Black Teen Shot, Killed By Neighborhood Watch

Is it only me, or does anyone else see the parallels between this vile persecution of Zimmerman and batman? "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. He’s the hero [America] deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we’ll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.” 

Shame, really. We need more people like him.

Well on what notion do people presume he tried to detain him?

This guy said in a call to cops about someone else suspicious ''I don't want to approach him''

When following to give instructions, he kept a fair distance.

He PASSED a lie detector test about the incident

It wouldn't look good if you were told by cops to stop following and you then tried to illegally detain someone

It just doesn't add up. It's possible but certainly not proven he tried to find out where this guy had gone. But detain him? Especially somebody quite taller than him? It's simply people's imagination running wild.
On the same notion that you presume that Martin attacked him. You don't know, therefore it could have happened like that.

If you can't see that the fight could have occurred because Zimmerman tried to hold him up, then you need to take a step back because you are assuming just like the people that assumed Zimmerman followed him to shoot him.

On the same notion that you presume that Martin attacked him. You don't know, therefore it could have happened like that.

If you can't see that the fight could have occurred because Zimmerman tried to hold him up, then you need to take a step back because you are assuming just like the people that assumed Zimmerman followed him to shoot him.
Assuming what man? I presume he attacked him because he was on top of him...Zimmerman had injuries...and it goes with most of the evidence. The detain him thing has no weight at all.

A fight where one side has no marks, scratches or injuries is not a fight. It's a one sided attack.

Trying to detain somebody when you've previously expressed reluctance to even approach a person....Now Zimmerman had no idea how old he was, he said he thought he was older. A guy who was described as hopeless by his MMA instructor or self defense instructor, and who clearly had no fighting skills and wasn't really strong, trying to detain somebody he thought was 18 - 19 + and taller than him, knowing it's illegal with the police on their way? Come on it's not even remotely supported by anything.

So it's not really the same notion of presuming an attack when evidently there's ample evidence for it. While we don't know exactly what caused the initial spark, it's pretty wild to imagine it was due to Zimmerman trying to detain this guy, it's very very unlikely given what we know.

While an attack by this kid is not really unlikely given his fighting nature, and the situation that developed with him on top of this guy punching his face or/and having punched him to the ground.

It's not 100% he attacked him but it's a pretty reasonable view and fairly likely. Zimmerman detaining or trying to attack this guy it's both just remote, only thing you can say is that he was a perceived threat, or he insulted this kid so he acted in his own defense to a threat, or took offense to the insult, but either way it's really glossing over or sugar coating the fact he attacked him.

Is it only me, or does anyone else see the parallels between this vile persecution of Zimmerman and batman? "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. He’s the hero [America] deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we’ll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.”

Yea too bad Batman will never use a gun.... YOU DUMB ASS !!!!!!

Zimmerman is no hero, has Batman ever went full gun without evidence, does he make racist assumptions?

Please do not ever compare this scumbag to Batman

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/25/How-CNN-Disgraced-Itself-more-than-any-other-news-outlet

Why CNN has lost all credibility and can longer claim to being in the middle.  CNN has sold out what it's about for ratings since they were struggling to compete.   The ABC news thing about no injuries actually got me originally.  I wasn't too interested in the case at the beginning. But i was curious, and when i saw the footage appearing to show no injuries, i turned off and viewed it as a pretty cut and shut case.   Seemed like this guy shot a kid and made up he was attacked as an excuse.   The media really should have something to answer for, they have constantly misled people.

No, but when I began my original post which Knoell replied to with "technically" then I was indicating that I was not discussing the everyday dictionary definition of murder but rather the technical use of the term as the court and criminal justice system would. I never said anything about everyone needing to speak with common law definitions in mind, rather I was indicating that under the eyes of the law self defense is an admission that you comitted the murder but that you had a justification for it.

Secondly, if you go even further back in my posts you will see that I feel as if even though I don't like the verdict, I respect it because there was just not enough to find that he had an intent to kill Trayvon when he got out of his car. His intent to kill Trayvon only arose after he (reasonably or unreasonably) feared for his life. I'm not entirely sure if Florida recognizes imperfect self-defense (which amounts to a charge of manslaughter) but if they do and he had been charged accordingly they may have been able to find him guilty under those circumstances.

