Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

jayntampa

CAGiversary!
Joystiq reports that three Vita bundles will be on sale across multiple retailers for all of Black Friday - so, not just Best Buy and not just the Call of Duty Black Ops bundle. This is kind of a big deal to my shopping plans, so I thought others might care, too. I expect Amazon will have these prices, too:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/special-vita-ps3-bundles-drop-to-200-for-black-friday/#continued

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:

Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card
PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card
Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game
PS3™

The new 250GB PS3™ system will be bundled with two of the most popular gaming franchises, UNCHARTED™, winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, and the fan favorite inFAMOUS™.

PS3™ Black Friday deals can be found below:

The Ultimate PlayStation®3 Value Bundle, selling at $199.99, includes:

PS3™ 250GB system
UNCHARTED™ Dual Pack
Includes Drake's Fortune® and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™
inFAMOUS™ Collection
Includes inFAMOUS™, inFAMOUS™ 2, and inFAMOUS™ Festival of Blood
30 day PlayStation®Plus Trial Membership
These deals offer exceptional value for consumers looking for the perfect gaming solution this holiday season and will only be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.

[quote name='supraazn']Yup, link that shows the deal with a bit more detail on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1428375222&pf_rd_i=B002I0JZOC

FYI: All-Stars Battle Royale comes as a DLC code as expected.

Edit: Haha that's hilarious. The AC3 vita bundles says sold out on the gold box page but yet it's still available through the standard product page with the special price/bundle.[/QUOTE]

Did you already get your code or was that something you read? I canceled my order and re-ordered it from the gold box page, just to be safe. Hopefully it all works out. It's a really great deal. Also, I'm wondering if the code will also allow us to snatch the game on the PS3 store as well. I'm thinking it probably won't, but that would be a nice bonus.

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']I bought it as soon as the price dropped to $179.99. I hope I didn't mess up by doing that.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered mine too! Awesome. Now I have some BF offers to look through to get some games for this "beast". I looked at a PS Vita up close for the first time the other day, and wow is it powerful!

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']Did you already get your code or was that something you read? I canceled my order and re-ordered it from the gold box page, just to be safe. Hopefully it all works out. It's a really great deal. Also, I'm wondering if the code will also allow us to snatch the game on the PS3 store as well. I'm thinking it probably won't, but that would be a nice bonus.[/QUOTE]

Something I read;
"For today only, November 23, 2012, and while supplies last, get $70 off the PlayStation Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle. The bundle comes with over $65 in additional value exclusive to Amazon.com customers, including a DLC code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS Vita, a $10 credit to use toward "Assassin's Creed III" for Xbox 360 or PS3, and a 3 month trial to PS +. Applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.com, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site."

Also read this;
"•Promotional offer applies only to purchases of a qualifying PlayStation Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle on November 23, 2012, shipped and sold by Amazon.com."

So as long as you buy the bundle on this day that is shipped and sold by Amazon you should be golden. If they don't send you the extras later you can use this little fact to call them out on it.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Just ordered mine too! Awesome. Now I have some BF offers to look through to get some games for this "beast". I looked at a PS Vita up close for the first time the other day, and wow is it powerful![/QUOTE]

The only exposure I've had to it was at a poker table, of all places. One of my players (I'm a dealer) had just bought one. He was playing Dynasty Warriors - meh. I didn't get to see the screen, but the hardware is big, and it was sexy. lol.

I feel like I'd use it, but then again my DS and 2 PSPs have been gathering dust for a LOOONG time.

If I hadn't had several emergency expenditures in the last month, this would be a no brainer.

[quote name='slowdive21']Can you check ebay and amazon from a vita? can i download a barcode scanner app?[/QUOTE]

anyone? I need a device that can scan barcodes or at the very least browse amazon and ebay.

[quote name='supraazn']Something I read;
"For today only, November 23, 2012, and while supplies last, get $70 off the PlayStation Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle. The bundle comes with over $65 in additional value exclusive to Amazon.com customers, including a DLC code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS Vita, a $10 credit to use toward "Assassin's Creed III" for Xbox 360 or PS3, and a 3 month trial to PS +. Applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.com, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site."

