Black Teen Shot, Killed By Neighborhood Watch

[quote name='dohdough']Walking on a motherfucking street with a hoodie on isn't a motherfucking crime either so why the fuck did Zimmerman think he was suspicious? If the witnesses were so unreliable, why did the cops ask leading questions when the tapes corroborate with their account of Martin being the one pleading for help? If Zimmerman never got out of the car, there would've never been a shooting. Records indicate that Zimmerman has a history of violence and oversteps his authority, so why the fuck is he given more benefit of the doubt compared to an average kid? Is it so unlikely that Zimmerman decided to try and detain Martin until the cops showed up considering his history of this kind of bullshit? Is it so unlikely that it was most likely Martin that was acting in self defense?

This is not some isolated incident of Zimmerman acting like a wannabe cop, this guy has a fucking history of it.[/QUOTE]

What was Zimmerman convicted of? I must have missed that.....

[quote name='UncleBob']i.e.: Racism will never be over as long as there are white people.[/QUOTE]
The sky is blue because its the reflection of the ocean...

fuck it. You know what? I'm done explaining this shit to you. Racism never be over because of ignorant fucks like you.

[quote name='GBAstar']What was Zimmerman convicted of? I must have missed that.....[/QUOTE]

He hasn't been arrested for murder but that doesn't mean he never killed anyone, but feel free to keep white knighting this guy. Pun intended.

[quote name='dohdough']fuck it. You know what? I'm done explaining this shit to you.[/QUOTE]

Thank whatever deities do exist. This means there will be less posts about how all white people are either racists or closet racists - so that's a win for sanity.

[quote name='UncleBob']Thank whatever deities do exist. This means there will be less posts about how all white people are either racists or closet racists - so that's a win for sanity.[/QUOTE]

Cause racism only operates on an individual basis right? The white man's burden must be breaking your back. Get fucked.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'd say that is accurate.

I certainly don't want to sound like I'm defending the final outcome (dead kid) but my point is to those that think race was a motive in the killing as I'm willing to bet race and racism has played a much larger role in shaping the comments in this thread and in the newspaper articles then it did with the outcome that night.

I mean the dude (Zimmerman) made something like 60+ calls to the police in just 14 months. I think it is safe to say that not every single call was to report a suspicous black person in a hoodie.

If anything this article should focus on restricting gun control as he (Zimmerman) would make a good poster boy for why it is NOT a good idea to let average joe blows walk around with concealed handguns.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can agree with you there. I'm not as sold as DD that this was a race issue, but there's no doubt this is an issue about why people shouldn't be running around like Clint Eastwood, it's just too easy to make the wrong decision.

I certainly don't want to sound like I'm defending the final outcome (dead kid)[/quote]

You are.

I mean the dude (Zimmerman) made something like 60+ calls to the police in just 14 months. I think it is safe to say that not every single call was to report a suspicous black person in a hoodie.

A rational person would take it to mean the guy should have tamped down about a year before.

Also, I don't take it as evidence of anything that law enforcement is ignoring this for now.

I certainly don't want to sound like I'm defending the final outcome (dead kid) but my point is to those that think race was a motive in the killing as I'm willing to bet race and racism has played a much larger role in shaping the comments in this thread and in the newspaper articles then it did with the outcome that night.

If anything this article should focus on restricting gun control as he (Zimmerman) would make a good poster boy for why it is NOT a good idea to let average joe blows walk around with concealed handguns.[/QUOTE]
If all this is true, then why are you trolling me like a contrarian cum rag when no more than five minutes after that particular post, you ask me when he was convicted of anything as if walking away with killing someone isn't enough. Does talking about racism make you go cross-eyed and go spontaneously dumb or something?

[quote name='soulvengeance']Yeah, I can agree with you there. I'm not as sold as DD that this was a race issue, but there's no doubt this is an issue about why people shouldn't be running around like Clint Eastwood, it's just too easy to make the wrong decision.[/QUOTE]
Personal racism, this is an important distinction, probably played a huge part of why Zimmerman decided to not only stalk, but ultimately try to confront Martin, which lead to the murder. But this is a separate issue from why Zimmerman hasn't been arrested. His lack of arrest has more to do with systemic racism because he's not only protected as a white man that killed a kid, but specifically a black kid.

