Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

jayntampa

CAGiversary!
Joystiq reports that three Vita bundles will be on sale across multiple retailers for all of Black Friday - so, not just Best Buy and not just the Call of Duty Black Ops bundle. This is kind of a big deal to my shopping plans, so I thought others might care, too. I expect Amazon will have these prices, too:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/special-vita-ps3-bundles-drop-to-200-for-black-friday/#continued

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:

Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card
PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card
Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game
PS3™

The new 250GB PS3™ system will be bundled with two of the most popular gaming franchises, UNCHARTED™, winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, and the fan favorite inFAMOUS™.

PS3™ Black Friday deals can be found below:

The Ultimate PlayStation®3 Value Bundle, selling at $199.99, includes:

PS3™ 250GB system
UNCHARTED™ Dual Pack
Includes Drake's Fortune® and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™
inFAMOUS™ Collection
Includes inFAMOUS™, inFAMOUS™ 2, and inFAMOUS™ Festival of Blood
30 day PlayStation®Plus Trial Membership
These deals offer exceptional value for consumers looking for the perfect gaming solution this holiday season and will only be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.

[quote name='Evolved']Anyone know if the ass creed vita has a big logo on the back like the cod vita?[/QUOTE]
Only the EU CoD Vita had a logo on the back.
US systems are plain black and white.

[quote name='Namerson']Please someone have a deal on the 32GB memory card![/QUOTE]

At least some of Amazon's users have a sense of dark humor about it.

GPHqW.png

[quote name='zewone']I do have a PS3, but I am at work...Damn. I hope it's still up by the time I get home.

Thanks for the responses.[/QUOTE]

I don't see that anyone mentioned it but the Persona games seem to still be on sale this week on PSN for the 3rd week in a row. If you didn't have a chance to check when you got back from work yesterday then you should have until next Tuesday at least to grab them at half price. :)

if you have the PSP versions of Persona, is it good to get them for the Vita? Does the Vita upscale the graphics or anything?

It will scale the graphics to the screen resolution, but it's not going to add something that wasn't there in the original. The Vita will play the PSP versions of Persons PSP just fine. But it would look exactly like it does on a PSP.

Just received a email from amazon student "Buy Madden NFL 13 PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Bundle, Get LittleBigPlanet and a 4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card Free"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_159950_26851340_pe_ecg/?docId=1000856101&ie=UTF8

If the AC3 Bundle on friday looks anything like this I guess were going to be looking at getting a free additional game but I would rather a additional memory card. Still waiting to hear what the better part of 200 is for them, and seeing if newegg will offer 200 for the vita.

[quote name='eej1422']Just received a email from amazon student "Buy Madden NFL 13 PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Bundle, Get LittleBigPlanet and a 4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card Free"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_159950_26851340_pe_ecg/?docId=1000856101&ie=UTF8

If the AC3 Bundle on friday looks anything like this I guess were going to be looking at getting a free additional game but I would rather a additional memory card. Still waiting to hear what the better part of 200 is for them, and seeing if newegg will offer 200 for the vita.[/QUOTE]

Same. I was hoping for a free 16GB card, rather than a game.

[quote name='zewone']Same. I was hoping for a free 16GB card, rather than a game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if that's the case I rather buy on newegg since its tax free. Hopefully they will offer this bundle still no word on their video game deals. How long does it take for their ad to release?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think this will run more than $200 at amazon? I'm guessing amazon's will go up at midnight but our local gamestop I think will be opening at 8pm thanksgiving day. Can't decide which bundle to get. I don't really care about the starter kit but I'd love to get Resistance if thats whats going to be extra in the amazon bundle. (I know it reviewed poorly but I'm a fan of the series)

I had ACL Vita bundle in cart in anticipation, but it is not available on Gamestop.com now. Are they holding them back for Black Friday? I was willing to pay $10 in shipping in order to not have to go to the actual store.

Also, does anyone know if they open early on Friday (standalone, not in a mall)?

Newegg is launching their deals at 1pm today - it's not tax free for me but it will certainly be worth checking out.

I saw the Madden Vita deal, too; I really don't care about Madden and the AC:L bundle has the 4GB card in it anyway, right? So I think I'll wait. In the end I'd end up paying about the same to have the games I want.

