Blazblue PS3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='bjstucker']I was on. I have a question, can you do the 3 consec wins with friends or is it just quickmatch?[/QUOTE]

I think it only applies to ranked matches (quick match/custom match)

Anyone in the southeast up for some matches? Input lag has been destroying me online lately :( I won't be available until late sunday though due to work

[quote name='jaideam']Anyone in the southeast up for some matches? Input lag has been destroying me online lately :( I won't be available until late sunday though due to work[/QUOTE]

When?

Thanks for the games last night guys. It's good to see a variety of characters played in a semi-competent fashion. I'll have to practice up so I don't stink up the place next week. :)

Yeah, it was fun, even though I got my ass handed to me most of the time, haha. Need to practice more, haven't played in about a week since last night. Really only familiar with Noel, so I was mostly experimenting with Tager and some others.

o blegh!! i missed another cag night hahaha, besides the fact i probably couldn't play since it was so late on a weeknight. any good nu players here? i've been trying to perfect my nu play but am failing miserable with certain combos (one's that use IAD or dash after throw)

Can't stand this game anymore. All I play is Nu, Arakune, and Rachel. Extremely frustrating as I am Tager/Hakumen.

Don't have the patience at all to get good at the game, I would rather play SF4 100 times over, and that is saying something.

Waiting for MvC2 to come out.

[quote name='coleipoo']Can't stand this game anymore. All I play is Nu, Arakune, and Rachel. Extremely frustrating as I am Tager/Hakumen.

Don't have the patience at all to get good at the game, I would rather play SF4 100 times over, and that is saying something.

Waiting for MvC2 to come out.[/QUOTE]

This is why I don't really play the game. I moved onto KOF12 and stick with SF4 as my main fighting games.

I picked the game up 10 days ago and have been loving it. I was very lucky to find it out in the wild about 45 mins drive from my house. And I finally have a working computer and internet connection for the first time this summer! If anyone wants to play, feel free to add me:

cecilpaladin32

The only complaint I have is the incomplete games statistic. I was handily winning 4 matches when the other person rage quit on me (ie I was up one round and was about to win the second) and *I* have to have a black mark for that? What's worse, 3 of the 4 were ranked matches (where my current record is only 3-2) I only have one incomplete game that I deserve and that was one where I was up two rounds to one in a best of five and my connection just timed out. I hate people who can't take a loss like a man.

Only other gripe is that I don't think I'll ever be able to beat Nu on Score Attack, though =/.

On another note, has anyone had a problem with the game freezing on them? The game has frozen my PS3 8 times, primarily during network play, and I'm getting worried. The nearly two years I've owned the console, it has only frozen a couple of times. I contacted Aksys Games and was told they'd "try and get a replacement" and will be mailing my copy in soon. There were a couple of small smudges on the disk from the day I opened it, but nothing that should cause that. Hmm....

Might just be something in their netcode that hangs the system. I usually run into hang-ups if it's loading/trying to sync up and I hit the home button.

Finally starting to get a hang of how the game plays, but I kind of feel like a douche because I've had the most success with Nu. -_-

You should!

Haha j/k. Well, I was thinking of holding CAG nights still on Thurs. However, rooms of 6 seems a little too big. People usually end up waiting quite a while since matches take a good 3 minutes to complete.

So I was thinking I could have another host, preferably someone on the east coast to host another room. Then we could have like 3-4 per room to cut down on the wait time.

Does anyone have any issues with their Limited Edition bonus discs? Disc two of the soundtrack intermittently fails to mount on my MacBook Pro. The Blu-ray Disc intermittently gets a disc read error once launched.

With both my Mac and my PS3, these are the only problems I've ever had -- and only with these discs. I'm hoping I'm just having and issues with my discs. Otherwise, I have serious problems.

I haven't had any issues with mine.

In fact, only issue I've had is getting confused with this game :p I'm so lost on playing it most of the time. I love how the discs refer to "A, B, C, D" and "A + B" and the like, and not the actual PS3 controls. It's driving me insane trying to remember what does what!

[quote name='WebScud']Does anyone have any issues with their Limited Edition bonus discs? Disc two of the soundtrack intermittently fails to mount on my MacBook Pro. The Blu-ray Disc intermittently gets a disc read error once launched.

With both my Mac and my PS3, these are the only problems I've ever had -- and only with these discs. I'm hoping I'm just having and issues with my discs. Otherwise, I have serious problems.[/QUOTE]

If you think they're messed up, contact arksys. they're good about handling customer service concerns.

Anyone close to beating unlimited Ragna? Damn carnage scissors!

Ok, another CAG night as scheduled (8PST/11EST).

This time I'll have two rooms up, hopefully. If you're situated on the West Coast, please ask to join my room. If you're on the east coast, inquire with Rei no Otaku. If needed we'll have a 3rd room, on the West Coast.

Also, things would go smoothly if you can join the IRC channel. Directions on how to do so are contained in my post a couple pages back.

Look forward to seeing you guys on tonight.

[quote name='enufs8d']If you think they're messed up, contact arksys. they're good about handling customer service concerns.

Anyone close to beating unlimited Ragna? Damn carnage scissors![/QUOTE]
Bwahaha.. Ragna ftw!!! :lol:

Everyone who wants in on the east coast send me a friend request if you haven't already.

At around 10:45 I'll set up the room.

