Blockbuster 5 for $20 blu ray back 8/10-ongoing

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!
Got a email this morning to start 5 for $20 deal immediately. As usual any $9.99 title or less qualifies. There hasn't been a blu ray price drop since the last sale on the 4th of July.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hawaiiboy']Salt and patriot are both $12.99
Unstoppable $16.99
Salt and unstoppable are $9.99 on reg dvd

No blu ray drops this week[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking HB. I really appreciate it. Hopefully by the next 5 for $20, those will be $9.99.

[quote name='mrwogs2']There are several HTTYD BDs at my local BBV. I'd be happy to pick one up for you, but I am really only trying to find the Bourne movies at the moment...[/QUOTE]

Would you trade for any of the ones i found?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I bought another 5 last night. I'm up to 20 blu rays so far for this sale. I guess I'm done unless I magically find Kick-ass or there is a price drop. I bought:

Event Horizon
Ghost Rider
Superman: The Movie[/QUOTE]

Wow, haven't seen any of those at my BBVs. Good finds. Ghost Rider kind of sucks as a movie, but it is a Marvel comic book movie, so I'd definitely buy it at $4.

Picked these up today:

Rambo
Despicable Me
How to Train your Dragon
Stranger than Fiction
Pineapple Express

Wall-E (new) for $12.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrwogs2']Picked these up today:

Rambo
Despicable Me
How to Train your Dragon
Stranger than Fiction
Pineapple Express[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in trading or selling Pineapple Express, let me know. I can pick something up for you if my BBV has anything you want.

[quote name='distinct101']What I got yesterday:
The Town
Inception
Despicable Me
The Crazies
Predators

Then I also bought the Avatar EE for $13. I was happy to find this because it was the only copy I've seen around my local BBs and it was mixed in with the DVD editions of it.

Anyway they also had for brand new:
Dark Knight w/ Bad Pod $10
Star Trek 2009 $10
Wall E $13
TS3 $13
Expendables $10
A Team $10
can't remember the rest.

So I suggest looking in the brand new section to find something new you may have been looking for.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info ! I was able to pick these up today,the employee there was clueless about the price change,lol.
Star Trek 2009 $10

Anyone here see if Terminator Salvation brand new is $9.99? Also if that is in the 5 for $20, I wanna finish up my Terminator blu-ray collection that's why. If I remember correctly, I think I saw that "rental exclusive" on the cover, so that's that mean it's not the extended version?

I picked up TS at the last 5/20 sale. It is the "Rental" version, so as far as I know it's the regular non-extended one. The feature is listed as being 115 min long.

[quote name='D0RC']Anyone here see if Terminator Salvation brand new is $9.99? Also if that is in the 5 for $20, I wanna finish up my Terminator blu-ray collection that's why. If I remember correctly, I think I saw that "rental exclusive" on the cover, so that's that mean it's not the extended version?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrwogs2']I picked up TS at the last 5/20 sale. It is the "Rental" version, so as far as I know it's the regular non-extended one. The feature is listed as being 115 min long.[/QUOTE]

I went to BBV the other day to see if i could exchange a rental for a used copy, and the cashier was like "but that is a used copy" and said I couldnt return it. YMMV on cashier flexibility. :p

Went to another BBV and picked up:
1) LOTR Trilogy
2) The American
3) The Girl who played with fire.

I was shocked to find the LOTR trilogy sitting there.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']The Avatar Extended edition It may be in one of those plastic security cases or it may be on the shelf that connected to the HDTV display thats playing a movie.

You won't find a copy of Avatar Extended used at BBV. I paid $19.99 for it on Amazon when it was released and I loved it. I sold off my old copy of Avatar on blu ray for $15 after I upgraded to the extended edition.[/QUOTE]

Hawaiiboy,

Can you confirm that Avatar Extended Edition blu-ray brand new for $12.99? I went to 3 stores, and I only saw Avatar standard edition Previously Used for $12.99. The only new extended edition I saw was the 3-disc edition for $36.99. And is Expendable Blu-ray $9.99 used as well? Thanks.

^ Some have said that it says $36.99 but rings up $12.99, so you won't know unless you scan it. It scanned $12.99 at mine, so I will get it as soon as I get more moneys lol.

Any forecast on when that .99 cent blu-ray sale is coming back? I miss out on that sale.

[quote name='Investor']Hawaiiboy,

Can you confirm that Avatar Extended Edition blu-ray brand new for $12.99? I went to 3 stores, and I only saw Avatar standard edition Previously Used for $12.99. The only new extended edition I saw was the 3-disc edition for $36.99. And is Expendable Blu-ray $9.99 used as well? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Avatar EE is $12.99 NEW for Blu and $9.99 for DVD. I know because ever since someone posted the price drops of NEW Blus, I was desperately looking for Avatar EE for $12.99. The store I went had two DVD copies left and the sole Blu copy I bought. The cashier said he sold a couple of the Avatar Blus earlier in the day. He even admitted these things still sell for $30 everywhere else. Keep looking man, check all BBs and make sure to sort through all their NEW copies in the section because it could be hidden behind another movie.

