Blockbuster $9.99 games-local only?

maxdusty

CAGiversary!
They're back (at least at my local store, don't know if it's at all locations but they were sent copies from the central office -as opposed to selling off the local surplus rental copies). My local store got three boxes worth of solely 360 games without the original game cases. They weren't put on the shelves as of yet, but they were all labelled and getting ready to do so. Had some cool people that worked there that gave me a look at the games while they were still available. Was able to buy Call of Duty : World at War. They also had Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1, Gears of War 2, Grid, Saints Row 2, 1 copy of Left 4 Dead. Quite a number of other titles that I can't remember offhand as I wasn't interested in them. Just might go back to get a few copies of other games I can use for flipping.

Went to three stores in the Boca Raton, FL area and none had any 10 dollar disc only games. Only 5 dollar disc only movies.

Found 1 out of 3 Blockbusters (1 of them had a store closing sale, not the one I found the game bin at) actually had the $9.99 bin.

I saw quite a few good games, such as GRID, GTAIV, Halo 3, CoD4, CoD WaW, Fallout 3, (all of those for 360) and some other more crappy games that aren't even worth the $10. I grabbed a case from the shelf for WaW that said $44.99 with the WaW in the bin and asked if I could have the box art with my $10 game. He said he couldn't give me the one from that specific box, but he then reached under the counter and grabbed me one. So got a perfect condition disc and box art for $10 for :360: Call of Duty: World at War. Nice, thanks OP.

Anyone interested in picking some up for other CAGs? PM me. I'm looking for (all 360) Fallout 3, CoD4 MW, CoD WaW, and maybe even L4D.

Checked out the Blockbuster on Caton Farm Rd/Rt 59 in the Shorewood/Plainfield, IL area but all they had were $4.99 PS2 games.

If anyone in this area knows of a BB doing this let me know. I'm really looking for Fable II, Gears of War 2 and Saints Row 2, amongst others.

[quote name='randu']Blockbusters in the north-east officially suck. (New Jersey/New York/Connecticut)[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm seeing, Check. :cry:

Look harder. So far, I've only found 1 store in my area that carries POG in my area. Scored me COD4, Halo 3, & Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Visited two socal locations, temple city & monrovia.

Only thing I picked up was COD4: MW for 360. Was really hunting for COD: WaW, but no dice.

I saw a few others, lots of copies of GTA IV, 1 Fallout 3, 1 Fable II, lots of 2008 Sports Games (NHL 2K8, etc.).

i visited a crazy store that gutted the pogs and put them into their pv stuff. after talking to the cashier, he said that since they were gutted from the clear cases and put into the regular inventory, theres no way to tell the 9.99 ones from the more expensive ones.

I tried like 5 different Blockbusters in my area just trying to look for a COD4 for the ps3 and nothing. I even went to some in that didn't even have a preplayed section...sigh. Sucks ass :(

I tried another Blockbuster today and got the dumbest looks from the employees when I asked about these games. It makes me sad to miss out.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']just making sure, GameStop does accept used games w/e manual and box for the 2 for $40 off deal right?[/QUOTE]

does anyone know if this is true?

[quote name='toomuchpie617']does anyone know if this is true?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do. I traded in 4 for COD: MW2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii. Picking up Assassin's Creed 2 tonight with the deal also.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Checked out the Blockbuster on Caton Farm Rd/Rt 59 in the Shorewood/Plainfield, IL area but all they had were $4.99 PS2 games.

If anyone in this area knows of a BB doing this let me know. I'm really looking for Fable II, Gears of War 2 and Saints Row 2, amongst others.[/QUOTE]

I live in Bradley/Bourbonnais (its around an hr or so from you i believe (may be longer not sure) but the blockbuster out here has copys of Fable 2, Gears 2, Soul Calibur 5, GTA and alot of others for $10 each. Granted last time I went there was Saturday.. They still had all of those, (hardly sold any since that wed when they got them in and i picked up 2 copys of COD 4..) I may head there later today to pick up Fable 2 and SC.. Not sure if I want them though.

