Bioshock Infinite Announced

Burial at Sea = SOooo good!

Can't wait for Part Two.
I wanted to love. I really really did, but I think it was just okay.

I have a few story complaints and game complains.

As for the game:

I just found like it wasn't enough. Only the one new type of splicer, not enough little sisters or Big Daddies, etc. Not enough Bioshock to warrant 15 bucks.

The sky hook felt out of place.

The tear powers just pop up out of no where pretty much and this Booker seems to have no problem with that and immediately goes with it.

Story wise:

I felt kind of cheated after playing with Elizabeth the whole time just to have her let you die. Why didn't she just kill you first thing in the game? Why save you, help you, give you med kits, work with you, just to betray you at the end.

Also - I felt that this Booker/Comstock wasn't that bad. Yeah he was being bad but after his Elizabeth was decapitated in the portal incident he was overcome with guilt, got his mindwiped and went to Rapture. Even though he is an acloholic gambler, he still tried to save an orphan girl and felt horrible about what happend to her when he lost her. Risks his life to try and save her and bring her back.

Also - this Booker/Comstock shouldn't have AD on his hand. Since he never had an Anna.

Well I bought the Season Pass for $20 when the game launched to get in on the Early Bird bonuses. Well I'd say you've only played half of it so keep that in check with your impressions.

Elizabeth wants to torture Comstock, since she was held prisoner pretty much by him, by letting him realize it, she's probably looking to see his expression on his face when he finds out. It's also a video game so yeah supplying the player ammo or health can't go away

I played Bioshock Infinite like 10 months ago.  Then I got tired of holding onto it and sold it.  Once the Buried at Sea DLC came I wasn't about to buy it again.  Later the game was free with PS+ so I might buy the DLC packs in a year or two when they're super cheap.  Otherwise I don't give a shit, I thought the game was the weakest of the three.

Well thank you for telling us you don't give a shit.

storm-troopers%2Bmove%2Balong.jpg

Damn, I guess that they shut down because I (and many others) didn't buy the DLC. It is expensive
20 bucks for two dlc which come close to 6 hour sof extra gameplay lol people pay 15 dollers for 4 mp maps in call of booty.

will be honest im not shocked about this infinte was their first game out since first bioshock. this has nothing to do with money seems like they just wanted to move on to other projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 bucks for two dlc which come close to 6 hour sof extra gameplay lol people pay 15 dollers for 4 mp maps in call of booty.

will be honest im not shocked about this infinte was their first game out since first bioshock. this has nothing to do with money seems like they just wanted to move on to other projects.
Last I checked they were $15 a pop. Way too much.

bioshock season pass is 19.99 includes all dlc
Yeah I looked it up after posting that. I couldn't care less about the multiplayer stuff since I don't play multiplayer games. That leaves the single player DLC's of which the second one doesn't even come out until next year. This is what happens when they start the DLC after the game launches. It ruined their studio. A whole year for 2 fucking DLC packs. No one will ever wait to start development again no matter how loud the complaints are from gamers.

I don't generally look into season passes because they're typically a bunch of map packs. Plus I'm always concerned that all the promised DLC won't be made. Basically I see no reason to buy a season pass until the whole season is over and at that point, unless I've finished my backlog, it almost makes sense to wait another 6 months and get everything on sale.

I had actually completed most of the games I was interested in so I switched to Bully on Xbox 360 that I bought the download for last year sometime (for cheap). I got about 1/3 the way through it and it's made my 360 freeze so many times that I've just fucking given up on it. It would be one thing if the game autosaved so I didn't lose all that progress but after playing for 2 hours then having it freeze on me yet again and because I didn't even think of saving, I'm done. This would be the time for me to move on to something else, possibly buried at sea but I just got "Remember Me" free on PS+ and I've got Saints Row 4 coming in the mail from Best Buy this week.

Yeah I looked it up after posting that. I couldn't care less about the multiplayer stuff since I don't play multiplayer games. That leaves the single player DLC's of which the second one doesn't even come out until next year. This is what happens when they start the DLC after the game launches. It ruined their studio. A whole year for 2 fucking DLC packs. No one will ever wait to start development again no matter how loud the complaints are from gamers.

