Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

jayntampa

CAGiversary!
Joystiq reports that three Vita bundles will be on sale across multiple retailers for all of Black Friday - so, not just Best Buy and not just the Call of Duty Black Ops bundle. This is kind of a big deal to my shopping plans, so I thought others might care, too. I expect Amazon will have these prices, too:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/special-vita-ps3-bundles-drop-to-200-for-black-friday/#continued

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:

Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card
PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card
Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game
PS3™

The new 250GB PS3™ system will be bundled with two of the most popular gaming franchises, UNCHARTED™, winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, and the fan favorite inFAMOUS™.

PS3™ Black Friday deals can be found below:

The Ultimate PlayStation®3 Value Bundle, selling at $199.99, includes:

PS3™ 250GB system
UNCHARTED™ Dual Pack
Includes Drake's Fortune® and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™
inFAMOUS™ Collection
Includes inFAMOUS™, inFAMOUS™ 2, and inFAMOUS™ Festival of Blood
30 day PlayStation®Plus Trial Membership
These deals offer exceptional value for consumers looking for the perfect gaming solution this holiday season and will only be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.

[quote name='spatenfloot']It isn't necessary. They can be played independently with no confusion.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I have Persona 3 PSP digital download on my Vita. Just deciding if I want to play it before 4 for any reason.

[quote name='WilliamG']Thank you. I have Persona 3 PSP digital download on my Vita. Just deciding if I want to play it before 4 for any reason.[/QUOTE]
The stories are not connected so it doesn't really matter.

[quote name='mikkoxB']ok just got the e-mail for all-stars and PS+...now I just need the vita lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lancielegend']Yep just got my codes too, way to tease me amazon, way to tease me.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to throw this out there.... if no one cares for their All Stars code I'd like to trade for it.

[quote name='Rodster']The stories are not connected so it doesn't really matter.[/QUOTE]

Though there is one point in the story where the P4 cast visits the school in Persona 3.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']i got my $10 off AC3 code earlier today...

not that it matters anymore since the price of AC3 is back up to $50[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a bit of a joke, really.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']anyone wannna sell their ps all stars vita code for $8 bux? pm me ;)[/QUOTE]

$8? Really?

[quote name='Tsel']$8? Really?[/QUOTE]

Just curious, are you saying "really?" meaning that's low? Because the way I see it, it's free. It was given to you for free, people should not be selling them. Now trading in my eyes is fine.

[quote name='Romeo']Just curious, are you saying "really?" meaning that's low? Because the way I see it, it's free. It was given to you for free, people should not be selling them. Now trading in my eyes is fine.[/QUOTE]

exactly, its a code u got for free and everyone is trying to make a quick 20-30 bux on it but theres gonna be alot of codes floating around here and 8 is all i have in my paypal now. I really wouldnt pay more than 10 bux for all stars lol

edit: oh and i got one from a cag for 8 bux :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pixie Stix 88']I am guessing the deals have all expired?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it. I'd like to get the bundle for the same price as I apparently won Playstation All Stars from a twitter contest, but it would just add more stuff to my already huge backlog...

[quote name='QuickKill']Looks like it. I'd like to get the bundle for the same price as I apparently won Playstation All Stars from a twitter contest, but it would just add more stuff to my already huge backlog...[/QUOTE]

ah well worth the try.

[quote name='Romeo']Just curious, are you saying "really?" meaning that's low? Because the way I see it, it's free. It was given to you for free, people should not be selling them. Now trading in my eyes is fine.[/QUOTE]

Just seems a little low to me. Yes, it was free, but it's nice to sell the code to offset the price of the bundle. Hell, selling it at $20 is still half off.

I don't see where the problem in selling something you got free. It happens all the time, especially here on CAG.

[quote name='QuickKill']Looks like it. I'd like to get the bundle for the same price as I apparently won Playstation All Stars from a twitter contest, but it would just add more stuff to my already huge backlog...[/QUOTE]

I bought the bundle and then find out I won PlayStation All-Stars from the Twitter contest too. Makes me glad I did not redeem the code Amazon gave me.

[quote name='Tsel']Just seems a little low to me. Yes, it was free, but it's nice to sell the code to offset the price of the bundle. Hell, selling it at $20 is still half off.

I don't see where the problem in selling something you got free. It happens all the time, especially here on CAG.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong selling with something you got "free". It was part of the bundle, you paid money to acquire the item, and people are successfully selling the codes for $20+, so why would you charge less? It would be nice of you I guess, but not shouldn't be expected of you by any means.

With all these bundles, I'm surprised that there aren't more sales on Vita games. We all have our Vitas, now where are the sales?