Grabbed more today. I am addicted.

Chicken Little
Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
Surf's Up
Push
Ong Bak 2 (Collector's Edition)
Repo Men (Unrated)
Layer Cake
Ghost Rider (Extended Cut)
Superman: Doomsday (DC animated movie)
Fighting (Unrated)

Except for Fighting, which I saw one copy of at another BBV location, these were all titles I saw for the first time at BBV. So that was pretty sweet. Of course the BBV employees, including the manager, were completely clueless about the sale. They tried telling me it was only for DVDs. I told them to ring it up, and, surprise, surprise, it worked.

I went back tonight. Picked up New Avatar EE for 12.99. It was labeled 36.99 but had them check the price and yup, 13 bucks. Also picked up 5 more used blus.

Sherlock Holmes
Despicable Me
Taken
Predators
Bride Wars

Let me know if you'd be willing to trade Surf's Up.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Grabbed more today. I am addicted.

Chicken Little
Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
Surf's Up
Push
Ong Bak 2 (Collector's Edition)
Repo Men (Unrated)
Layer Cake
Ghost Rider (Extended Cut)
Superman: Doomsday (DC animated movie)
Fighting (Unrated)

Except for Fighting, which I saw one copy of at another BBV location, these were all titles I saw for the first time at BBV. So that was pretty sweet. Of course the BBV employees, including the manager, were completely clueless about the sale. They tried telling me it was only for DVDs. I told them to ring it up, and, surprise, surprise, it worked.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrwogs2']Let me know if you'd be willing to trade Surf's Up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but probably not. I'm trying to build a good library of animated blus for my daughter, and this was the first time I'd seen Surf's Up. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

That being said, I might swing by another BBV or two tomorrow, so I'll keep an eye out for another copy for you.

So far I've got these ten...

Hurt Locker
Valkyrie
Sherlock Holmes
Leaves Of Grass
Law Abiding Citizen
Body of Lies
Transporter 3
Hancock
Year One
The Road

Went to a different Blockbuster today and got five more although it was again a struggle to find 5 decent titles without having to reduce myself to buying absolute garbage like Transporter 3 or Year One. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean you need to buy it. Anyways, left with

Valkyrie
Wyatt Earp
Karate Kid (2010)
The Men Who Stare at Goats
and Leatherheads

Hit up 2 BBV's today,but only picked up 5 at the first one.

Quantum of Solace
Princess & the Frog
Moon
Persepolis
Despicable Me (rental version, but same as disc 1 of retail)

I would have gotten Sherlock Holmes, but it is barebones rental only, and I like my special features. lol

Going for a second trip to my BBV in a few hours, so if any of my fellow CAGs have a request that you'd like me to pick up, just let me know here or by PM.

EDIT: Leaving now, actually. Sorry.

[quote name='mrwogs2']Thanks. Anything in particular you're looking for for a trade?[/QUOTE]

Mostly just animated Blus, but I've been finding a ton of them already. I guess Princess & the Frog would be high on my list of ones I don't have yet.

Stopped by one BBV today. No Surf's Up, but I'm sure it won't be the last BBV I'll go to during the sale, so I'll continue keeping an eye out for you.

Did grab another 5 blus.

Pitch Black (Unrated Director's Cut)
Ladder 49
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Collector's Edition)
Sweeney Todd
Bangkok Dangerous

I'm pretty excited about Sweeney Todd and Pitch Black. Never saw either at BBV previously. Pitch Black was a great pick up, since I got The Chronicles of Riddick during the last sale. $8 for those two blus is hard to beat.

Ahh! Sweeney Todd is another one I'd love to have!

[quote name='BingoBrown']Mostly just animated Blus, but I've been finding a ton of them already. I guess Princess & the Frog would be high on my list of ones I don't have yet.

Stopped by one BBV today. No Surf's Up, but I'm sure it won't be the last BBV I'll go to during the sale, so I'll continue keeping an eye out for you.

Did grab another 5 blus.

Pitch Black (Unrated Director's Cut)
Ladder 49
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Collector's Edition)
Sweeney Todd
Bangkok Dangerous

I'm pretty excited about Sweeney Todd and Pitch Black. Never saw either at BBV previously. Pitch Black was a great pick up, since I got The Chronicles of Riddick during the last sale. $8 for those two blus is hard to beat.[/QUOTE]

Saw Princes and the Frog when we were out yesterday, but they both were listed at $12.99. The nearest BBV near me is over 60 miles away, so I won't be going back until the B1G1 free two weeks from now.

Hit up 2 more Blockbusters and so 4 in all during these past 3 days. My complete haul of :br::

Blood Diamond
Gran Torino
Inception
Kill Bill Vol. 2
No country for old men
Ocean's Thirteen
Robin Hood
Shutter Island
Star Trek
The American
The Girl who played with fire
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Hangover
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship
The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The Town
Toy Story 3
Up in the Air
Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Total: $85 for 20 blu's & 4 $0.99 rental coupons.

I went to another BB today and didn't find anything worth my time. A few maybes but just didn't feel like dropping the cash. The only one I wanted a lot was Kick Ass but eh passed. I've spent too much on blus lately anyways.

