Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

Sadly, I missed out in snagging a copy. None left when I arrived to the one in Merrillville, IN. But I didn't check to see if it could be shipped to store. Should I go back tomorrow and ask?

[quote name='aznguyen316']welp, just called my local FYE and they DO have Bioshock in at NEW 19.99 and used at 17.99 great I may just run out there tonight and pick this baby up.[/quote]

Please leave one for me if you are going to the one in KC!

[quote name='pinebarrens']Please leave one for me if you are going to the one in KC![/quote]

FYE KC is out of stock, I'm going to Topeka =)

[quote name='aznguyen316']FYE KC is out of stock, I'm going to Topeka =)[/quote]

Could you pick one up for me?

[quote name='pinebarrens']Could you pick one up for me?[/quote]

Still debatin' on if I do plan on going out there but I might. I rented it and beat it already but $20 isn't bad..

[quote name='Shawn09']Well I just called Best Buy, and they're willing to price match by calling FYE if its in stock at FYE.[/quote]

you rock hard dude haha I'm going to BB instead!

[quote name='Shawn09']Well I just called Best Buy, and they're willing to price match by calling FYE if its in stock at FYE.[/quote]

Nice I should do that at my local Best Buy. Price match it by calling FYE

I haven't tried to price match it yet, so it might also have to do a lot with who is working customer service. However, I called 1-888-BESTBUY, so I'm pretty sure they have to do it.

[quote name='Viper51989']Anyone know if there's a way to price match it? Is there an ad or something?[/quote]The manager at the FYE at Discover Mills Mall said there was NO flyer advertising it when I asked. Some stores don't need a flyer though and will just call if you tell them where the deal is. Of course, others require a flyer and call to see if it's in stock. Contemplating this, but I think I've lost the will to keep up the good fight. Especially if the only other FYE in the metro area is indeed OOS plus they may say it's not close enough to PM. I really wanted this one, too. Hopefully, it will get back in stock before the sale is over, but the manager didn't seem too hopeful.

[quote name='jdawgg76']The manager at DMMall said there was no flyer advertising it when I asked. Some stores don't need a flyer though and will just call if you tell them where the deal is. Of course, others require a flyer and call to see if it's in stock. Contemplating this, but I think I've lost the will to keep up the good fight. Especially if the only other FYE in the metro area is indeed OOS plus they may say it's not close enough to PM. I really wanted this one, too. Hopefully, it will get back in stock before the sale is over, but the manager didn't seem too hopeful.[/quote]

Hmm... Does FYE has a flyer advertising Bioshock for $19.99?

I changed DM Mall in my above post to FYE at Discover Mills Mall to clarify that I asked a manager at an FYE and he said there is no flyer advertising this deal.

okay WTF

BB tried to PM for me, but when they called my locations they said they just had it for $49.99 USED?!?! When I called both the locations they said it was $19.99?!?!? I dunno how I got screwed like this. My guess is it was in computer as $49.99 used but on the shelves it's 19.99??!?! either way I got shut down thanks to FYE telling me two different things..

[quote name='aznguyen316']okay WTF

BB tried to PM for me, but when they called my locations they said they just had it for $49.99 USED?!?! When I called both the locations they said it was $19.99?!?!? I dunno how I got screwed like this. My guess is it was in computer as $49.99 used but on the shelves it's 19.99??!?! either way I got shut down thanks to FYE telling me two different things..[/quote]When they told you it was 19.99 did they say it was in stock? If so they hosed you.

BB tried to PM for me, but when they called my locations they said they just had it for $49.99 USED?!?! When I called both the locations they said it was $19.99?!?!? I dunno how I got screwed like this. My guess is it was in computer as $49.99 used but on the shelves it's 19.99??!?! either way I got shut down thanks to FYE telling me two different things..[/quote]

At least we know Best Buy is willing to price match... But yea, thats messed up by FYE.

BB tried to PM for me, but when they called my locations they said they just had it for $49.99 USED?!?! When I called both the locations they said it was $19.99?!?!? I dunno how I got screwed like this. My guess is it was in computer as $49.99 used but on the shelves it's 19.99??!?! either way I got shut down thanks to FYE telling me two different things..[/quote]

LOL :applause:

Tried downtown Philly while at work today, around 12:30. Couldn't find any new copies. Found a used copy, not on-sale.

