Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

are the rewards messed up again?  I cashed out a $5 Windows Store gift card for 3,500 points and all it says is that's it's approved since the 8th.  I still haven't received the email for the code yet.

are the rewards messed up again? I cashed out a $5 Windows Store gift card for 3,500 points and all it says is that's it's approved since the 8th. I still haven't received the email for the code yet.
It looks like. I redeemed for a $5 Windows card a couple days ago and this morning received an e-mail that they "ran into some issues trying to process your recent order", cancelled it and returned the points to my account.

I guess there was something going on.  It finally came through just now.  Usually it's pretty quick for me like within 2 hours of cashing in.

I redeemed for both a $5 code and a $10 code both discounted and both came in immediately.. hope I don't miss out on any glitches later in the year like we saw last year :p 

The Bing app for my iPhone says that it is no longer going to be supported. Will there be a replacement? I did some web searches but I could not find anything about support going away for the iPhone.

Only on Iphone and Android.  LOL.  App support dropped on WP 8.1 and 10, but no replacement app.  Yet another reason to go back to android.

Rewards weren't working for me on android earlier, but seem to be good now.

So I saved up 29k points for a 12 month gold (my sub ends in december) and just when I get to it they put points on sale and throw out a massive sale.  Can't decide if I should go points and games or the gold sub.  I am paranoid that they may increase the points for the sub since it's realy cheap already and they increased the dollar price of subs recently.

So I saved up 29k points for a 12 month gold (my sub ends in december) and just when I get to it they put points on sale and throw out a massive sale. Can't decide if I should go points and games or the gold sub. I am paranoid that they may increase the points for the sub since it's realy cheap already and they increased the dollar price of subs recently.
Most of the items on sale will be on sale again because they always repeat sales. Xbox Live subs can be found for as little as $40 so it really depends on what you need right now. Maybe do a couple of point cards to get a game or two then you won't have very far to get back to th 29k mark.

A year of Xbox Live Gold costs 29,000 points!? Twelve $5 Amazon gift cards would only need 6,300 points, and you could buy a year of Gold from Amazon with them.

A year of Xbox Live Gold costs 29,000 points!? Twelve $5 Amazon gift cards would only need 6,300 points, and you could buy a year of Gold from Amazon with them.
The $5 Amazon Gift Cards cost 5,250. Twelve of them would be 63,000 points.

So I saved up 29k points for a 12 month gold (my sub ends in december) and just when I get to it they put points on sale and throw out a massive sale. Can't decide if I should go points and games or the gold sub. I am paranoid that they may increase the points for the sub since it's realy cheap already and they increased the dollar price of subs recently.
If there is a game you want now, go for the points. It takes around 3 and a half months to collect enough points for a 12 month gold card if you collect all your points daily, so you should be able to save up enough again before your subscription expires in December.

Last edited by a moderator:
The $5 Amazon Gift Cards cost 5,250. Twelve of them would be 63,000 points.
Oh right. All I get are Amazon and Gamestop cards, and I guess my mind just doesn't see the fourth digit in their cost. I'm imagining all the costs are basically what they were before the makeover. Since I never redeemed a year of Live my mind didn't read it as 2,900 points.

How much are the windows store gc normally? I'm seeing them offered for 3500/7000. If that's a sale, is there a way to know when the sale ends?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

How much are the windows store gc normally? I'm seeing them offered for 3500/7000. If that's a sale, is there a way to know when the sale ends?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I think normally the gc are 4650/9300? But the current sale for the 3500/7000 is good till June 2, 2017 or while supplies last per the site.

Anybody with Amazon/Hulu/GameStop gift cards stopped getting their quizzes(Monday IE10, Tuesday doubleshot)?

My cousin who doesn't have those cards got quizzes this week.

Those were good for 90 to 110 points a week.

Anybody with Amazon/Hulu/GameStop gift cards stopped getting their quizzes(Monday IE10, Tuesday doubleshot)?

My cousin who doesn't have those cards got quizzes this week.

Those were good for 90 to 110 points a week.
Yes.I thought it was just a glitch but it sounds like it isn't.I did check with family members who also have accounts and one of them has those gift cards and got the quizzes.So I have no idea what it is.

Yes.I thought it was just a glitch but it sounds like it isn't.I did check with family members who also have accounts and one of them has those gift cards and got the quizzes.So I have no idea what it is.
All the quizzes showed up today for everyone I keep an eye out for.

And I saw that XBOX Game Pass is redeemable. Looks like things are finally coming up Milhouse.

