Bionic Commando: Rearmed price drop $4.99 on PSN/XBLA

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Can you play it on psp also?[/QUOTE]

yea it is supposed to have remote play and that may get me to buy it.

Whoever doesn't have this, buy it. It's that simple, it's one of the best XBLA games period.

Edit: Just bought it on PSN, so now I own it on two systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wissy']yea it is supposed to have remote play and that may get me to buy it.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo through remote play. Maybe it was just my network, or the fact that it was the demo, but it performed a little too slowly to be enjoyable.

[quote name='guessed']I played the demo through remote play. Maybe it was just my network, or the fact that it was the demo, but it performed a little too slowly to be enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

That's remote play for ya. You can tweak settings on the PSP to make the image quality worse if you want to speed it up a little bit, but I found that even on the worst/fastest settings, there's a lot of lag.

Before I bought on separate accounts, I could charge $1.99 purchases without having anything in my wallet. Why you have to have > $5 is beyond me.

Wow, this is such a good deal. It's a very difficult game, but it's so rewarding when you finally beat it (well, it was for me, anyway). A very polished, well-made game. Buy it!

You're also skipping on a totally great game when you do that - easily one of the best downloadable games of all time. But it's your choice. ~ ~

Wish I knew if this was going to be available for $5 on Amazon for the XBLA version. I wouldn't mind getting some achievements for busting my ass over a "hardcore" game. I hate buying MS points though. hmmmm decisions decisions.

[quote name='asthmatic']i feel really handicapped with out a jump buttom :/[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I kind of like that about it. It totally throws a twist at you and makes you rethink how you play platformer / action games.

[quote name='gibbyva']I'll grab the XBL version when it drops since the Capcom idiots cancelled the trophy support.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I'd go with the PS3 version. It looks better, runs better and the 360 achievements blow anyways.

I really don't see why people consider "trophy/achievements" a selling point. IT ADDS NOTHING TO THE GAME. If you're only playing games for achievements you're totally playing the wrong genre/platform.....go play an MMORPG.

Achievements add a lot for completitionists and competitive people. But we don't need an Achievement debate here, do we? Let people buy the game for the system of their choice.

This is some great news indeed, I am gonna be all over this! Question for those who have it tho, have you tried the 6 button Street Fighter controller with it? Thinking that might be a good option.

And what's up with all the Xbox/PS banter? Guys need to chill with that, people have there own reasons for things. And this isn't the forum for it anyways.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']I really don't see why people consider "trophy/achievements" a selling point. IT ADDS NOTHING TO THE GAME.[/QUOTE]

Sure it does. Instead of playing straight through a game and then setting it to the side, achievements can give you an incentive to do all the side quests or play a game through again in a different way.

Also, achievements can help highlight subtle gameplay ideas that players might normally miss.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Sure it does. Instead of playing straight through a game and then setting it to the side, achievements can give you an incentive to do all the side quests or play a game through again in a different way.

Also, achievements can help highlight subtle gameplay ideas that players might normally miss.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They give you a checklist of challenges to meet after you've completed the game, and you can see how much your friends have accomplished in games you're both playing. I love them.

I hope this gets a RIDICULOUS amount of sales when the price drops. It would send a very good message to the publishers! I'm sick of random-ass games getting the premium $15 treatment for no good reason. Why the hell should Capcom's own "Flock" sell for 50% more than BC:Rearmed???

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm sick of random-ass games getting the premium $15 treatment for no good reason. Why the hell should Capcom's own "Flock" sell for 50% more than BC:Rearmed???[/QUOTE] Because Capcom didn't run a user poll on how much Flock should sell for like they did with BC:R. The users voted $10, and Capcom nervously went forward on that price point.

People who bought BC:R for $10 (myself included), shouldn't feel bad that the game's cheaper now. This could have easily been a $15 game and still have been worth every single penny.

