Bionic Commando: Rearmed price drop $4.99 on PSN/XBLA

[quote name='spike4536']Crap, I just bought this a week ago. :bomb:
Oh well, it's worth the 800 points i paid anyway. Very good game.[/QUOTE]

Lol me too! I even thought that they would discount it as a promotion to get people excited for the sequel, should have gone with my gut instinct. Well I must say it was worth 10 dollars so I'm not too disappointed, plus my time was already reserved for playing the sequel when it comes out :D

[quote name='gunm']Sweet. The game is brutal, but I can't resist at that price. I'm in for the PSN version![/QUOTE]
Same. It's my birthday anyways, I can justify a $5 selfish purchase.

Actually, looks like I'll be giving PSN $15 today because I know I'm going to have to pick up Zen Pinball too, unless the demo just completely disappoints me. I'm a sucker for pinball games. Sonic Spinball was basically one of my favorite Genesis games.

As someone that bought the game months ago, I can vouch for how awesome Rearmed is. The game was an amazing value at $9.99. Even the co-op is solidly programmed!

I consider Rearmed the best XBLA has to offer, and, at this lower price, I think anyone that passes this up is aggressively dense.

[quote name='shoe478']I played this on the NES and beat it, any reason for me to play it again?[/QUOTE]

i found rearmed to be more difficult, and it is different. i think you get more weapons, and there are the challenge rooms. it's also pretty. for $5, if you enjoyed the nes version, i say go for it.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Same. It's my birthday anyways, I can justify a $5 selfish purchase.

Actually, looks like I'll be giving PSN $15 today because I know I'm going to have to pick up Zen Pinball too, unless the demo just completely disappoints me. I'm a sucker for pinball games. Sonic Spinball was basically one of my favorite Genesis games.[/QUOTE]

Its my birthday today as well. And George Lucas's.

[quote name='Shady3011']Between the PS3 and 360 version. Not on actually buying the game. I was about to get it at full price until I noticed this sale.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Too bad for the 360's d-pad. I wish they would mass produce that optimized controller Europe supposedly got.

[quote name='cleaver']PS3 or 360 version what say you?[/QUOTE]

Apparently the XBLA version experiences screen tearing, has slightly poorer graphics, and has longer load times (all these are according to people nitpicking the minor differences at GameFAQs). Oh, and the 360's D-pad is terrible. I'm going with the PS3 version.

Let me get this straight:

XBLA version has online multiplayer, achievments, and isn't buggy
PSN version has faster loadtimes, better graphics, and remote play

Am I right? If so, this is a hard choice. Leaning a bit towards the PS version though, cause of the controls.

I'm surprised reliability issues with the 360 haven't been brought up. Also remember it is much cheaper to upgrade a PS3 HD versus upgrading a 360 HD. Then you throw in the ability to game share, I believe this tilts things towards the PS3 in IMO.

[quote name='whotheheck']Let me get this straight:

[/QUOTE]

Better graphics? hmmm?

[quote name='ctrek3']i found rearmed to be more difficult, and it is different. i think you get more weapons, and there are the challenge rooms. it's also pretty. for $5, if you enjoyed the nes version, i say go for it.[/QUOTE]

It was over 15 years ago so I don't remember if I played it because I liked it or because I finished all the games I bought back then. Games didn't grow on trees like they do now. :)

[quote name='52club']I'm surprised reliability issues with the 360 haven't been brought up. Also remember it is much cheaper to upgrade a PS3 HD versus upgrading a 360 HD. Then you throw in the ability to game share, I believe this tilts things towards the PS3 in IMO.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you brought it up, we aren't comparing systems here. What does replacing the hard drive have to do with this game?

[quote name='shoe478']It was over 15 years ago so I don't remember if I played it because I liked it or because I finished all the games I bought back then. Games didn't grow on trees like they do now. :)

I'm surprised you brought it up, we aren't comparing systems here. What does replacing the hard drive have to do with this game?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try to respond without being sarcastic. However, where do you think your game is stored when it is downloaded? As you download more content what happens to a hard drive? If you need me to answer these questions for you I can.

[quote name='52club']I'm going to try to respond without being sarcastic. However, where do you think your game is stored when it is downloaded? As you download more content what happens to a hard drive? If you need me to answer these questions for you I can.[/QUOTE]

You were really saying that the failure rate of the 360 would stop a person from buying the game for $5 next week? If a person wouldn't buy this game for that reason, he or she shouldn't have a 360 at all.

