Blu-Rays/DVD with Movie Cash List and Deals

[quote name='ITDEFX']YES they are!

I just used 2 $12 tickets and 2 $5 tickets for two IMAX tickets at midnight.[/QUOTE]

we now know a $12 stacks with a $5 on imax (though it could be ymmv)

has anybody tried two/three $5 on a single imax?

[quote name='ITDEFX']YES they are!

I just used 2 $12 tickets and 2 $5 tickets for two IMAX tickets at midnight.[/QUOTE]

They aren't supposed to stack with each other. So I wouldn't go to the theater box office expecting them to work. Technically the tickets are all just a prepaid credit card number and you could use as many as you wanted at once. That isn't how they are intended to work though so don't surprised if not many will be able to pull that off.

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']we now know a $12 stacks with a $5 on imax (though it could be ymmv)

has anybody tried two/three $5 on a single imax?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='noone13']They aren't supposed to stack with each other. So I wouldn't go to the theater box office expecting them to work. Technically the tickets are all just a prepaid credit card number and you could use as many as you wanted at once. That isn't how they are intended to work though so don't surprised if not many will be able to pull that off.[/QUOTE]

Lol, it's a GLITCH Bitches!! Just kidding! ...well maybe...:whistle2:#

Well every time I go to this theater using one of these hollywood movie money tickets they always get a "declined" or "Already used" error and they can't figure out why.... the other day the manager looked into it and said that the cashier has to input the amount on each coupon manually..so if one says 12, then she has to put 12 for payment other wise the system will try to charge the full total amount of the two tickets on one coupon.

[IMG-L=6968]27713[/IMG-L]

I paid 2 dollars out of pocket..damn you Regal you charge the same price for a non 3d IMAX movie at night than you do for a 3d IMAX movie at night.

[quote name='ITDEFX']:hot:

So if I buy 6 of these things, I will get 2 codes or one code per transaction?[/QUOTE]

No, it should be one code per transaction. It should work the same as the standard Register Rewards system.

As for the buy, return and keep comment it's not supposed to work like that. With Register Rewards items, if someone tries to return said item Walgreens is supposed to only refund the full amount if you turn in the Register Reward coupon as well. Otherwise you'll only get back the difference between the original cost and the reward amount. It should work this way with these items as well, but I suppose it's possible they'll overlook it. I wouldn't bank on that, though.

[quote name='BMXJouster']No, it should be one code per transaction. It should work the same as the standard Register Rewards system.

As for the buy, return and keep comment it's not supposed to work like that. With Register Rewards items, if someone tries to return said item Walgreens is supposed to only refund the full amount if you turn in the Register Reward coupon as well. Otherwise you'll only get back the difference between the original cost and the reward amount. It should work this way with these items as well, but I suppose it's possible they'll overlook it. I wouldn't bank on that, though.[/QUOTE]

so return the whole thing ;)

For the guys this time.
http://www.schickslimtwinrewards.com/spiderman/default.asp
billboard.jpg

Could someone please explain how the Spider-Man tickets with the blurays work? Are they printed tickets inside the case or are you required to print them yourself?
The only reason I ask is I won't have access to a printer next week, so this will let me know if I should buy them now or later. Thanks.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Could someone please explain how the Spider-Man tickets with the blurays work? Are they printed tickets inside the case or are you required to print them yourself?
The only reason I ask is I won't have access to a printer next week, so this will let me know if I should buy them now or later. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You need to print them yourself. You put in the code at http://www.sonymoviecash.com/asm/ and it gives you a pdf you need to print out.

Yeah it use to be where the ticket thingy was inside now it's a code behind the sticker...if it's a disney movie, it's on a code sheet so don't throw that away!

Stupid Best Buy. Movies with Ice Age cash are on sale in store, but the website doesn't have the sale prices yet, so I can't do store pickup to get the $10 back. $10 for 2D movies and $20 for 3D.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Another Spidey promo from Kelloggs

Buy 6 kellogg's branded cereals or nutrigran bars(these were 2.00 per box at walmart) = 1 2d ticket
Buy 8 = 1 3D ticket.

http://spidermanmovie.kelloggs.com

I'm gonna look for those razors In store too.[/QUOTE]

This should actually apply to any movie as well, not just Spidey. I plan on doing this to get TDKR IMAX ticket.

Has HollywoodMovieMoney ever extended a redemption offer?

I passed on buying the MIB blu-ray at BB since I saw the 7/5 expiration on the sticker, but the activation site to input codes says "Offer expires 8/31/2012 at 11:59 pm CST". Anyone try after 7/5 for Men In Black 3?

:pray: that it still works. I'll head back to buy it if they've pushed the expiration back for some reason. Movie is slated to run at least through early next week.

Thanks.