Whether or not I think someone is a piece of shit racist (which I think Zimmerman is) has nothing to do with whether I think there was sufficient factual evidence to find them guilty of murder. Here, he had a justification for the murder and the jury found in his favor. Like I've said before, there was a reason they only brought charges after significant political pressure because even though George Zimmerman is a piece of trash, there aren't enough facts to find him guilty of murder.

That's the entire problem with this case and many of the highly publicized cases, people can't separate their emotions and political idealogies from the outcome they think the case should have. Do I think Casey Anthony killed her daughter? Probably, but there wasn't enough evidence to support the finding. Same with OJ. People think that just because someone "looks guilty" it's enough for them to actually be guilty of the crime, that's not the case.
They don't. I found this out through research during the trial.

Haha yeah I know you're being sarcastic but we really don't need more people who racially profile.

BQXT5ki_CQAAW7m_C.jpg
  LOLLLLL

Riiiight, because George Zimmerman isn't a benefactor of his light skin and the privilege it historically provides. I find it interesting that "Hispanic" has suddenly become a race/color in the minds of some. Keep reaching.

Yea too bad Batman will never use a gun.... YOU DUMB ASS !!!!!!

Zimmerman is no hero, has Batman ever went full gun without evidence, does he make racist assumptions?

Please do not ever compare this scumbag to Batman
Holy Christ...this thread has devolved to people getting butthurt that comparisons are being made to fictional comic book characters? Ya'll need to take a time out...from life.

George Zimmerman gets pulled over by cops in TX for speeding, let go with a warning

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57596401-504083/george-zimmerman-armed-when-stopped-for-speeding-in-texas-report-says/

This is "probably" what transpired

Cop:  you know why I stop you?

GZ: You know who I am?

Cop: Who

GZ:   I am George Zimmerman the man who shot that innocent black teen

Cop: I see, you say he was black

GZ:  Yes, I shot a black teen

Cop: Your free to go with a warning :wink eyes at GZ:

GZ ( pondering ):  I knew killing that n****er was a good thing

Oh and before you people start throwing how dare you say TX cops aren't racist... Heres a news report

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/05/texas.police.seizures/

Racist Amerika ... baby !!!!

Zimmerman is patrolling the entire Southern United States, keeping us all safe from Obama's sons. It brings a tear to my eye. 

George Zimmerman gets pulled over by cops in TX for speeding, let go with a warning

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57596401-504083/george-zimmerman-armed-when-stopped-for-speeding-in-texas-report-says/

Cop: you know why I stop you?

GZ: I am George Zimmerman the man who shot that innocent black teen

GZ: Yes, I shot a black teen

GZ ( pondering ): I knew killing that n****er was a good thing

Oh and before you people start throwing how dare you say TX cops aren't racist... Heres a news report

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH......

At least make sense man Lol

Did someone say racist?

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/charlie-rangel-tea-party-is-same-group-of

Just curious, how is this even remotely relevant?
Its not, you do know GB is one of the resident righty racist posters around here.

He was making a dig that blacks are dumb, and that guy must have failed and got left back so many times, that while he is a "sophomore" in HS he is actaully way older in AGE.

Just curious, how is this even remotely relevant?
His point is that some (black) male teenagers can be bigger than a fully grown male and therefore Zimmerman is justified in killing Martin despite Zimmerman having 30lbs on Martin because weight classes don't matter and one big kid means that everyone could be a big kid. Double irony points because GBAStar was/is a big kid and studied bio-engineering if I remember correctly.

edit: Damn Finger_Shocker, I'm not a huge fan of GBAStar in general, but even I don't think he was going in that direction.

His point is that some (black) male teenagers can be bigger than a fully grown male and therefore Zimmerman is justified in killing Martin despite Zimmerman having 30lbs on Martin because weight classes don't matter and one big kid means that everyone could be a big kid. Double irony points because GBAStar was/is a big kid and studied bio-engineering if I remember correctly.

edit: Damn Finger_Shocker, I'm not a huge fan of GBAStar in general, but even I don't think he was going in that direction.
I am a 28 year old big kid. I was an even bigger 17/18 year old big kid.

My point, although poorly conveyed, is that kid is absolutely fucking huge and well developed for being 15/16. He has a little LeBron James / Greg Oden going on (i.e. he will look like he is 30 when he finishes high school and enters college).

People throw around the "he (Trayvon) was just a 17 year old kid [insert cute picture of Trayvon when he was 11/12]" remark so loosely as if no 17 year old has ever been found culpable for adult actions or committed adult crimes and as if no 17 year old could ever be physically intimidating to someone say 10 years older.

