Blockbuster.com - 30% Off - New Games, DVD's, Blu-Rays - Now with 94cent Shipping!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Taken from Slickdeals:
[quote name='Wessider']Save 30% on select DVDs from our Previously Viewed Collection. It doesn't say the criteria, just select DVDs.
Enter promo code holidaysurprise at checkout. We will even pay for shipping and handling. Offer expires on 1/31/09.

www.blockbuster.com

UPDATE: The 30% code worked on anything I tried but doesn't give free shipping unless it a select used DVD.
UPDATE: They have Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero search results
UPDATE: Added screenshot of email. Sorry it has no details about which used DVDs have free shipping. [/quote]

Tried it on a few games and it works. Be sure to enter the code with no spaces.

I know some of you out there have a ton of GameRush credit so now's the time to spend.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have Fallout 3 for the PS3 but it's at $64 for a used copy (marked the up for the sale?) but with the 30% off it's $45.

Edit- Are they used?

Can you buy Blu Ray's on their site? Tried to get the Dark Knight Blu Ray but it only shows the dvd version listed.

Good find. Saw this over at Slick deals and used a left over gift card from coke + this code to snag Mario Kart Wii for ~28 bucks shipped. Thanks for the find.

[quote name='magus83']Can you buy Blu Ray's on their site? Tried to get the Dark Knight Blu Ray but it only shows the dvd version listed.[/quote]

Yes you can, is tricky, to get the Blu-ray when you are in the DVD page of 'The Dark Knight' and you see the price of 22.99, there is an option that reads "See all editions available from 22.99" click on the 22.99 and it'll bring up the two version (DVD and Blu-ray), the blu-ray is 31.99, with the discount it would be 22.93.

[quote name='daknight']Yes you can, is tricky, to get the Blu-ray when you are in the DVD page of 'The Dark Knight' and you see the price of 22.99, there is an option that reads "See all editions available from 22.99" click on the 22.99 and it'll bring up the two version (DVD and Blu-ray), the blu-ray is 31.99, with the discount it would be 22.93.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help, was getting a bit frustrated trying to get it to work.

It's not showing any games for me to purchase when I searched. But I did see that you get a free Digital Media Player when you purchase 25 rentals for $99. Looks like BBV is starting this new On Demand service. http://www.blockbuster.com/ondemand
Edit: Found a section that lets you buy games, saw Persona 4 for $36, $25 with 30%.

If anyone figures out how to get the free shipping to apply, please post it. Otherwise, it kills the deal.

To the best of my knowledge, Gamerush credit doesn't work on BB's online site. Blockbuster giftcards do, but a Gamerush value card won't.

It does work on the Rock Band 2 bundle for Xbox 360 though. Comes out to around $160 after shipping AND NC sales tax.

[quote name='Layziebones']Thats why you use the 30% off....[/quote]even if you do, you still need to pay shipping and tax. not the greatest deal that people would go crazy for.

[quote name='phear3d']even if you do, you still need to pay shipping and tax. not the greatest deal that people would go crazy for.[/quote]
Its like $49 with shipping. Not bad for a new game.

[quote name='JJSP']To the best of my knowledge, Gamerush credit doesn't work on BB's online site. Blockbuster giftcards do, but a Gamerush value card won't.[/quote]
aww i was gonna buy wall-e on blu ray, but the value card doesn't work on their site:cry:

NOTE: I updated the prices below for .94 cent shipping!

All of the following Wii games new are $32.62 shipped (though plus tax, which in MD makes it $34.26 shipped) via this coupon:

Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Sluggers
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Those seem like pretty good deals for 1st party games even though they are older.

Also Boom Blox is $26.38 shipped (plus tax - $27.70 in MD) which is also a good deal. It's not clear if any of these are actually in stock, though.

And:

Wii Remote: $27.25 (plus tax) shipped

It's hard to find the Wii Remote, but it's there, and yes, the coupon works with it:

http://www.blockbuster.com/games/catalog/gameDetails/6794

I think that's pretty much the best deal anywhere on a new Wii Remote. Even with 5% tax it works out to $28.61 shipped (and, yes, as far as I can tell, Blockbuster is charging tax on shipping - can they do that?) That's $11.38 less then Amazon.com.

NOTE: I updated the prices below for FREE shipping!