Also read this;
"•Promotional offer applies only to purchases of a qualifying PlayStation Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle on November 23, 2012, shipped and sold by Amazon.com."

So as long as you buy the bundle on this day that is shipped and sold by Amazon you should be golden. If they don't send you the extras later you can use this little fact to call them out on it.[/QUOTE]

Alright good. Thank you!

F it! I went ahead and got this bundle with $9 Saturday prime shipping so I'd get it tomorrow. I'm such a tool : /

Last edited by a moderator:
AmazonJosh:

"Yeah, the goodies are going to everyone that bought the bundle today, regardless of the time or page they purchased from."

Confirmed. :D

And don't feel bad, supraazn, I paid $10 to have it on Monday. Wish I had prime, ha.

[quote name='TraBuch']I love these handgrips:

http://www.amazon.com/CTA-Digital-V...id=1353702241&sr=8-1&keywords=Vita+hand+grips

Makes holding the vita for a long period of time MUCH more comfortable for me.[/QUOTE]

Because the damn thing just isn't big enough already, right?

Now I'm gonna regret ordering the AC3 bundle because if I decide on grips like these, I bet I won't be able to find white ones.

[quote name='supraazn']F it! I went ahead and got this bundle with $9 Saturday prime shipping so I'd get it tomorrow. I'm such a tool : /
[/QUOTE]

That is almost EXACTLY what I was going to post, INCLUDING the Saturday shipping. If I'm gonna rape my wallet, might as well get my shiny new toy tomorrow. :D

Merry Christmas to us. heh.

[quote name='teknikalei']Because the damn thing just isn't big enough already, right?

Now I'm gonna regret ordering the AC3 bundle because if I decide on grips like these, I bet I won't be able to find white ones.
[/QUOTE]
Not for me it isn't. It's extremely uncomfortable, even after 30 minutes of play.

game recommendation

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Gravity Rush
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Vita
MLB 12: The Show
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
MotorStorm RC
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust Delta
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
WipEout 2048

did I miss anything?

[quote name='slowdive21']anyone? I need a device that can scan barcodes or at the very least browse amazon and ebay.[/QUOTE]

You're going to want/need a smartphone.

[quote name='TraBuch']Not for me it isn't. It's extremely uncomfortable, even after 30 minutes of play.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, I just think that grip looks monstrously big, on an already large "portable". I have big hands myself, so I very well could end up with one if my hands hurt like yours.

Does the grip interfere with the back touch surface at all? I can see on the listing that it's open in back, but there is a bit of plastic covering the back when the grip is installed.

[quote name='ifhd']game recommendation

Gravity Rush
MotorStorm RC
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust Delta
Unit 13
WipEout 2048

did I miss anything?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this! Now I'm regretting my decision not to buy MLB 12 The Show for $15 when I had it in my cart. Had I known about this Vita Offer then, I'd have jumped all over it. I can't wait to play all of my Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade games on it as well. My PSN Plus subscription got even better if that's possible? 6 Free games including Uncharted: Golden Abyss just waiting to be played!

Gravity Rush
MotorStorm RC
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust Delta
Unit 13
WipEout 2048

Little Big Planet, which might be the best of the series.

Gravity Rush
MotorStorm RC
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust Delta
Unit 13
WipEout 2048

Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you have any interest in JRPGs.

Wow I expected more activity in this thread since it seems like a WHOLE lotta CAGs jumped on this deal, according to Cheapy anyway.

I got my Vita at 10 am thanks to Saturday shipping. I am pretty happy with it. Only played Hot Shots Golf on it so far, and it looks amazing for a handheld.

I picked up Blaz Blue and Katamari, although I might exchange Katamari for Little Deviants or the F1 game if I dont like it (took advantage of the pre-owned buy 2 get 1 at GameStop).

I'd like to try some multiplayer sometime, so feel free to add me on PSN: teknikalei .