Also, I need an All Stars Code for the BF... :)

[quote name='tecwrtr']With all these bundles, I'm surprised that there aren't more sales on Vita games. We all have our Vitas, now where are the sales?

Also, I need an All Stars Code for the BF... :)[/QUOTE]I got two free games with the bundle plus another five from PS+. No need to buy any more games atm. :cool:

Maybe next Black Friday I can get a memory card :roll:

I love this thing aside from that though. Really hope it gets some support next year because the Vita itself is awesome.

I got my codes yesterday. Already sold the PSABRARSRRSSASA code. I don't see the problem with selling a code. CAG marketplace is full of them. I say it just makes CAG all the more awesome.

I just used the free prime 2-day shipping and it says it's estimated delivery is wednesday but the tracking says it's out for delivery today. So, glad I didn't upgrade shipping.

[quote name='DaShaka']There's nothing wrong selling with something you got "free". It was part of the bundle, you paid money to acquire the item, and people are successfully selling the codes for $20+, so why would you charge less? It would be nice of you I guess, but not shouldn't be expected of you by any means.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel. It's a game that retails for $40. Who cares what we paid for it. The important part is what it's worth. And that's what people are willing to pay. Check ebay and you'll see these codes are selling for up to $35. So $20 isn't really all that outrageous.

WOW the 3g model just sold out instantly!?! is it that much of an improvement over wi-fi one?

Amazon has another lightning deal on a 4GB Memory Card going on right now... Not sure having 2 4GBs will really make a difference. I doubt I'll actually take my Vita out much anyway.

[quote name='Woocls']I just used the free prime 2-day shipping and it says it's estimated delivery is wednesday but the tracking says it's out for delivery today. So, glad I didn't upgrade shipping.

This is how I feel. It's a game that retails for $40. Who cares what we paid for it. The important part is what it's worth. And that's what people are willing to pay. Check ebay and you'll see these codes are selling for up to $35. So $20 isn't really all that outrageous.

WOW the 3g model just sold out instantly!?! is it that much of an improvement over wi-fi one?[/QUOTE]

I noticed the 3G Vita selling out near-instantly too. Nope, it's not really an improvement over the Wi-Fi one. The AC3 bundle they had was a FAR better deal and it lasted for at least 5 hours lol. I don't think a true CAG would waste money on the 3G plans for Vita.

[quote name='sunghost']I noticed the 3G Vita selling out near-instantly too. Nope, it's not really an improvement over the Wi-Fi one. The AC3 bundle they had was a FAR better deal and it lasted for at least 5 hours lol. I don't think a true CAG would waste money on the 3G plans for Vita.[/QUOTE]
That's what I assumed. My guess is they had a very low amount left. All this dumping of product makes me nervous that they're going to release a PSV-go or some non-sense that will completely destroy any shot the vita might have just gained.

[quote name='sunghost']I noticed the 3G Vita selling out near-instantly too. Nope, it's not really an improvement over the Wi-Fi one. The AC3 bundle they had was a FAR better deal and it lasted for at least 5 hours lol. I don't think a true CAG would waste money on the 3G plans for Vita.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I have a 3G Vita and there is no reason to get one over a WiFi one. I turned off the 3G feature the first day I got it, had no plans to ever sign up with AT&T for their data plan. I only got the 3G one because they sweetened the deal just before launch by bundling some extra stuff with it.

And while I tried to resist, couldn't stop from ordering a white AC bundle from Amazon, that deal was beyond too good. So I'll have a backup Vita in case anything happens to the original, plus I got AC and All Stars, and 3 more months of Plus. Killer deal.

Too funny. If it were "free", everyone would have been able to get one. It was part of a bundle that cost $179.99. Break it down how you like, but I and everyone else that have those codes had to pay $179.99 to get them. Something is only free if there is absolutely no cost involved. Just like B2G1 sales are promotions. You don't receive anything for free. You are given the opportunity to purchase 3 games at a discounted price.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Too funny. If it were "free", everyone would have been able to get one. It was part of a bundle that cost $179.99. Break it down how you like, but I and everyone else that have those codes had to pay $179.99 to get them. Something is only free if there is absolutely no cost involved. Just like B2G1 sales are promotions. You don't receive anything for free. You are given the opportunity to purchase 3 games at a discounted price.[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be any more incorrect. The bundle is $250. I paid $250 for it on launch day.

The black Friday sale made the bundle $200. The lightning deal made it $180. You aren't paying for shit, they're basically paying you to take the game.

[quote name='Romeo']You couldn't be any more incorrect. The bundle is $250. I paid $250 for it on launch day.

