Bioshock Infinite Announced

[quote name='Jimmienoman']
how does booker dying AFTER the baby being born affect the baby (Elizabeth) being alive?
[/QUOTE]
It stops Anna from becoming Elizabeth since their is not comstock to take her, therefor there is no Elizabeth to kill comstock.
[quote name='Spybreak8']
It just hasn't happened yet in the other timeline, not the fact that there is no Booker because
What's different than the time traveler's paradox is that this game deals with the multiverse so there's an infinite amount of possibilities. There's no true black and white, only shades of grey. In all regards future DLC could be ANYTHING.
[/QUOTE]
Yes but the whole point was to kill comstock in such a way that no comstock exists in any of the infinite universes(which is absurd to begin with), the fact that you supposedly succeeds means there are also now no Elizabeths to kill comstock in any of the universe, still leaving a paradox or meaning you have a timeline A multiverse and a timeline B multiverse.

[quote name='itachiitachi']
It stops Anna from becoming Elizabeth since their is not comstock to take her, therefor there is no Elizabeth to kill comstock.

Yes but the whole point was to kill comstock in such a way that no comstock exists in any of the infinite universes(which is absurd to begin with), the fact that you supposedly succeeds means there are also now no Elizabeths to kill comstock in any of the universe, still leaving a paradox or meaning you have a timeline A multiverse and a timeline B multiverse.
[/QUOTE]

This is why I hated the correction you showed me. I originally thought that we were playing through the "first" time travel. I say first time travel as once you complete it, then the time would flow as you said it would (no Elizabeth etc). Basically once it was completed once it would be if it never happened at all.

I originally thought that an alternate dimension Comstock took Anna because of some reason (she died in his world, they never had her, because he wanted her powers, he failed at experimenting on his worlds Elizabeth, he couldn't convert his worlds Elizabeth to his "pawn" so to speak etc). This lead Booker down a road of depression/self loathing which led him to being baptized. His baptism was an event that was present in every universe, thus creating a link so to speak. Of course in some universes he was baptized and became Comstock. Then in others he wasn't. But given that Baptism was a sense of time convergence of every Comstock/Booker that by him dying at that exact point would then kill off every other Booker at that exact time as all timelines converged at that one moment then later split again depending on his decisions.

Again this is how I thought before I knew Anna was born after the baptism, This would allow Anna to be born and prevent Comstock from ever come to fruition. This wrapped up the story nicely in my mind (of course with some sci-fi liberal thinking). But all lose ends were tied on the main story plot.

This all came tumbling when you showed me that Anna was born after the baptism.

[quote name='Duminakan89']What is your favorite vigor to use and or upgrade in Bioshock Infinite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaK8rndNn9M&feature=youtu.be[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']I was a big fan of Bucking Bronco, as well as Devil's Kiss. Undertow came in handy towards the end of the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nevergonnagive2']I used undertow the most. Loved knocking the enemies off of the map[/QUOTE]

The only ones I used were possession early on for all the early turrets, crows only on firemen and handymen, and shock/devil's kiss the vast majority of the time. Never even touched the other 4.

Repost of what I posted in the deals forum about what you get currently with the season pass:

"You get a set of 4 pieces of Gear that are more powerful than the similar versions you can find in the game, you get your pistol and machine gun golden skinned and they start with a 33% damage boost, where normally the boosts you can buy are 25%, and you get 5 infusion bottles to increase your health, shield, or salt (mana) pool and are the only way to increase all 3 pools to their max amount as there's only 25 in the main game and each attribute can be boosted 10 times.

Also it allows you to miss up to 5 of the Infusion bottles in the main game and still get the achievement for getting all 25 infusion bottles.

You have to buy the pass before you start the game as you get the bonuses in a bar you arrive in within the first hour of gameplay and those bonuses (minus the guns) only appear in that room and once you leave the room you can't go back. They are available in every playthrough you do of the game, which is a big help for playing it on any combination of Hard or 1999 mode."

