Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

I'm not so sure this sale is exclusive to Bioshock because aren't many FYE's liquidating ALL of their New Video game stock and just strictly selling used? I was in an FYE yesterday and all of their new games were being liquidated at 50% off. So while it's obviously a great price for Bioshock, you could get a lot of great deals at FYE if your store is participating in this.

Is there a flyer/ad anywhere that has the 20$ price for bioshock listed? I bet the local best buy around my college would possibly have copies...they tend to have some older, harder to find games, every time I look.

Just picked up a copy at my FYE at the Cumberland Mall in Vineland/Millville NJ.

Was the last copy. Girl at the counter was pissed when she saw how much it came up lol.

[quote name='mva5580']I'm not so sure this sale is exclusive to Bioshock because aren't many FYE's liquidating ALL of their New Video game stock and just strictly selling used? I was in an FYE yesterday and all of their new games were being liquidated at 50% off. So while it's obviously a great price for Bioshock, you could get a lot of great deals at FYE if your store is participating in this.[/quote]This is a seperate sale good at all FYEs not just liquidating ones. In fact, people have reported getting Bioshock for 10 at those selling off at 50% off.

Is there a flyer/ad anywhere that has the 20$ price for bioshock listed? I bet the local best buy around my college would possibly have copies...they tend to have some older, harder to find games, every time I look.
There is no printed flyer for this. Bioshock seems to be available in large amounts at every store except FYE.

[quote name='flop']Does samgoody doing a 50% off also? or is it just some FYE's?[/quote]People have reported the deal is good at other stores in the same corporate umbrella including SamGoody and Suncoast.

i just picked up a copy for 19.99 .
i believe it depends on the manager or the workers.
they got the shippments today. you guys should check it out

Got a copy for 19.99 tonight finally. It was refreshing to call them, have the sales associate tell me its instock, then actually go and look for the copies they hadn't found for weeks since i wanted to know the price.

Heads up, most of the stores should be receiving these back in stock this week, and the deal should still be good nationally. I just got 2 back in stock at my store.

finally found it! the clerk gave me a break though he was going to snag it for himself, but he'll get first dibs on the next shipment.

also what is this deal with rockband?

every store in the worcester, ma is sold out. was on hold with one store said they had 1 new for $20 and 2 used for $17.99, then they apologized and said they searched bionicle heroes instead :whistle2:#

Is the sale even going on still? The FYE where I got my Bioshock finally got rid of all of their games, everything that was on sale and all the new games that were on the shelves.

My local store shows no sign of getting rid of their games. Is there any chance that this is only applicable to stores that are doing so? I'm trying to find an explanation for the $59.99 scanned price at my store.

[quote name='NTolerance']My local store shows no sign of getting rid of their games. Is there any chance that this is only applicable to stores that are doing so? I'm trying to find an explanation for the $59.99 scanned price at my store.[/quote]

The store where I got mine is no longer taking trade-ins on games. However, they don't seem to be getting rid of all their games.

if u guys find an employee thats cool enough, like the one i dealt with, that told me that since i was looking for the deal when it was OOS, that he would honor the price when they got more in, even if the sale had ended..i didnt have to test him on his word since the sale was still on when they finally came in...wouldnt hurt to try, plus i was a first time shopper at FYE, seeing i purchase most my games at BB.

better yet, im 90% sure if u printed off my receipt and whited out the address, u could take it 2 any store that does price matching and get it without any hassle

2304301300_44a5103581_b.jpg
[/quote]

thats a good idea, the only problem I might see is if they look at the date, cause it says saturday and they might say something like, "oh that must have been a weekly sale" but I think I'll try that

[quote name='reko8']thats a good idea, the only problem I might see is if they look at the date, cause it says saturday and they might say something like, "oh that must have been a weekly sale" but I think I'll try that[/quote]

Just point out that it says "MONTHLY SPECIALS"

I know im still a Noob here, and not sure if i should actually make a new thread for this but for the past week since i became a member, ive spent many of hours reading through several 100 pages of posts mostly on 360 games and Dvd's.

What I'm curious about is seeing that most of the time during the sale, that the stores become OOS in multiple locations, and people are calling/driving all around their city's and surrounding areas on a small hope that they might actually get lucky and nab one. Such as the case in this instance, and only then maybe being able to pick up 1 or 2 copies.