Went to bestbuy today to see whats up on the cod vita bundle and they said they were holding them for friday. They said they had 52 in stock but all were on hold..Seems like they are stocking up on these. So if you think it's low stock think again they are loaded. I cant say about the other stores, but best buy.

[quote name='powersurge']Do you guys think this will run more than $200 at amazon? I'm guessing amazon's will go up at midnight but our local gamestop I think will be opening at 8pm thanksgiving day. Can't decide which bundle to get. I don't really care about the starter kit but I'd love to get Resistance if thats whats going to be extra in the amazon bundle. (I know it reviewed poorly but I'm a fan of the series)[/QUOTE]

GameStop is either opening at Midnight on Friday or 5AM...

[quote name='eej1422']Just received a email from amazon student "Buy Madden NFL 13 PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Bundle, Get LittleBigPlanet and a 4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card Free"

If the AC3 Bundle on friday looks anything like this I guess were going to be looking at getting a free additional game but I would rather a additional memory card. Still waiting to hear what the better part of 200 is for them, and seeing if newegg will offer 200 for the vita.[/QUOTE]

I'm a student but I don't have a .edu email adress. Is there any way I can sign up for Amazon Student without that? I have a school email but its not .edu I guess.

I would buy that bundle right now damnit. Would save me the trouble of selling COD or AC to get a decent game.

Ok, now I found my .edu email adress and signed up for the student service, but the code won't apply. I guess i'll have to chat with someone in India.

will the Best Buy COD Vita bundle be available for online purchase w/ in store pick up, on friday? Im in a difficult spot and have to order online.

Still holding out for Friday's Amazon Deal of the Day bundle. At this point, I'm thinking it will be AC:L bundle + an accessory kit for $200, which is pretty much exactly what I want (well, minus a memory card and a few games).

Looking forward to this. The only thing is that I may opt to go with Gamestop for the purchase since they are nearby - it would save me from having to wait until next Tuesday and then on Tuesday fight the campus mailbox crowd to pick up black friday stuff from the package window.

[quote name='mars009']Damn I would totally be over it if it had AC rather than COD[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I'm holding out for the Amazon deal.

Thinking about trying to get in on this. Have an order I placed earlier in the week using credit that I can still cancel which would put me at about $180 in credit. Since Amazon is charging tax for my state starting in 2013, my credit loses 7% of buying power with the sales tax.

Is a Vita still worth it if you don't have a PS3? Also worried about the 4 GB memory card. I have an 8 GB on my PSP 3000 and that has served me well. I don't download a ton of stuff at all.

I really want to wait but I'm not sure when if ever there will be another good deal on this sort of thing.

PS + makes the Vita worthwhile, in my opinion.

I've picked up a few games for around $10 lately (Hot Shots and MLB 12) that just add to the value for me.

4GB isn't going to be enough for me, but it will work just fine as a starter for me.

I'm also holding out for the Assassin's Creed bundle. Doesn't look like Newegg got the memo about both bundles being $199 (may happen tomorrow) so I'll be going with Amazon if I'm quick enough.

Also yes, PS+ makes the Vita super nice since you start with those games in your library immediately. Been wanting to play Gravity Daze for the longest time...

Went ahead and bought the newegg black ops bundle. I don't care much for call of duty like at all but hey why not right? I could always resell the game and get a few extra bucks. I'd prefer the black model anyways and would much prefer Liverations in an actual case.

[quote name='sca2511']I believe this is live for Target(Crystal White Vita w/ AC3 bundle), no free shipping though.[/QUOTE]
Wow Earliest I can get it is the end of next week? And that with rush shipping and everything? I'll take my chances with amazon.

Someone here linked to AmazonJosh's comments about the AC3 Vita bundle on reddit, he's confident they won't sellout from when it goes live 3am EST till when they advertise it in the Gold Box page 8am. They have that many.

[quote name='ynocturnal']Someone here linked to AmazonJosh's comments about the AC3 Vita bundle on reddit, he's confident they won't sellout from when it goes live 3am EST till when they advertise it in the Gold Box page 8am. They have that many.[/QUOTE]

He also said there'll be some kind of bonus with the amazon bundle that you won't see at other stores, hopefully its a bigger memory card.

If the Amazon bundle is the same price that definitely makes it more attractive, provided it isn't some useless starter kit with a bunch of accessories that'll never get used.

