Blazblue PS3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Skill level doesn't matter. It's all just for fun![/QUOTE]my philosophy...

playing ppl better than you forces you to get better.

when I first played suko I went like 8 matches without him getting a single round off me.

eventually he was able to win a round... but I still beat him in the end lol.

I get beat down every time I try and go in to the ranked matches, typically by somebody that has only played three or four games and lost all of them.

Yes, I'm that bad.

On a related note, I'm getting the feeling that people train for hours on end before going online for the first time. Some of these guys pull off some of the craziest combos and juggles.

[quote name='JEKKI']my philosophy...

playing ppl better than you forces you to get better.

when I first played suko I went like 8 matches without him getting a single round off me.

eventually he was able to win a round... but I still beat him in the end lol.[/QUOTE]

Jekki 10-0'd me the first time we played lol :whistle2:(

But playing someone better is actually pretty fun to me...I must like pain!

updated the OP.

jekki - how does that psn chat work anyway?

thelonepig - dont get discouraged. all you really need is one or two 4-5 hit combos that you have down. after that, its seeing the opennings and knowing how to block. did the dustloop/srk blu ray help any?

[quote name='thelonepig']I get beat down every time I try and go in to the ranked matches, typically by somebody that has only played three or four games and lost all of them.

Yes, I'm that bad.

On a related note, I'm getting the feeling that people train for hours on end before going online for the first time. Some of these guys pull off some of the craziest combos and juggles.[/QUOTE]

Just learn the BnB combos, that's enough to beat players in Ranked. Well, most players anyway on either console.

[quote name='enufs8d']jekki - how does that psn chat work anyway?[/QUOTE]it's text based.

you painstaking write a message with your controller, and when u submit it, the message appears on the top-right corner of your screen as a notification message to all ppl in the chatroom.

it's basically how PS3 fighting gamers on neogaf roll so I figured may as well use it here too since I and many others dont got PS3 mics.

Yeah, I've got a single incomplete game count too. Somebody disconnected before the match even started. It's bound to happen!

As for my online experiences, I'm not discouraged. It makes it fun to try and figure out how to get myself out of the combos and juggles.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I do have a mic if anyone wants to use that as well.[/QUOTE]

I do too!

Some people just aren't up with today's fancy technologies.

I picked BB up today, feel free to add me to the 1st post. I have a headset as well. I will probably be getting my butt kicked on the regular but I hope to just have fun! I was listening to the soundtrack on the way home and it's was pretty good. I'll have to definitely check out the bonus disk for tips as well..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finally getting the feel for playing online and won three of five matches. Thankfully the three wins were in a row, so yay trophy. I also went up against a Litchi and got my butt thumped hard. Again, thankfully, they taunted me just before finishing me off. Yay for another trophy!

I'm not usually one for trophies and accomplishments on games, but it's kinda fun with BlazBlue. Does anyone have a list of trophies for the game? I'm trying to figure out the majority of ??? ones.

Ghost Face - list updated.

thelonepig - congrats on the wins so far. trophies and platnium arent that bad for this game compared to SFIV. so far, the ones that are giving me trouble are score attack.

Ghost Face - list updated.

thelonepig - congrats on the wins so far. trophies and platnium arent that bad for this game compared to SFIV. so far, the ones that are giving me trouble are score attack. i keep reaching hakumen. and i hate how you have to climb the ladder all over again once you lose.

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm not usually one for trophies and accomplishments on games, but it's kinda fun with BlazBlue. Does anyone have a list of trophies for the game? I'm trying to figure out the majority of ??? ones.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/code/958720.html

[quote name='enufs8d']Ghost Face - list updated.

thelonepig - congrats on the wins so far. trophies and platnium arent that bad for this game compared to SFIV. so far, the ones that are giving me trouble are score attack.[/QUOTE]

SFIV - 10 wins in a row on Ranked only
Blazblue - 3 wins in a row on Ranked only

Definitely easier, I got the 3 wins in a row the first day I got it. :lol:

[quote name='distgfx']http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/code/958720.htmlDefinitely easier, I got the 3 wins in a row the first day I got it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've had it for a while, but this was my third time playing in ranked and the first time I've played more than two matches.

