Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

[quote name='jdawgg76']My BB's screwball policy trumps yours. Went to a BB and they said they couldn't PM it because they had to have a physical copy or price on the internet. I told them their PM policy is not applied to advertised only, but includes any lower price and pointed out the wording on the policy sign, but to no avail. The manager just didn't want to do it just like when a walmart manager said he'd sell Madden 08 for 40 when CC had a flyer stating 21.[/quote]

Wow.. that must really suck!

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Wow.. that must really suck![/quote]I'll have to wait for a restock I guess. In reference to the old Madden deal, I did get the other walmart 5 minutes from my house to pm that Madden deal that the other one shot down so it didn't totally suck I guess.

By the way, I've had walmart call to confirm stock before so YMMV, but worth a shot.

Confirmed $20 at the Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio FYE at the Chapel Hill Mall.

Although, once I got the game for $20, the clerk immediately snatched the last remaining copy of the game for himself. Hah.

Seriously, though, is there any better feeling than a look of bewilderment on the face of a clerk who rings you up for a great deal he knew nothing about?

[quote name='KCircle']Confirmed $20 at the Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio FYE at the Chapel Hill Mall.

Although, once I got the game for $20, the clerk immediately snatched the last remaining copy of the game for himself. Hah.

Seriously, though, is there any better feeling than a look of bewilderment on the face of a clerk who rings you up for a great deal he knew nothing about?[/quote]

Lol so true. I had called the Fye to make sure they had it in-stock and on sale. The clerk herself said, "What the hell? It's going for 19.99 and is on sale." :D

I live a block away from my FYE, so I figured I'd grab a copy or two for fellow CAG's. Unfortunately, mine only sells used games, and no Bioshock.

The FYE at Jordan Creek Mall in West Des Moines, Iowa, is sold out of Bioshock. Not sure whether they had it before it went to $19.99 or not. :cry: If anyone has an extra copy they're willing to sell me, please let me know. Thanks!

I'll stop by Fye again tomorrow and see if they have any more new Bioshocks for sale. It comes to $21.39 w/ tax in NJ. So if anyone will pay that + shipping, I'll buy whatever new copies are available.

FYE in Fullerton, CA doesn't even sell games, such a waste of gas for me.

Any CAGs out there willing to pick up a copy for me? I'll pay you for the game, shipping, and gas money/your efforts.

[quote name='menikmati']FYE in Fullerton, CA doesn't even sell games, such a waste of gas for me.

Any CAGs out there willing to pick up a copy for me? I'll pay you for the game, shipping, and gas money/your efforts.[/quote]

Same here... Would pay for your kind service :bouncy:

Question here.

Can FYEs transfer stock from another store? Say if I were to go in tomorrow and check to see if the Michigan City, IN store had a copy to send over, could they? Even if I had to pay something to transfer it over, I'd be more than willing to.

I have no ambition to drive to Michigan City while it's snow-covered willie outside.

I am confirming NJ. I went to the FYE in Union, and got the last copy there, $17.99 with the Discount Card.

A little tip for those who find a store that is out of stock. Find the little computer that sits in the aisles where you can search for a product. Touch the screen where it asks you if you want to see availability at other locations. This will save you from wasting time and gas.

Oh snap! I this is a great deal, i have a used copy that has been buggy so i guess i'll just be selling that one. Woo Bioshock, hope my local store still has this. Anyone in Maryland get a confirm on this?

[quote name='NismoGTR']damn.... i just bought bioshock last week at Best Buy for $40 >_< will BB price match?[/quote]Depends on the manager, but they should because the policy is matching a lower price, not lower advertised price. But, as always it's YMMV.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Depends on the manager, but they should because the policy is matching a lower price, not lower advertised price. But, as always it's YMMV.[/quote]

couldn't he just buy bioshock at FYE and return the one he bought from BB? Or does it have a different serial #?