Having a black person locked up or killed by white people isn't anything new, but when the inaction of the state allows the perpetrators to get away with it, that's the larger problem that we need to address. It's less about whites hating black people KKK style and more about how the system tells us that black lives are worth less than white ones. This is easily seen in death penalty statistics in which people that murder white people are sentenced to death twice as much as the murder of black people. I mean how the fuck would anyone explain that when the race of the murderer has no effect on sentencing?

The shooter Zimmerman is "white" but he doesn't sit on top of the so-called socially constructed hierarchy of races. The guy is Latino and comes from a multiracial family according to his father. In any case, the real story will come out, no matter which way it gets resolved. Just like Jena 6.

But it certainly provides for a lot of discussion in the meantime. Interestingly enough, when you look at certain crime statistics, a lot of Latino/Mexican/Hispanic/Whatever suspects are labeled white, which certainly skews things a bit. The privileged whites certain people rage against are probably overstated in the crime stats.

Demographics may be interesting. Sanford is about 30 percent black and 20 percent Hispanic of any race. Where there are large blocs of Hispanics and blacks, there is often tension. A similar drama is playing out in South Los Angeles as blacks feel Mexican immigrants are pushing them out. This NPR story suggests longstanding racial tensions in Sanford.

But it is amazing to see the coverage of a "white" man shooting a black kid. I see about 800 to 900 articles on Google News alone. I didn't see very many articles about the black teens setting that white child on fire and telling him, "That's what you get white boy."

The tram experience lady had her day in court after going on a racist rant on British public transportation. Not so well-known are the Muslim girls who beat down a British white woman, calling her "white slag." They were let off easy because the judge was convinced they were not used to alcohol due to their faith.

Those girls who talked about the black students vs. "$$$$er" students in their school were outcast by society. Of course, we rarely hear about the black on white, black on black, white on white, brown on brown, brown on black, black on brown hate crimes.

Where are the whites involved in the black/brown brawls in South Los Angeles? Should we also cover tensions within different groups of brown folk? By not covering this aspect of the story, the myth that only whites are racist continues to be fueled.

The issue is simplified into white on black and we never get to the true dynamic of the problem, that sometimes it doesn't even involve "whites." And if we can't pin it on a white guy, the media won't cover it. Violence will continue across and within racial lines regardless of the outcome of this particular story because we fail to look at the issue in a complex and honest way. That's not going to happen, so just bring on the inevitable increase in diversity classes, affirmative action and white guilt already.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spokker']The shooter Zimmerman is "white" but he doesn't sit on top of the so-called socially constructed hierarchy of races. The guy is Latino and comes from a multiracial family according to his father. In any case, the real story will come out, no matter which way it gets resolved. Just like Jena 6.

But it certainly provides for a lot of discussion in the meantime. Interestingly enough, when you look at certain crime statistics, a lot of Latino/Mexican/Hispanic/Whatever suspects are labeled white, which certainly skews things a bit. The privileged whites certain people rage against are probably overstated in the crime stats.

Demographics may be interesting. Sanford is about 30 percent black and 20 percent Hispanic of any race. Where there are large blocs of Hispanics and blacks, there is often tension. A similar drama is playing out in South Los Angeles as blacks feel Mexican immigrants are pushing them out. This NPR story suggests longstanding racial tensions in Sanford.

But it is amazing to see the coverage of a "white" man shooting a black kid. I see about 800 to 900 articles on Google News alone. I didn't see very many articles about the black teens setting that white child on fire and telling him, "That's what you get white boy."

The tram experience lady had her day in court after going on a racist rant on British public transportation. Not so well-known are the Muslim girls who beat down a British white woman, calling her "white slag." They were let off easy because the judge was convinced they were not used to alcohol due to their faith.

Those girls who talked about the black students vs. "$$$$er" students in their school were outcast by society. Of course, we rarely hear about the black on white, black on black, white on white, brown on brown, brown on black, black on brown hate crimes.

Where are the whites involved in the black/brown brawls in South Los Angeles? Should we also cover tensions within different groups of brown folk? By not covering this aspect of the story, the myth that only whites are racist continues to be fueled.

