Bioshock for PC $10 at Circuit City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was interested in getting this until I read about all of the SecuRom BS they included in the PC version.

For $10 I can handle the SecuRom. At this price I don't need to be able to install it to an unlimited number of computers or be able to sell it used.

[quote name='Kerig']I was interested in getting this until I read about all of the SecuRom BS they included in the PC version.[/quote]
If you go to the BioShock website, you can get a tool that lets you install and uninstall unlimited times now.

This is super hot. I paid $40 and it was worth every penny. Every PC gamer should own Bioshock. Play it in the dark with headphones and your life will never be the same ;)

OK here is a question, the web page displays a games for windows copy, I am an avid steam user. Will this work under steam? or will have have to install games for windows BS?

Still under SECur ROM Boycott I will not break my principles and morals for a cheap $10 game.

Remember gamers SEcurROm boycott has not been called off.

[quote name='jam3d']OK here is a question, the web page displays a games for windows copy, I am an avid steam user. Will this work under steam? or will have have to install games for windows BS?[/QUOTE]

you can not add this cd key to steam, however you can add it to your steam list of games so you can still message your steam friends while playing.
as for having to install GFW, i don't know.

[quote name='Vegan']I hate it when serial numbers for games that are sold on Steam aren't recognized by Steam.[/quote]
It's one thing for Valve games, where they are getting money no matter where it's sold from, but why in the world would they support games that were bought from their direct competition (retail stores)? The only way that would work is if all the games publishers paid a Steam fee for every game sold - in other words, raise PC games prices for everybody, whether they use Steam or not...

[quote name='jam3d']OK here is a question, the web page displays a games for windows copy, I am an avid steam user. Will this work under steam? or will have have to install games for windows BS?[/quote]
Games for Windows is simply saying that the game has met certain requirements to function on a PC.

• An "Easy Install" option that installs the title on your PC in the fewest possible steps and mouse clicks
  • An icon and associated information installs into the Windows Vista Games Explorer
  • Compatibility with the Xbox 360 common controller (where applicable)
  • Installs and runs properly on x64 versions of Windows Vista and is compatible with 64-bit processors (though the game itself can be 32-bit)
  • Supports normal and widescreen resolutions, such as 4:3 aspect ratio (800 x 600), 16:9 aspect ratio (1280 x 720), and 16:10 aspect ratio (1152 x 720)
  • *Multi-core and multi-threading support
  • Media Center support (Windows Vista Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate will have Media Center)

Games for Windows LIVE however uses Microsoft's service for online play, which is mildly similar to Steam but not really. Personally I am not a fan of LIVE, as it has never worked that great for me.

[quote name='Ice Cold']Still under SECur ROM Boycott I will not break my principles and morals for a cheap $10 game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if it lacked activation but still had Securom as a disc check I'd probably go for it, but I'm not buying it with activation. Especially not when it's available for two other platforms without it and runs fine on them.

[quote name='Ice Cold']Still under SECur ROM Boycott I will not break my principles and morals for a cheap $10 game.

Remember gamers SEcurROm boycott has not been called off.[/quote]

Do you really boycott every single game with Securom? If so you're boycotting probably half of all PC games released in the last decade and might as well give up PC gaming.

If you're boycotting Securom v7 w/ activation, that's your choice, but since the install limits have been removed on Bioshock it's no longer any more intrusive than other forms of Securom.

[quote name='Ice Cold']Still under SECur ROM Boycott I will not break my principles and morals for a cheap $10 game.

Remember gamers SEcurROm boycott has not been called off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='faceless007']Do you really boycott every single game with Securom? If so you're boycotting probably half of all PC games released in the last decade and might as well give up PC gaming.

If you're boycotting Securom v7 w/ activation, that's your choice, but since the install limits have been removed on Bioshock it's no longer any more intrusive than other forms of Securom.[/QUOTE]

It's far more intrusive than something just doing a disc check, as you don't own it. I imagine he/she was just talking about boycotting stuff with activation, which is something we should all be doing-at least certainly when it's remotely full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back