Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

[quote name='dubbfoolio']added Sam Goody to the original post. I'll wait for some more confirmation that it's not YMMV before adding it to the title.[/QUOTE]

When I went into the Sam Goody in Dunn, NC to get mine, there were FYE tags all over the place.

You probably can get this deal at any Transworld Store (Transworld is the parent company that owns F.Y.E.): Sam Goody, F.Y.E., Suncoast and Coconuts which all sale video games.

I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

Edit: The BioShock trading thread wasn't deleted, it was only moved to the Trading subforum.

We've gotten a lot of buyers, but few sellers! Help us out guys! Major thanks to autche and Dezlen for passing along 4 copies to other CAGs.

~HotShotX

Checked the closest FYE to me and was thrilled to find a new copy case in the games section, but when I got to the front the cashier couldn't find any copies. :cry: He checked the computer and it said they were OOS, but he did say the sale was good till the 27th and told me to keep checking back for a new shipment.

[quote name='Aeaas']Checked the closest FYE to me and was thrilled to find a new copy case in the games section, but when I got to the front the cashier couldn't find any copies. :cry: He checked the computer and it said they were OOS, but he did say the sale was good till the 27th and told me to keep checking back for a new shipment.[/quote]

Nice! Maybe when FYE gets new shipments, can someone pick up an extra copy for fellow CAG's.

For those of you in the Northern Mass/Southern NH area, the Nashua FYE has two copies, but kid you not, they have no idea where they are in the store. An employee and I searched for about a half an hour since the system listed the 2 copies, finally I asked if I went to Best Buy if they'd confirm that they had a copy and confirm the price & they were nice enough to help.

So got it from Best Buy for 20 bucks with minimal fuss. I think Circuit City has the same policy though & I'd go there because it didn't look like Best Buy had many copies left.

I was told by an employee that my store would be getting a restock today and yet when I called today, I was notified that they were still out of stock. Has anyone had this happen and then went to the store to find out that they did actually have it in stock?

My local FYE was restocking today too and I called to see if it was in stock, but it wasn't. The person I spoke with wasn't really sure if they'd ever get more copies of the game in.

i haven't read the whole thread -- but I was in the mall yesterday and stopped into a FYE and saw 2 copies of bioshock. But they were marked $59.99. Do they ring up as $19.99 or do they need to be marked as such?

[quote name='conspiracy1989']damn i went to walmart and tried to have them call fye to verify the price and they told me they cant do that...:([/quote]

They lied to you because I have been to Walmart and had them call them to verify it was in stock....they were making up excuses but finally one called and verified a games price at Fry's. Best Buy told me recently they don't call anymore and you have to either have a paper ad or a copy of the flyer with price from the store....I call BS.

[quote name='daminion']i haven't read the whole thread -- but I was in the mall yesterday and stopped into a FYE and saw 2 copies of bioshock. But they were marked $59.99. Do they ring up as $19.99 or do they need to be marked as such?[/quote]

They probably won't be marked, but they should ring up $19.99

~HotShotX

[quote name='daminion']i haven't read the whole thread -- but I was in the mall yesterday and stopped into a FYE and saw 2 copies of bioshock. But they were marked $59.99. Do they ring up as $19.99 or do they need to be marked as such?[/quote]

Yeah they're still marked at that price because once the sale is over they'll go back to it. You have to get rung up to notice the sale I found since none of the employees seem to know about it.

OK I just confirmed that you can price match at Circuit City in the San Diego area. There's a Sam Goody downtown and the CC I went to just called them up and were able to p.m. their Bioshock sale price.

Asked employee to check the computer, and it showed 4 in stock. Of course they couldn't find any copies and told me to try back the next day. Sure...right.

This is the FYE in Torrance, CA.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']OK I just confirmed that you can price match at Circuit City in the San Diego area. There's a Sam Goody downtown and the CC I went to just called them up and were able to p.m. their Bioshock sale price.[/quote]

Holy crap, i'm gonna try this tomorrow at the CC on clairemont mesa.

man i called circuit city in my area three times yesterday and no one was available...i want to check if they price match so i dont show up at the store like walmart and they tell me no

I work at an FYE (one without games) and there was an email that said the the DC (distribution center) was out of stock of Bioshock. If the store doesn't have it in stock already the sale might end before any of them get it back in.

i went to CC and they wouldnt P.M cause they said their district manager said they do not P.M on software...-_-, then i went to BB and they wouldnt do it cause Fye didnt have any in stock. wtf...