Yeah that's so odd to see these developers keeping with a separate and final checkpoint of where you can access your goods for buying into their service. Here with Bioshock Infinite you are confined with the bar scene, in Fable III you were confined to opening a chest in again an early on scene. Later the Fable chest was patched but it just strikes me as odd to not allow the player to get the goods if say they picked up the Season Pass either half way through the playthrough or close to the end of the game as they were enjoying the game and got positive vibes for its future.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah that's so odd to see these developers keeping with a separate and final checkpoint of where you can access your goods for buying into their service. Here with Bioshock Infinite you are confined with the bar scene, in Fable III you were confined to opening a chest in again an early on scene. Later the Fable chest was patched but it just strikes me as odd to not allow the player to get the goods if say they picked up the Season Pass either half way through the playthrough or close to the end of the game as they were enjoying the game and got positive vibes for its future.[/QUOTE]

Luckily infinite is pretty short.

[quote name='Spybreak8']How so the game took me about 13 hours.[/QUOTE]

I meant pretty short compared to Fable 3, if you try to do everything in both.

I really wish this game had some mechanism that let you see what all voxphones and sightseer stuff you haven't acquired/looked through. It kind of sucks trying to track down the last few items that I have not found in the game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I really wish this game had some mechanism that let you see what all voxphones and sightseer stuff you haven't acquired/looked through. It kind of sucks trying to track down the last few items that I have not found in the game.[/QUOTE]

Well I do not think the sightseer stuff is in the menu but all your voxphones that you have collected are there. If you want to take the time you can use this guide.

http://www.mlwgames.com/bioshock-infinite/voxophone-eavesdropper

It allows you to check off the ones you have found from the menu and then you can figure out which ones you have left. I could not believe I missed 5 of them on my playthrough. I was so OCD that it sometimes made playing a little boring. I am looking forward to doing the 1999 mode without being so crazy looking through everything (nah I most likely will anyway).

Two things:

1) Winter Coat Gear is pretty much god mode as long as there are hooks and sky lines around.

2)My favorite combo was a fully upgraded Charge vigor with:
-Burning Halo Hat (70% chance that a melee target will be lit on fire, causing 300 points of damage for 4 seconds)
-Blood to Salts Shirt (killing an enemy results a 40% chance of receiving Salts back.)
-Brittle Skin Pants (Melee targets briefly vulnerable. Victim takes 2x damage for 5 seconds.)
-Vampire's Embrace Boots (Gives Health to the player when an enemy is killed by a melee attack.)

With an upgrades charge it has explosive damage also AND a shield recharge after you hit a person. It was like having unlimited Charge with explosions and fire from everywhere. Some say Overkill is better in the boots but I did not try (Killing with excessive damage stuns nearby enemies) since I like the health buff was getting.

I also used the shotgun and hand cannon after the charge.

Finally beat the game a little while ago and loved it. For people that have played both...did you like the original Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite more?

I think they are very different experiences. I felt more connected to the characters in Infinite but the world of Rapture was more intriguing to me. Overall I enjoyed the ride Infinite took me on more. I had to play again right after finishing it and I still think about the characters. I need to go back to Rapture to see how it holds up after so long though.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Finally beat the game a little while ago and loved it. For people that have played both...did you like the original Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite more?[/QUOTE]

Original. The Infinite ending as I outlined before just felt like too much convoluted sci-fi and wasn't executed as well as it could've been.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Original. The Infinite ending as I outlined before just felt like too much convoluted sci-fi and wasn't executed as well as it could've been.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this for me as well. I like Infinite a lot but the first one was a very special game for me.....the experience will stick with me longer than Infinite's will.

I Think Infinite mostly because I got Bioshock a few months (or almost a year) after it was released and by then it was hard to impossible to go into the game without these preset expectations. Infinite I mostly got to enjoy with basically my accord and it kind of made me appreciate how all the trailers of the game basically gave you a bit of a false premise of what to expect. Also the combat was just so damn satisfying in Infinite.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Better intro into the city, Bioshock going to Rapture or Infinite going to Columbia?[/QUOTE]

Infinite going to Rapture. :D

Beat this tonight for the first time (on Hard). Missed four Voxophones and two of the sights.

Only part of the game where I got a bit bored was
fighting Lady Comstock. That whole bit was kinda dull.

1999 mode coming up!

[quote name='Rig']Beat this tonight for the first time (on Hard). Missed four Voxophones and two of the sights.

Only part of the game where I got a bit bored was
fighting Lady Comstock. That whole bit was kinda dull.