MIB3 looks like it's about to head out from the theaters ...so it may be difficult to find unless you go to one of those bargain theaters. I think the rule is that it's til a certain date OR how ever long the movie plays in theaters. Some movies that tank fast get the boot within 2 weeks. I've seen this happen before.

Speaking to the MIB movie cash, my theater (Regal) doesn't ever give a damn if the movie is still around, they just go solely by expiration date.

Worst you could do, "Hey, the movie isn't in theaters anymore, but could you see if these work, they haven't expired yet" or something to that effect.

I haven't given a theater employee actual money in at least two years.

Okay, this is really off topic but I tried to find the answer through google with no luck. Can e-moviecash certificates be used online at all or are they only good in theater? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='GamerDude316']Okay, this is really off topic but I tried to find the answer through google with no luck. Can e-moviecash certificates be used online at all or are they only good in theater? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Only good in the theater.

[quote name='noone13']Only good in the theater.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was hoping to use one towards TDKR in IMAX on the 20th but I dont wanna risk it being sold out so will buy online regularly today. I'll use the certificate towards Spiderman or something

picked up The Matrix today with the $5 movie cash for TDKR. Will probably pick up Reloaded this week as well (I need a new copy anyway since mine has disappeared) and see if I can use 2 at the same time when I see TDKR at the local theatre in a couple weeks. If it doesnt work guess a friend will get $5 off as well.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Thanks. I was hoping to use one towards TDKR in IMAX on the 20th but I dont wanna risk it being sold out so will buy online regularly today. I'll use the certificate towards Spiderman or something[/QUOTE]

You can use them online as well.

I didn't see this posted up anywhere on the DVD/Blu-Ray forums but for those that are interested Amazon is running a promotion similar to Ted's where you get a Fandango movie ticket to see The Bourne Legacy when you pre-order the blu-ray version on Amazon.

Has anyone tried using movie cash (fandango, ecash,hmm) of that movie for a different movie at the ticket booth when you hand them your slip?

I have so many Ice Age 4 (hmm) Brave (hmm), and soon Bourne 4 (fandango), Expendables 2 (ecash) codes. Would like to know if the issuer allows processing being that most are just prepaid cc codes...or has certain movies blocked this "deception"?

Example: I have seen Brave already. My 3 remaining Codes don't expire till the end of the month, yet it left my nearby area. Can I redeem it for...say Total Recall?

Edit: And any stacking possible...and least on the piddly $5 ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a $12 Avengers movie cash coupon for Total Recall this last weekend. Worked fine. Although it did say on the coupon "To See The Avengers or Any Other Movie in Theaters" on the coupon.

Either way it is worth a shot to try.

M

Or you can use the code to see one of the movies then go in to another movie instead of that movie. Depending on the theater. Sometimes they don't care as long as you have a ticket stub to something.

Hehe, been doing that actually, unfortunately alot of the movies are gone before I can burn through them all. (3 recently wasted). So was wondering if any of my mentioned remaining movies are indeed specifically blocked in the system. ...And then next are inexperienced/by the book workers to deal with. Wish me luck.

Anyways, Thanks from a CAM (cheap ass moviegoer) who bought 6 Brave games with Target coupon, flipped them at BB during tradein bonus, and kept the codes.

[quote name='Pounce!']Anyways, Thanks from a CAM (cheap ass moviegoer) who bought 6 Brave games with Target coupon, flipped them at BB during tradein bonus, and kept the codes.[/QUOTE]

Well done sir. I personally have no problems flipping but some people here are real anal about it and might delete your thread for even mentioning it.

M

[quote name='coolrust']or return your movie ticket for gift certificate, sometimes cash.[/QUOTE]

Too risky...management has the right to refuse this.

Best Buy has a display of Pixar and Disney movies with stickers on them advertising movie cash for Finding Nemo 3D ($12), on sale for $19.99 each. I picked up Ratatouille and A Bug's Life.

A warning, though -- I entered the code for Ratatouille on the Disney Movie Rewards site, and it didn't give me the movie cash certificate. I sent an email to DMR support, will see what response I get. In the meantime, I'm going to wait to register A Bug's Life for now. i'll report back when I hear something.

[quote name='arcane93']Best Buy has a display of Pixar and Disney movies with stickers on them advertising movie cash for Finding Nemo 3D ($12), on sale for $19.99 each. I picked up Ratatouille and A Bug's Life.

A warning, though -- I entered the code for Ratatouille on the Disney Movie Rewards site, and it didn't give me the movie cash certificate. I sent an email to DMR support, will see what response I get. In the meantime, I'm going to wait to register A Bug's Life for now. i'll report back when I hear something.[/QUOTE]

The offer doesn't go live until 8/31, so that is why you didn't get your ticket. Kind of dumb it doesn't say that on the sticker though.