The issue is simplified into white on black and we never get to the true dynamic of the problem, that sometimes it doesn't even involve "whites." And if we can't pin it on a white guy, the media won't cover it. Violence will continue across and within racial lines regardless of the outcome of this particular story because we fail to look at the issue in a complex and honest way. That's not going to happen, so just bring on the inevitable increase in diversity classes, affirmative action and white guilt already.[/QUOTE]

So lemme get this straight...white kids from Jena don't know the long history of lynching, black on non-black crime never gets reported, white Hispanics don't exist, Europe doesn't have a racism problem, people of color are prone and commit just as much hate crime against whites, and white people feel guilty. Gotcha.

[quote name='dohdough']So lemme get this straight...white kids from Jena don't know the long history of lynching, black on non-black crime never gets reported, white Hispanics don't exist, Europe doesn't have a racism problem, people of color are prone and commit just as much hate crime against whites, and white people feel guilty. Gotcha.[/QUOTE]

Jena 6 was a bunch of fucking bullshit and is a perfect example of the cable news outlets distorting a racial story.

Black on white crime is reported on less intensely than white on black crime, yes. The latter becomes a media sensation and the former is relegated to the funny pages. When racial crimes perpetuated by blacks against whites are reported, the race of the offender is often hidden. In the opposite case, well, here you go.

White Hispanics exist, but they aren't the privileged WASPS so-called anti-racists seem to carry on about. I find it odd that if I commit a crime, it goes into the white stats, if we're going to keep such stats.

Europe has a racism problem, and it goes both ways.

People of color are more likely to commit crimes against whites than whites committing crimes against blacks. Even if we are talking about actual "hate crimes," whites commit 62% of hate crimes (which probably also includes white Hispanics) and blacks 19% as of 2009 FBI statistics. Whites are 74.8% of the population and blacks 12.4%. In all, Jews comprised 71.9 percent of the victims, so they should be the ones complaining.

The whole idea, however, only perpetuates this group mentality we have. These crimes by individuals against society, not crimes by groups against other groups. That's the ideal, of course, but it may not be the reality. Suffice to say, we encourage divisiveness.

[quote name='Spokker']In other news, the black militia group wants to take the law into their own hands (looks like Zimmerman isn't the only cowboy in town) and take him in.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ens-arrest-in-fla-shooting-of-trayvon-martin/

Florida has that sweet, sweet castle doctrine and Zimmerman is licensed to carry. They should air the event on Pay-Per-View.[/QUOTE]

How is this the same as the original crime? Or what was your point in posting this?

If black on white/brown/black crime isn't reported, then why are prisons crammed with minorities?

It makes absolutely no sense to go on a rant about minorities being given a "free pass" when the facts show that Blacks and Hispanics are over-represented in the prison population.

Oh that's right. No need to protest if "justice is served."

[quote name='depascal22']If black on white/brown/black crime isn't reported, then why are prisons crammed with minorities?

Oh, that's right. No need to protest if "justice is served."[/QUOTE]

Drug laws and other non-violent crimes.

[quote name='depascal22']Whites don't sell or transport drugs?[/QUOTE]

They do, but minorities (especially blacks) are arrested and imprisoned at rates that are laughably out of proportion with their usage rates.

Guys can we bring this a little closer to the main topic. Seems to be flying off the handle here.

All I want to hear is more detail on what happened from the time the 911 call was placed to the time he was shooting the kid.

You are in a car....he is walking....what happened in which you wound up out of the car in basically a backyard? Self defense? You were in the car....even if the kid started attacking you with skittles and a iced tea...you can just drive away...because you are in a car.

I need to know more about his version of the story, what possibly could the kid have done? Did he run over and pull you out of the car? If so what made him so angry that he would do such a thing. He was only like 40ft from his house, even the thugiest of thugs dont fight so close to their own homes.

Its like he is trying to convince me that 2 + 2 equals 97 and the cops are nodding their head in agreement.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Guys can we bring this a little closer to the main topic. Seems to be flying off the handle here.[/QUOTE]

First time in the VS forum?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Guys can we bring this a little closer to the main topic. Seems to be flying off the handle here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those assholes always get away...with changing the topic.

