BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got denied getting my preorder changed to overnight shipping. Of course she said I could cancel and lose my "premium item" and reorder. :/

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yea.. it's kind of dumb. I mean.. compare the amount of time you're gonna put into it.

Bioshock - about what, 8 hours?
SFIV - I've already put over 100 hours into it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I with you on that, I've clocked more than 100 hours on SFIV, paid $80 for it (CE), no other game in my library has been able to have me playing for over 100 hours. Paid $80 for the RE5 and I beat that in a week and its now collecting dust. To me games with extreme replay value are worth every penny, be it a fighting game or racing game, whatever you're into. Blazblue is definitely gonna be worth every penny in my book, the fact that it comes with a bunch of bonus stuff without milking more money from us makes the deal even sweeter.

[quote name='Reiniku']I also got denied getting my preorder changed to overnight shipping. Of course she said I could cancel and lose my "premium item" and reorder. :/[/QUOTE]

Man, I guess I got lucky then. o_0 I got this lady that sounded like she just realllllllly wanted to go home (it was Friday afterall). I just asked if I could upgrade my shipping to overnight and she asked for my name, address, and order #. Then I was like "I won't be charged extra, right? Since the stopwatch sale is for free overnight?" and she said "Yup.". Maybe you just need to keep calling until you get a different employee? :lol:

[quote name='clockwork-zombie']To get the free overnight shipping would mean having to cancel your order and reorder, thus losing your artbook.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily. I didn't lose my artbook on my order, I think it just really depends on the csr you get. :\

On another note, did anyone have their order ship yet? I thought I read a few pages back that the reps were saying it was shipping soon?

[quote name='nekobi']On another note, did anyone have their order ship yet? I thought I read a few pages back that the reps were saying it was shipping soon?[/QUOTE]

No confirmation yet, but my card was charged yesterday, so it should be coming soon.

[quote name='distgfx']Not at all, I think it has more replay value than any other game genres. Depends on whether you plan to just play it casually and never touch it again after a while or actually learn to play it.[/QUOTE]

Even if I "learn to play it" I still wouldn't get as much time out of it as, say, an RPG. Once or twice through per character and without online competition or several friends who like to play fighting games for hours on end it'd be game over for me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though. There are plenty here who wouldn't pay over $15 for any game. And I probably get almost as much time out of most shmups as I do the majority of RPGs just because I enjoy that genre. Just wanted clarification. No need to get all elitist-fighter-master-fanboy on me. :lol:

As for getting infuriated over what someone thinks of a video game price... or worrying about what genre holds its value longer... LOL :roll:.

[quote name='fairtrade']Even if I "learn to play it" I still wouldn't get as much time out of it as, say, an RPG. Once or twice through per character and without online competition or several friends who like to play fighting games for hours on end it'd be game over for me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though. There are plenty here who wouldn't pay over $15 for any game. And I probably get almost as much time out of most shmups as I do the majority of RPGs just because I enjoy that genre. Just wanted clarification. No need to get all elitist-fighter-master-fanboy on me. :lol:

As for getting infuriated over what someone thinks of a video game price... or worrying about what genre holds its value longer... LOL
:roll:.[/QUOTE]

wtf? I was just telling you who would get more value out of the game and why. No need to be a dick about it.

[quote name='fairtrade']Even if I "learn to play it" I still wouldn't get as much time out of it as, say, an RPG. Once or twice through per character and without online competition or several friends who like to play fighting games for hours on end it'd be game over for me.

As for getting infuriated over what someone thinks of a video game price... or worrying about what genre holds its value longer... LOL :roll:.[/QUOTE]

Xbox Live is where it's at buddy. :D

Sorry, I am a bit confused, is an art book no longer available with the pre-order? I don't see one on Gamestop or Amazon. All I see is a soundtrack and a bonus disc. I apoligise if I missed something.

[quote name='ck76']Sorry, I am a bit confused, is an art book no longer available with the pre-order? I don't see one on Gamestop or Amazon. All I see is a soundtrack and a bonus disc. I apoligise if I missed something.[/QUOTE]
The artbook was only available at gamestop, and in limited quantities. By all accounts the artbooks are all gone.