Also, this person would have to think about the ease of upgrading the hard drive when considering this purchase. Both systems have a way of transferring the data so I don't see why the hard drive should be considered at all.

I'm saying neither decision is relevant to buying this game and it appeared to me like you just wanted to bash the 360.

i liked the demo but i heard the rest of the game is a BITCH from my friends....hmmm. i tend to quit on the harder games after a while

BC:Rearmed is spectacular at $5. I almost don't want to meet the person who doesn't plunge at that price.

[quote name='wildnuts02']i liked the demo but i heard the rest of the game is a BITCH from my friends....hmmm. i tend to quit on the harder games after a while[/QUOTE]
The rest of the game isn't THAT hard, but you do have to learn the bionic arm pretty well. It is definitely a challenge.

The challenge mode levels are just retarded. They are indefensible. Pixel perfect timings with no real guide or prompt. You have to guess at them. It is ridiculous.

[quote name='Serpent01']Starting today, for a single week only in a promotion for the new Bionic Commando game. The price of Bionic Commando: Rearmed is now $4.99 on PSN!

Edit:
The XBLA version of Bionic Commando: Rearmed will also go on sale on LIVE for 400 starting on May 25.[/QUOTE]
Too bad it isn't dropping at Amazon as well, 'cause, knowing Microsoft, the XBLA price drop will likely be a gold-exclusive deal.
If not, then I'm definitely buying it on the 25th.

And, what... no love for PC? ;)

[quote name='RollingSkull']The rest of the game isn't THAT hard, but you do have to learn the bionic arm pretty well. It is definitely a challenge.

The challenge mode levels are just retarded. They are indefensible. Pixel perfect timings with no real guide or prompt. You have to guess at them. It is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

The last level is immensely demanding; everything else is fairly doable, if not tough, but the Albatross will make you a man. The section with the collapsing platforms was probably the most tense phase of platforming I've had in years, perhaps only ever topped by Tubular from Super Mario World.

It's a wonderfully done game, though, and if you like 2-D gameplay at all it's really a no-brainer.

And I've managed to beat all but the final challenge room. I don't think I'll ever beat the final challenge room. :(

[quote name='stoned99']Am I the only person who didn't care for this game.[/QUOTE]

I hate to be the first to tell you...but it looks like you're the only one.

[quote name='whotheheck']Let me get this straight:

Am I right? If so, this is a hard choice. Leaning a bit towards the PS version though, cause of the controls.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer is NOT online. Local only.

I bought this game at like 3am on day one while waiting for XBLA to update for it. Only to find out the hard way that there was no online multiplayer. I was a little irked at that fact, but it's still an amazing game MP or not.

[quote name='nwaugh']Is there any reason to believe the 360 version won't be discounted on Amazon.com too?[/QUOTE]
of course not. deal of the week prices are not on amazon (this may or may not be deal of the week).

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Thanks for the link Rouzhokuu, but man, I still don't know what to get it for. I already have a pretty descent XBLA library, but a small PSN one. After surfing the web, this game should have had trophy support by now, but doesn't. Damn...[/QUOTE]
D-pad, better graphics, faster load times, game sharing, less likely to have to replace console, and remote play versus achievements and no challenge room bug, easy choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shoe478']You were really saying that the failure rate of the 360 would stop a person from buying the game for $5 next week? If a person wouldn't buy this game for that reason, he or she shouldn't have a 360 at all.

Also, this person would have to think about the ease of upgrading the hard drive when considering this purchase. Both systems have a way of transferring the data so I don't see why the hard drive should be considered at all.

I'm saying neither decision is relevant to buying this game and it appeared to me like you just wanted to bash the 360.[/QUOTE]

I just want to say this is a great deal first.

As a CAG the first thing I think about is how much $$$ it costs to upgrade the HD. I encourage you to do a per gigabyte comparison between the 360 and PS3. Then draw your own conclusions.

I'm also saying that if you can buy a the game for either system (like I can) wouldn't which system is most dependable factor in? Remember you will lose access to the game if your system dies. Then all the sudden to gain access to the $5 game you may have to purchase a new system. It is just something I thought some might want to think about.

I will admit to bashing the 360 for reliability issues and MS for overpricing their hard drives. I believe that bashing is well deserved in both cases.