[quote name='abhinav']Oh snap! I this is a great deal, i have a used copy that has been buggy so i guess i'll just be selling that one. Woo Bioshock, hope my local store still has this. Anyone in Maryland get a confirm on this?[/QUOTE]

was able to pickup the last used copy for 19.99 in lakeforest mall in Gaithersburg, MD. didn't try the store in wheaton

[quote name='KSHLove']couldn't he just buy bioshock at FYE and return the one he bought from BB? Or does it have a different serial #?[/quote]

i already removed the shrink wrap so i couldn't return it if i wanted to ... but is the FYE bioshock deal listed anywhere? i need some kind of proof of the deal before i even attempt a pm at BB

[quote name='NismoGTR']i already removed the shrink wrap so i couldn't return it if i wanted to ... but is the FYE bioshock deal listed anywhere? i need some kind of proof of the deal before i even attempt a pm at BB[/quote]

I meant buy a new Bioshock for 19.99 at FYE then return that one at BB. If that doesn't work you could call FYE and ask for a price check. If they confirm the price ask BB to call FYE and get your price adjustment. They asked if I had a flyer but since I didn't have proof I told them I called FYE (which I did beforehand) and they took care of the rest. Seems like BB's price match is YMMV, I had some cool BB employees handling my transaction.

[quote name='KSHLove']couldn't he just buy bioshock at FYE and return the one he bought from BB? Or does it have a different serial #?[/quote]Oh yeah. Just buy it at FYE and return that one to Best Buy with the $40 BB receipt. It's the exact same item so there's no worry of fraud or wrongdoing. The only better thing about price adjusting is that you get $2 more dollars back for the extra 10% guarantee, but the probable headache of dealing with BB's CSRs may not be worth it.

Any idea on how long this may last?

My girlfriend asked me what I'd want as a gift for v-day and I told her I didnt have anything I could think of. But being this is 20 bucks, I cant think of a better gift! :) Of course if I can find it in store.

Dynasty, check the FYE at warner/alma school. They had some there a couple days ago. I'm not close by there or I'd go, I just happened to be in the area at that time.

I called over to the one by Fiest Mall and they said they weren't doing it or the Tempe one either. When asked about the 50% off deal they said neither of those stores but the others have it as they're getting rid of their games.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Oh yeah. Just buy it at FYE and return that one to Best Buy with the $40 BB receipt. It's the exact same item so there's no worry of fraud or wrongdoing. The only better thing about price adjusting is that you get $2 more dollars back for the extra 10% guarantee, but the probable headache of dealing with BB's CSRs may not be worth it.[/quote]
hey jdawg what part of ga u from?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Oh yeah. Just buy it at FYE and return that one to Best Buy with the $40 BB receipt. It's the exact same item so there's no worry of fraud or wrongdoing. The only better thing about price adjusting is that you get $2 more dollars back for the extra 10% guarantee, but the probable headache of dealing with BB's CSRs may not be worth it.[/quote]

yeah i guess thats tru. I could probably use that to buy burnout paradise or lost odyssey when it comes out... now i just hope the FYE in Gainesville has it in stock :/

[quote name='jdawgg76']Confirmed 19.99 at the Discover Mills Mall location outside Atlanta, however, the manager said they were OOS before the sale even started and that it is on backorder from the manufacturer so he didn't know when they would get more.

Since the only other FYE that sells games is on the other side of the city which means 1-2 hours away, I would be happy to pay cost+shipping+finder's for a copy or CML for Crackdown, DOA4, THPGLE and other stuff.[/quote]
I'll see if the one in Douglasville has it tomorrow. If it does, I'll pick it up for you. Although I was there last evening looking for NFS prostreet and I don't recall seeing any Bioshock copies. But I'll double check just in case.

[quote name='SithFran']Dynasty, check the FYE at warner/alma school. They had some there a couple days ago. I'm not close by there or I'd go, I just happened to be in the area at that time.