[quote name='pjb16']The artbook was only available at gamestop, and in limited quantities. By all accounts the artbooks are all gone.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

As for getting infuriated over what someone thinks of a video game price... or worrying about what genre holds its value longer... LOL :roll:.[/QUOTE]

To be fair Dist was giving you an strait forward answer with no hints of anything you accused him of. To me it seems you are now just starting shit in this thread for no real reason other than:
1) You suck at fighters
2) For some reason you think this game should be cheaper, even though Aksys already made the first print run LE for both systems.
3)Your a troll

You wanted a BB fanboy well here one is. Really if your just going to bitch about it, then don't get it. Not that hard and no one playing will miss you one bit.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Xbox Live is where it's at buddy. :D[/QUOTE]

That's why most of the FGT is getting it for PS3? :lol:

Had to bust your balls.

[quote name='LostRoad']To be fair Dist was giving you an strait forward answer with no hints of anything you accused him of. To me it seems you are now just starting shit in this thread for no real reason other than:
1) You suck at fighters
2) For some reason you think this game should be cheaper, even though Aksys already made the first print run LE for both systems.
3)Your a troll

You wanted a BB fanboy well here one is. Really if your just going to bitch about it, then don't get it. Not that hard and no one playing will miss you one bit.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I was just about to say something myself but you beat me to the punch. Couldn't have said it better myself. It is awesome that this LE is priced the same as a normal game! Note to other publishers... follow this example! :)

I am going to play this game like crazy next week when I get it! Cannot wait for it especially after reading the reviews so far.

[quote name='distgfx']That's why most of the FGT is getting it for PS3? :lol:

Had to bust your balls.
[/QUOTE]

Why must you lie to everyone in this thread? Everyone knows the people in the FGT are smart and are therefore getting Xbox copies. :]

[quote name='distgfx']wtf? I was just telling you who would get more value out of the game and why. No need to be a dick about it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I read too much into the last reply. Seemed like a backhanded way of saying that only those who suck at fighting games and don't learn how to play them would think $60 is too much.

The majority of tournaments are using PS3 only because of the usb support of many different types of sticks/pads.There seriously isn't much of a difference between the games on either platform.

[quote name='fairtrade']As for getting infuriated over what someone thinks of a video game price... or worrying about what genre holds its value longer... LOL :roll:.[/QUOTE]

You said that fighting games as a genre are worth less than other genres... it's an ignorant blanket generalization that's essentially saying that one of my hobbies is worth shit. It's a growing trend that I find infuriating, yes, because it affects something that I care about. Just like people who are very vocal on forums about DLC, digital distribution, and other industry standards, this is something that bugs me.

Anyway I find any ignorance infuriating, but that's just me.

As for platform, I'll be on 360... if for nothing else than the potentially better online experience. None of my local friends play fighting games as extensively as I do, so I really rely on a fleshed out online (which this game looks to have). I do sort of regret my decision with the whole PSP remote play thing coming to light, but I can always pick up the PS3 version as well down the line if I really want to.

Decided to go ahead and get this on 360. Don't want to have to get a stick for PS3 since I will probably get the Tekken 6 bundle later on. Anyway, I thought Guilty Gear was a fun game but very tough to really get into due to the steep learning curve. Hopefully there will be plenty of other newbs playing this online so I don't get murdered every time while trying to learn the game. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']Decided to go ahead and get this on 360. Don't want to have to get a stick for PS3 since I will probably get the Tekken 6 bundle later on. Anyway, I thought Guilty Gear was a fun game but very tough to really get into due to the steep learning curve. Hopefully there will be plenty of other newbs playing this online so I don't get murdered every time while trying to learn the game. :D[/QUOTE]
I never played Guilty Gear, but I got it on ps3, so no playing this newb. :cry:

[quote name='nekobi']Man, I guess I got lucky then. o_0 I got this lady that sounded like she just realllllllly wanted to go home (it was Friday afterall). I just asked if I could upgrade my shipping to overnight and she asked for my name, address, and order #. Then I was like "I won't be charged extra, right? Since the stopwatch sale is for free overnight?" and she said "Yup.". Maybe you just need to keep calling until you get a different employee? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think I am going trying this, hopefully i do not screwed out of my art book, thanks for the information.

I know this is a very subjective question and mostly depends on your preference but if you could only buy one game: Would you buy Blazblue or King of Fighters 12?