The best part is if MS provided a decently priced HD I would not only purchase the HD I would buy more downloadable games. However, right now they can't get their head out of their ass to realize the big money isn't selling overpriced accessories, but instead selling software/games. It is pretty ironic when you think about a company that orgins began in software.

[quote name='52club']I'm also saying that if you can buy a the game for either system (like I can) wouldn't which system is most dependable factor in? Remember you will lose access to the game if your system dies. Then all the sudden to gain access to the $5 game you may have to purchase a new system. It is just something I thought some might want to think about.

I will admit to bashing the 360 for reliability issues and MS for overpricing their hard drives.[/QUOTE]
Why is that a factor when MS will typically fix a RROD issue for free?

The overpriced HDD on the other hand... yeah, there's just no excuse for that.

Sweet, time to buy my 2nd PSN game. Both are by Capcom, go figure (SFIIHDR being the other). Capcom's gotten a lot of love from me lately, surprisingly enough.

Is there any way to add a specific amount to my PSN wallet? I'm only given the options of $5, $10, and so on. I have a couple of bucks on a visa gift card I got a while back and just want to finish it up.

[quote name='ISHCM']Is there any way to add a specific amount to my PSN wallet? I'm only given the options of $5, $10, and so on. I have a couple of bucks on a visa gift card I got a while back and just want to finish it up.[/QUOTE]
I haven't bought a game or DLC from PSN in a while, but I seem to recall you couldn't add odd amounts. If the DLC costs $1.99, you have the option of charging your card $1.99, but you can't add $1.99.

And I could never get a Visa gift card to work on PSN. It always declined the transaction.

[quote name='Thrinn']Why is that a factor when MS will typically fix a RROD issue for free?

The overpriced HDD on the other hand... yeah, there's just no excuse for that.[/QUOTE]

They will for three years from the original purchase date. Maybe I'm wrong about considering the reliability of a system when purchasing games;).

52club, it'd be better if you didn't try to get system bashing arguments going on in a deals thread. That's some fine stealth trolling though.

Anyway! When deciding what system to purchase this game on, you should consider what system you plan on getting the new Bionic Commando retail game for. BC: Rearmed unlocks some cool stuff in Bionic Commando, so you'll want your download to match the retail title.

Also for people who are concerned about the difficulty, Easy mode is actually quite easy.

[quote name='52club']They will for three years from the original purchase date. Maybe I'm wrong about considering the reliability of a system when purchasing games;).[/QUOTE]
Aren't you worried that Sony's going to send you a refurb when your laser craps out (after charging you $125)? I know that's why I baby my 60GB PS3.

Shame on me for getting drawn into a console-warrish discussion in a $5 game thread.

And I really hope you're not an NU student who's basing these grand arguments around $5. What's that in NU tuition, like 30 seconds of class time? ;)

[quote name='rperez1025']I've been meaning to pick this up but never got around to it. Definitely picking it up now. [/QUOTE]

Same here! I'm so happy they're doing this! Actually, I was holding out thinking that they'd offer this game as a bonus for pre-ordering, but that didn't happen so I'm happy I held out for this.

Excellent, I've been playing the trial of BC:R and love it. Hopefully Amazon drops it down to $5 as well so I can use my promo credit from my 1600 card.

[quote name='stoned99']Am I the only person who didn't care for this game.[/QUOTE]

I don't really care much for BC: Rearmed either. I'm going to have to do a lot of soul searching, even at a $5 pricetag.

The difficulty of the game comes only from the clunky controls. I know it's a retro-tribute game, but still...

Hopefully the new Bionic Commando game won't be intentionally handicapped.

Hell yes, I have been hoping for this. If I'm gonna buy the R2 and K2 map packs for 6 bucks I am definately going to get this game for 5. Still upset I missed out on the psn Ratchet sale but this makes up for it.

[quote name='ISHCM']Is there any way to add a specific amount to my PSN wallet? I'm only given the options of $5, $10, and so on. I have a couple of bucks on a visa gift card I got a while back and just want to finish it up.[/QUOTE]
Well you can't add anything below $5.
Or a user-specified amount

But you can put things in your cart and "charge" however much you lack for the purchase...as long as its over 5 dollars.

Thats how I do RB Songs. Put 3 int h cart and it charges 6.something to my card instead of $5 then another $5 charge.

[quote name='zerotl']Sweeet, I was about to get this last weekend.

Oh and if you have a psp and ps3 this should be a ps3 buy[/QUOTE]

Can you play it on psp also?

bread's done
Back