Blazblue art book $15 includes shipping

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Seems that Arksys has added the sought after Blazblue Artbook to their website's store for $15. This is going for $50+ on eBay so It'd be worth it for those still looking for one.

You'll find it at the bottom of the page
http://www.aksysgames.com/store/

Also this is my first deal post so if this item should be in another forum feel free to move it.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i just got my artbook. it came in a manila envelope and the artbook is slightly bent. overall, its in good shape.

i also got the 2008 promo cd

[quote name='blackwaltz34']well, i just got my artbook. it came in a manila envelope and the artbook is slightly bent. overall, its in good shape.

i also got the 2008 promo cd[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm going to skip this. I already got mine from the GS pre-order. I don't want to pay for a potential bent art book.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']well, i just got my artbook. it came in a manila envelope and the artbook is slightly bent. overall, its in good shape.

i also got the 2008 promo cd[/QUOTE]

Bah... that's weak. It would've been nice if they used a photo mailer but I should've figured they would do something like this. But I don't think it can come in any worse shape than the one I got from GS. Or at least I hope it doesn't.

I should really sell my artbook but it's too late now... tons of people have listed theirs since this went up and the price has plummeted.

Depends on if your mailman, or woman decides to try to stuff your artbook through your slot or box. I see potential for this to happen, I hope to catch them before and just pick mail by hand >_>

[quote name='Dogmeat26']ah great to hear. how was the condition of the book?[/QUOTE]
Ordered 2, both in pretty good shape, although like others have said they ship in a plain manila envelope without any stiffeners so lots of potential for damage. Small crease in one, other is pretty clean.

[quote name='Link927']Depends on if your mailman, or woman decides to try to stuff your artbook through your slot or box. I see potential for this to happen, I hope to catch them before and just pick mail by hand >_>[/QUOTE]

That's not all.. the item's in transit through many processing centers and whatnot. It'll be mixed in with big boxes and oddly shaped packages, which will no doubt do a majority of the damage.

[quote name='Vinny']That's not all.. the item's in transit through many processing centers and whatnot. It'll be mixed in with big boxes and oddly shaped packages, which will no doubt do a majority of the damage.[/QUOTE]

Well, that I cant prevent. However, stopping one more crumple attempt that has a 90% chance of happening is as easy as greeting your mailman.

[quote name='Vinny']
I should really sell my artbook but it's too late now... tons of people have listed theirs since this went up and the price has plummeted.[/QUOTE]

Set the date to expire in one day and put a BIN on it for what you want.

Mine just sold today for $40, so you can still beat the competition.

I found a copy of blazblue LE at my gamestop lucked out since it was still sealed mint. If anyone is interested send me a paypal offer otherwise its going back in a few wks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I like how some of these sellers are describing the reason why GS stopped giving away the artbook was because of "offensive images" The only offensive image was when they pulled the artbook from my preorder -_-

I just recieved my artbook myself today. Somewhat surpised with the fast shipping, dont live that close to the distribution center. The content is what I was expecting, a bit thinner than I expected, but not too bad. I wonder how those $50 buyers felt when they saw this come in the mail...

[quote name='Link927']Ah, I like how some of these sellers are describing the reason why GS stopped giving away the artbook was because of "offensive images" The only offensive image was when they pulled the artbook from my preorder -_-

I just recieved my artbook myself today. Somewhat surpised with the fast shipping, dont live that close to the distribution center. The content is what I was expecting, a bit thinner than I expected, but not too bad. I wonder how those $50 buyers felt when they saw this come in the mail...[/QUOTE]like this...:bomb::bs:#-ofuck

Got mine in the mail today. It was bent though, and yea, I'll admit, I was expecting a little bit more than concept art and short movelist for most pages, but it's still fine since I'm somewhat collecting them.

MY friend has a copy of this, it's really cool as a promo item but IMO not worth $15.

It's about 1/2 the size of your average magazine with slightly nicer print quality. The cover art is gorgeous though.