1999 mode coming up![/QUOTE]

Just completed it (1999 mode) after a too long play session last night. Overall it was not bad. Final part gave me slight issues but I figured out a strategy eventually that worked.

I still love the ending to this game. It makes me sad though

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating on if i want to pick up the "Season Pass" now and do another play-through. If I pick up the pass now or in the next few days do I still get access to the "Early Bird" pack?

[quote name='bardockkun']That's literally the only answer.[/QUOTE]

My jaw dropped so, so hard. I was speechless throughout much of the endgame.

[quote name='ajh2298']Debating on if i want to pick up the "Season Pass" now and do another play-through. If I pick up the pass now or in the next few days do I still get access to the "Early Bird" pack?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would say the early bird pack is unlocked with the Season Pass at any time. There is no separate code for it.

Finished it last night on Hard with all Voxophones & Sightseers.

I loved it but just like the other 2 I had my few favorite weapons, vigors, & perks while the rest I almost never used. I abused the hell out of Possession.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I would say the early bird pack is unlocked with the Season Pass at any time. There is no separate code for it.[/QUOTE]
That's correct but keep in mind that the bonus items don't go straight into your inventory; there's a specific spot at the beginning of the game where you pick them up. So if you're in the middle of a playthrough right now, the bonus items won't help you until you start a new one.

Well, I finally wrapped this up last night and have now been able to catch up on the forums and articles. I loved the game and it made me remember how much I enjoyed Bioshock a few years ago. A few specific thoughts...

I thought the slow reveal of Booker DeWitt's history was perfect. I love it when a story can put all the pieces in front of you except one so you feel that the answer is just outside your grasp. That's how I felt throughout the game.

The abrupt trip back to Rapture was a welcome surprise. I did not see that coming as I had given up on any direct references to the original game. I know Booker was only supposed to be passing through, but I could not resist doing a little sightseeing and I made Elizabeth cool her heels for a few minutes.

At the end, opening that office door and seeing the crib made my heart sink and the whole, "The Deal's off!" scene just made it sink further. Gave me chills.

Wish we'd gotten to learn a bit more about SongBird, but maybe that will be handled by the DLC.

Great game. I'm willing to overlook some of the minor faults. Oh, and I have to get on the ball and download that soundtrack!

Infinite was awesome imo. It felt so good to play through Columbia. I will say 1999 mode was a pain especially doing scavenger, but I got my 1K for now.

Whoo!  Just finished my 1999/Scavenger run and wow, that was awesome.  Not only to get a clean 1000/1000 on this awesome game, but to play through the story again, knowing what the ending is.  I have to say, knowing everything doesn't dampen the emotional impact this game has. 

Here are a couple of tips that made 1999 mode actually easier than my first, normal difficulty, playthrough. 

1)  When fighting the Siren, level up and use charge along with the "impact around you and leave you invulnerable" gear, brittle skin gear and fire damage gear.  Then just focus on her while she's raising the dead.  In each of the three battles she was done in no time flat.  Super, ridiculuously easy.

2)  The end battle was kicking my ass six ways to sunday, then I found an awesome tip.  Put Return to Sender on the Core!  If you put it right on the front, it will absorb damage.  You still have to make sure enemies don't target it from the side or behind, but they rarely get back there anyway.  Pay attention to the rocket guys, two of them jump onto the deck on the sides of the core. 

I found that playing this the second time went very quick and, seriously, 1999 mode isn't that bad once you get past the first fireman battle.  Once you get Elizabeth.....walk in the park.  Case in point, I only bought two vigor upgrades and no weapon upgrades and still had $5900 when I beat the game.  DOn't worry about bringing more than a $1000 or so to the final battle.  You won't need it because the core will get wiped out before you do....unless you use the trick above.  :)

Yeah, I found that the knowledge gained on my first playthrough made 1999 a cakewalk. I went in being terrified of the Siren and endgame moments, and found myself breezing through both. I blame my blatant disregard of gear, mostly. I didn't touch the shit on my first playthrough, but this time around I did a lot of swapping. Becoming an invincible meteor every time you launch from a Skyline can do a lot for you.

Also, I swear to god, Undertow is fantastically broken. You can physics kill damned near anything. You can grab Handymen AND it screws the hell out of Patriots. Please use it.