I called over to the one by Fiest Mall and they said they weren't doing it or the Tempe one either. When asked about the 50% off deal they said neither of those stores but the others have it as they're getting rid of their games.[/quote]

Im not close by there neither. I live closer near tempe and I checked that FYE around there. Maybe if I have time I will drive near the Glendale & Chandler FYE.

i tried to get a price guarantee at best buy before. i talked to the manager of the media dept. first and he said i would need some sort of "proof" of the sale as in a flyer. i told him i didnt have it so he told me to goto customer service. i waited in line like 10 minutes and they asked me if i had a flyer, i said no and they said they could call but i needed to get the number for the store i wanted to call on my own, i just said forget it and left because it wasnt something i really wanted. also best buy is very picky about what they will/will not accept as part of the price match guarantee. it specifically states that they will not accept the match if the product at the lower price is part of a clearance and i dont think they are even obligated to call another store to check the price unless you have a flyer. very ymmv

I went in to Best Buy here and at first they asked for a flyer but then they just called over there. No problems at all. I went to FYE but they were sold out of course. No biggy. Can't wait to check it out today.

[quote name='demonlord6696']is it priced $19.99 or does it just ring up that way?[/quote]

At my local store there was a listing of the temporary price on the divider tab next to where the game should have been.

[quote name='von551']which FYE did you go to?[/quote]

Well i called the ones in Mission Valley and El Cajon and they don't even sell games.
I didn't even bother with the chula vista one because that one's too much out of my way.
So yea pretty much a bust in San Diego.

DEAL CONFIRMED in Erie, PA...game was tagged with a $19.99 SALE sticker on the outside of their plastic holder....

but I'm pretty sure I snagged the last copy...

Sorry to play the YMMV spoiler here but game was marked $49.99 for used copy and also RANG UP for $49.99 at Riverdale Utah FYE. I had to play the old I changed my mind because I thought it was on sale bit. I was pretty dissapointed as they had 3 used copies (no new though).

[quote name='OrngRubberDucky']Any idea on how long this may last?[/quote]At least one person has been told this runs through the 27th. At my store they seemed to think it as running for a couple of weeks.

[quote name='badhazard']hey jdawg what part of ga u from?[/QUOTE]Atlanta. You a GA CAG?

[quote name='guinaevere']I'll see if the one in Douglasville has it tomorrow. If it does, I'll pick it up for you. Although I was there last evening looking for NFS prostreet and I don't recall seeing any Bioshock copies. But I'll double check just in case. [/QUOTE]Awesome! Thanks guin, but I don't want you to go to too much trouble though. When Cumberland FYE stopped selling games, I was told there would only be two stores still carrying them. I could have sworn Douglasville still sold games, but when Pogo mentioned North Point, I thought that was the other FYE that still sold games. I could have made the trip to Douglasville last night. Oh well. So, are there any other FYEs in Atlanta that still sell games that I don't know about? Just a side note, the Discover Mills FYE had a ton of Prostreets, mostly used.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Sorry to play the YMMV spoiler here but game was marked $49.99 for used copy and also RANG UP for $49.99 at Riverdale Utah FYE. I had to play the old I changed my mind because I thought it was on sale bit. I was pretty dissapointed as they had 3 used copies (no new though).[/QUOTE]

It's for new copies, so of course the used isn't going to ring up $19.99. It seems there's nothing YMMV about this.

The FYE in Melbourne, FL doesn't even sell games, and that next closest one in Merritt Island 20 miles away doesn't have BioShock in stock, nor confirms the price.

As such, I'm shit out of luck getting it myself. If anyone's willing to help a fellow CAG, I'd be happy to buy a new copy off of you for $25-30. PM me if you're willing to help me out.

~HotShotX

I just called in springfield va. The employee is very knowledgeable, he even asked if I heard of the sale from "Cheapassgamer". He said he bought a copy himself and that noone was supposed to know about the sale. They only had one copy left but its on hold.

I called another FYE and they had them there for 19.99 as well. Its on hold for me. :)

Sale is only for 7 days.

bread's done
Back