This supposed to go live tomorrow at 3am est?

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Went ahead and bought the newegg black ops bundle. I don't care much for call of duty like at all but hey why not right? I could always resell the game and get a few extra bucks. I'd prefer the black model anyways and would much prefer Liverations in an actual case.[/QUOTE]

Can u still receive 100% trade in from best buy for this game? I don't care for it either but if the bonus on amazon isn't any good I'm jumping on this for no taxes. Wish they would do the ac3 instead.

It's supposed to be Friday at 12:01AM PST. So very late tonight/early tomorrow.

Like someone mentioned the Amazon rep on reddit said he doesn't expect it to sell out before 8AM PST though so there should be no big rush for it. Personally I wouldn't wait around for it though.

[quote name='Miakisaki']I'm also holding out for the Assassin's Creed bundle. Doesn't look like Newegg got the memo about both bundles being $199 (may happen tomorrow) so I'll be going with Amazon if I'm quick enough.

Also yes, PS+ makes the Vita super nice since you start with those games in your library immediately. Been wanting to play Gravity Daze for the longest time...[/QUOTE]

The retailer get to pick which bundle gets discounted, no single retailer is going to discount both of them. The VP of marketing at Sony verified this.

Tha AC bundle will only be discounted at GameStop and Amazon.

I see. That's a shame. I was kind of hoping to save a little with no sales tax from Newegg but I guess it isn't happening. Amazon it is then.

From Polygon.com:

An Assassin's Creed 3 PlayStation Vita bundle is hitting Amazon.com today for $179.99, and will feature a white PS Vita, a 4GB memory card and copy of Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation for the handheld device.
Also included in the Thanksgiving deal is download code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, 30-day code for PlayStation Plus and a $10 Gift Card toward Assassin's Creed 3 on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 consoles, an Amazon representative told Polygon.
This follows last week's reveal from Sony regarding an Assassin's Creed 3 Vita bundle including a PlayStation Vita limited Edition white Wifi device, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation and a 4GB memory card for $199.99.
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation received a 6 out of 10 from Polygon, stating "Ubisoft's desire to transcend low expectations for handheld spin-offs is clear."

[quote name='plastik3000']From Polygon.com:

An Assassin's Creed 3 PlayStation Vita bundle is hitting Amazon.com today for $179.99, and will feature a white PS Vita, a 4GB memory card and copy of Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation for the handheld device.
Also included in the Thanksgiving deal is download code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, 30-day code for PlayStation Plus and a $10 Gift Card toward Assassin's Creed 3 on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 consoles, an Amazon representative told Polygon.
This follows last week's reveal from Sony regarding an Assassin's Creed 3 Vita bundle including a PlayStation Vita limited Edition white Wifi device, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation and a 4GB memory card for $199.99.
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation received a 6 out of 10 from Polygon, stating "Ubisoft's desire to transcend low expectations for handheld spin-offs is clear."[/QUOTE]

That sounds great. Thank you!

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation received a 6 out of 10 from Polygon, stating "Ubisoft's desire to transcend low expectations for handheld spin-offs is clear."[/QUOTE]

That deal sounds awesome

Wow, so that's essentially a five game bundle when you include the three free downloadables from PS+. Absolutely no reason to avoid buying that bundle now, but I will definitely need a bigger memory card than that 4GB.

Good find.

Damn it! I had just reviewed my purchases this morning and decided I couldn't get this after all. This is too good to skip. Looks like my credit card is going to be getting some extra work.

Crazy good deal on the AC3 bundle from Amazon. Crap, now I'm worried it'll sell out in seconds. I must be ready tonight! I don't need that $10 off since I've already bought AC3 on the 360.

Why does it say today??? I thought its the goldbox deal starting tomorrow?

Are you fucking kidding me? That's insane. In for one. Sending my AWD purchase back.

Also wondering why it says today. I thought this was supposed to be tomorrow. I hope it's not a lightning deal.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Crazy good deal on the AC3 bundle from Amazon. Crap, now I'm worried it'll sell out in seconds. I must be ready tonight! I don't need that $10 off since I've already bought AC3 on the 360.

Why does it say today??? I thought its the goldbox deal starting tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
Good spot! Now i'm nervous it's going to go live while I'm having some turkey time.

bread's done
Back