OK, here are some more deals on hardware (Wii Remote repeated for completeness). I think the hardware deals are pretty good. All prices are after coupon "holidaysurprise":

Wii Remote $26.31 (plus tax) shipped:
http://www.blockbuster.com/outlet/games/catalog/gameDetails/6794

Wii Nunchuck $12.64 (plus tax) shipped:
http://www.blockbuster.com/outlet/games/catalog/gameDetails/7096

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller [Blue] (2007) $27.01 (plus tax) shipped:
http://www.blockbuster.com/outlet/games/catalog/gameDetails/5873

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller [Black] (2007) $27.78 (plus tax) shipped:
http://www.blockbuster.com/outlet/games/catalog/gameDetails/5872

Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (2005) $60.51 (plus tax) shipped:
http://www.blockbuster.com/outlet/games/catalog/gameDetails/5975

PS2 Dual Shock 2 [Satin Silver] $12.98 (plus tax) shipped:
http://www.blockbuster.com/games/catalog/gameDetails/5877

There are also other hardware deals. Easiest way to find the hardware is to browse, list 100 at a time and use the short list view and then search the page for what you want via your browsers page search. No, I did not see consoles themselves. Too bad. EDIT: In case you are wondering, no, I can't find any PS3 controllers on their site.

Shipping costs have appeared to drop considerably on First Class shipping making this deal more viable now.

I updated the prices in my hardware listing in post #25, fixed the URLs (sorry about that!) and added the Sony Dual Shock 2, which is a great deal too if you need one of those. With 94 cent shipping these are now pretty fantastic deals.

Would a rock band 2 bundle for PS3 work with this coupon? I can see shipping is .94 but don't wish to create an account unless I am sure the code will work.
Thanks

[quote name='Ficken']Would a rock band 2 bundle for PS3 work with this coupon? I can see shipping is .94 but don't wish to create an account unless I am sure the code will work.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I just tried it and it works. Of course they have an inflated initial price, but it still works out in the end. It's $145.83 + tax shipped after coupon. In MD, with 5% tax that would be approx. $153.12 shipped. That's a pretty good deal. They have the PS3 and 360 bundles, but not the Wii bundle. :( Probably just as well, though, as I don't really have the money to spend on it (no PS3 or 360, but do have a Wii.)

That's a great price on the Wii Remote. I might bite. I need to transfer some of my BB credit to a gift card though so I can pay online.

Dammit - I put some of my BB credit on a gift card and it turns out I was given the wrong kind of card. FYI to anyone getting gift cards for this - your card must start with 6016 or higher to be used online.

I guess I'll head over there again later and swap out the cards so I can get a Wii remote.

Tried to see how much Valkyria Chronicles would come out off.
With 30% off, it came to around 46.50 or so w/ tax and shipping.

Not really that great of a deal, but some might find it good enough.

[quote name='evilmrhenry']Completely dead for me. It times out after a while.[/quote]
Yeah, I am trying to check out and nothing happens every time I hit the final check out button.

*edit* I wrestled with it, finally got an error screen but got a confirmation sent to my email. I'm going to call it good and hope it actually went through.

[quote name='100xp']well, it is still in BETA. Consider it waiting in a virtual line.[/quote]
I noticed it said that on the page tab after I posted. Honestly, I'm willing to suffer through page errors and slow or no progress as long as I eventually get cheap video game stuff.

Thnx OP! I just ordered a new Burnout Paradise for the Xbox360 for $20 and change. It looks like there's free first class shipping now.

[quote name='crunchewy']NOTE: I updated the prices below for .94 cent shipping!

OK, here are some more deals on hardware (Wii Remote repeated for completeness). I think the hardware deals are pretty good. All prices are after coupon "holidaysurprise":

Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (2005) $61.45 (plus tax) shipped (with 5% tax it's $64.52 shipped)
http://www.blockbuster.com/outlet/games/catalog/gameDetails/5975

[/quote]

Thanks!! (ordered one)
That's the cheapest price I've seen for a brand new wireless adapter.

[quote name='nightmare452']Tried to see how much Valkyria Chronicles would come out off.
With 30% off, it came to around 46.50 or so w/ tax and shipping.

Not really that great of a deal, but some might find it good enough.[/quote]
I did. I was looking for any decent discount off this game.

Thanks OP, picked up a blue Xbox 360 controller, was the last one I wanted after getting one each of the white, black, and red. The wife doesn't want the pink one, which is fine by me!

Hmmm, surprised that they still have some of the old PSX RPGs listed as new and in stock, for ~$14 before coupon. If I didn't have most of them already I'd probably be all over it.

bread's done
Back