Also I don't know who is or isn't on the East Coast other than forgrim. So send me a message to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the most fun I've had with a fighting game since SNES sessions of Street Fighter II.

Amusing that no one ever wants to be Carl.

omg this game sux....

i played it for 3 straight hours... !why is computer so hard lol

game is fun! this is my first aksys game( never played guilty gear).
its like inbetween SF and Mahvel cause its fast, but u cant get a seizure cause of all the assists and specials.

when is the next BB night?

[quote name='Furashu']omg this game sux....

i played it for 3 straight hours... !why is computer so hard lol

game is fun! this is my first aksys game( never played guilty gear).
its like inbetween SF and Mahvel cause its fast, but u cant get a seizure cause of all the assists and specials.

when is the next BB night?[/QUOTE]

Have you played Street Fighter 4? The single player in BlazBlue is infinitely easier. I beat Hell mode on arcade fairly easily, and I almost never play fighters. I can almost beat score attack.

Whereas when I play SF4 I can barely beat Seth on Street Fighter 4 on medium with Ryu (my best character), and can't beat him on Medium-Hard difficulty.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Have you played Street Fighter 4? The single player in BlazBlue is infinitely easier. I beat Hell mode on arcade fairly easily, and I almost never play fighters. I can almost beat score attack.

Whereas when I play SF4 I can barely beat Seth on Street Fighter 4 on medium with Ryu (my best character), and can't beat him on Medium-Hard difficulty.[/QUOTE]

yeah i played sf4 and can beat seth on hardest mode, but i get my ass kicked by haku and v-13 lol. u must be the next fighting game prodigy then.

v-13 gave me trouble on hell mode a bit. I think I needed 5 tries to beat her, although I was usually close when I lost. I still can't beat her on score attack. I have problems with hakumen on score attack sometimes as well, but not on any other difficulty. who do you main as? I main as Jin and just go nuts hehe.

I bow to you for being able to beat seth on hardest, that's really impressive. I'm honestly surprised that blazblue is even remotely challenging for you. Everyone I personally know who has played both games finds blazblue the easier of the two. I think blazblue tends to reward hyper aggression, whereas street fighter is more tactical especially with focus attacks/far more frequent blocking.

[quote name='darkcecil32']v-13 gave me trouble on hell mode a bit. I think I needed 5 tries to beat her, although I was usually close when I lost. I still can't beat her on score attack. I have problems with hakumen on score attack sometimes as well, but not on any other difficulty. who do you main as? I main as Jin and just go nuts hehe.

I bow to you for being able to beat seth on hardest, that's really impressive. I'm honestly surprised that blazblue is even remotely challenging for you. Everyone I personally know who has played both games finds blazblue the easier of the two. I think blazblue tends to reward hyper aggression, whereas street fighter is more tactical especially with focus attacks/far more frequent blocking.[/QUOTE]

i dont main anyone yet, i just got the game today!
its hard for me because im not used to the system yet, i know pretty much nothing about it because i havent read the manual, or have played previous aksys games.

i have only played noel and ragna, but i like noel 10X better. im looking forward to using jin and haku.

i got beat by v-13 like 15 times in a row haha.

I'm still trying to figure out a main myself. I really like both Ragna & Jin, but I do get a kick out of pulling people in with Tager's throws after his drive hits.

yeah, this is my first aksys game as well (well, i played guilty gear isuka for about 30 mins once but don't really count that). I've owned the game for over 2 weeks, but have really played it only on 5 or 6 days for a couple hours max. I did gloss over the manual after a while because i was confused as to what a barrier burst was and to figure out how to block with the green shield.

The game is a blast, though. Probably only the 3rd fighter I can see myself playing for an extended period of time following Street Fighter 2 turbo and Power Stone 2. I wish I could say the same of SF4, but the single player (I'm looking at you, Seth) drove me insane, and the online lags horribly for me (whereas by comparison, blazblue has been great if/when I can actually connect to a match). I gave up on SF4 in less than a week.

yeah sf4 online sucks. i play with my friends and tried to play in a few tournies, but i played WAY too much. i probably had 50 hours after 2 weeks lol.
im probably going to play the crap outta blazblue until marvel vs capcom 2 comes out.
then try to play marvel for a while... then decide which game i like better.

i can see myself sticking to blazblue over marvel because theres so much going on in marvel and so many things to learn.

ill probably split my time between blazblue and madden 10. my friend is really good at madden and i can practice with him. he was ranked like top 15 on XBL for a while.

[quote name='Esper']Good games to rei, option, forgrim, shogun, and wotcher.[/QUOTE]

Haha, good games indeed. Apologies for my lack of any skill with most of the characters, and I need to practice more with Hakumen :boxing:

good games. except for that slow motion one i had with .. shogun? too bad the first room got disbanded. i really like esper's noel movements. unfortunately to be really good, you need to hit those 10+ hit combos consistently with her.

sorry i left aruptly guys, still a worknight for me sadly :(

and yes lol to that slow motion game, i was watching and thinking...are they actually fighting in real time and i'm watching this in awesome slo mo?

was like watching blazblue: matrix edition

Thanks for coming guys, and sorry for any lag I induced. BB netcode still has some issues to iron out... Despite that, I had lots of fun. See ya'll around.

[quote name='Esper']Gotta love them matrix matches! GGs to option, rei, and jman.[/QUOTE]

I missed those somehow. That is the second time I've played during cag night. I enjoyed it. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back