I also noted that rank means next to nothing. I got a straight sweep (including one perfect) against a rank 23 and a straight sweep against a rank 18, but was humiliated by a rank 2. I'm rank 10 currently as I went up 6 ranks thanks to those two matches earlier.

well, a level 40 is still a level 40...lol. i saw a lvl 43 tager vs lvl jin/noel. the tager was insane. he won 93% of his ranked matches (160+ games).

Just got my PS3 back from sony repair today and although I'm going through the process of unlocking stuff in the game, I'm up for a few matches if there's good challenge to be had.

PSN: BatousaiJ

[quote name='enufs8d']well, a level 40 is still a level 40...lol. i saw a lvl 43 tager vs lvl jin/noel. the tager was insane. he won 93% of his ranked matches (160+ games).[/QUOTE]

I'd download some of his matches and learn all his combos. You download and watch 5 people other movies and that's a trophy too.

Alright, I feel rather sheepish in asking, but I can't figure out how to go in and just watch a match or download a match. Anyone willing to attempt to educate me?

[quote name='thelonepig']Alright, I feel rather sheepish in asking, but I can't figure out how to go in and just watch a match or download a match. Anyone willing to attempt to educate me?[/QUOTE]

To download matches for the replay viewer, go to network mode and then to ranking. After you bring up a player's card, it should let you download their replay by pressing X. Not all players have replays up so you'll only get a prompt if there is a replay for them.

Not sure about watching/spectating as I haven't done that yet.

Spectating you can go into the listing for the different rooms and I believe the button is triangle - however spectator slots need to be enabled and I believe spectators occupy player slots in addition to spectator slots

[quote name='suko_32']I see that i kept trying to do the Bang thing when I don't have all 4 symbols lol.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you some Bang tips the next time we have a BB night.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']How come there are two versions of this game? The LE and there's a standard ver w/artbook avaiable for pre order on jul 28?[/QUOTE]

The LE was just for the initial run, all future copies will be the standard edition. That's funny about the artbook though. I bet all those folks paying ridiculous amounts on eBay are feeling pretty dumb right now :)

had good games with Suko, Inf, and Jest. i thought i was extremely lucky that i kept hitting suko by frostbite in a round.

so far, there was only one official bb night that jekki hosted.

just add a bunch of the names on the first page to your buddy list. when i see a few playing bb, i create a room and send the invites.

[quote name='enufs8d']so far, there was only one official bb night that jekki hosted.

just add a bunch of the names on the first page to your buddy list. when i see a few playing bb, i create a room and send the invites.[/QUOTE]

ahh ok. i started doing that, but name adding is SO SLOW, that i gave up after 6.... but if thats the only way, ill work on it tomorrow night

I tried last night to spectate in any of the available matches but non were available at all. Hopefully some of you who host will allow this option. I realized last night I have no one on my FL that plays BB!

part of the problem with spectating is that it uses up available player spots when enabled so I think that's part of the reason most people don't enable it

I'm prolly up for some BB tonight, hope I'm not too tired by then.

If it's all right with others I'll try to host a BlazBlue CAG this Thurs. night at 8PM PST/11 PM EST right after HDR Night at 7PM PST. If it works out, I'll do CAG nights for this game as well. Unless wotcher wants to lead it.

I'll try to make an irc chat w/easy guide by then as well. And if needed, a PSN chat.

[quote name='option.iv']I'm prolly up for some BB tonight, hope I'm not too tired by then.

If it's all right with others I'll try to host a BlazBlue CAG this Thurs. night at 8PM PST/11 PM EST right after HDR Night at 7PM PST. If it works out, I'll do CAG nights for this game as well. Unless wotcher wants to lead it.

I'll try to make an irc chat w/easy guide by then as well. And if needed, a PSN chat.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely up for this. I should just buy HDR on PS3 and be in both. :)

And if anyone ever wants to play, feel free to add me.

[quote name='option.iv']I'm prolly up for some BB tonight, hope I'm not too tired by then.

I'll try to make an irc chat w/easy guide by then as well. And if needed, a PSN chat.[/QUOTE]
I'll be there.

[quote name='jman619']I couldn't resist. I am selling my 360 version of the game. I finally found the PS3 version for a good price. I feel like Mana. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It is pretty amazing how much larger the PS3 forum's BlazBlue thread is compared to that of the 360. Makes me wonder how much larger said community is online...

bread's done
Back