Just curious since if its an advertised special somewhere, PM stores will usually call and check if its in stock at that other store, so what im wondering is y more CAG's dont utilize my suggestion (and maybe its been mentioned or done b4, sorry didnt search) and post good quality scanned receipts (never had a PM store call the other store if i walked in with a receipt) as soon as someone is able to jump on the deal. That way if were to sell out, another person could go into any other store in their area that does PM and have them honor the deal. and pick say 5 copies instead of none or maybe the last copy on the shelf at the sale store.

really in most cases the only issue i c is that the receipt prob wont match the city or state that your in, but i highly doubt that most PM stores would look at the receipt close enough 2 notice or care.. or maybe even photoshop or white out the address completely, so only the store name is visible. anyone with a little knowledge could do this easly in a matter of minutes.

I just figured it might increase the amoung of CAG's that actually are able to get in on the deal's, rather than getting frustrated of always being "a day late or a dollar short"

Hell it cant be any worse than people getting a killer deal somewhere else and going into walmart without a receipt and getting full value, and then buying the game of there choice for essentialy the sale price of the unwanted game that was on sale, i have not tried that one yet, but since i'm now an official CAG, i just might have to give that one a whirl.

P.S.
MOD'S feel free to move this post if it is incorrectly placed in the wrong location.

original
with ADDRESS
2304301300_44a5103581_b.jpg

Remake WITHOUT ADDRESS

2311519762_af5137ccda_b.jpg

I hope this is of some help.

So, I just came back from FYE with a co-worker who was looking for this deal. They didn't have any more copies of Bioshock, except one used that was marked $49.99. After asking an employee who had no idea what we were talking about, we went to lunch, came back and asked a different employee who knew what was up. He said that the used one is still $49.99 even though the new one was $19.99. While we were leaving, we looked around a bit more then he tracked us down and said that he cleared it with his supervisor to sell it for the $19.99 price.

So, it can be done. It was nice of him to go out of his way to find us and let us get it for the sale price.

As a side note, this particular FYE had a sale for Buy 2, get 1 50% off. Don't know if that's already been reported.

Its wierd that people keep saying this is over, I keep checking the system daily and notice that this should still be good till the middle of March. The clerks are honestly ripping off any of you who find copies and are being told its full price.

[quote name='Oswald9599']Its wierd that people keep saying this is over, I keep checking the system daily and notice that this should still be good till the middle of March. The clerks are honestly ripping off any of you who find copies and are being told its full price.[/QUOTE]

Price came up at $59.99 for me nearly the moment the cashier scanned it. How long does it take to override the price at the register?

Didn't find any Bioshocks at FYE Riverdale Ut. However they did have Gamecubes on clearance at the front of the store for $99 and PSones on clearance for $49. what a bargain :(

just came back from fye at katy mills mall & they had two copies left to anyone in the Houston area still lookin for it

[quote name='NTolerance']Price came up at $59.99 for me nearly the moment the cashier scanned it. How long does it take to override the price at the register?[/quote]Did you see it on screen? Maybe the clerk wanted the last copy and lied about what it rang up as?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did you see it on screen? Maybe the clerk wanted the last copy and lied about what it rang up as?[/QUOTE]

Definitely saw it on the screen. :cry:

i dont see why not....thats why i posted it here, make sure u print out the one without the address though, would prob have better luck, let me know if it works and ill continue posting receipts from my upcoming deals

best buy doesnt price match competitors, only their web site or other best buy stores. circuit city price matches as long as the competitor has it in stock.

[quote name='reko8']best buy doesnt price match competitors, only their web site or other best buy stores. circuit city price matches as long as the competitor has it in stock.[/quote]

wow wonder what those employee's are smoking, ive been price matching at BB for 8 yrs with not 1 problem, as long as they are local competitors *same city*

[quote name='CardSHARK4Life']wow wonder what those employee's are smoking, ive been price matching at BB for 8 yrs with not 1 problem, as long as they are local competitors *same city*[/QUOTE]

Same here. They sometimes check to make sure a competitor has an item in stock.

just got me the last one there but they said they've been selling all week and expect more. now just gotta wait til Micro$oft lowers the price on the 360 so I can play it

[quote name='NTolerance']Definitely saw it on the screen. :cry:[/quote]
It takes all of 2 button pushes to override a price

[quote name='reko8']best buy doesnt price match competitors, only their web site or other best buy stores. circuit city price matches as long as the competitor has it in stock.[/quote]

What are you talking about? They may not pm from receipts, but should pm from a store flyer. Sounds like your BB is just run by Nazis.

yeah they probably do pm fine. thats what I got from their web site though. I enver go to bb cause its too far away anyways

bread's done
Back