3592072-1581044310.jpg

Yep, they are screwed up again.  I got this error twice the other day, and finally after I waited 3 hours in between attempts to cash in, it finally worked.  I tried 3 times today with my other account and I'm still getting this error.  Why can't they get this right?  I'm trying to cash in so I can get some of the games that are on sale, but at this rate, by the time they finally let me cash in, the sale will be over.

[attachment=27054:Untitled.jpg]

Tip1: You can now collect daily points at

www.bing.de

and

www.bing.fr

and

www.bing.co.uk

and

www.bing.com.au

and 

www.bing.com/?cc=us

irrespective of where your account is based (USA, Germany, France, UK, Australia). 

Points are stackable across locales and there is no need to change IPs. You will still be able to cash those points in your base locale against whichever rewards are available to you. 

Tip2: Use Google Chrome in Developer mode to collect mobile Bing points from the comfort of your desktop PC.

Tip1: You can now collect daily points at

www.bing.de

and

www.bing.fr

and

www.bing.co.uk

and

www.bing.com.au

and

www.bing.com/?cc=us

irrespective of where your account is based (USA, Germany, France, UK, Australia).

Points are stackable across locales and there is no need to change IPs. You will still be able to cash those points in your base locale against whichever rewards are available to you.

Tip2: Use Google Chrome in Developer mode to collect mobile Bing points from the comfort of your desktop PC.
How long has this been going on?

Won't this maybe get your account banned?

Or won't they figure this out and shut it down?

How long has this been going on?

Won't this maybe get your account banned?

Or won't they figure this out and shut it down?
It does sound like it could get you banned if they ever found out you were doing it. I'm not taking the chance since MS rewards are currently paying for my XBL Gold subscriptions.

yeah, I"m not a big fan of cheating myself.  there's 4 of us in my house and we all do our own Bing every day.  when it adds up enough, we cash in and the funds get put into my son's xbox account.  It's like $20 every 18 days or something like that, but he gets a new game either every month or every other.  So there's nothing I would do that would put this at risk.

and again, the rewards are still messing up.  My wife redeemed hers sat. afternoon and it's still processing.  my daughter redeemed hers twice this morning and twice she got the error message that I posted above.  kinda getting old.

and again, the rewards are still messing up. My wife redeemed hers sat. afternoon and it's still processing. my daughter redeemed hers twice this morning and twice she got the error message that I posted above. kinda getting old.
I just tried to redeem and my orders keep getting declined.

yeah, I'm getting tired of it
I'm relieved it's not just my account. I thought the jig was up. Just when I noticed gift cards for Target and Walmart. I've found Walmart.com third party sellers cheaper than Amazon. But delivery in five days instead of two. They'll probably get this sorted out after the long weekend.

I'm relieved it's not just my account. I thought the jig was up. Just when I noticed gift cards for Target and Walmart. I've found Walmart.com third party sellers cheaper than Amazon. But delivery in five days instead of two. They'll probably get this sorted out after the long weekend.
Good looking out, I didn't know you could get Walmart cards via Bing rewards. I appreciate the heads up.

The $5 Xbox Gift Card for 3,500 points is back until July 28th.

Gift card emails have to be redeemed by June 30th, 2018, but after redemption, you only have 90 days to use them.

What rewards are available to new users of bing microsoft rewards? My account still gets amazon and other gift cards so I don't know what's missing for new users.

What rewards are available to new users of bing microsoft rewards? My account still gets amazon and other gift cards so I don't know what's missing for new users.
Sweepstakes, Microsoft products(Store, XBOX, Skype, Groove Music, Movies), Starbucks, and charities.

i ordered the amazon gift card this morning. still havent receive the email. usually fast.
It's taking about 36 hours for mine. It goes through InProgress, Approved, and Shipped. I used to get them within the hour a year ago.

Are the Amazon rewards exclusively for US users? Is there a Level to hit or something before you had Amazon as an option, or always had it?
My cousin told me he got his Amazon and Gamestop Gift Cards after hitting 1,000 points. It was only 475 points to redeem back then. He opened his account 18 months ago.

My neighbor opened her account ten months ago and it still hasn't become available. They both live in the US.

I opened mine back in 2015 and always had it.

​Worked earlier today on my android app. what r u using and when did it stop?
I was using Cortana on my Lumia 1520. It just stopped working yesterday, it had always worked before. I fixed it by signing in to my MS Rewards account through the Edge mobile browser and doing my searches there. Wonder why Cortana no longer works :/

They released a new Bing rewards app for Android recently and ended the previous app for android AND MS phones. I have found that if I do searches thru cortana on my wp phone then check the Bing rewards webpage on a pc the searches are counting for mobile searches. Doesn't make sense to shut down the rewards app on wp tho.

Anyone else on 7/27 not get any credit for any type of searches.I tried everything and couldn't get any to credit.

bread's done
Back