Blockbuster $9.99 games-local only?

maxdusty

CAGiversary!
They're back (at least at my local store, don't know if it's at all locations but they were sent copies from the central office -as opposed to selling off the local surplus rental copies). My local store got three boxes worth of solely 360 games without the original game cases. They weren't put on the shelves as of yet, but they were all labelled and getting ready to do so. Had some cool people that worked there that gave me a look at the games while they were still available. Was able to buy Call of Duty : World at War. They also had Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1, Gears of War 2, Grid, Saints Row 2, 1 copy of Left 4 Dead. Quite a number of other titles that I can't remember offhand as I wasn't interested in them. Just might go back to get a few copies of other games I can use for flipping.

I'm 2 for 2 on this, in Conyers/Covington GA. COD4, GTA4, Halo 3 for the 360 have been my best finds. Done some power trading to GS, so far I'm even on credit/money spent with having the aforementioned games now in my library. Found Bioshock and Dead Rising today, but didn't pick either up.

No luck finding RE5 or COD:WaW yet.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']"Most people" AKA CAGs do not call. The employee that answers the phone may have no clue of what is on the floor. Employees are also able to purchase these items for themselves. So your call alerts them to a good deal they were not aware of and you are told there are none for sale.

Did I get that right? I seem to recall some rule or another.[/QUOTE]

I love that rule! I get so many deals because of it. Trust me, that rule can stay at slickdeals :rofl:

I found Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, SUper Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Paper Mario. $9.99 each. I think this was at one of the Lee's Summit, MO blockbusters. I went to a couple blockbusters so I can't quite remember. Im pretty sure it was there as the Blue Springs BB's had nothing but older prepackaged titles.

[quote name='schuerm26']I found Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, SUper Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Paper Mario. $9.99 each. I think this was at one of the Lee's Summit, MO blockbusters. I went to a couple blockbusters so I can't quite remember. Im pretty sure it was there as the Blue Springs BB's had nothing but older prepackaged titles.[/QUOTE]

I stopped by GR BBV by Super Walmart Center (Lees Summit) and find non wii game for $10-ish.

[quote name='Nico0020']picked up
2X CoD World at War
CoD 4 Modern Warfare
2X UFC
RE5

Got them all for less than 8 bucks using my friends employee discount. Then power traded em into gamestop.[/QUOTE]

One word = hoarder

[quote name='Taren Fox']I picked up Bolt (360) for 10 dollars. Awesome deal![/QUOTE]

This could be had for $10 New at Best Buy during their $10 sale a few months ago.

[quote name='oasisboy']One word = hoarder[/QUOTE]

Sadly that's all this site consists of any more.

Thats why I don't even visit the Sears, Target, BBV type threads because they are all full of hoarders and flippers. It's not worth my time to compete with these dickheads, if you want to screw other people out of a good deal just to make a couple dollars worth of credit at another store then whatever. This is why I'm pretty much done with CAG B&M deals.

My nearby locations have not received POGs in the past.

Are you guys finding these in stores that never had them before?

Thanks

[quote name='Masterkyo']I stopped by GR BBV by Super Walmart Center (Lees Summit) and find non wii game for $10-ish.[/QUOTE]

I think I got these at the other Lees Summit BB. The one by Goodwill.

my local blockbuster didnt have any a couple days ago, but im thinking maybe i should make a trip this afternoon and see what they got, its just bad cause theres so much NFL Football on today..... Go Colts!

A week ago, I just remembered hearing about this deal and stopped at a Blockbuster. I was shocked to find Fable 2, RE5, and Too Human in the bin, escpecially considering there weren't really that many games in the bin. There was actual a couple other good games in there, but nothing I wanted. Since then, I've visited 6 or so other BBV's. It turns out one closed and one is closing and didn't have any good deals.

The second one I went to had some decent games like Halo 3 and Grid, but nothing I really wanted. I think that one actually had half of them on endcaps and half in a little basket at the checkout. Since then, I think I've only seen the deal at one other BBV and it was all older games.

Does anybody know if all of these games are single disc games? My RE5 360 disc says "game disc" on it, so I wasn't sure if there was a second disc with stuff on it too.

[quote name='nny']A week ago, I just remembered hearing about this deal and stopped at a Blockbuster. I was shocked to find Fable 2, RE5, and Too Human in the bin, escpecially considering there weren't really that many games in the bin. There was actual a couple other good games in there, but nothing I wanted. Since then, I've visited 6 or so other BBV's. It turns out one closed and one is closing and didn't have any good deals.

The second one I went to had some decent games like Halo 3 and Grid, but nothing I really wanted. I think that one actually had half of them on endcaps and half in a little basket at the checkout. Since then, I think I've only seen the deal at one other BBV and it was all older games.

Does anybody know if all of these games are single disc games? My RE5 360 disc says "game disc" on it, so I wasn't sure if there was a second disc with stuff on it too.[/QUOTE]
For a POG, you got what you paid for. It may have been a disc from an LE or CE edition, but they are selling the game disc for $9.99.

The RE5 disc that comes from Xbox 360 standard edition also says "Game Disc" on it BTW.

This was one heck of a deal, I had to wait a few days for some stores to get their games in later than other stores, but I finally snagged a second copy of CoD WaW for system link fun.

I might make another trip to see if I can find any more system link games for cheap. My wife has finally taken an interest in shooters. I'm a lucky guy.

I'm in San Antonio, TX and mine has the deal. Most arent appealing to me. A few ive found these (from memory)
Marvel Ult. Alliance
Soul Caliber 4
Rock Star Table Tennis with original case (4.99)
GH: Aerosmith
Mercenaries 2
And some others..

Ok, so I have a bin in my BB but all the games are in cases and most are priced at 39+ so does that mean they're not doing the deals or are these things just ringing at the registers?