[quote name='jd2k9']I live in Bradley/Bourbonnais (its around an hr or so from you i believe (may be longer not sure) but the blockbuster out here has copys of Fable 2, Gears 2, Soul Calibur 5, GTA and alot of others for $10 each. Granted last time I went there was Saturday.. They still had all of those, (hardly sold any since that wed when they got them in and i picked up 2 copys of COD 4..) I may head there later today to pick up Fable 2 and SC.. Not sure if I want them though.[/QUOTE]
That is one time-travelling Blockbuster. I'll take 10.

I went to a store yesterday and nothing was on display. i asked and the guy thought he had seen something like that and searched the backroom, he then look in the metal cabinet behind the counter and found about 30 games. I got a couple for trade at GS but the point is that I would have assumed the games would be out and in a special bin like the other store I had been to. It's possible that more stores got games and have not put them out. Anyone else experience this? ALWAYS worth asking an employee, somethimes you get lucky.

Went to my store today, saw the bin, was excited, left dissapointed

They had a few copies of Assasins Creed(360), NBA Live 09, Bioshock, Splinter Cell:DA, Rockband 2, a bunch of Madden games, Tom Clancy RainbowSix2 and a few other games not worth mentioning. They had Soul Calibur for $19.99, would've bought it for $9.99 though.

Should've went like two weeks ago, maybe I would've been able to pick up Gears.
Anyone think they'll restock these bins?

[quote name='jd2k9']I live in Bradley/Bourbonnais (its around an hr or so from you i believe (may be longer not sure) but the blockbuster out here has copys of Fable 2, Gears 2, Soul Calibur 5, GTA and alot of others for $10 each. Granted last time I went there was Saturday.. They still had all of those, (hardly sold any since that wed when they got them in and i picked up 2 copys of COD 4..) I may head there later today to pick up Fable 2 and SC.. Not sure if I want them though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm actually driving down to Missouri on Wednesday, but I usually take 55, and taking 57 would add some extra time to my trip so I dunno if I'll do that.

But if you decide to pick up Fable 2 and don't want it let me know, I'd probably take it off your hands.

i went today and picked up fallout, grid and fable2.

i left behind gta4, fallout, splinter cell double agent, old sports games, and a bunch of others i cant remember. but when i paid the guy at the checkout said he didn't know about the bin and was going to check it out.

for the gamestop 2 for 40 trade in is that any games or certain ones? i am not sure if i want to keep fallout and grid.

[quote name='regdent']i went today and picked up fallout, grid and fable2.

i left behind gta4, fallout, splinter cell double agent, old sports games, and a bunch of others i cant remember. but when i paid the guy at the checkout said he didn't know about the bin and was going to check it out.

for the gamestop 2 for 40 trade in is that any games or certain ones? i am not sure if i want to keep fallout and grid.[/QUOTE]

It is certain ones. Check out their site.

[quote name='jmillion']yea i went to a couple in Queens. all i found was FEAR2[/QUOTE]

Were those the ones on Broadway in Astoria or Grand Ave in Maspeth by any chance ? :pray:

Checked out my local blockbuster, picked up saints row 2 and gears of war 2. Hoping that arkham asylum will be in that bin at my other local blockbusters.

I found a couple old sports games plus got lucky and found a copy of wii quantum of solace and mario super sluggers for 9.99

I wonder if there is a potential B1G1 sale on low priced preowned games coming up. That would entice me to clear some titles that don't seem worth it at the $10 price point.

My blockbuster doesn't normally sell used games, do you think there is a chance they would have gotten one of these shipments? It's in Blacksburg, VA if anyone has checked that one out, please let me know.

I will be back up in Northern, NJ at the end of the week and the blockbuster in Ledgewood, NJ usually has great used game prices, so hopefully they still have some left then

had basically given up on this and then dropped in to a store in Broomfield, CO that had the games behind the register. They would not sell them yet but let me put my name on COD MW to pick up today for $9.99 not much there other than call of duty just a lot of sports games but there was one call of duty left.

Why is everyone wasting the gas/time/energy/morale going to stores only to be shot down on this deal?!

**Call Ahead!!**

I posted it earlier--Here it is if you missed it:

"You can call in and say "Could you stat a part number for me?" and give them the part numbers-- they also should be able to tell you if other stores in the area have that part number in stock. You'll have to go to the store in person to see what titles are available. The 2 part numbers I know of are 275837 and 241932."

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='weaselbelly']Why is everyone wasting the gas/time/energy/morale going to stores only to be shot down on this deal?!