He was making a dig that blacks are dumb, and that guy must have failed and got left back so many times, that while he is a "sophomore" in HS he is actaully way older in AGE.
You got me.

I am a 28 year old big kid. I was an even bigger 17/18 year old big kid.

My point, although poorly conveyed, is that kid is absolutely fucking huge and well developed for being 15/16. He has a little LeBron James / Greg Oden going on (i.e. he will look like he is 30 when he finishes high school and enters college).
This is clearly not the case for Martin though. Like not even close.

People throw around the "he (Trayvon) was just a 17 year old kid [insert cute picture of Trayvon when he was 11/12]" remark so loosely as if no 17 year old has ever been found culpable for adult actions or committed adult crimes and as if no 17 year old could ever be physically intimidating to someone say 10 years older.
When Martin is 2-3 weight classes above Zimmerman, let me know. Martin might be taller than he was at 12, but he wasn't anymore filled out. It's not like he was cutting down to 160 just for that night.

While your critique of the imagery is somewhat valid, your counter-argument is absurd. Are there some huge kids? Sure. No one is denying that. But no one is arguing that there are no big kids that are big enough to intimidate someone 10 years older.

http://gawker.com/george-zimmerman-in-jail-after-domestic-violence-incide-1278931374

But..but, George Zimmerman is a good man who was just trying to protect himself from a violent thug and was made to look like a monster by the liberal maedia! He would never lash out violently against anyone ever!

Also, the story has been updated that he's in police custody and not jail, but still. I wonder who's gonna run to his defense this time.

Are you fr****king for real...

I ain't surprise right winger defend domestic abusers, they have a inner hatred for women in general
Has he been convicted of domestic abuse?

If anything wouldn't the inner racist in me be pissed that the person of color (Zimmerman) hit a white women?

On the idiot in YOU would sit around and say "Yep... this means he's a racist and he killed that boy".

No one said he was a good person. No one said he was a saint. But those of us with half a brain understood he didn't shoot Trayvon because he was black.

We can send Zimmerman there, I wonder how he feel about Muslims?
One thing is for sure.. he wouldn't be held on suspicion of domestic abuse

We can send Zimmerman there, I wonder how he feel about Muslims?
Stop labeling people with your preconceived notions based on the color of their skin/religion. You're bringing religion into a debate that has no business in the discussion. Did GZ burn a Syrian flag or something, why do you judge people, and let's be honest, republicans and white people and lump them under the same umbrella all the time.

I only mention Syria because it's a real news story and has an world impact and this board doesn't even talk about another potential war we are getting involved in, or people dying. Guess everyone on this board hates muslims then, right? That's no more a stupid statement than what passes for your posts.

Has he been convicted of domestic abuse?

If anything wouldn't the inner racist in me be pissed that the person of color (Zimmerman) hit a white women?

On the idiot in YOU would sit around and say "Yep... this means he's a racist and he killed that boy".

No one said he was a good person. No one said he was a saint. But those of us with half a brain understood he didn't shoot Trayvon because he was black.

[/QUOTE]:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Black was just a coincidence to you people...................

Stop labeling people with your preconceived notions based on the color of their skin/religion. You're bringing religion into a debate that has no business in the discussion. Did GZ burn a Syrian flag or something, why do you judge people, and let's be honest, republicans and white people and lump them under the same umbrella all the time.

I only mention Syria because it's a real news story and has an world impact and this board doesn't even talk about another potential war we are getting involved in, or people dying. Guess everyone on this board hates muslims then, right? That's no more a stupid statement than what passes for your posts.
I only brought it up, because you brought Syria into a GZ thread...

And I thought some of you people want the USA to mind their own business and not be the world's police.... Gezzz can't win with you guys

Meanwhile in Syria...

If you're so interested in discussing it, there's nothing stopping you from starting a thread about it. But no, you'd rather do some concern trolling. Why don't you bring up the gun stats about Detroit again as if you actually give a shit about it to begin with.

edit: Oh right...you're not all that interested in Syria either because you'd rather shit up a thread instead of starting one about it.

You said it, brah.

I'm not opposed to some trolling and I'm guilty of it myself as are most of the people on vs., but this is way over the fucking top. That's some stormfront-level bullshit right there. Even the worst of us wouldn't post that shit.