I don't generally look into season passes because they're typically a bunch of map packs. Plus I'm always concerned that all the promised DLC won't be made. Basically I see no reason to buy a season pass until the whole season is over and at that point, unless I've finished my backlog, it almost makes sense to wait another 6 months and get everything on sale.

I had actually completed most of the games I was interested in so I switched to Bully on Xbox 360 that I bought the download for last year sometime (for cheap). I got about 1/3 the way through it and it's made my 360 freeze so many times that I've just fucking given up on it. It would be one thing if the game autosaved so I didn't lose all that progress but after playing for 2 hours then having it freeze on me yet again and because I didn't even think of saving, I'm done. This would be the time for me to move on to something else, possibly buried at sea but I just got "Remember Me" free on PS+ and I've got Saints Row 4 coming in the mail from Best Buy this week.
how did it destroy studio? looks like they split up to move on to new projects not they ran out of money. what about the maker of the walking dead eposide game tat thing goes on for couple months. bioshock dlc should pretty well and still getting hype. the 2nd dlc is out late march not next year. Once again you bash stuff because you don't like it. you shit on more topics on this website then i do.

how did it destroy studio? looks like they split up to move on to new projects not they ran out of money. what about the maker of the walking dead eposide game tat thing goes on for couple months. bioshock dlc should pretty well and still getting hype. the 2nd dlc is out late march not next year. Once again you bash stuff because you don't like it. you shit on more topics on this website then i do.
Who said I don't like it? I thought Bioshock Infinite was fine and I've never once said I didn't like it. You're just making shit up to justify your position that EVERYTHING I post is me shitting on topics. No, they took a full year from the release of their base game to the point they're putting out episode 2. That's a long fucking time for them to get $20. And no, there's no way that studio would be shutting down if the game had been wildly successful and they made massive amounts of money on the DLC. So according to you, I shit on everything. According to me, you say every pile of shit tastes like sugar as long as it's Xbox related. I'd rather be truthful than a goddamn company shill - even on my time off.

I wonder how many Xbox first party games/exclusives you thought were shit?

Please answer the question.

And no one is disagreeing with you, despite your previous claim otherwise.
last gen ps3 had better exlusives then xbox i have said that many times. i enjoyed halo 3 after then it went to the tubes and for me best gears game was 1 rest sucked. once again im not a legit ms fan boy like people think but i do have issues when people shit on a product because it's the cool thing to do. I enjoy my xbox one alot like im sure will be the same with the ps4 once i get it in march.

oh and so far this gen ryse was pretty awful but enjoyed forza 5 and dr3 also k.i is pretty good.

It really sounded like Ken wanted to focus on storytelling, instead of spending millions developing a pretty game. I see no problems with that. Not every great game has to be AAA budget.

Who said I don't like it? I thought Bioshock Infinite was fine and I've never once said I didn't like it. You're just making shit up to justify your position that EVERYTHING I post is me shitting on topics. No, they took a full year from the release of their base game to the point they're putting out episode 2. That's a long fucking time for them to get $20. And no, there's no way that studio would be shutting down if the game had been wildly successful and they made massive amounts of money on the DLC. So according to you, I shit on everything. According to me, you say every pile of shit tastes like sugar as long as it's Xbox related. I'd rather be truthful than a goddamn company shill - even on my time off.

I wonder how many Xbox first party games/exclusives you thought were shit?
Lets fact check your post and I'll add some of my own personal opinions here.

1. There is no mulitplayer in Bioshock Infinite so good try there. Clash in the Clouds is a wave based DLC similar to those game modes seen in Gears or Call of Duty, but you play by yourself. So that's wrong.

2. The DLC does not come out next year. It comes out in March. You already corrected yourself in this post, but still that was wrong originally.

3. You complain that they waited too long to start the DLC and you complain that they took too long to release the second pack. I can bet that if they announced the DLC before release or that is was coming out soon after release people, including yourself, would bitch in some manner like this (OMG they are just releasing content that should have been in the game in the first place!!!!). It happens all the time with every game that does that. How could they have started the DLC before launch? I would rather the whole team work on the final game and make sure it is perfect before working on DLC. They built almost 8 hours worth of content in a whole new environment. These weren't just some map packs like a COD game. They take time to make and perfect. Or they could risk sending it out to another studio. Ken Levine doesn't do that. He has a vision for his games. He wants control over them. That's why it took so long for him to release Infinite. He wanted nothing to do with Bioshock 2 and he stayed away from it.