Not sure on how long the sale is good for, but I picked up a copy of Bioshock at a FYE in Columbus, MS for $19.99, so it's still good as of 2/17. They had 3 copies that I saw, they may have had more tucked away.

Thanks CAG for the awesome deal!

pm'd for 2 more copies at best buy today with my previous recipt from fye. got lucky and had no problems whatsover. Copies are going to friends though so sorry guys.

cheers,
mike

If you are in the San Diego area and want to price match the game, go to the Encinitas Circuit City. The people there are really cool about p.m'ing stuff. I did it with the Vision Bundle for $40 and the 4GB Sandisk Pro Duo for $20 a while back. This is the place I p.m'ed the Bioshock so you should have no problems if you go to that store.

Have them call the Sam Goody downtown. There's a huge sign in front of Sam Goody's cash register for the Bioshock deal.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']If you are in the San Diego area and want to price match the game, go to the Encinitas Circuit City. The people there are really cool about p.m'ing stuff. I did it with the Vision Bundle for $40 and the 4GB Sandisk Pro Duo for $20 a while back. This is the place I p.m'ed the Bioshock so you should have no problems if you go to that store.

Have them call the Sam Goody downtown. There's a huge sign in front of Sam Goody's cash register for the Bioshock deal.[/quote]

What's the phone number of the Sam Goody you're talking about? I'm planning to try this tomorrow at the National City CC.

After checking the whole VA area stores, it seems almost every store has sold out of this, and for anyone asking for print ads, there never was one. This was an instore DSPC (daily saily price Change)

[quote name='HotShotX']Seconded. Come on guys, I keep seeing stories of how many of you are getting your copy for $20, but pass up on the extras to help distribute here to those who can't find it. Help out your fellow CAGs (you know, instead of ripping them off by trying to trade a now $20 game for a still $60 game).

Edit: The BioShock trading thread wasn't deleted, it was only moved to the Deal Discussion thread.

~HotShotX[/quote] BTW bought Madden for $25. Guess I wasnt trying to rip anyone off.

[quote name='zephie']What's the phone number of the Sam Goody you're talking about? I'm planning to try this tomorrow at the National City CC.[/QUOTE]

Sam Goody
(619) 233-0890

Horton Plaza
95 Horton Plz
San Diego, CA 92101-6144

The sign for Bioshock is right in front of their cash register on the wall by the video games. The sale is going on for 3 other games, two of which are $29.99 after a mail in rebate, but Bioshock and one other game (some football game I don't care to remember) don't require a mail in rebate.

Does anyone out here in CAG land have an extra copy of Bioshock for 360 they would like to sell to me? The nearest Sam Goody is 259 miles away and the nearest FYE is 82 miles away...

anyone wanna help me out? I live in colorado btw if that matters...please PM me or respond in here if you can and are willing to help me...

thank you

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Sam Goody
(619) 233-0890

Horton Plaza
95 Horton Plz
San Diego, CA 92101-6144

The sign for Bioshock is right in front of their cash register on the wall by the video games. The sale is going on for 3 other games, two of which are $29.99 after a mail in rebate, but Bioshock and one other game (some football game I don't care to remember) don't require a mail in rebate.[/quote]Any chance you can remember what football game or at least the system it's for?

[quote name='RobbedThomas']any luck for anyone in Houston? i went to 3 FYE's and nothing.[/quote]

yea i got mine at katy mills mall,are you anywhere near there?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Any chance you can remember what football game or at least the system it's for?[/QUOTE]

All the games were for the 360 and the football game was All-Pro Football 2K8.
I think the $29.99 games with a mail in rebate were Thrillville and something else. To be honest, I think marketing screwed up and Bioshock was supposed to be $29.99 with the MIR. I only rented Bioshock before and can't believe I got it for this price.

[quote name='DaIllOne']Does anyone out here in CAG land have an extra copy of Bioshock for 360 they would like to sell to me? The nearest Sam Goody is 259 miles away and the nearest FYE is 82 miles away...

anyone wanna help me out? I live in colorado btw if that matters...please PM me or respond in here if you can and are willing to help me...

thank you[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can do it for you on my way home from work.

everyone saying that there are no fye's in the chicago area that sell games are wrong... the one in woodfield mall does. went there today tho and they said it was on sale (didnt give me a price tho) but it was out of stock.

[quote name='Calles89']About Houston, I went to Katy Mills two days ago and they didn't have any.[/quote]

What about Willowbrook?

bread's done
Back