[quote name='dohdough']
Having a black person locked up or killed by white people isn't anything new, but when the inaction of the state allows the perpetrators to get away with it, that's the larger problem that we need to address. It's less about whites hating black people KKK style and more about how the system tells us that black lives are worth less than white ones. This is easily seen in death penalty statistics in which people that murder white people are sentenced to death twice as much as the murder of black people. I mean how the fuck would anyone explain that when the race of the murderer has no effect on sentencing?[/QUOTE]

Interesting how this type of statistic is being treated as compelling evidence now.

[quote name='Knoell']Interesting how this type of statistic is being treated as compelling evidence now.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that you don't understand what you just quoted.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The feds are investigating the case now.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/20/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1[/QUOTE]
From what I've been reading, the Feds have no jurisdiction over the case in regards to charging and arresting Zimmerman for anything regarding the actual killing unless it was found that Martin's civil rights were violated. They certainly won't be able to do anything regarding the cops that are stonewalling the case.

The most interesting thing about the CNN article is that they're using the 1 drop rule now in regards to Zimmerman being multiracial.

[quote name='dohdough']The most interesting thing about the CNN article is that they're using the 1 drop rule now in regards to Zimmerman being multiracial.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Yeah, it's not a federal crime so they have no jurisdiction.

As far as I know they can just look into possibilities of corruption or discrimination by the police or prosecutors as there are things the feds can do with those sorts of wrongdoings by state/local law enforcement. But nothing they can do to the individual officers. Most that comes out of these types of things is ordering changes in departmental procedures, training policies etc. usually.

[quote name='depascal22']If black on white/brown/black crime isn't reported, then why are prisons crammed with minorities? [/QUOTE]
Reported on the news versus being reported to police.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, it's not a federal crime so they have no jurisdiction.

As far as I know they can just look into possibilities of corruption or discrimination by the police or prosecutors as there are things the feds can do with those sorts of wrongdoings by state/local law enforcement. But nothing they can do to the individual officers. Most that comes out of these types of things is ordering changes in departmental procedures, training policies etc. usually.[/QUOTE]

The law is terribly written, from what I read the police have botched even the minimum that is expected of them.

[quote name='Spokker']Reported on the news versus being reported to police.[/QUOTE]
So what's your fucking point then? Especially when black people are getting punished harsher than whites in the justice system? So what if black people commit racially biased crimes out of proportion to their numbers when whites still commit numerically more racially biased crimes? Like more than 3x as many. According to your own source, whites commited 4092 hate crimes while black people commited 1254. You're a fucking joke.

[quote name='dohdough']Especially when black people are getting punished harsher than whites in the justice system?[/quote]They are, and for good reason.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/sg_annual/9596/ii_2.html

This study is one of the few I've seen that fails to find that race determines the severity of punishments because they control for a lot of the things that affect sentencing.

Overall, the empirical evidence presented in detail in this section documents three primary conclusions:

Before examining any other factors, black offenders were more likely than white offenders to be sentenced to prison (Table 1). Within many offense groups, black offenders received longer prison sentences than white offenders (Table 2).

However, black offenders had higher rates of characteristics generally considered appropriate for higher rates of imprisonment and longer prison sentences (e.g., more serious crimes and more serious prior criminal records) (Table 3).

After taking into account relevant sentencing factors, race was not found to be an influential factor in determining either the decision to sentence an offender to prison (Table 4) or the length of prison sentences for those receiving a prison term (Table 5).

So you can certainly compare drug offenses between white and black offenders, but is the black offender more likely to have a gun around? Is the black drug offender more likely to be involved in intimidation and coercion? Is the black drug offender more likely to be involved with a gang? The evidence suggests that things like this may be going on.

Black offenders had higher overall sentencing guidelines points, which are a composite of the seriousness of the current primary crime, additional current crimes, prior criminal record, victim injury, supervision violation points, drug trafficking enhancements, and law enforcement protection enhancements. The average for total points was 30.7 for black offenders compared to 26.3 for white offenders -- a difference of 4.4 points, or 14.3%.

[quote name='dohdough']So what if black people commit racially biased crimes out of proportion to their numbers when whites still commit numerically more racially biased crimes? Like more than 3x as many. According to your own source, whites commited 4092 hate crimes while black people commited 1254. You're a fucking joke.[/QUOTE]

Whites commit more crimes simply because there are more of them running around, and if you consider that Latinos/Hispanics are lumped in with non-Hispanic whites a lot of the time despite differences in demographic characteristics (poverty, education, etc.), whites probably do even better than the statistics would suggest.