BlazBlue. From all reports I've read the game is quality and its netcode and online features the best around. I haven't seen too many positive impressions of the arcade release of KOF12. Sounds somewhat beta-ish. Plus the netcode on the SNK XBLA ports has been poor. Doesn't mean KOF12 will have the same issues but their past efforts don't fill me with confidence.

IGN gave this game an awesome review. I think I'm going to order one for the Ps3. I need another fighter. I haven't played SF4 in four months and Tekken is too far off.

Man. I didn't even see this thread, otherwise I would've preordered online. But I did do some trade-ins and in-stored this yesterday for the 360. Still a nice package for the price, though.

[quote name='Bunnz']BlazBlue. From all reports I've read the game is quality and its netcode and online features the best around. I haven't seen too many positive impressions of the arcade release of KOF12. Sounds somewhat beta-ish. Plus the netcode on the SNK XBLA ports has been poor. Doesn't mean KOF12 will have the same issues but their past efforts don't fill me with confidence.[/QUOTE]

Their netcode is strange, but awesome.

During the intro and THE WHEEL OF FATE IS TURNING, it'll be laggy as all hell, as it syncs. During actual gameplay, I haven't seen any slowdown in this stream I've been watching.

I just called, and the lady was very nice. I just told her I wanted to upgrade my shipping to the free over night one (20 hours left on the stop watch counter). She did it without any problems, but I also asked if that would affect my artbook bonus, she said no.

[quote name='MasterWolf']I just called, and the lady was very nice. I just told her I wanted to upgrade my shipping to the free over night one (20 hours left on the stop watch counter). She did it without any problems, but I also asked if that would affect my artbook bonus, she said no.[/QUOTE]
I again got shot down on my 3rd attempt. Though this is the second time I was told it was already processed to be shipped out some maybe that reason is true. But I was also told the free overnight could only apply to an order made in the last day.

At least this guy was much nicer than the girl from yesterday.

[quote name='MasterWolf']I just called, and the lady was very nice. I just told her I wanted to upgrade my shipping to the free over night one (20 hours left on the stop watch counter). She did it without any problems, but I also asked if that would affect my artbook bonus, she said no.[/QUOTE]

I tried again and was told that my order had already been processed. It was at least better than the person yesterday who told me that the only way to get the free overnight shipping was to cancel and reorder.

[quote name='JEKKI']almost at 900 posts!!!

did someone mention an artbook??

2egfjgm.jpg

check what I got![/QUOTE]
What? How did you get it already? I'm jealous.

[quote name='JEKKI']almost at 900 posts!!!

did someone mention an artbook??

2egfjgm.jpg

check what I got![/QUOTE]

OOooooh! What are those neat looking items and where did you get them?! :bouncy:

[quote name='Thomas96']Can you still get the LE version in store... or do you hve to preorder it.[/QUOTE]
All that exists so far is the LE version, so wherever you purchase it, it will be the LE version. It's just the artbook that was exclusive to GameStop.com preorders and apparently those are already gone.

[quote name='clockwork-zombie']I tried again and was told that my order had already been processed. It was at least better than the person yesterday who told me that the only way to get the free overnight shipping was to cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]

I just called and the person I talked to said he would change mine to overnight. I didn't have any problems with it.

My artbook went from backordered to pending. I don't know if that's a good thing.

[quote name='nekobi']OOooooh! What are those neat looking items and where did you get them?! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

http://www.aksysgames.com/store/

50$ for the bag, draw mat, and some calendar thing. the potion is a gamecrazy preorder. its one of those toxic energy drink that should not be drank. the art book is of course the gamestop preorder.

[quote name='Shimoto']I just called and the person I talked to said he would change mine to overnight. I didn't have any problems with it.

My artbook went from backordered to pending. I don't know if that's a good thing.[/QUOTE]

i emailed them and the person was like i already have a code used. i asked them to switch the code, but i guess they didnt understand. i replied back to emphasize it, but now just waiting.

[quote name='nekobi']All that exists so far is the LE version, so wherever you purchase it, it will be the LE version. It's just the artbook that was exclusive to GameStop.com preorders and apparently those are already gone.[/QUOTE]

that's good, I don't care about the artbook, I like the LE edition. I think I might have some extra money to pick his up tomorrow

bread's done
Back