, if it is a 80's brand), thanks for the "history lesson" :D

Haha RCA was one the earliest tv I had as a kid playing the Nintendo on and Atari lol I mean I wouldn't buy one now but as a kid it didn't matter long as it work and suprising it last 5+ years lol now it sitting in the guest room

It's sad to see all the youngins here whom never heard of RCA or just shit on it....   Used to be a really popular brand of television and fairly reliable in the Standard Definition tube TV era....

Do your research children

whenever I buy stuff on amazon, I always go to BB first and buy amazon gift cards so that I get RZ points. I spend about 1500 on amazon a year.
I don't think that works. Have you actually done this and gotten RZ points?

From their policy it states they only give RZ points for Best Buy gift cards.

It's sad to see all the youngins here whom never heard of RCA or just shit on it.... Used to be a really popular brand of television and fairly reliable in the Standard Definition tube TV era....

Extreme Emphasis on the "used to be". The RCA you're thinking of has been defunct for many years, now it's just a trademark stuck on cheap (and not reliable) korean TVs.,,

It's sad to see all the youngins here whom never heard of RCA or just shit on it.... Used to be a really popular brand of television and fairly reliable in the Standard Definition tube TV era....

I assumed its popularity is limited within the U.S.? Whatever the case, read its wiki page. So in the 80's most Americans were able to afford a TV? Lucky, because my family couldn't afford jack squat during that time frame.

What the hell is a RCA TV? Ripple Carry Adder?
RCA = Radio Corporation of America. It's one of the oldest electronics companies there is. It exists in name only now, the actual company shut down and only the record label remains the same. The electronics are made by a chinese company who licence the RCA brand name from Sony (who bought RCA in the late 80s).

Err, they have been around since at least the 80s. Made radios, tv, stereos...
They've been around since the 1920's. Technically RCA ceased to exist in the mid-80's as a corporation, but the brand name was spun off.
RCA used to be RCA Victor. Which used to be the Victor Talking Machine Company, the first manufacturer of phonographs. So the company really dates back to the 1890s. This is why the RCA logo was the dog listening to the phonograph.

On of the sturdiest TVs I ever had was an RCA.
I believe it's Really Crappy Appliance.

RCA made some of the best TVs you could get, and for a while made the the best TVs in the world. They were the main creator of color TV & instrumental in setting up standards for broadcast TV. They also helped create CMOS (sensors for digital cameras), satellite TV systems, & LCD technology.

The only TV manufacturer who could really be considered equal to them back then was Zenith. Sadly both brands exist in name only now. But they were the best around for a long time.

I assumed its popularity is limited within the U.S.? Whatever the case, read its wiki page. So in the 80's most Americans were able to afford a TV? Lucky, because my family couldn't afford jack squat during that time frame.
RCA was sold world wide. It was a U.S. company & manufactured here so it was more widely available here. They started selling TVs widely after WW2. Most people had TVs by the 60s, most middle class had them in the 50s as well.

This was before globlization though, the U.S. was far far ahead of most of the world & the only companies getting luxury good exports (like Televisions) were established countries w/ strong trade ties, mostly Europe.

RCA = Radio Corporation of America. It's one of the oldest electronics companies there is. It exists in name only now, the actual company shut down and only the record label remains the same. The electronics are made by a chinese company who licence the RCA brand name from Sony (who bought RCA in the late 80s).

RCA used to be RCA Victor. Which used to be the Victor Talking Machine Company, the first manufacturer of phonographs. So the company really dates back to the 1890s. This is why the RCA logo was the dog listening to the phonograph.
RCA bought Victor in the '20's. Can't remember the details offhand, but GE created RCA after the war in some kind of arrangement with the US military for radio tech.

Zenith and RCA used to be top notch and made in the USA once upon a time. Now both brands (names) are just mere shells. Being a kid in the 80's I saw the death of both brands and watched many a dirty movie on HBO on a Zenith 25 inch wood console T.V.

If you want true retro gaming this and a 2600 is the only way to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RCA-26-COLORTRAK-CONSOLE-TV-with-Swivel-Base-Remote-Sounds-Great-/221277713456?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item33852df430

Spend $3,500 at Best Buy gets me access to these awesome deals? Between these sales and the stores changing their trade in policy there is no way I am going to have Elite Plus status next year.

Spend $3,500 at Best Buy gets me access to these awesome deals? Between these sales and the stores changing their trade in policy there is no way I am going to have Elite Plus status next year.
This is only for video games. Your $3,500 spend doesn't mean you would save $700 unless you're buying 350 copies of Tomb Raider at $10 each.

The first and last RCA I ever owned was a 20" tube TV when I was a teenager...after a year or so the picture starting literally falling down the tube, and the top 2 inches would just be static.  I would bang on the top and sometimes it would fix temporarily.  What a turd that was lol.

RCA made some of the best TVs you could get, and for a while made the the best TVs in the world. They were the main creator of color TV & instrumental in setting up standards for broadcast TV. They also helped create CMOS (sensors for digital cameras), satellite TV systems, & LCD technology.

The only TV manufacturer who could really be considered equal to them back then was Zenith. Sadly both brands exist in name only now. But they were the best around for a long time.

RCA was sold world wide. It was a U.S. company & manufactured here so it was more widely available here. They started selling TVs widely after WW2. Most people had TVs by the 60s, most middle class had them in the 50s as well.

This was before globlization though, the U.S. was far far ahead of most of the world & the only companies getting luxury good exports (like Televisions) were established countries w/ strong trade ties, mostly Europe.
You get an A+

Make 'em regret it. Go down there and give the mechanixzed door a bicycle kick on your way out.
This made me laugh. Yep 2014 will be my first year with no elite status. I would of had it had they not changed policy mid year. I just upgraded my GCU to 2016. I have another GCU coupon but I am extremely hesitant to even bother adding two years on top of that. I don't see them being here much after 2016 or if they are the GCU being worth the money for two more years. It is only 30.00 so may take the gamble just in case.

bread's done
Back