[quote name='david12795']How fast is teh shipping?[/QUOTE]

Extremely fast. People here have gotten it in a couple days after ordering.

[quote name='elessar123']Extremely fast. People here have gotten it in a couple days after ordering.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever get a email saying your order has shipped or anything? I ordered mine Thursday. I really don't know when to expect it. xD

[quote name='jman619']Did you ever get a email saying your order has shipped or anything? I ordered mine Thursday. I really don't know when to expect it. xD[/QUOTE]

Never got anything past the paypal reciept, but it'll come.

I guess a lot of people are/will be getting bent up artbooks since they ship it in a plain envelope. Wish they would send it with a rigid backing or some sort.

It doesn't really matter if you call it blazblue or BlazBlue. We still understand which game you are talking about.

It's just like calling GS, gamestop or game stop, it's still the same shitty company we are coming to loathe.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Seeing how available these have become, I'm increasingly glad that I sold mine at launch for ~$70... ;)[/QUOTE]

lucky. i didn't want to give gamestop my money though.

[quote name='Fearia']Don't know if it's been mentioned, but isn't the game called BlazBlue? :) OP might want to edit the thread title.[/QUOTE]
You know I thought I did spell it Blazblue. Weird.

I placed an order for an artbook and an order for the folder and they both came today along with 2 promo cds. :D the folder is super cute. chibi characters on both sides. :D

[quote name='jman619']Did you ever get a email saying your order has shipped or anything? I ordered mine Thursday. I really don't know when to expect it. xD[/QUOTE]

Nope, never got anything saying it shipping.

[quote name='rarebucky']Got mine today, absolutely pristine. Mine was in an envelope today but came with a rigid cardboard backing.[/QUOTE]
Woohoo. They apparently learned. Now let's see if this was just a random wise guy or the whole shipping department wised up.

[quote name='rarebucky']Got mine today, absolutely pristine. Mine was in an envelope today but came with a rigid cardboard backing.[/QUOTE]Damn you! I just got the manilla envelope and the book is a little bent and there's an indent of the CD on the book. :bomb:

I got my copy today... and even though it was shipped in a regular manila envelope, it came in great shape... much better than my GS copy.

Now, if only I had sold my original artbook earlier...:whistle2:(

mine came today as well, much better shape than the GS one, one tiny minor crease but its not noticeable unless ur looking for it.

I ordered Blazblue from GS, with the art book bonus (even though I already have Blazblue). Now I bought my second Blazblue from gamestop.com.

Question: Can I return my online-bought Blazblue to a local Gamestop for my money back? Or do I HAVE to return my online-bought Blazblue back to its original return address? It's my first time doing this, so IDK. TIA.

If all works well, then the art book will have cost me just the shipping cost.

Sold my 4 copies of the artbook on ebay for $240+ to respected members.
I bought four of the little chibi folders to go along with them as 'added value'.

As I suspected, the buyers were overseas and don't have access to the artbook even from Aksys.

I ordered mine on Sunday and got it today, no cardboard backing but it wasn't bent at all so I'm satisfied. The book itself isn't that bad at all, but I do wish I'd ordered some folders. Maybe I will now.

[quote name='dallow']Sold my 4 copies of the artbook on ebay for $240+ to respected members.
I bought four of the little chibi folders to go along with them as 'added value'.

As I suspected, the buyers were overseas and don't have access to the artbook even from Aksys.[/QUOTE]

hmm how much did it cost for you to ship?

[quote name='prateeko']Are these still going for a bit/lot on eBay?[/QUOTE]

Over the last couple days, they do not seem to be that high. Most are going for about $25-$30.

I just got my art book from Gamestop for $3.25 (26 cents for the book + $2.99 shipping). And they only sent me the art book, nice. It's like they knew I didn't want the game again, lol.

The book is bigger than I had imagined. It's pretty nice, but I can't believe these books net good profits.

bread's done
Back