[quote name='noone13']The offer doesn't go live until 8/31, so that is why you didn't get your ticket. Kind of dumb it doesn't say that on the sticker though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah damn, it would be nice if they'd had that info somewhere. They'd better give me my ticket after 8/31, or I'm going to be pissed.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder if Resident Evil: Retribution will have movie cash tickets as well?[/QUOTE]

I've been hoping for this too.

[quote name='noone13']The offer doesn't go live until 8/31, so that is why you didn't get your ticket. Kind of dumb it doesn't say that on the sticker though.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. I have A Bugs life and Ratatouie bluray DMR codes that I haven't redeemed yet. Does anyone know what other titles will be eligible? I couldn't find a list online, but maybe the Best Buy display will give me some indication. I'll definitely have to remember to check the Disney Movie Reward site on 8/31.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Holy crap. I have A Bugs life and Ratatouie bluray DMR codes that I haven't redeemed yet. Does anyone know what other titles will be eligible? I couldn't find a list online, but maybe the Best Buy display will give me some indication. I'll definitely have to remember to check the Disney Movie Reward site on 8/31.[/QUOTE]

• The Incredibles
  • The Muppets
  • Wall-E
  • A Bug's Life
  • Ratatouille
  • Toy Story
  • Toy Story 2
  • Toy Story 3
  • Tangled
  • The Lion King
  • The Lion King 1 1/2
  • The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
  • Dumbo
  • The Princess & The Frog
  • Lady & The Tramp
Those are the blu rays that it should work with. The DVD versions of Tangled, Lion King, Dumbo, Princess and the Frog, and Lady and the Tramp may work. The DVD versions are listed as coming with the ticket in the Disney Movie Club so they should work.

[quote name='noone13']
  • The Incredibles
  • The Muppets
  • Wall-E
  • A Bug's Life
  • Ratatouille
  • Toy Story
  • Toy Story 2
  • Toy Story 3
  • Tangled
  • The Lion King
  • The Lion King 1 1/2
  • The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
  • Dumbo
  • The Princess & The Frog
  • Lady & The Tramp
Those are the blu rays that it should work with. The DVD versions of Tangled, Lion King, Dumbo, Princess and the Frog, and Lady and the Tramp may work. The DVD versions are listed as coming with the ticket in the Disney Movie Club so they should work.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I should have 9 free movie tickets to Nemo then. :hot: 12 if the Lion King Trilogy boxset somehow gives 3 tickets. 13 if Tangled 3D bluray works. 14 if the Princess and the Frog bluray I bought a Blockbuster for some reason has an unused DMR code.

I knew there was a reason I never redeem my DMR codes. :)

Thanks again.

According to an ad in the new @Gamer, the new Nemo games coming out soon also have a $12 ticket on them. Amazon and BB have the DS at $20 and the 3DS at $30. Nowhere near as good as the Brave deal, but another option if you need a gift or something.

As a follow-up, they responded to my message and told me to contact them again after 8/31 and they'd be able to help me then. So it sounds like they will be able to resolve it. But yeah, wait until tomorrow to redeem any codes... :)

Picked up Wall-E, Bug's Life and Ratatouille tonight. I wanted Incredibles, but it was marked $30, along with the 3 Toy Story movies. As a bonus, my cashier had a paper to scan and every customer she rang up got double RZ points.

[quote name='ITDEFX']No new stuff? :([/QUOTE]

There are a bunch of them coming up or out now.

Hotel Translyvania $10 ticket on random Sony DVDs

Frankenweenie or Wreck It Ralph $12 tickets with certain DMR codes (like the Nemo promo)

Skyfall and The Hobbit both had promos listed with movies on Walmart.com

Taken 2 $10 tickets on some movies (Taken 1 on DVD I know of for sure)

There is also the Go Gurt promo for $8 tickets to any movie.

I am not seeing anything in stores for PA4........There was a promo for PA3 last year. I did see the Hotel Translyvania on things like Paul Blaurt sP? and Soul Surfer.

Machete and Taken on BluRay have the movie cash for Taken. Picked up Machete for $10 from Costco with the movie cash stuck to it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Machete and Taken on BluRay have the movie cash for Taken. Picked up Machete for $10 from Costco with the movie cash stuck to it.[/QUOTE]

ahh damn.... I already bought those two last year around BF for under 10.

Would not be surprised if those tickets show up on these movies at BB weeks later or after it's gone....it happened with Ghost Rider 2 at Best Buy.

[quote name='shrike4242']Machete and Taken on BluRay have the movie cash for Taken. Picked up Machete for $10 from Costco with the movie cash stuck to it.[/QUOTE]

Hey Shrike, what type of movie cash is it? Is it the Fandango or one of the better ones?

I'm going to try to hit up Best Buy tomorrow and see if I can find any other movies that have Taken 2 cash on them. I'll report back.

bread's done
Back