4. You say the DLC ruined the studio. Yes the DLC ruined the studio that released some of the highest rated games of all times. It destroyed a studio that has sold 4 million copies of their last two games. Two games that were rated as one of the top games in each respective generation. Lets not forget they also released System Shock 1 and 2. But those things aren't important. You think 2K decided to shut down one of their best studios (besides their GTA studios) because DLC didn't sell well. Clearly it had nothing to do with Ken Levine not wanting to make Bioshock games anymore and wanting to move on to smaller games. Even though that's what he said directly (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/18/layoffs-cutting-irrational-games-down-to-a-team-of-15/).%C2

John Carmack left ID software to make games on the Occulus Rift as well as cell phone games. Cliffy B left Epic games because he didn't want to make the same games over and over. These things happen. Great game developers leave big companies for smaller studios

Lets fact check your post and I'll add some of my own personal opinions here.

1. There is no mulitplayer in Bioshock Infinite so good try there. Clash in the Clouds is a wave based DLC similar to those game modes seen in Gears or Call of Duty, but you play by yourself. So that's wrong.

2. The DLC does not come out next year. It comes out in March. You already corrected yourself in this post, but still that was wrong originally.

3. You complain that they waited too long to start the DLC and you complain that they took too long to release the second pack. I can bet that if they announced the DLC before release or that is was coming out soon after release people, including yourself, would bitch in some manner like this (OMG they are just releasing content that should have been in the game in the first place!!!!). It happens all the time with every game that does that. How could they have started the DLC before launch? I would rather the whole team work on the final game and make sure it is perfect before working on DLC. They built almost 8 hours worth of content in a whole new environment. These weren't just some map packs like a COD game. They take time to make and perfect. Or they could risk sending it out to another studio. Ken Levine doesn't do that. He has a vision for his games. He wants control over them. That's why it took so long for him to release Infinite. He wanted nothing to do with Bioshock 2 and he stayed away from it.

4. You say the DLC ruined the studio. Yes the DLC ruined the studio that released some of the highest rated games of all times. It destroyed a studio that has sold 4 million copies of their last two games. Two games that were rated as one of the top games in each respective generation. Lets not forget they also released System Shock 1 and 2. But those things aren't important. You think 2K decided to shut down one of their best studios (besides their GTA studios) because DLC didn't sell well. Clearly it had nothing to do with Ken Levine not wanting to make Bioshock games anymore and wanting to move on to smaller games. Even though that's what he said directly (

John Carmack left ID software to make games on the Occulus Rift as well as cell phone games. Cliffy B left Epic games because he didn't want to make the same games over and over. These things happen. Great game developers leave big companies for smaller studios
Wow, angry much? The studio is shutting down because sales were bad. Period.

The game sold 4 million copies, which is good, but not good enough for a game that went through 6 years of development hell, and had all kinds of ideas and assets that were scrapped and redone because of Levine's changing vision. It still lost money despite the great reviews and sales. Pretty much that simple.

Personally I loved Infinite. But my favorite game in the series is still BioShock 2 (I'm weird like that) and this makes me wonder/hope if 2K will now "play it safe" with another sequel continuing the Rapture storyline.

The game sold 4 million copies, which is good, but not good enough for a game that went through 6 years of development hell, and had all kinds of ideas and assets that were scrapped and redone because of Levine's changing vision. It still lost money despite the great reviews and sales. Pretty much that simple.

Personally I loved Infinite. But my favorite game in the series is still BioShock 2 (I'm weird like that) and this makes me wonder/hope if 2K will now "play it safe" with another sequel continuing the Rapture storyline.
Mmm. I didn't want Bioshock 2 when it was announced. I was like oh man, the first game was perfect, they can't sequel-ize this! Then I played Bioshock 2, I'm home. The Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2, also very good. I never really played Bioshock 2's multiplayer, to me Bioshock was always a solo experience.

I'm really looking forward to Burial at Sea 2.  That size of a download must mean there is a good size chunk of playable and cinematic content.  Seeing as this is our last hurrah with Irrational, the bigger the better. 

Apparently Season Pass users on the 360 couldn't download it but it's fixed now according to a tweet by Irrational Games. I'm about to plop in the game disc, so excite!