If we are talking about hate crimes specifically, well, vandalism involving a racial epithet is considered a hate crime and reflected in the statistics, while a crime in which four African Americans raped and killed a white couple is just another murder if it cannot be determined to be racially motivated. No hate was involved when the quartet poured chemicals down Ms. Christian's throat.

The news media largely ignored this story.

[quote name='Spokker']They are, and for good reason. [/QUOTE]
Holy fuck balls. Like what good reason? That black offenders are inherently more dangerous?

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/sg_annual/9596/ii_2.html

This study is one of the few I've seen that fails to find that race determines the severity of punishments because they control for a lot of the things that affect sentencing.
I bet you didn't even read the study.

So you can certainly compare drug offenses between white and black offenders, but is the black offender more likely to have a gun around? Is the black drug offender more likely to be involved in intimidation and coercion? Is the black drug offender more likely to be involved with a gang? The evidence suggests that things like this may be going on.
Your quote only answers the question of sentencing, which is based on what they were convicted of AFTER a trial by jury. The inequity doesn't start with sentencing, but before there's even an actual arrest.

Whites commit more crimes simply because there are more of them running around, and if you consider that Latinos/Hispanics are lumped in with non-Hispanic whites a lot of the time despite differences in demographic characteristics (poverty, education, etc.), whites probably do even better than the statistics would suggest.
Then WHY are black men disproportionately represented in the justice system if the only explanation for whites commiting more crimes is that there are just more of them? Did black men just suddenly decide to become criminals in the goddamn 70's or something?

And will you please learn what social construction is and apply it to race? fuck! It's like the difference between white-Hispanic and non-white Hispanic throws your brain into a goddamn loop or something. It's based on goddamn skin color and nothing else you imbecile. Or are you going to play dumb and say that you've never heard of "passing for white?"

If we are talking about hate crimes specifically, well, vandalism involving a racial epithet is considered a hate crime and reflected in the statistics, while a crime in which four African Americans raped and killed a white couple is just another murder if it cannot be determined to be racially motivated. No hate was involved when the quartet poured chemicals down Ms. Christian's throat.

The news media largely ignored this story.
The media ignores a lot of fucking stories. Especially when it comes to missing black or Latino children. Again, what is your fucking point beyond saying that no one covers black on everyone-type crimes? Was Dahmer commiting hate crimes for trying to become the UN of serial killers?

[quote name='soulvengeance']I didn't listen to the tapes, so I don't know if this is true or not, but I thought I would drop this here, possible that he muttered a racial slur.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin...eals-possible-racial-005007672--abc-news.html[/QUOTE]

Short of some kind of editing to the soundclip, which I seriously don't even consider a possibility, I don't think it's fair to say it's "possible" he said it.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/zimmerman-possible-racial-slur-explicit/vGbyc/

Sounds pretty clear to me..

tumblr_m143wtoKei1rpj28zo1_500.jpg

So seriously, when is the guy going to be at least brought in for questioning? I really dont see what is going on here. The other thing is, where is this guys lawyer at? It seems as though he doesnt even have the typical "my lawyer is invoking xxxxx so you cant arrest him," this is just a regular guy who is basically saying fuck off to the police.

At this point if it was indeed self defense and he is so sure of it he might as well voluntarily come in for questioning, its better than hiding in a bunker for a month.

What amazes me is the complete refusal of the police to admit they've made any mistakes, despite the numerous ones they obviously made. It seems to me that the police are trying to cover things up for the guy.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So seriously, when is the guy going to be at least brought in for questioning? I really dont see what is going on here. The other thing is, where is this guys lawyer at? It seems as though he doesnt even have the typical "my lawyer is invoking xxxxx so you cant arrest him," this is just a regular guy who is basically saying fuck off to the police.

At this point if it was indeed self defense and he is so sure of it he might as well voluntarily come in for questioning, its better than hiding in a bunker for a month.[/QUOTE]

The police seem to be done with the case. I don't think they've asked Zimmerman to come in for additional questioning.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So seriously, when is the guy going to be at least brought in for questioning? I really dont see what is going on here. The other thing is, where is this guys lawyer at? It seems as though he doesnt even have the typical "my lawyer is invoking xxxxx so you cant arrest him," this is just a regular guy who is basically saying fuck off to the police.