Happy Holidays!

[quote name='Killbomb']Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you have any interest in JRPGs.[/QUOTE]

This right here, I got my copy when it released and have been playing it non-stop. Haven't touched any of my new games at all.

For that list of games I dont know how Virtues Last Reward isnt on there.

If you never played 999 it'll lose some of it's effect so play that first if you have a ds/3ds but otherwise VLR is a must buy if there's any interest.

[quote name='waterboy100']holy crap. mine got in this afternoon. came all the awy from vegas to the greater los angeles area by 4pm[/QUOTE]
Yeah mine arrived in 18 hours from time of order.

Just received the 3 Ps+ months code and the allstar game code they are in the same email. No $10off code for assassins Creed 3 yet

[quote name='ice_man_fb']Just received the 3 Ps+ months code and the allstar game code they are in the same email. No $10off code for assassins Creed 3 yet[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='Namerson']This right here, I got my copy when it released and have been playing it non-stop. Haven't touched any of my new games at all.[/QUOTE]

Is there any benefit to playing Persona 3 before Persona 4 at all?

[quote name='ice_man_fb']Just received the 3 Ps+ months code and the allstar game code they are in the same email. No $10off code for assassins Creed 3 yet[/QUOTE]
I got the $10 code off AC3 but not for PS+ or all-stars lol
whats lame is that AC3 is back to $45

[quote name='ShockandAww']For that list of games I dont know how Virtues Last Reward isnt on there.

If you never played 999 it'll lose some of it's effect so play that first if you have a ds/3ds but otherwise VLR is a must buy if there's any interest.

Yeah mine arrived in 18 hours from time of order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, VLR should be near the top of that last.. it's one of the best current-gen portable games period.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, VLR should be near the top of that last.. it's one of the best current-gen portable games period.[/QUOTE]

Definitely if you can stand the genre. Story-wise at least I've never played a video game that comes close to 999/VLR. Not saying it's perfect but from what I've played it blows anything else I can think of away by a good amount.

Sigh. I was debating getting a Vita for like a week, and passed. I did by Skylander's giants however, haha, in hope of tiding me over.

That didn't work. Still wish I had of gotten that amazon bundle. Sigh. I'm tempted to buy a 200 dollar bundle anyway, but I HATE HATE HATE buying something for more than a deal I passed up on. Meh.

[quote name='nbskid']Sigh. I was debating getting a Vita for like a week, and passed. I did by Skylander's giants however, haha, in hope of tiding me over.

That didn't work. Still wish I had of gotten that amazon bundle. Sigh. I'm tempted to buy a 200 dollar bundle anyway, but I HATE HATE HATE buying something for more than a deal I passed up on. Meh.[/QUOTE]

That sucks and I'm like that too so I know what you mean about paying more later. Stalk Amazon Warehouse Deals or something and hope to grab one for a good price.

[quote name='lancielegend']Yep just got my codes too, way to tease me amazon, way to tease me.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha same here...wish I would've gotten the $10 off AC3 coupon first so I could've bought that through my new favorite place called Amazon.

Just received all 5 promo codes too. I'm going to plug in a keyboard to the PS3 because I dislike typing with the PS3 controller and vita. xD

I got my Vita and codes. I chose regular 2 day prime shipping with an expected delivery date of Wednesday, so it was a nice surprise.

[quote name='omnicious']When did you guys receive the $10 credit? I only got the Allstars and PS+ codes[/QUOTE]

Got my $10 code at 11 AM yesterday PST. Didn't get my 4 other codes till midnight.

[quote name='lectersvictim']Does anyone know if the codes for a free month of Playstation Plus will add on to a existing membership of PS+ or not? Thank you![/QUOTE]

the 3 month codes stack so I don't see why the 1 month codes wouldn't stack.

[quote name='WilliamG']Is there any benefit to playing Persona 3 before Persona 4 at all?[/QUOTE]

It isn't necessary. They can be played independently with no confusion.

bread's done
Back