Blockbuster.com - 30% Off - New Games, DVD's, Blu-Rays - Now with 94cent Shipping!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Taken from Slickdeals:
[quote name='Wessider']Save 30% on select DVDs from our Previously Viewed Collection. It doesn't say the criteria, just select DVDs.
Enter promo code holidaysurprise at checkout. We will even pay for shipping and handling. Offer expires on 1/31/09.

www.blockbuster.com

UPDATE: The 30% code worked on anything I tried but doesn't give free shipping unless it a select used DVD.
UPDATE: They have Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero search results
UPDATE: Added screenshot of email. Sorry it has no details about which used DVDs have free shipping. [/quote]

Tried it on a few games and it works. Be sure to enter the code with no spaces.

I know some of you out there have a ton of GameRush credit so now's the time to spend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow still never got my game... they said they shipped using USPS First Class mail... never takes this long when I ship this method to fellow CAG....

I placed my order on the 30th, and still waiting on my package. I decided to submit a trouble ticket and they said

Thank you for contacting Blockbuster Customer Care.

I understand that you want to know when are we going to ship the item that you ordered online.

i checked your account, and verified that the item "Little Big Planet" is being allocated already. When the title is "in progress" status, it will take 14 days for us to ship the item. Should you were unable to receive the item after 14 days from the date you ordered the item, we are going to credit back the amount that has been charged on your account.

[quote name='equax']I placed my order on the 30th, and still waiting on my package. I decided to submit a trouble ticket and they said[/quote]
It took a week for my orders to be shipped. It hasn't even been a week for yours yet...

They got hammered with orders, cut em some slack.

Is it possible to tell if the game has been re-shrink wrapped? I just received NHL 09 (ordered on 12/25 and still waiting for Oblivion GOTY), and the disc was loose inside. I'm afraid it might be used copy. Thanks.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Is it possible to tell if the game has been re-shrink wrapped? I just received NHL 09 (ordered on 12/25 and still waiting for Oblivion GOTY), and the disc was loose inside. I'm afraid it might be used copy. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

What kind of shrink wrap does it have?

Does it have the Y-folds in the top and bottom?

Does it have the security stickers on the side?

If you have the Yfolds its almost 100% new.

If you have just what looks like regular shrink wrap around it then, its possible its used.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Is it possible to tell if the game has been re-shrink wrapped? I just received NHL 09 (ordered on 12/25 and still waiting for Oblivion GOTY), and the disc was loose inside. I'm afraid it might be used copy. Thanks.[/quote]

A lot of times the little plastic tines that hold the disc can get broken for whatever reason and the disc will get loose. Not super common, but it does happen.

I ordered Orange Box on the 23rd and still waiting (In Progress). Guess it might be canceled since it's been 14 days.

[quote name='evophile']What kind of shrink wrap does it have?

Does it have the Y-folds in the top and bottom?

Does it have the security stickers on the side?

If you have the Yfolds its almost 100% new.

If you have just what looks like regular shrink wrap around it then, its possible its used.[/quote]

Shrink wrap looks like an X on top and bottom, no security stickers either. Actually I don't remember seeing any stickers, even the ones from Amazon. So,is that normal? or Should I return it? Tks.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Shrink wrap looks like an X on top and bottom, no security stickers either. Actually I don't remember seeing any stickers, even the ones from Amazon. So,is that normal? or Should I return it? Tks.[/QUOTE]

It looks like this?

DSC_0183-1.jpg

If so, its most likely new as those are hard to reseal and I don't think every game has the security stickers.

Yep, but not perfect like yours. The X is wrinkled and crumbly. Sorry, I don't have a camera to post up pics.

I hope is new, I'll be real angry if Blockbuster sold me a used game at original price.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Yep, but not perfect like yours. The X is wrinkled and crumbly. Sorry, I don't have a camera to post up pics.

I hope is new, I'll be real angry if Blockbuster sold me a used game at original price.[/QUOTE]

Damn thats hard to say, I've seen some ratty Y-fold shrinkwrapped games before, but thats just because of where they were kept.