Has anyone had luck with their stores being restocked? I've only got two within a 50-mile radius, so I'd rather not spend my profit in gas if I have to... >_>;

the 9.99 games have no artwork and are in clear cases and priced at 9.99 on the front, it sounds like your bb doesnt have any.

[quote name='braves22']Ok, so I have a bin in my BB but all the games are in cases and most are priced at 39+ so does that mean they're not doing the deals or are these things just ringing at the registers?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Has anyone had luck with their stores being restocked? I've only got two within a 50-mile radius, so I'd rather not spend my profit in gas if I have to... >_>;[/QUOTE]

Lol, if that is all you are making anyway, stay home.

Question for everyone:

I bought some clear-case POGs (9.99 - 360 games) earlier. One from a store that's some distance away (I was in the area on business), and one from a closer store.

The further store scanned my BB card and said they did so because I had so many days to exchange it for another if it didn't work. The closer store did not scan the card and said there were no returns or exchanges allowed on these clear-case POGs and I was basically gambling with my money. I explained what the previous store had told me, and the fellow at the 2nd store claimed the person who rang me up at the first was ignorant and dead wrong.

The games both looked pristine so I didn't worry about it. Damn if I didn't get home and one of them will not play at all in the 360. Cleaning does not help.

So the question is, which store is correct? Am I just outta luck and ripped off for $10? If I can return/exchange, do you think I could do it at the closer BB even though technically it came from the one in BFE?

If these truly are a total gamble, then there should be big stickers/signs stating that so there would be no confusion.

Well, I have yet to see POGs this go around but they should be like any other used game BBV sells and have a 30-day guarantee.

Though they all look pristine, they are for the most part refurbished so potential flaws could just be hidden by that process. I would definitely test them before the 30 days are up.

But anyway, I'd think you would be able to return them at another store. If they question it, just tell them the first store wouldn't let you - that has got to be against policy.

[quote name='io']Well, I have yet to see POGs this go around but they should be like any other used game BBV sells and have a 30-day guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, io. I'll go by a different local store today and see what they say. I just found it hard to believe a chain store like BBV would sell things "as-is, no return" if they weren't having a going-out-of-business event or something.

This last round of POG's proved how retarded BBV corporate really are. Their price everything the same mentality is not working. 1 of my BBV's still have about 10-15 POGS's on the shelf, all games that can easily be bought for less at GS. Of course the COD4/5, etc per picked up by me for 10$ each, so really no complaints, but how BBV stays in business is beyond my understanding.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Question for everyone:

I bought some clear-case POGs (9.99 - 360 games) earlier. One from a store that's some distance away (I was in the area on business), and one from a closer store.

The further store scanned my BB card and said they did so because I had so many days to exchange it for another if it didn't work. The closer store did not scan the card and said there were no returns or exchanges allowed on these clear-case POGs and I was basically gambling with my money. I explained what the previous store had told me, and the fellow at the 2nd store claimed the person who rang me up at the first was ignorant and dead wrong.

The games both looked pristine so I didn't worry about it. Damn if I didn't get home and one of them will not play at all in the 360. Cleaning does not help.

So the question is, which store is correct? Am I just outta luck and ripped off for $10? If I can return/exchange, do you think I could do it at the closer BB even though technically it came from the one in BFE?

If these truly are a total gamble, then there should be big stickers/signs stating that so there would be no confusion.[/QUOTE]

Seeing that the POG's use a generic barcode, why worry. Just take the faulty game back to the store that indicated the 30 day guarantee.

[quote name='stoned99']This last round of POG's proved how retarded BBV corporate really are. Their price everything the same mentality is not working. 1 of my BBV's still have about 10-15 POGS's on the shelf, all games that can easily be bought for less at GS. Of course the COD4/5, etc per picked up by me for 10$ each, so really no complaints, but how BBV stays in business is beyond my understanding.[/QUOTE]

Some of the POGs were also priced higher than the usual sale price of the games, e.g. Beautiful Katamari sells for $6.99 at Blockbuster complete with case and manual if you can find it, and yet I saw a POG of the same game for $9.99!

[quote name='stoned99']Seeing that the POG's use a generic barcode, why worry. Just take the faulty game back to the store that indicated the 30 day guarantee.[/QUOTE]

That store is much, much further away. I want to establish the true BBV policy so I can possibly go to any local BBV to return or exchange. Besides, the girl that told me that may have really been mistaken, so I wanted to see if anyone had personal experience one way or the other.

Very interesting. Would like to actually find a deal at BBV since they rarely ever have anything worth going down there for. TIVs are horrible, rentals are obscene, etc.

May have to give them a call this weekend and check out some of the stock.

Just to update on my situation. I went to a local BBV (a third store) and asked them if I could return the POG I had purchased at the far-away store that did not load on the 360. He said sure and processed a refund for me right away. So that manager that said you couldn't return POGs was full of crap.

I can see why they might not want to accept returns on these. Since they all have the same label/sku, you could conceivably buy several POGs that had higher TIVs, replace the discs with old sports games, and then return them and get all your money back. Then trade in the good games. BBV shouldn't really be using a single SKU for these.

Really? I thought my receipt had the game name listed, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I picked up Fear 2 at my store, they didn't really have anything else I was interested in.

I checked my local store, and they only had a few crap games in the bin. However, I did find Mirrors Edge and FEAR 2 complete for $9.99 each so I was a happy camper.

Mine had Brutal Legend, Ghostbusters, Terminator Salvation, Sid Miers Civilization, Prince of Persia, Eternal Sonata, Ninja Gaiden II, Eat Lead:Matt Hazzard, Guitar Hero World Tour, Mirrors Edge and a bunch of other titles for $9.99

bread's done
Back