I'm guessing, since Ep2 is 2.91 GB in total that the 6 - 10 GB reference was for all the DLC. OK, now that makes a bit more sense.

Btw, I had downloaded Part 1 and 2 of Ep 2 but it didn't register in the game. A simple back to dash and start up the game fixed that, if anyone had that problem.

Update: I'm Batma... I mean Elizabeth.  :razz: Love sneaking around and I love the setting. I stopped playing because I didn't want to beat it in one sitting haha but yeah this DLC is good.

FYI: Raptr claimed I played 2 sessions of Bioshock Infinite yesterday, probably because I had to quit out and start the game over to recognize the DLC.

The first 2 hours were probably mostly downloading the DLC.

The second 4 hours was probably how long I spent with the DLC yesterday.

4 hours? That's certainly more substantial than the 1.5 hours of Episode 1.

I played maybe 45 minutes or an hour yesterday... Can't say I'm enjoying the sneaking that much. Sneaking just isn't really my thing. Does it get more action-y later on or is the whole thing like that?

4 hours? That's certainly more substantial than the 1.5 hours of Episode 1.

I played maybe 45 minutes or an hour yesterday... Can't say I'm enjoying the sneaking that much. Sneaking just isn't really my thing. Does it get more action-y later on or is the whole thing like that?
Oh the combat sequences ramp up a lot and you could go in all action-y with a plan. Most of my kills were sneaking and meleeing just because it's so much more satisfying to do the one hit kill and enemies move erratically, aiming in this game COULD be better-plus ammo counters are super low. Combat was never Bioshock Infinite's strong suit so yeah I tended to the shadows, vents and what not (so your game time might be faster than mine/I wanted to soak it all in). Really cool that they added in the mini game with the locks that let you 1) disarm them, 2) gain a noise maker or 3) set off the alarm. There's also broken glass near the end where you have to watch your step or the enemies will hear you, works like the water pools from earlier section.

Mmmm, bittersweet ending. I'd say I took 2 hours tonight but I was trying to look for all the secrets and still missed the audio entries achievement. Damn the game's DLC actually reminded me of a lot of Deus Ex: Human Revolution gameplay. Elizabeth is a fragile creature so don't expect to go toe to toe with some foes.

Overall I liked it a lot, very atmospheric (as usual) and creepy/scary in some parts. It was a good mix of being sneaky but without punishing you for shooting the place up once in a while.

I wasn't super fond of the ending, it was very cool but in a way it felt a little too predictable and neat. I was waiting for the curveball but one never came and it stayed pretty straightforward. I have to say I preferred the "big messy explosion of WTF" endings in the main game and Episode 1. :lol: Still good though.

Maybe someone can refresh my memory, who exactly was Sally? It's been a while since Episode 1 and I forgot why she's so important to Elizabeth.

I just finished burial at sea part 2 and i liked the DLC. The ending was okay. Dont want to spoil anything though. Part of me loves this series, but part of me just gets confused on the whole story lol. The DLC as a whole didnt really bring back those feelings i got with the first bioshock game. I was really hoping to feel that too when i read they were returning to rapture.

Yeah i dont get the whole sally thing....

Why is she so important? I read her wiki page and she just sounds like some orphan that dewitt got close to and lost. Like all the events involving Booker, Elizabeth, and Jack are all because of this girl that doesnt seem to be that important. IDK maybe someone could explain it better.

I just finished burial at sea part 2 and i liked the DLC. The ending was okay. Dont want to spoil anything though. Part of me loves this series, but part of me just gets confused on the whole story lol. The DLC as a whole didnt really bring back those feelings i got with the first bioshock game. I was really hoping to feel that too when i read they were returning to rapture.

Yeah i dont get the whole sally thing....

Why is she so important? I read her wiki page and she just sounds like some orphan that dewitt got close to and lost. Like all the events involving Booker, Elizabeth, and Jack are all because of this girl that doesnt seem to be that important. IDK maybe someone could explain it better.
Sally is essentially the lynch pin/keystone/etc that holds the entire BioShock universe together. It was Booker/Comstock's (and later Elizabeth's) attachment to the girl that sets in motion the events that will lead into the first game. I especially loved that you walked in on Suchong's death.

bread's done
Back