IMO its pretty hard to take apart a Y-fold seal and seal it back perfectly. So just inspect it closely, although my first instinct is to say that it's fine. Sorry can't help more.

[quote name='evophile']Damn thats hard to say, I've seen some ratty Y-fold shrinkwrapped games before, but thats just because of where they were kept.

IMO its pretty hard to take apart a Y-fold seal and seal it back perfectly. So just inspect it closely, although my first instinct is to say that it's fine. Sorry can't help more.[/quote]

Decided to open up the game, the plastic tingle and back of disc is fine. Guess the disc came off during the delivery. I'll just avoid BB in the future.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who reply. Greatly appreciate it.

I just got Lips in the mail the other day, and the plastic clamshell was cracked on top, but taped together. The game was sealed and mics were mint though. Also still waiting on 360 controller and charge kits to be sent.

Got Timeshift (PS3) in the mail today, just 5 days after receiving the shipping notice. Game was in perfect shape.

Hey guys, just wondering, did anyone who ordered an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller get a shipping confirmation yet? I ordered the Blue controller around 2 weeks ago on Dec. 24th and it still says In Progress. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='jpw21683']It took a week for my orders to be shipped. It hasn't even been a week for yours yet...

They got hammered with orders, cut em some slack.[/quote]

Yeah you're right, we should take it easy and be patient and for the rest of us waiting for our package.

[quote name='equax']Yeah you're right, we should take it easy and be patient and for the rest of us waiting for our package.[/quote]
FYI...I'm still waiting for one of my items, only received one of em. They were both shipped on the 30th.

I just got one of my two items (a wii remote) - waiting on Lego Star Wars Wii - both supposedly shipped the same day last Tuesday.

[quote name='dragon128']Hey guys, just wondering, did anyone who ordered an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller get a shipping confirmation yet? I ordered the Blue controller around 2 weeks ago on Dec. 24th and it still says In Progress. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. I've sent two emails and got one reply which pretty much said nothing.

[quote name='charlescheese']I'm in the same boat. I've sent two emails and got one reply which pretty much said nothing.[/quote]

Yeah, I sent them an email too. They are probably not going to give me any useful information either. It sucks that they charge you before even shipping. What color did you buy? I ordered the Blue color so I don't know if that has to do with anything.

What I don't agree with is that they charge your credit card before they even ship the item. If I preorder/backorder an item from Amazon, they won't charge me until they have actually shipped it from their warehouse.

My credit card statement cycle already ended, I already paid for my item and still haven't received it. WTF is that? 1 week 5 days in and still "in progress". I am never buying from Blockbuster again...I'm not even sure if it's worth it just to keep the order open. I'm not that desperate to save $13 on Valkyria Chronicles.

Well, my order of Stranglehold got canceled :(

Hello Kevin,
Account Number: -----------

We have cancelled the following item(s) of your order #------- as we are not able to fulfill.
This is your refund confirmation for the following item(s):

Product Condition Price
John Woo Presents Stranglehold New $10.20
Merchandise Sub-Total $10.20
Promotion Discount -$3.06
Shipping/Handling $0.00
Re-stocking Fee $0.00
Tax $0.55
Total Refund Amount $7.69

Your refund will be applied to the credit card displayed below.
Shame, could have bought this from buy.com but they raised their prices recently. Damn Blockbuster.

Had my Orange Box canceled... It's BS that they don't let you cancel your own order but they seem to be able to at will. Avoiding this website in the future.

blockbuster can suck my right one

"We have cancelled the following item(s) of your order #362309 as we are not able to fulfill.This is your refund confirmation for the following item(s):
Product Condition Price
The Orange Box [Half-Life 2] New $17.70
Merchandise Sub-Total $17.70
Promotion Discount -$5.31
Shipping/Handling $0.00
Re-stocking Fee $0.00
Tax $1.04
Total Refund Amount $13.43"

Yup, my order from the 24th was canceled too. All I ordered was stranglehold. I knew I should have just ordered from newegg for $2 more! Would have gotten it already!