**Call Ahead!!**

I posted it earlier--Here it is if you missed it:

"You can call in and say "Could you stat a part number for me?" and give them the part numbers-- they also should be able to tell you if other stores in the area have that part number in stock. You'll have to go to the store in person to see what titles are available. The 2 part numbers I know of are 275837 and 241932."

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Do you know what games they are?

you would not know what games they have over the phone just by using the part numbers unless you ask them to check the bin which is defiantly a bad idea.

I have found its so much easier to drive to one on your lunch break.

[quote name='david12795']Hmm do most people just go in or call? Cause I called all of them and none have CODMW for sale =/[/QUOTE]
"Most people" AKA CAGs do not call. The employee that answers the phone may have no clue of what is on the floor. Employees are also able to purchase these items for themselves. So your call alerts them to a good deal they were not aware of and you are told there are none for sale.

Did I get that right? I seem to recall some rule or another.

Haha thanks. I did not mention no games that were on sale to the employees. Just called to ask if they have it in stock. Guess I'll make a stop tomorrow.

[quote name='david12795']Hmm do most people just go in or call? Cause I called all of them and none have CODMW for sale =/[/QUOTE]

You can do either--whatever you want.. I just know that there are 11 Blockbusters in my area and that I may have driven to every one of them just to find out that none of them have any. By calling, yes, I run the risk that the video store clerk on duty has a full wallet handy to clear out their stock before I get there, but for the $15 worth of gas it would take to drive to 11 stores, I'm enough of a CAG that I'll take the risk.

Also, asking for a title of a game will not lead you to this deal. If you ask them for a game title, they will tell you if they have a regular copy of that title in stock (not a "prepackaged previously owned game without cover art"), which would be at the regular POG (Previously Owned Game) cost. The "Prepacks" are not searchable in the computer inventory by game title. You either need to see it in person or ask for the earlier listed part numbers (or others, if there are more). I guess as a third option you could have them search for the product name "x360-prepack" and see what comes up..that way if there are other part numbers we aren't aware of, it would find them. This also may be possible with the other systems, such as "ps3-prepack".. hmmmmm...

[quote name='PapaSmerf']"Most people" AKA CAGs do not call. The employee that answers the phone may have no clue of what is on the floor. Employees are also able to purchase these items for themselves. So your call alerts them to a good deal they were not aware of and you are told there are none for sale. [/QUOTE]

PapaSmerf has a really good point that the employee you're talking to may not know that the product is on the floor. In fact, the product may not even be out on the floor, so you wouldn't know it either. It may be in unopened freight next to the counter, underneath a display table, or in the back room. If you go there and look for it, you may not find it. Asking them to stat the number will at least tell you if it exists. If you don't want to call ahead, don't. Just go in person and ask them to stat the numbers. If they don't carry them, look around the store anyway, as there might be other product just like it that has a different part number. (Then post that number on here so I can call my local Blockbuster and ask if they have that one too!)

Also, as far as "your call alerts them to a good deal they were not aware of and you are told there are none for sale," like I said, you do run that risk. However, 1) you're dealing with an employee who is a liar, so who knows what problems you might run into anyway when you get to the store and go through with the transaction, and 2) 9 times out of 10 an average Blockbuster employee is not going to stat the item and read the title "X360-Prepack POG w/o Cover Art" and even know what that item is. Even if they do decipher it, unless they have seen this situation before, that title is not going to tell them that this is a bargain they should jump on and hoard over. Franchise stores may have deals similar to this more often, but this Prepack label is from Blockbuster's corporate processing and (unless it is a Blockbuster discount test market) is much more rare. When I called in last week, I tried to be discreet about it and not alert any employees to the deal. It helps that customers usually don't call in asking to stat a part number, so even though he didn't ask, I'm sure he assumed I was an employee at a store somewhere, not a CAG. This especially wasn't a problem because the employee said only one store carried the item and it wasn't his store. This means he wasn't in person to view/buy the product if he wanted to. I drove to the store and I didn't see the cases at first so I asked an employee at this store to stat the number for me. He did and said there were 65 of them in the store, and even with 65 being available we still had to search them out for a couple minutes. Even then, I searched through the 65 of them for several minutes to see if there were exceptionally good deals.