The black Friday sale made the bundle $200. The lightning deal made it $180. You aren't paying for shit, they're basically paying you to take the game.[/QUOTE]

Well, if Amazon were "basically paying" one to take the game, you should have had them pay you.

[quote name='Romeo']You couldn't be any more incorrect. The bundle is $250. I paid $250 for it on launch day.

The black Friday sale made the bundle $200. The lightning deal made it $180. You aren't paying for shit, they're basically paying you to take the game.[/QUOTE]

I have to chime in here. As a value conscious consumer, I did not buy a vita at $249 at launch, so that's not my price. Amazon didn't give me sh1t, I beleived that the total package they offered me was worth the $180 I paid for it. The TOTAL package. I would not have bought it otherwise. They did me no favor and I considered none of it to be free. After all, I paid $180 dollars for the package. As a consumer, I did them a favor by purchasing from their storefront instead of the competition. They are an incredibly successfuly business that's not in the habit of losing money. They did just fine and I'm allowed to do whatever the heck I want with my total package I bought. Your opinion be damned.

G~

[quote name='Funkenstein91']I got two free games with the bundle plus another five from PS+. No need to buy any more games atm. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I dont have any experience with PS+, but do you get to keep the games once your PS+ is over? Isnt the game downloaded onto your vita memory card so you can play it forever? Or am I wrong?

[quote name='iphosho']I dont have any experience with PS+, but do you get to keep the games once your PS+ is over? Isnt the game downloaded onto your vita memory card so you can play it forever? Or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

Think of it as being like the rentals from the PSN video store. They have a "drop dead" date embedded into them, like DRM.

[quote name='iphosho']I dont have any experience with PS+, but do you get to keep the games once your PS+ is over? Isnt the game downloaded onto your vita memory card so you can play it forever? Or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

As long as you're a subscriber you'll have it. If you let your subscription lapse, you wont be able to play it until you subscribe again.

Romeo I'm sorry but I you are flatout wrong. Just because the people who purchased this bundle at a cost considerably less than what you paid doesn't make any part of the bundle "free." The consumers purchased the bundle at $180, one of the expectations was to recieve an all stars code as part of the bundle. You are wrong its not free, it couldn't be put more plainly.

Now what you and others feel its worth is certainly debatable and to say its worth $10 is reasonable if that's what you value it at

[quote name='Romeo']G, would you have not bought the $180 bundle even if it didn't come with All Stars?[/QUOTE]
I know I wouldn't have, the All-Stars and 3 Months of PS+ was the only incentive for my purchase. Otherwise I would have waited 'till next year to see what other bundles came out.

I don't see the reasoning behind this, how is it free when it was advertised as part of the bundle? I still had to pay money, to receive the codes. So doesn't matter how you put it, this wasn't free since you had to pay something in order to receive them.

[quote name='eXiON']I know I wouldn't have, the All-Stars and 3 Months of PS+ was the only incentive for my purchase. Otherwise I would have waited 'till next year to see what other bundles came out.

I don't see the reasoning behind this, how is it free when it was advertised as part of the bundle? I still had to pay money, to receive the codes. So doesn't matter how you put it, this wasn't free since you had to pay something in order to receive them.[/QUOTE]
He's one of those guys who see it as buy 2 for full price get 1 free. So what if the third game was terrible... it was FREE!
Romeo, you must get suckered in by advertising promotions a lot if you thought any part of that bundle was free. The whole promotion sounds like one of those infomercials. "...But wait there's more!!!"

I probably wouldn't have bought the bundle if it didn't come with all of that.
Either way, its a ridiculous discussion to even have...

Doesn't matter if someone got it for free or not, the market will set the price.

[quote name='Woocls']He's one of those guys who see it as buy 2 for full price get 1 free. So what if the third game was terrible... it was FREE!
Romeo, you must get suckered in by advertising promotions a lot if you thought any part of that bundle was free. The whole promotion sounds like one of those infomercials. "...But wait there's more!!!"[/QUOTE]

You couldn't possibly be further from the truth.

The thing is I don't believe in making profits off friends, community members. Hence why I suggested a trade yesterday for that code, not a sale. The world is full of greedy bastards, one of my once close friends is one of them, where money comes first and happiness comes after. I'd give a code to a member here who asked over selling it to someone else for $20 any day of the week. $20 is nothing, the joy of someone getting a game they want and seeing kindness of strangers is what's worth it to me.

