Big Month for PSP Games [March 2011]

sdragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
391 (100%)
Legend of Heroes, MLB The Show 2011, Patapon 3, God Eater Burst, Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy, The Third Birthday (Parasite Eve), MLB 2K11 & WWE All-Stars.

Only question is who's still going to buy these, as I fear many are/have sold their PSP in anticipation of the new SONY/NINTENDO portable systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily all PSN download purchases transfer to NGP so I'll probably pick up Tactics Ogre, Patapon for sure, and whatever Square-Enix feels like putting on PSN. WWE All-Stars is getting a 360 purchase from me, but maybe I can get a review copy from Q for PSP.

[quote name='pete5883']TO is February.[/QUOTE]

As is Ys I & II.

Let's not forget
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Limited Edition :bouncy::bouncy::lol:

[quote name='SubjectNameHere']Luckily all PSN download purchases transfer to NGP so I'll probably pick up Tactics Ogre, Patapon for sure, and whatever Square-Enix feels like putting on PSN. WWE All-Stars is getting a 360 purchase from me, but maybe I can get a review copy from Q for PSP.[/QUOTE]

Is TO getting a PSN release?

Personally, Im hoping for a demo for God Eater. It looks like it fixes my one issue with Monster Hunter, the lack of a lock-on, so I could be in if it gets a PSN release.

[quote name='nectarsis1']Let's not forget
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Limited Edition :bouncy::bouncy::lol:
[/QUOTE]

I was going to bash some heads in if I didn't see this mentioned in this thread. God I can't wait to play this game because my japanese copy is way too difficult for me to play due to how heavy it is with text.

I was getting worried that the PSP would die a quick death, and we'd get no new releases, but SNK Classics Vol. 0 and a few others give me hope.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.gamefly.com/RentalMediaT...Ascending&isListView=False&pageSize=75&page=1though I suspect The 3rd Birthday and Legend of Heroes are placeholders since 3/31 is a Thursday and the end of the quarter for most companies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, XSeed's newsletter yesterday still listed Trials of the Sky as March 2011. Looks like the date isn't completely finalized yet, but the outlook still looks like they're on target for that month.

[quote name='Draekon']Yeah, XSeed's newsletter yesterday still listed Trials of the Sky as March 2011. Looks like the date isn't completely finalized yet, but the outlook still looks like they're on target for that month.[/QUOTE]

According to Amazon, Legend of Heroes: TiTS will be out 3-29.

[quote name='nectarsis1']Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Limited Edition :bouncy::bouncy::lol:
[/QUOTE]
What is this limited edition you speak of?

Nvr mind... looked it up on Amazon. It's like XSEED wants all my money!

I'm very happy we're getting the next legend of the heroes game. I have the other three just need to beat them.

[quote name='Gden']I'm very happy we're getting the next legend of the heroes game. I have the other three just need to beat them.[/QUOTE]

You aren't missing much by not playing the Ghargov Trilogy. They're pretty poor ports of the PC version.

I've been thinking how crazy the PSP releases are going to be too. That I'm thinking of, we've got:
-Parasite Eve 3...this is a must buy for me! (I'd highly recommend 2 if you like good survival horror style games)
-Final Fantasy 4 Complete-looks like $30 MSRP-another must buy for me
-Tactics Ogre-probably too hard for me, but I did like the GBA one, so I'll give this a shot
-Y's Book 1 & 2-probably the altered control like the DS one had, but still potentially interesting.
-A new Legend of Heroes? I have several friends who liked those, and they don't even normally like RPGs...so this is potentially cool.

Man, it's sounding like I could go months or all year just on new PSP releases...

Only bad thing is Bend Studios hasn't had anything announced in a couple of years. I'm betting that means they've been working on an NGP game, that'll probably be must-buy. (Okay, almost certainly must-buy). So that's actually cool, except it means it's been a couple of years since their last PSP game :(

At least I HOPE that's what it means and it's not that they're in trouble...surely not though since anyone can tell they're crazy talented and they're first party, so Sony would be nuts to do anything to them.

And dang, a new SNK collection?

It's been that every time I visit Amazon, they have at least one more PSP game up there for pre-order that I want! :lol:

I'm still going to wait on the NGP so I can play some of these games.
I'm sorry but it doesn't appeal to me right now and some people on another site aren't getting that. I still think there will still be some games that won't be on PSN.
So I hope people don't sell there PSP and then regret it.

Also awesome...turns out Y's Book 1 and 2 appears to be a MUCH better remake than the DS version. The DS one they butchered the controls, and made it 3D (ugly DS 3D at that, obviously). The PSP one has selectable soundtracks (with what sounds like the awesome Turbographix version, although might be a new recording) and the original controls, and it's in 2D, but of course with much better graphics than the turbographix version (but reminiscent). This is a must buy for me, and it's apparently just $30 too!

I wonder if the NGP will be Square's personal game system like the PSP is. They have 4 more heavy hitters coming out within a year and that's on top of like an already dozen of their other games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bend is making the Uncharted game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't know that! Well that makes me even more interested, if anything. Uncharted 2 is great, Bend's games are great... yeah.

Hope they've got something else in the works too...I wish they could release a couple of games a year but still at the quality of their past few games.

Anyway, this ends up as must buy for me.

Dang, I'm excited about Uncharted 3 also, EXCEPT I'm disapointed it's supported so-called "3D", as I was hoping to see if they could push the graphics even further, and instead now I don't know if it'll even be able to match up with Uncharted 2 if it has to be able to render stuff twice for that dumb "3D" feature.

bread's done
Back