Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

usually i received my codes a few hours after redeeming. but i received my last codes 15 min later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, I can't earn points on any of my accounts anymore and it's been a few days. Did Bing suspend them?
Possibly, but you might want to contact Bing Rewards CS to confirm if they did or not.

Actually, now that I think about, I had the same issue a few weeks back. Switching browsers seemed to fix it, as switching from Firefox to Chrome solved the problem. See if that works.

i just noticed the chrome extension does not work anymore.

do i have to verify when i redeem on my phone? I could use a VPN service for a different IP (US) but I couldn't verify because I dont have an american phone number.

i just noticed the chrome extension does not work anymore.

do i have to verify when i redeem on my phone? I could use a VPN service for a different IP (US) but I couldn't verify because I dont have an american phone number.
Well thanks to people like you who fucking abused the shit out of bing, now they even limiting legitimate US users

ehm...i do not care?!? bing rewards started years ago. and they are still offering this to US users only.
That's the point..only to US users. Since you're not from the USA then you should not be participating & using it. I just got my account closed as well and a couple of my friends did too. We all each had 1 account and there was no reason given. No email, nothing just upon logging in it shows 0 points and would not let them sign up again. Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted. Bing sucks, probably the only reason people used it was because of the rewards and as someone else stated...they're cutting down drastically which is only going to hurt them in the long run.

I log in to Bing Rewards and what do I see? ...0 points. 

1st time after more than a year of usage it happens to me.  It happened after I redeemed GC yesterday.  These days when you redeem your account goes through serious evaluation.  And the question arises "Why?" Why my account is no longer active?

Well there is no point of arguing with support. Guess I have to open new account and start over.

I haven't used my account in months I wonder what status it has.  At one time I had 5 accounts as the TOS allowed you to have 5 per household.  The banned all but 2 and I haven't even bother in months to log in.  I was letting Swagbucks run on my phone and haven't really even bothered with it.  I use it maybe for 20-30 points every now and then and that's it.

Well thanks to people like you who fucking abused the shit out of bing, now they even limiting legitimate US users
fucking bullshit.

Do you guys actually use Bing rewards? This site is ALWAYS a clusterfuck.
The past 2 weeks alone -

-People can't redeem with or without valid phone numbers

-Searches not awarding points

-Searches awarding points several times over (that 5x day was more like 15x day for me)

-Incorrect prizes for good or ill. A $3 amazon code that was already used and a 1 month XBL code that was actually a 12 month code.

So yes, while Razorleaf is technically breaking the rules (and I honestly don't care, I say have at it) your all kinds of gullible if you think he's the reason why nothing is working right now. Bing doesn't wanna pay you for you time, but they'll gladly take all those search results and brag about how they're gonna topple Google.

The last redemption I made was on 6/3, then after that it wouldn't take my number anymore. I emailed CS and they weren't really offering solutions, just a scripted response. Finally, after my 3rd reply they said they'd have someone look into it. Yeah good luck w/ that one. 

In the meantime, I'm just hanging back until I hear something. Not really making any great effort to do all the searches. Why waste my time if nothing is going to work, right. When I read that someone had success redeeming on their phone, I figured maybe I'll try that. I log into my other accts (after a couple of weeks of inactivity), and discover 3 are at a zero balance. So I guess they're gone now.

Funny thing, I've had all my accts for years (two from the very beginning), and no problems at all. I always stayed w/in the ToS guidelines, didn't use bots or have more than 5 accts.  Then this phone verification gets implemented and this happens. Well, I guess it was fun while it lasted, I did get a lot of DLC and games for "free", so it was worth it when it worked.

Really pissed off right now.  :bomb:

I get error on all my accounts now and after mailing their shitty support they mailed me back with this. Note I have legitimate US carrier mobile phone, funny part is if I use my family member phone on the same carrier it still works 0_o . So I assume for some retarded unknown reason their system is lableing actuall cell phone numbers as voip ones

This is Reginald of the Bing Rewards Customer Support and I will be assisting you with the Service Request

I gather that you reached us for help with an error in getting the confirmation code needed to complete your prize redemption. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To assist with fraud prevention, Bing Rewards will occasionally ask you to go through a confirmation code process to confirm your account prior to placing an order. You will have the option of completing the order by receiving a confirmation code through a text message (SMS) on your mobile phone or by receiving an automated call to a US phone number. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone numbers are not allowed for account verification.

Before completing the redemption process, all users will be required to complete the confirmation code process at least once whereas 'bad' users will be required complete this each time. Majority of users will only have to go through the SMS confirmation once, however, users who are flagged for a higher risk of fraud may be prompted to go through the SMS verification process for each order. As the criteria and rules for Fraud changes frequently, there is no definitive list/guidelines on what constitutes an account to get flagged for high risk.