So apparently Doh seems to think I'm trolling while a wise man once said "I'm not opposed to some trolling and I'm guilty of it myself"

So yeah, Doh the great humanitarian over here thinks me pointing out somebody's gossip column crap news as less important than 100,000 people being killed by another great dictator, is trolling. So be it, but don't pretend that you actually care. I guess farting is like trolling, we only like our own brand.

And you are right, I didn't create a thread, though I never have here. Since nobody else, I guess nobody cares, right?

I also like how everyone hates on Zimmerman yet completely ignores the black on white crime. Here without further ado another example:

http://pix11.com/2013/09/09/union-square-beating-victim-dies-at-bellevue-hospital/

Silly Oprah is nowhere to be seen.
Ahh, and I like how you ignore this country's insidious history of race relations and the institutional oppression of minorities. I like how you also "ignore" the fact that when a White is killed by a Black, it's very seldom proven as a crime of racial prejudice. But, yeah, I like the way you think.

So apparently Doh seems to think I'm trolling while a wise man once said "I'm not opposed to some trolling and I'm guilty of it myself"

So yeah, Doh the great humanitarian over here thinks me pointing out somebody's gossip column crap news as less important than 100,000 people being killed by another great dictator, is trolling. So be it, but don't pretend that you actually care. I guess farting is like trolling, we only like our own brand.

And you are right, I didn't create a thread, though I never have here. Since nobody else, I guess nobody cares, right?
Context is a fucking bitch, ain't it?

So tell me, was that quote of mine before or after someone made a shitbag post? Or was bear489 a completely innocent bystander that did absolutely nothing to provoke some form of derision?

And as for your own inane posts, you are not looking to have a discussion about Syria in this thread. You can dumpster dive into my post history all you want and pull shit out of context, but all your effort won't change the fact that you used the subject of Syria to troll the thread. You don't want to be called out on concern trolling? Then don't concern troll. It's not like this thread is the only one on vs. and there's already a discussion about Syria in the "Stay Classy Obama" thread. You might've noticed if you were interesting in something other than trolling. Cry me a fucking river with your faux concern in this thread as if we could only discuss one issue at a time.

At least egofed puts his money where his mouth is and starts a thread even on the silliest of bases.

The usual nonsense. White people are treated so poorly by so many fellow white people. It's shocking.  Liberals are a disgrace to America. 

Zimmerman's ex-wife is not pressing charges. Not pressing charges for punching her father in the face?

Based on everything I have read, I think this was a power play on the part of the ex-wife. Women use 911 as a threat in domestic situations, especially when there is a legal conflict.

Anyway, Zimmerman is an idiot for not speaking to his ex-wife with an attorney present. He is too naive. He thinks he can resolve conflicts himself. As a man, you generally cannot resolve major domestic and legal conflicts with women by yourself and come out ahead. He may get what's coming to him if he doesn't do all this through a lawyer.

Apparently all these gun lovers proclaim that being a CCW holder and training makes gun owners super responsible...

Funny they never had Zimmerman in mind,  I mean carrying a gun to your soon to be ex-wife and father in law house, and punching your FIL and having your hand by your waist while arguing with your wife...

Another law abiding gun owner to be proud of ....LOL

Ahh, and I like how you ignore this country's insidious history of race relations and the institutional oppression of minorities. I like how you also "ignore" the fact that when a White is killed by a Black, it's very seldom proven as a crime of racial prejudice. But, yeah, I like the way you think.
Ignore the history? Oh please when have I ever said that? Seriously point it out in any of my posts.

PS: I am not white.

Good thing nobody raise your sad ass during the early parts of the last 150 or so years... where white on black crime was the norm..
Yeah good thing it is in the past. Too bad you are still stuck on that.

http://gawker.com/george-zimmerman-in-jail-after-domestic-violence-incide-1278931374

But..but, George Zimmerman is a good man who was just trying to protect himself from a violent thug and was made to look like a monster by the liberal maedia! He would never lash out violently against anyone ever!

Also, the story has been updated that he's in police custody and not jail, but still. I wonder who's gonna run to his defense this time.
Ok seems like you've rushed to judgement again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/shellie-zimmerman-tells-fla-police-her-husband-george-did-not-threaten-her/2013/09/10 /dbed94e8-1a19-11e3-8685-5021e0c41964_story.html Did not threatene her or even have a gun on him

bread's done
Back