[quote name='jdawgg76']When they told you it was 19.99 did they say it was in stock? If so they hosed you.[/quote]

yeah I even asked the guy that told me this if they were in stock he said YES. this was like an hour or two before I tried to PM.

I think it was b/c he actually went to the shelves to check it out b/c he put me on hold for a min or so to check while when I was at BB, it only took a few seconds for the answer
yeah sucks lol

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Yay, I found one.
He's putting it on hold. I Got his name and everything :)

He said he'll give me 10 percent of too XD[/quote]

Wow! Could you pick some up for fellow CAGs?

My store had all games on sale at 50%, new and used games, but they had Bioshock marked down to 19.99 when I called and she checked. Oh, they also appear to have 10% off accessories and some t-shirts are less than their marked price too.

I bought a Gears of War t-shirt for my son for 9.99, it was marked 16.99

I would most definetely appreciate it if you could pick one up for me. Like many of the other users from the ATL, none of the stores around us have any in stock. PM if you do intend to and we'll work something out

Birmingham/Hoover Metro Summit location Coconuts/FYE two more in stock.
2play or not to play? Blue Dragon is how I am spending my time. And that was to be in prep for Lost Odyssey out tuesday. What a great find.

Fye at Quakerbridge Mall, Lawrenceville, NJ had one or two new ones left. Bought one for myself. Cashier said used ones were 49.99 but new ones were 19.99. Go figure.

I just grabbed a copy from Best Buy, they price matched it for me from FYE. They told me if they called 2x's and FYE didn't answer the deal was no good. Wth is that a Best buy policy? Oh well luckily the guy did answer and I got mine.

[quote name='Shawn09']Will Walmart price match a store by calling?[/quote]

No - They must have the circular; they will not call. Bonus though, considering they don't call to check stock (for other ads - though it sucks for this particular deal).

I picked up a copy at the local FYE; they still have 3 left on the shelves. No one shops there for video games so they'll probably sit there like dookie on the street for a bit. I then went to Circuit City and PM Bioshock (2 copies - one for me and antoher for a friend) to $16.89 each - bonus (CC had Bioshock on sale for $50.99 this week).

I still have that other copy I bought from FYE, I'll either sell/trade it here to a fellow CAG or return it to the store. If interest is high I can swing back by and see if I can pick up the other copies as well.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Which BB?[/quote]

Union City, if you get a cool employee they'll direct you to Customer Service otherwise they'll try turn you down right then and there. In that case ask them to check it at the Customer Service desk, either way my guess is regular store cashiers won't do it.

Bah. The nearest FYE doesn't carry games anymore so my trip was in vain. I did find a new copy of Persona 3 at the Sears in the mall, though, so it wasn't a total waste. Also got the screws on my glasses tightened for free. What a deal!

[quote name='KSHLove']I just grabbed a copy from Best Buy, they price matched it for me from FYE. They told me if they called 2x's and FYE didn't answer the deal was no good. Wth is that a Best buy policy? Oh well luckily the guy did answer and I got mine.[/quote]

Wow that is good.. To bad my local FYE is sold out, so they couldn't price match

Just picked up a copy at the Smithhaven Mall in Lake Grove, NY for $19.99...think they have a couple left. Call and they'll put it on hold.

[quote name='KSHLove']I just grabbed a copy from Best Buy, they price matched it for me from FYE. They told me if they called 2x's and FYE didn't answer the deal was no good. Wth is that a Best buy policy? Oh well luckily the guy did answer and I got mine.[/quote]My BB's screwball policy trumps yours. Went to a BB and they said they couldn't PM it because they had to have a physical copy or price on the internet. I told them their PM policy is not applied to advertised only, but includes any lower price and pointed out the wording on the policy sign, but to no avail. The manager just didn't want to do it just like when a walmart manager said he'd sell Madden 08 for 40 when CC had a flyer stating 21.

bread's done
Back