Whoo! Just finished my 1999/Scavenger run and wow, that was awesome. Not only to get a clean 1000/1000 on this awesome game, but to play through the story again, knowing what the ending is. I have to say, knowing everything doesn't dampen the emotional impact this game has.

Here are a couple of tips that made 1999 mode actually easier than my first, normal difficulty, playthrough.

1) When fighting the Siren, level up and use charge along with the "impact around you and leave you invulnerable" gear, brittle skin gear and fire damage gear. Then just focus on her while she's raising the dead. In each of the three battles she was done in no time flat. Super, ridiculuously easy.

2) The end battle was kicking my ass six ways to sunday, then I found an awesome tip. Put Return to Sender on the Core! If you put it right on the front, it will absorb damage. You still have to make sure enemies don't target it from the side or behind, but they rarely get back there anyway. Pay attention to the rocket guys, two of them jump onto the deck on the sides of the core.
This^ I was reading online tips and getting killed alot. I tried my way which is tip #1 and made all the battles very easy.

As for tip 2 make sure to place them tightly together w/ no gaps and then place possession on the back and stairs leading up. Using that only had to do the end battle once. Any news when the DLC will be coming out yet?

DLC releasing today. Disappointed that 1 is a wave based challenge maps...I consider this a straight lie by Ken Levine. Anyway, the 2 story dlcs will be Pre-Rapture fall story where you play as Booker in the first part and Elizabeth in the 2nd. Link may have spoilers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/bioshock-infinite-challenge-maps-out-today-story-dlc-soon?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Also the DLC today is $5 meaning the story DLC is either $15 and $10 or $15 a piece since the Season Pass promised $30 of DLC for $20.  I keep saying never again but I am now officially done with Season Passes. I only blame myself.

Wish granted
I know right. I am so excited for this. The thing that will really make my day is if they incorporate some of the BioShock 2 characters and continuity (I am the weirdo who likes BS2 better than the original). But I have this sense that Irrational would prefer to pretend that game doesn't exist. :lol:

Very excited for this DLC! I'm not sure on the clash in the clouds stuff, but I'll check it out tonight. Based on the posted blue ribbon challenges, it might be tough to keep this game at 100%.

The rapture stuff though..,..whoa. Way cool.

clash in clouds is nothing more then hord mode like on gears it should have been part of the game at the start. I kind of upset i paid for that garbage oh well at least im sure i got discount on story dlc with season pass.

clash in the clouds is a skip for me, not interested in bioshock horde mode seeing that to me the combat isnt the best part. Burial at sea on the other hand....yup i'll be buying that! im thinking of starting 1999 mode but the dumb ass lady comstock 3x battle and the end battle rocked me on hard mode but then again i never upgraded possession vigor which i was told is key.

clash in clouds is nothing more then hord mode like on gears it should have been part of the game at the start. I kind of upset i paid for that garbage oh well at least im sure i got discount on story dlc with season pass.
This is not true. This is more of a horde mode, think more towards challenge maps with the ability to unlock extras.

Clash in the Clouds:

A series of waves with specific enemies and specific bonus (called the Blue Ribbon Challenges) that let you go crazy with any weapon you want (in-between rounds you visit an armory where you can recieve upgrades, buy upgrades or vigors) or focus on a particular set like killing everyone with a shotgun for example.

Having Leaderboards with this makes these a really cool challenge maps a la what we had with the Batman games. With the ability to just do it and not really have any ramifications, if you die you can restart and loose your rank or restart from wave 1, to me this felt more like a combat simulator a la Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC.

As a Season Pass owner, I'm content with this until they put out Burial at Sea, which looks great.

*Doesn't

Timbo you're not making a good argument when you have poor grammar.

Actually it was a lot of fun, there are a few instances where you'll constantly be using the skyline within combat which I thought was needed more in the core game. A few levels have you jumping from one floating barge to the next and the Blue Ribbon challenge to do it in a certain amount of time was a challenge. The Blue Ribbons are for those that set a goal and try to beat it. I'm planning on coming back to it in a few months and trying to grab the Blue Ribbons that I had missed before. The extras are pretty neat too.

I finished all the challenge maps in CITC, but i only maxed out health and shield. My vigors was up to 8 i think before i finished all four stages. Is there a way to get the remaining bottles to upgrade this?

bread's done
Back