You shouldn't have a problem. If they're out in the open, most employees probably have already seen them because this isn't a situation of a price drop--they were received at this price point. If they're not out in the open you aren't going to find them anyway. Whatever the case, I hope you do, and thanks to PapaSmerf and so many other people's posts that are helping to clarify the how to get the deals in the forums. Although we have different thoughts about some of this, I really appreciate that discussing it is bringing out more details and ideas and hopefully all of it is making it easier for readers. Drive or Call, I hope you can find some deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='weaselbelly']You can do either--whatever you want.. I just know that there are 11 Blockbusters in my area and that I may have driven to every one of them just to find out that none of them have any. By calling, yes, I run the risk that the video store clerk on duty has a full wallet handy to clear out their stock before I get there, but for the $15 worth of gas it would take to drive to 11 stores, I'm enough of a CAG that I'll take the risk.

Also, asking for a title of a game will not lead you to this deal. If you ask them for a game title, they will tell you if they have a regular copy of that title in stock (not a "prepackaged previously owned game without cover art"), which would be at the regular POG (Previously Owned Game) cost. The "Prepacks" are not searchable in the computer inventory by game title. You either need to see it in person or ask for the earlier listed part numbers (or others, if there are more). I guess as a third option you could have them search for the product name "x360-prepack" and see what comes up..that way if there are other part numbers we aren't aware of, it would find them. This also may be possible with the other systems, such as "ps3-prepack".. hmmmmm...

PapaSmerf has a really good point that the employee you're talking to may not know that the product is on the floor. In fact, the product may not even be out on the floor, so you wouldn't know it either. It may be in unopened freight next to the counter, underneath a display table, or in the back room. If you go there and look for it, you may not find it. Asking them to stat the number will at least tell you if it exists. If you don't want to call ahead, don't. Just go in person and ask them to stat the numbers. If they don't carry them, look around the store anyway, as there might be other product just like it that has a different part number. (Then post that number on here so I can call my local Blockbuster and ask if they have that one too!)

Also, as far as "your call alerts them to a good deal they were not aware of and you are told there are none for sale," like I said, you do run that risk. However, 1) you're dealing with an employee who is a liar, so who knows what problems you might run into anyway when you get to the store and go through with the transaction, and 2) 9 times out of 10 an average Blockbuster employee is not going to stat the item and read the title "X360-Prepack POG w/o Cover Art" and even know what that item is. Even if they do decipher it, unless they have seen this situation before, that title is not going to tell them that this is a bargain they should jump on and hoard over. Franchise stores may have deals similar to this more often, but this Prepack label is from Blockbuster's corporate processing and (unless it is a Blockbuster discount test market) is much more rare. When I called in last week, I tried to be discreet about it and not alert any employees to the deal. It helps that customers usually don't call in asking to stat a part number, so even though he didn't ask, I'm sure he assumed I was an employee at a store somewhere, not a CAG. This especially wasn't a problem because the employee said only one store carried the item and it wasn't his store. This means he wasn't in person to view/buy the product if he wanted to. I drove to the store and I didn't see the cases at first so I asked an employee at this store to stat the number for me. He did and said there were 65 of them in the store, and even with 65 being available we still had to search them out for a couple minutes. Even then, I searched through the 65 of them for several minutes to see if there were exceptionally good deals.

You shouldn't have a problem. If they're out in the open, most employees probably have already seen them because this isn't a situation of a price drop--they were received at this price point. If they're not out in the open you aren't going to find them anyway. Whatever the case, I hope you do, and thanks to PapaSmerf and so many other people's posts that are helping to clarify the how to get the deals in the forums. Although we have different thoughts about some of this, I really appreciate that discussing it is bringing out more details and ideas and hopefully all of it is making it easier for readers. Drive or Call, I hope you can find some deals.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip :D. I will drive out to the blockbusters I called as they claim they dont have it in stock

picked up
2X CoD World at War
CoD 4 Modern Warfare
2X UFC
RE5

Got them all for less than 8 bucks using my friends employee discount. Then power traded em into gamestop.

I was looking for cod4 and codwaw but no luck. I picked up fear 2 360 for $9.99 I saw fallout 3 disc only for $9.99 but passed on it.

the Columbia, MO blockbuster didnt have anything as of two days ago, though there was signage that said $9.99 in big letters, don't know if it was taken down already or waiting to be put up though

bread's done
Back