Blu-Rays/DVD with Movie Cash List and Deals

[quote name='Pounce!']Can someone report BBY carries the Crood tix w/ Rise of the Guardians? Is it on certain packages (egg bundle) or certain retailers (ie Walmart). Asked a worker if he could check in the back. "if it's not in the ad, no" was the response. Lazy.

Also spotted $45 JP TRILOGY w/$8 fandango bucks for JP3D. So it's not just amazon.[/QUOTE]

I saw an ad posted at Wal-Mart about select movies having the $8 Croods movie money. It was on a poster with a picture of RoTG so I would guess that would be one of the movies. Not sure about any other retailers though.

Was just at Costco and they had True Grit, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Transformers 1 (single disc), and GI Joe Rise of Cobra (single disc) Blu-rays with $7.50 Hollywood Movie Money to GI Joe Retaliation.

EDIT: Toys R Us also had the following:

War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise)
Italian Job
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (single disc)
Top Gun
Mission Impossible 1-3 (individual)

[quote name='DNukem170']Was just at Costco and they had True Grit, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Transformers 1 (single disc), and GI Joe Rise of Cobra (single disc) Blu-rays with $7.50 Hollywood Movie Money to GI Joe Retaliation.

EDIT: Toys R Us also had the following:

War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise)
Italian Job
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (single disc)
Top Gun
Mission Impossible 1-3 (individual)[/QUOTE]

How much were the Costco Blu-Rays?

I really wonder if the site that issued the tickets for GI JOE will honor those tickets even though the movie was pushed back til this year ? :|

Not sure if this is allowed or if anyone cares, but Amazon has their own selection of movies on sale that come with a free $7.50 GI Joe: Retaliation ticket. And one of the movies is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Single-Disc Edition) for $5.50 on DVD, which trades in for $3.80 in brand new condition, essentially making the movie ticket cost $1.70. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Saw the Jurassic Park blu's at Target today for $18 w/ $8 movie cash to see Jurassic Park 3D. Sure hope they go on sale for cheaper than that somewhere next week, around $10 each would be a great deal.

[quote name='argyle']Saw the Jurassic Park blu's at Target today for $18 w/ $8 movie cash to see Jurassic Park 3D. Sure hope they go on sale for cheaper than that somewhere next week, around $10 each would be a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Fandango Cash right? Not hollywood movie money. The only way that will cover most of the ticket price is if you see it like at a discounted before noon showing so 5/6 dollars +3 to 4 dollars add on for 3-D. I am debating to get the single packs with the UV copies or the box set..hmmm...

I don't recall what kind it was, honestly - the $18 sticker scared me off anyway. I have a local theater that offers special pricing in the afternoons between 4:00 - 5:30, so I could catch it for $8.75 then. Would definitely be worth it for me if I could find the right price on the movies.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Not sure if this is allowed or if anyone cares, but Amazon has their own selection of movies on sale that come with a free $7.50 GI Joe: Retaliation ticket. And one of the movies is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Single-Disc Edition) for $5.50 on DVD, which trades in for $3.80 in brand new condition, essentially making the movie ticket cost $1.70. Just thought I'd throw that out there.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did. Purchased 2 (with different accounts) and set it up to send them both in for a net of $3.40 for both tix. They emailed the code about 4 hrs after I received shipping confirmation.

Went to see the movie last night. Enjoyed it, but beware of the false advertising. Channing Tatum is only in it for about the first 15mins and Bruce Willis has only a few small parts. This is The Rock's show - which is not a bad thing, it's just not as advertised.

[quote name='argyle']I don't recall what kind it was, honestly - the $18 sticker scared me off anyway. I have a local theater that offers special pricing in the afternoons between 4:00 - 5:30, so I could catch it for $8.75 then. Would definitely be worth it for me if I could find the right price on the movies.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the versions at Best Buy have the movie cash, but if they do they would be about $51 for all 3 movies + 3 movie tix and a $10 BB gift card.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-4800820212380305708&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=GL_2DaySale_Movies_20130329&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

[quote name='Serjitank']anyone see any promos for Trance?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful, it's a Fox Searchlight film playing in 4 theaters nationwide next week.

I've never really used this movie cash before, I'm going to look for a Blu with some GI Joe movie cash. Exactly how does it work?

On the back of the sticker are directions and a code. Go to the URL listed, enter the code, enter your name & theater choice, then print out the coupon.

Best Buy has a bunch of Blu-rays with $8 Fandango cash for Oblivion.