So to summarize, you must make sure that you use a valid US, non-VoIP number to get the code. We are under the impression that you are using a VoIP number. Thus, you receive the error. We ask that you use a valid US, non-VoIP number instead to complete your transaction.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for your continued participation in the Bing Rewards program and for being a loyal Bing Rewards member.

Well, just redeemed another $5 Amazon gift card.  Asked for a verification code by text message again, so hopefully this one goes through without any problems.  Since the last one didn't and they didn't email the code until I emailed back asking what happened.

fucking bullshit.

Do you guys actually use Bing rewards? This site is ALWAYS a clusterfuck.
The past 2 weeks alone -

-People can't redeem with or without valid phone numbers

-Searches not awarding points

-Searches awarding points several times over (that 5x day was more like 15x day for me)

-Incorrect prizes for good or ill. A $3 amazon code that was already used and a 1 month XBL code that was actually a 12 month code.

So yes, while Razorleaf is technically breaking the rules (and I honestly don't care, I say have at it) your all kinds of gullible if you think he's the reason why nothing is working right now. Bing doesn't wanna pay you for you time, but they'll gladly take all those search results and brag about how they're gonna topple Google.
the funny thing is...those people who are crying are using multiple accounts. bing allows 5 accounts per household but only 1 per person. so i am not the only one who is breaking the rules. so dont blame me foxycleo

Oh I'm not the only one with that stupid bullshit phone isn't valid thing?

Even emailed customer support they were no help

Oh I'm not the only one with that stupid bullshit phone isn't valid thing?

Even emailed customer support they were no help
No, you are not. My Verizon cell phone number is not able to be used. Says to make sure I'm not using a VOIP line (which it obviously isn't).

Funny thing: my work line is on a VOIP service and that number does work.

Already got my gift card, so it looks to be working right today.  It's just people that are not following the rules(multiple accounts, not a US resident) that seem to be the ones having trouble.

Everyday i tried to redeem the amazon code and each time i do that they ask me for the verification code. used my mobile number and it never work. They gotta fix that issue or just completely get rid of that verification process.

Already got my gift card, so it looks to be working right today. It's just people that are not following the rules(multiple accounts, not a US resident) that seem to be the ones having trouble.
i am using multiple accounts and i am not from the US. but got it fixed ;)

redeemed 3x $5 amazon gift cards today. got those codes around 15-45min later.

Won't take my phone number now. Have used it for multiple redemptions before. Wouldn't take my cell either (not listed as primary profile number). I think they are trimming the rolls.

Just redeemed for the second time without any phone verification bs, let's see when it will pop up again.

Edit: Received after 6 hours.

Just redeemed for the second time without any phone verification bs, let's see when it will pop up again.

Edit: Received after 6 hours.
I tried for a second time and it cancelled the 1st order. I'll wait and see if it actually comes or what. First time I did have the phone BS verification text tho.

Ordered a card last night, noticed today it was cancelled. Tried ordering it again, cancelled within minutes. Just great. This can only mean bad things.

Figures this happens once I stop doing mobile searches manually and use User Agent Switcher instead. fuck

It seems to be I can redeem points with no verification or hassle on my tablet or phone. The website cancels orders (for me at least)  within minutes of placing them.

Tried ordering through mobile after reading your post and it seems to go through. Already got the card, actually.

the hell

BS is happening on bing. Users losing their accounts and others seem to be having some luck. Good thing I didn't order anything since the mobile trick was offed. Guess I'll wait a bit longer and hope things get better and order something large if ordering equals account loss after that I'll transmit a lot of rage (see ATHF Err) through email.

BS is happening on bing. Users losing their accounts and others seem to be having some luck. Good thing I didn't order anything since the mobile trick was offed. Guess I'll wait a bit longer and hope things get better and order something large if ordering equals account loss after that I'll transmit a lot of rage (see ATHF Err) through email.
I knew I should of took out all my points when it worked, but sadly I didn't and lost about 7000 points.

I blame User Account Switcher to make mobile searches easier - started using that a few days ago and now the first time I go to order something everything just falls apart.

It seems to be I can redeem points with no verification or hassle on my tablet or phone. The website cancels orders (for me at least) within minutes of placing them.
you might not be completely screwed. That was happening to me about 2 months ago.(It was a issue on their side) But who knows with all the chaos going on right now.

edit: worst part is it's double searches for the rest of the month...

Again still not sure because your links are broken as shit... But hey spot on for being a smartass

Now the reason I said that I didn't know where you got that from is because that has not showed up on any of my 5 accounts... Yesterday or today

Now if it happens to be that way then great
It's for Gold members only. (The offer is called 'Gold status perk'.)

The Gold status perk so far makes no sense for me.One of my family's accounts was a 15 a day and now get 30 and another account was 30 a day and now still gets 30.They are both gold and have been for over a year.

bread's done
Back