[quote name='lunker']I have it on 360 and it was an absurd deal for 800 points/$10. $5 is a no-brainer. Capcom could have easily priced this at $15 and people still would have bought it in droves—it's an excellent hard-as-balls platformer, and the challenge rooms alone will break your spirit (in a good way) if you're really into masochistic games.[/QUOTE]

These hard comments are disturbing. Did they do a terrible job on the remake? :hot:

[quote name='shouamabane']PS3 load times on this game are half as long as the 360 version. This outweighs achievements I think.[/QUOTE]

That and the graphics are probably because the 360 one doesn't have as much data to work with? Well, at any rate with the PS3 one being half the price of the 360 one that finally takes care of that question for me :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']These hard comments are disturbing. Did they do a terrible job on the remake? :hot:[/QUOTE]

He means that the challenge rooms are so damn fun they're worth the price by its self. The campaign is awesome as well though but it isn't as excruciatingly (in a good platformer that's hard way) hard and challenging.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Sweet! ^_^ I came *this* close from buying it last week after playing the demo again. Thx for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]

Too much info dude.

The only thing the PS3 version has over the 360 one graphically is that the 360 version's background shadows are slightly messed up. It's just some kind of little error that slipped through. If nobody told you, then you'd probably never notice. So it's not like the PS3 version has extra effects or more polygons or anything dramatic like that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']That and the graphics are probably because the 360 one doesn't have as much data to work with? Well, at any rate with the PS3 one being half the price of the 360 one that finally takes care of that question for me :D[/QUOTE]

The graphics quality between the two seems roughly identical (except for the aforementioned glitchy background shadows it seems). Originally Capcom was saying that due to the 150MB limit on Live arcade games, the Xbox 360 version of BC Rearmed would have lower quality textures (along with SF2HD not including the remixed music), however within a few weeks it was announced that Microsoft made an "exception" for those two games and would allow them to go above the normal limit, so their content is the same as the PS3 version.

I'm on the fence though...I usually prefer 360 versions of these games for a few reasons, but remoteplay definitely sounds tempting...

I haven't bought a single PSN title since I got my PS3 in December. I've tried the demo for this and I'm going to bite! Hell yeah, I love CAG. I mean sure, they advertise the price on PSN but I don't load that shit up regularly.

So I'll be getting BC:Rearmed & Kung Fu today. I got a promotion in e-mail the other day saying that if I bought anything from PSN store they would give me a free gift of PAIN in 7-10 days.

Don't know if it's good, but hell. I'll take a free gift for a $5.40 purchase.

I got Pain free with my Metal Gear Playstation, and...I hate it. Looks good, but...oh well, it's better than Wii Sports, but...

EDIT: Like I said though it does look really good, and it is real original, so for free its worth downloading, but personally I got nothing from it.

[quote name='Jay']Too much info dude.[/QUOTE]

Too much info? Why? He's just excited because this is perfect timing for him.

I didn't realize these boards were limited to hard, cold facts.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Sweet! ^_^ I came *this* close from buying it last week after playing the demo again. Thx for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jay']Too much info dude.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trusty Mutsi']Too much info? Why? He's just excited because this is perfect timing for him.

I didn't realize these boards were limited to hard, cold facts.[/QUOTE]

Bolded and crossed out so you get the (lame) joke. If it has to be explained, it isn't funny, but this one wouldn't have been funny anyway.

Damn, I downloaded this game about 2 days after it came out on the 360. I actually still have my original NES (with instructions and box) Bionic Commando. I really liked the remake, and I thought getting all the hidden bonuses are way harder to get than on the NES, even though they are all in the same places. Yep, I actually went back to play the NES version just to see.

Anyone that loves platformers would enjoy this game. $5.00 is a steal IMO.

Does this game require accessing a guide repeatedly for secrets/stuff like that? I see gamefaqs has a secrets FAQ.

Here is some codes:
Unlockable Challenge Room Codes

At the title screen (not the main menu) enter these codes to access a few hidden Challenge Rooms. They will appear at the end of the Challenge Room list. Unfortunately you must enter the codes each time the game boots up and only one code can be active at a time. These codes only work on English versions of the game.
CodeEffectDown, Up, Down, Up, Left, L1, Square, L1, Square, Triangle, StartEuroGamer Challenge RoomRight, Down, Left, Up, L1, R1, Triangle, Triangle, X, X, StartFan Made (Arron Sedillo) Challenge RoomR1, Triangle, Square, Square, Up, Down, L1, L1, Up, Down, StartGamesRadar Challenge RoomUp, Down, Triangle, Square, Square, Triangle, Down, Up, L1, L1, StartIGN Challenge RoomContributed By: Paul Acevedo and saturn_neo.

Unlockables

• Super Hard difficulty

UnlockableHow to UnlockSuper hard difficultyBeat the game once on any mode.Contributed By: ididyourdad.

bread's done
Back