Holy shit, Romeo, you need to quit trolling around. I hope you realize things more more important are bought and sold, like commodities. Shit that people need to survive. Is it worth your breath to berate people for selling their game codes and gold nunchuks? There isn't even a moral issue at hand, let alone it being of any sort of real, meaningful importance.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Opposite for me. got AC code yesterday. Still no other codes.[/QUOTE]

Yea I got the $10 code on the 24th but still haven't received the other codes. (What was the heading on the email with the PS+ and All Stars Code)
Rep was even nice enough to update my order and apply the promo code to the Assassins Creed III I ordered less than 24 hrs before this deal. :applause::applause: I didn't think they would be able to so it was quite nice that they could. The Vita was a total impulse buy for me.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, VLR should be near the top of that last.. it's one of the best current-gen portable games period.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']For that list of games I dont know how Virtues Last Reward isnt on there.

If you never played 999 it'll lose some of it's effect so play that first if you have a ds/3ds but otherwise VLR is a must buy if there's any interest.[/QUOTE]

Is there any difference between the Vita and the 3DS versions of VLR? I will be picking this up once I finish the first one.

I picked up Lumines at TRU for $16 after using the groupon. Also thinking of picking up Little Deviants on Amazon
Any other suggestions for games? I'm not into shooters. I prefer RPG's Puzzle type games and quirky platformers and I'd probably prefer games that are exclusive

[quote name='Zazoo']
Is there any difference between the Vita and the 3DS versions of VLR? I will be picking this up once I finish the first one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, excellen posted this in another thread.. definitely get the Vita version. I think he left out that it can freeze/crash randomly on 3DS.

[quote name='excellen']The 3DS version of this is much worse than the Vita. I enjoy the 3DS library much more than the Vita's but there is no excuse for getting the 3DS version of this game over the Vita if you have the option.

3DS
+ stylus controls are excellent
+ can view menu/notes on bottom screen at the same time as viewing the top screen

- a very common game breaking glitch that corrupts your save file
- only 1 save slot so the glitch really hurts when it happens
- compressed audio (very noticeable with the voices)
- framerate suffers when moving around rooms too fast
- must view unskippable credits scene 14 times before getting to the true end
- one ink color for the notes option
- intrusive scan line filter on the bottom screen, which is the one you will be looking at most of the time while in puzzle sections

Vita
+ high resolution visuals
+ higher quality audio
+ 3 ink colors for the notepad
+ 3 save slots
+ smooth framerate always
+ can skip credits scene after viewing it for the first time
+ large, unobstructed screen (no scan lines) to interact with during all parts of the game

- default finger touch controls are worse than using a stylus on the 3DS (can be remedied by buying a $2 capacitive stylus)
- cannot view menu at the same time as the whole screen

Read more about the save corrupting bug here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497204
It was a problem in the Japanese version which came out over a year ago as well and was never patched. Aksys has been made aware of the situation but has been silent for over a month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Yes, excellen posted this in another thread.. definitely get the Vita version. I think he left out that it can freeze/crash randomly on 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! this was very helpful

[quote name='Romeo']You couldn't possibly be further from the truth.

The thing is I don't believe in making profits off friends, community members. Hence why I suggested a trade yesterday for that code, not a sale. The world is full of greedy bastards, one of my once close friends is one of them, where money comes first and happiness comes after. I'd give a code to a member here who asked over selling it to someone else for $20 any day of the week. $20 is nothing, the joy of someone getting a game they want and seeing kindness of strangers is what's worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

So can I get a code :D please ?

I haven't gotten my $10 AC code yet, but i would gladly give it away to someone who could use it. I already have AC3 so i don't need it. Plus it would just go to waste.

[quote name='Romeo']The thing is I don't believe in making profits off friends, community members. Hence why I suggested a trade yesterday for that code, not a sale. The world is full of greedy bastards, one of my once close friends is one of them, where money comes first and happiness comes after. I'd give a code to a member here who asked over selling it to someone else for $20 any day of the week. $20 is nothing, the joy of someone getting a game they want and seeing kindness of strangers is what's worth it to me.[/QUOTE]
Attitudes like this that are the main reason I am a part of this awesome CAG community. I feel the exact same way. I'm actually excited to do my Christmas giveaway because while the items I'm gifting may not have been much to me, they might seriously help brighten another person's day.

If anyone wants to part with their amazon AC vita bundle for $180 i would be glad to take it off their hands. Just want the bundle i.e. sealed package . Whatever else was offered i really don't care, just want the white AC vita bundle. PM me if interested.

I got the white AC vita in the mail yesterday from amazon. You do not get a retail copy of the AC game. Instead it comes bundled with the memory card in a crappy little plastic container. I don't understand why Sony has been doing this with all of the bundles this year including the paper sleeves for the ps3 games on the ps3 bundles.

bread's done
Back