Found a new copy of A-Team w/ digital copy for $10 versus used price of $12.99 and not part of 5 for $20!
Thanks distinct101 for the heads up on the price.

There was one at my BBV new as well - question is - is it worth it?

[quote name='Dante Devil']Found a new copy of A-Team w/ digital copy for $10 versus used price of $12.99 and not part of 5 for $20!
Thanks distinct101 for the heads up on the price.[/QUOTE]

Swung by a BBV on the way to visit some family this afternoon and got:

How to Train your Dragon
Despicable Me
Year One
The Town
I Love You, Man

I may try to swing by again next weekend and see if any of the others I was on the fence about are still there and pick them up then.

[quote name='mrwogs2']There was one at my BBV new as well - question is - is it worth it?[/QUOTE]
Well, my son has been wanting this movie for a while, so when we found it he was happy...so yeah...it was worth it. :)

[quote name='distinct101']What I got yesterday:
The Town
Inception
Despicable Me
The Crazies
Predators

Then I also bought the Avatar EE for $13. I was happy to find this because it was the only copy I've seen around my local BBs and it was mixed in with the DVD editions of it.

Anyway they also had for brand new:
Star Trek 2009 $10
Wall E $13
TS3 $13
Expendables $10
A Team $10
can't remember the rest.

So I suggest looking in the brand new section to find something new you may have been looking for.[/QUOTE]
Is this also universal, anyone know? Because at my BBV Avatar was priced 31.99 and I saw someone else found the Social Network for 12.99 but mine had it for much more....

[quote name='Spyder1970']Is this also universal, anyone know? Because at my BBV Avatar was priced 31.99 and I saw someone else found the Social Network for 12.99 but mine had it for much more....[/QUOTE]

Did you have them scan them? The store I got Avatar EE at had it labeled 36.99 but it scanned at 12.99.

My haul

1st trip
Scooby Doo
Punsher War Zone
Batman V Superman
Marmaduke
High School Musical Remix

2nd Trip
Tooth Fairy
To Save a Life
Shorts
The Express
The Karate Kid 2010

Also saw Avatar 3 disc New for 12 and Star Trek 3 disc new for 9.99.

Picked up The Crazies, Youth in Revolt, Ghost Town, Stranger than Fiction, This is It - not the best set of 5 but I already picked up 20? others recently so have been making out pretty good - but the good finds were new items - The Dark Knight w/ Bat Pod for 10, The Notebook LE for 13, Avatar EE for 13...those were what I was excited about - passed on the new 3 disc Star Trek for 10, but if I happen to see it at another Blockbuster I will be visiting tomorrow, I may be enticed, twas a lovely film... :)

Between this and what I pulled in from Gohastings $7 sale - Ive gotten over 33 blu rays in the past couple weeks...Ive only had a player for about that time...ugh, and I thought I was done after I got rid of all my DVDs...

[quote name='Tsel']Going for a second trip to my BBV in a few hours, so if any of my fellow CAGs have a request that you'd like me to pick up, just let me know here or by PM.

EDIT: Leaving now, actually. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Can u grab a Sleeping Beauty?

Does anyone have a copy of LOTR: The Two Towers they'd be willing to trade me?

All the stores around me appear to have sold out and it's the only one I still need.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Can u grab a Sleeping Beauty?[/QUOTE]

A little late, but if I go again (which I most likely will), I will pick up Sleeping Beauty if I see it.

I picked up an extra of avatar new if anyone is interested. I also saw a glimpse of the price changes for new blu rays. Off the top of my head The Matrix Anniversary was 9.99, Inception is 9.99, LOTR 12.99 each, RE afterlife 9.99, Robin Hood 9.99, Batman 9.99

Hmmm, the store I went to had Princess and the Frog at $12.99. I wonder if it was mispriced. I also saw the Notebook LE and Batman (Batpod), but both had the full price on it. Hmmm, do I want to go back and get them!?!

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmm, the store I went to had Princess and the Frog at $12.99. I wonder if it was mispriced. I also saw the Notebook LE and Batman (Batpod), but both had the full price on it. Hmmm, do I want to go back and get them!?![/QUOTE]

Princess and the Frog (used) will ring up $9.99. I bought it on the first ever 5 for $20 sale. The Notebook (new) LE will ring up $12.99. I bought one for my gf ( j/k it's for me :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:). According to dozens of people on CAG and Blu-ray.com, the batpod blu ray bundle will ring up $10. It doesn't matter what the items' price tags say because they will ring up the prices I've listed.

It's up to you if you want them. Keep in mind it's always fun to see the look on employee's faces when the stuff you buy ring up at a fraction of the price that they are marked.:lol:

went into another city that was close and couldn't resist the BBV there. Had a bunch of completely different movies...

Marley and Me
Hotel for Dogs
Clash of Titans
007 QOS
The day the earth stood still

AVP
AVP requiem
Predators
Xmen Wolverine
The Fifth Element

really happy I got the 5th element, classic movie can't wait to see it on Blu.

bread's done
Back