At this point if it was indeed self defense and he is so sure of it he might as well voluntarily come in for questioning, its better than hiding in a bunker for a month.[/QUOTE]

Supposadely it's going to a grand jury, so he's going to need to be brought in soon.

Also, agreed. The police are definately holding that blue liine of "self-defense, we don't need to do anything" regardless of facts to the contrary.

How can it possibly be self defense when you're following and going after the guy? It's nuts.

[quote name='eldergamer']Supposadely it's going to a grand jury, so he's going to need to be brought in soon.

Also, agreed. The police are definately holding that blue liine of "self-defense, we don't need to do anything" regardless of facts to the contrary.

How can it possibly be self defense when you're following and going after the guy? It's nuts.[/QUOTE]
I really hate to even hint at white-knighting those cops and not that this really matters, but they don't have to do anything more than ask if it was self-defense because of the "Stand your ground" law in place. Since the only witness is Zimmerman, they have(more like choose) to take his word for it even if his account doesn't jive with his calls to non-emergency 911.

There's so much fucked up shit going on with this case that the only conclusion that shouldn't be in question is that Martin is the only victim here. You have a fucked up law in a fucked up place with fucked up cops and a fucked up shooter.

To be fair (but not in defense of their actions) - is anyone really surprised by the police not admitting fault or mistakes?

There's gonna be a lawsuit - and it won't be about changing policy or making the police force better. It's going to be about lining some pockets. No matter how deserved that may be, it should not come as a surprise to anyone that the police department has gone into "save our butts" mode. *Any* admission of mistakes or fault could blow up any chances they might have in court.

[quote name='UncleBob']To be fair (but not in defense of their actions) - is anyone really surprised by the police not admitting fault or mistakes?

There's gonna be a lawsuit - and it won't be about changing policy or making the police force better. It's going to be about lining some pockets. No matter how deserved that may be, it should not come as a surprise to anyone that the police department has gone into "save our butts" mode. *Any* admission of mistakes or fault could blow up any chances they might have in court.[/QUOTE]
No civil suit can be filed if there was no arrest.

Best way to ruin a legit issue post a thread on CAG.

Police turned it over to the states attorney to decide if stand your ground can be applied to this case. They didn't drop the ball or refuse to press charges they turned it over to prosecutor to decide to file. All cases that have enough evidence are turned over to states attornet for prosecution. This is why prosecutors not the police have ability to drop charges on someone.

The guy is going to be charged eventually unless they know something we don't. This was clearly not self defense if he approached the kid.

You can sue someone even if they were not arrested. Civil court & criminal court are two different things.

[quote name='silentevil']Police turned it over to the states attorney to decide if stand your ground can be applied to this case. They didn't drop the ball or refuse to press charges they turned it over to prosecutor to decide to file. [/QUOTE]
This is a shit storm right now so it's hard to believe anything via the telephone game we're playing. Having said that and grains of salt as appropriate, it has been reported that when the girl on the phone with the young man was interviewed by police, she said that Trayvon was pushed and dropped his phone. She said the cop then corrected her and said that Trayvon did the pushing.

How could she have known who was doing the pushing? Obviously she couldn't know with certainty but that's not the part that should be particularly worrying to anyone. A simple cross examination would bear that out. That a cop felt the need to correct her statement, if true, is motherfucking terrifying.

Just sayin. If true, that's ... horrendous.

[quote name='silentevil']Best way to ruin a legit issue post a thread on CAG.

Police turned it over to the states attorney to decide if stand your ground can be applied to this case. They didn't drop the ball or refuse to press charges they turned it over to prosecutor to decide to file. All cases that have enough evidence are turned over to states attornet for prosecution. This is why prosecutors not the police have ability to drop charges on someone.[/quote]
You forgot to mention that it was after pressure form the community.

The guy is going to be charged eventually unless they know something we don't. This was clearly not self defense if he approached the kid.
This doesn't jive with the police chief saying that both parties are equally to blame for their actions.

You can sue someone even if they were not arrested. Civil court & criminal court are two different things.
I understand the difference and it's possible I'm not reading the laws correcty. Section 776.032 has different parts and tere's an immunity clause in there.

bread's done
Back