Well my order was shipped well over a week ago and im starting to get a little ticked... they were quick as hell to charge the card I used and get it out the door but did they hire an old lady with a walker to deliver it to me?

Nice deal on what I got but sometimes waiting forever is not worth it and some people should tell them just because some ebay sellers get away with taking forever for something to get shipped to people not everyone can do it....

Sure wish they would ship as great as they do with thier online movie rental type thing they run...

Yep, they cancelled my orange box, although burnout showed up a couple of days ago...

Too bad only CC is doing Orange Box for $15. if Amazon had it, I'd be all over that...

Both my Orange Box and Stranglehold were canceled, Burnout Paradise has come in, still waiting on Eternal Sonata which supposedly shipped at the same time as Burnout Paradise.

Also, I used a combo of a gift card and my credit card yet they refunded everything back to my credit card.

Good luck to everybody on getting their orders in.

Later,

Alex

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well my order was shipped well over a week ago and im starting to get a little ticked... they were quick as hell to charge the card I used and get it out the door but did they hire an old lady with a walker to deliver it to me?

Nice deal on what I got but sometimes waiting forever is not worth it and some people should tell them just because some ebay sellers get away with taking forever for something to get shipped to people not everyone can do it....

Sure wish they would ship as great as they do with thier online movie rental type thing they run...[/QUOTE]

yeah , its pretty amazing how fast we were charged but took them forever to realize that they weren't going to be able to fulfill the orders. That was my first and probably last experience with Blockbuster online.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well my order was shipped well over a week ago and im starting to get a little ticked... they were quick as hell to charge the card I used and get it out the door but did they hire an old lady with a walker to deliver it to me?

Sure wish they would ship as great as they do with thier online movie rental type thing they run...[/quote]
My Wii remote shipped almost two weeks ago now and still no sign of it, and of course you can't track anything through their site or get any more information about shipping.

This is par for the course for me with Blockbuster online though - I ordered a pre-viewed DVD a couple months ago and had to wait a couple weeks after it shipped. I have tried their online rental service twice (at two different addresses a couple years apart) and the shipping was so slow that even with returning all three movies the next day I would get maybe nine movies a month. This was barely OK when you could do unlimited in-store exchanges. Now that the limit is five it's not worth it at all. I can get 30-40 movies a month from Netflix no problem.

[quote name='wii skiier']My Wii remote shipped almost two weeks ago now and still no sign of it, and of course you can't track anything through their site or get any more information about shipping.

This is par for the course for me with Blockbuster online though - I ordered a pre-viewed DVD a couple months ago and had to wait a couple weeks after it shipped. I have tried their online rental service twice (at two different addresses a couple years apart) and the shipping was so slow that even with returning all three movies the next day I would get maybe nine movies a month. This was barely OK when you could do unlimited in-store exchanges. Now that the limit is five it's not worth it at all. I can get 30-40 movies a month from Netflix no problem.[/quote]

My brother has the unlimited in store rental and uses it pretty often but non the less he is way more satified with net-flicks as well...

I may join the band wagon and count this as my 1 and only time with BB online because if this is going to be the case with thier online services they should not have it as an option to begin with...

I just got an email from them on the blue 360 controller asking me to be patient. I replied that I'd be a lot more patient if they hadn't charged me for something they can't ship.

Lame... they canceled my order for a 360 controller and Play n Charge kits. I shouldn't be surprised that the online store sucks as much as their B&M ones. Can't wait until they go out of business.

Did anyone receive their XBOX 360 wireless adapter yet? I haven't seen any cancellation, but I've received everything else on my order so far.

They just canceled my Valkyria Chronicles. I sent an email to CS demanding either a new code or gift card or something. We'll see how that goes :(

[quote name='jtdragon']Did anyone receive their XBOX 360 wireless adapter yet? I haven't seen any cancellation, but I've received everything else on my order so far.[/quote]

Nope, and I ordered way back on Dec. 22 (I figure they are eventually going to cancel my order as it hasn't even shipped)

bread's done
Back