- 12 Monkeys
- Adjustment Bureau
- Battleship
- Children of Men
- Cowboys & Aliens
- Doom
- Doomsday
- Dune
- ET
- Flash Gordon
- The Frighteners
- Hellboy 2
- Hulk (Ang Lee)
- Incredible Hulk
- Last Starfighter
- Paul
- Serenity
- Thing (Combo pack and Blu-ray only)

Prices range from $7.99 to $17.99.

[quote name='DNukem170']Best Buy has a bunch of Blu-rays with $8 Fandango cash for Oblivion

Prices range from $7.99 to $17.99.[/QUOTE]
Sucks that only ET and Battleship are the only ones with digital copies.

I was not a fan of the $7.99 films. Above $10 without digital copies are a no go.

I have 3 Fandango Fast and the Furious 6 codes that I'm interested in trading. These do expire at the end of the month.

Looking for Lone Ranger, Man of Steel, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, This is the End, World War Z, or Red Baron/Iron Man. Will trade 3 FF6 for any 2.

all gone

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 Fandango Fast and the Furious 6 codes that I'm interested in trading. These do expire at the end of the month.

Looking for Lone Ranger, Man of Steel, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, This is the End, World War Z, or Red Baron/Iron Man. Will trade 3 FF6 for any 2.
Why are you trying to trade them here? This is not a trade thread.

It seems that it would be the easiest place to find someone to trade with. Plus I did start this thread.

It seems that it would be the easiest place to find someone to trade with. Plus I did start this thread.
Still not a trade thread regardless of who started the thread.

Still not a trade thread regardless of who started the thread.
Exactly. Besides I am tired of need for speed , er Fast and Furious.

I work at Target and I noticed today on the Bluray copies of Top Gun and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol that they had stickers on them for Movie Cash for World War Z. and that the first Jurassic Park had a sticker on it for Fandanago passes to see either R.I.P.D., or Kick Ass 2.

Son of a bitch!  I was just there and I didn't see this.  Also what the hell is this promo at target where you buy the book and get tickets to see WWZ?  The electronics employees and manager were clueless to this promo.

Son of a bitch! I was just there and I didn't see this. Also what the hell is this promo at target where you buy the book and get tickets to see WWZ? The electronics employees and manager were clueless to this promo.
I haven't heard of this one. I'll have to look into it.

Son of a bitch! I was just there and I didn't see this. Also what the hell is this promo at target where you buy the book and get tickets to see WWZ? The electronics employees and manager were clueless to this promo.
From what I know if you buy the hardcover edition of the book it will print out a coupon for $5 off a ticket. At Target I also found a bunch of blu-rays (GI Joe, MI4, Top Gun) that all came with $7.50 tickets for World War Z.

Was at Costco and they had the previous 5 X-Men films on Blu-ray with $10 HMM for Wolverine. Best part? The first four have brand new slipcovers. And Wolvie only hogs 2 of them!

Was at Costco and they had the previous 5 X-Men films on Blu-ray with $10 HMM for Wolverine. Best part? The first four have brand new slipcovers. And Wolvie only hogs 2 of them!
Saw this at Target today also. I'm almost positive the slipcovers are new and they had did have $10 coupons. I haven't checked my older BR's to compare yet. The DVD version of the newest x-men movie is less than $10 and had the sticker so I got that.

Target also had movies with Despicable Me 2 coupons but don't remember how much. Saw a few movies at Walmart in a bin that had the same coupon.

Target also had movies with coupons towards new Warner bros movies coming out before some date in Aug. If I'm not mistaken that giant robot/monster movie is by WB and coming out soon. You should probably confirm that before buying cause I'm not certain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart's Despicable Me 2 stand is where I got mine.  Most of the DVDs are $5 with a $5 Fandango Cash.  With Best Buy's Trade/Save promo coming up, it was a great opportunity to get some tickets out of it. 

For anyone that still reads this.... picked up and got to see Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters for free, good movie.

• Gulliver's Travels
  • Mr. Poppers Penguins
  • Nim's Island
  • Mirror Mirror  almost picked up does have cash...
  • Eragon
  • Pagemaster

My walmart had various movies with coupon movie cash.

anchorman dvd = 7.50 off anchorman 2

all dvds: rise of the planet of the apes, taken 2, a good day to die hard, life of pi + others = $8 off to see either Free Birds, Walking w/ Dinosaurs 3D or Secret life of Walter Mitty

all dvds: sum of all fears, clear & present danger, jack reacher, ghost protocol + others = $7.50 off one admission ticket at participating theaters...I assume any movie is ok.

$8 off Enders Game on several blu ray discs

bread's done
Back