Blue 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 Bundle for $199.99 coming soon!

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
The 3DS XL Blue with Mario Kart 7 bundle will be on sale next week. Edit: The bundle will be $199.99

2j4pk7k.jpg

The regular 3ds will be getting an official price drop to $139.99 about 2 weeks from now.

Edit: After having more time to review the info I got with another person, I have decided to remove the part of my post suggesting this is a MSRP. The $139.99 is legit and will happen in 2 weeks from at least one retailer but the info I have is kind of confusing on if it is a MSRP drop or just a retailer discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one from Target over the weekend for 175. Not too interested in Mario Kart so I don't feel robbed lol.

Why are they bundling a DS game in a 3DS??? Sure, it's backward compatible, but that's kind of like bundling a gamecube game with a wii (original ones).

[quote name='scottman']Why are they bundling a DS game in a 3DS??? Sure, it's backward compatible, but that's kind of like bundling a gamecube game with a wii (original ones).[/QUOTE]

Mariot Kart 7 is a 3DS game.

[quote name='trent82']I'm not sure about this "dimmer screens" argument. I know there was an issue with some people getting units that had a yellowish tint, but mine doesn't have that. I have had my launch 3DS and my XL sitting side by side and the screens look essentially the same in terms of brightness and color. I've never felt that there was anything wrong with the audio and the sacrifice in visual crispness is relatively minor and completely worth it in my opinion.

Are these problems from your own experiences with an XL?[/QUOTE]

http://www.digitalversus.com/games-console/nintendo-3ds-xl-p13651/test.html

And another article:

http://www.gamejudgment.com/3ds-xl-review-should-original-3ds-owners-upgrade

They mention pixellation and dimmer screens. Nintendo obviously sourced some cheaper screens for the XL, and the blown up pixels just look worse, especially with no antialiasing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doodofdoods']Mariot Kart 7 is a 3DS game.[/QUOTE]

Oops, yeah you're right. Those cases look so similar I am having trouble keeping track.

[quote name='lilytrabbit']Random question why does the color matter? The only time you see the color is when the console is closed.[/QUOTE]

So you have no problem buying a pink one? Post a picture when you do.

there's some decent software on the 3ds, but i'm holding out for the redesign that comes with a second analog stick. there's a perfect spot for one on the right side right under the face buttons; nintendo needs to stop being so stubborn and just do it already.

Man, do I have bad timing. I bought a 3DS XL for retail from Newegg when it became clear that no Black Friday deals were happening. The next week it was available for $180 from BB, then $175 from Target, and now this. Of course, tax will add up a bit, but I probably would have gone for this bundle.

Live and learn... and predict the future.

[quote name='dragonjud']Seriously Nintendo? When are we going to get nice colors, instead of these two vanilla offerings?[/QUOTE]

This.

I mean, come on, how about something along the lines of the Zelda 3DS from last year but in XL form?

I hope more than one store has this offer and can bundle a different game with it. I really can't be bothered with MK7.

[quote name='lilytrabbit']Random question why does the color matter? The only time you see the color is when the console is closed.[/QUOTE]
You can only see the colors of cars and houses when you're outside of them. You can only see the colors of your clothes when you look downwards, or at a mirror.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']You can only see the colors of cars and houses when you're outside of them. You can only see the colors of your clothes when you look downwards, or at a mirror.[/QUOTE]

Very true! Plus I want red anyway, LOL.

NOTE: Don't want MK7 though... meh!

When I got my XL, it had pretty noticeable yellow tint, but it went away after a bit of playtime. The only problem I have with the console is a few games look REALLY pixelated, otherwise, the XL is everything the 3DS should have been. It just feels perfect.

Anyone have experience with Nintendo's pre-installed software?

If I run a system transfer to move all my existing 3DS content to one of these new systems with a pre-installed game will it overwrite it or merge it into my existing content?

[quote name='Link2999']Feeling a bit foolish for paying $250 at launch now xD[/QUOTE]

But you got old games everyone (or nobody in some cases) played. :p

[quote name='RustyMune']I hope more than one store has this offer and can bundle a different game with it. I really can't be bothered with MK7.[/QUOTE]

How are you going to accomplish that when mario kart is preloaded?

[quote name='GBAstar']How are you going to accomplish that when mario kart is preloaded?[/QUOTE]

Using a unlicensed nuclear accelerator I assume.

[quote name='emperordahc']Saw that MK7 is a preload, it's not a cartridge. Errragghhh. :/[/QUOTE]

How does this work, then? If one does a system transfer do they lose it?

[quote name='steve_dave']How does this work, then? If one does a system transfer do they lose it?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

I didn't know so many people weren't interested in Mario Kart. It's easily one of the best 3DS games and possibly the best Mario Kart yet.

[quote name='maximumzero']I didn't know so many people weren't interested in Mario Kart. It's easily one of the best 3DS games and possibly the best Mario Kart yet.[/QUOTE]

Was pretty much the same with the ds lite, so not really surprising... If it wasn't for Mario Kart and Ouendan my DS probably would have never been used.

[quote name='HCHecxz']Is Mario Kart 7 a actual cart or is it pre-loaded on the XL?[/QUOTE]

Really? I dont normally call people lazy but my word its been said at least 10 times in the past 3 pages. Its like you opened this thread, closed your eyes, clicked on the last page and scrolled down till you couldnt see anything and posted your question. Sheesh.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']I'm still waiting for the 3DS XL with the inevitable 2nd analog stick. Bet it's going to be Nintendo's biggest announcement at next year's E3.[/QUOTE]

3DS Lite with a 2nd analog stick please.

Still holding out for one, since there's nothing out or coming out, that I want to play badly.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']I'm still waiting for the 3DS XL with the inevitable 2nd analog stick. Bet it's going to be Nintendo's biggest announcement at next year's E3.[/QUOTE]

Man Nintendo is waaaaaayyyy ahead of you.

3dsxlpro-1348144520.jpg

Grr I did a 3ds to 3ds xl system transfer, that seemed to wipe the 3ds xl clean and I lost the preinstalled Mario kart game? Did that happen to anyone else?

[quote name='perfectsil']Grr I did a 3ds to 3ds xl system transfer, that seemed to wipe the 3ds xl clean and I lost the preinstalled Mario kart game? Did that happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Multiple folks saying you go back into the downloads menu on the 3ds shop and it'll be there available for re-download. Try it out...

[quote name='mgford11']Multiple folks saying you go back into the downloads menu on the 3ds shop and it'll be there available for re-download. Try it out...[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if you can transfer the mario kart 7 to another 3ds?

[quote name='mgford11']Multiple folks saying you go back into the downloads menu on the 3ds shop and it'll be there available for re-download. Try it out...[/QUOTE]

Yup! It's there.

[quote name='RenoVatio']Anyone know if you can transfer the mario kart 7 to another 3ds?[/QUOTE]

I'm not even joking when I say a brilliant idea would be to get this package, transfer your stuff onto it, then transfer back with MK7 and then return it.

[quote name='Smashbro29']I'm not even joking when I say a brilliant idea would be to get this package, transfer your stuff onto it, then transfer back with MK7 and then return it.[/QUOTE]

Who gives refunds on open video games/consoles though?

[quote name='RenoVatio']Who gives refunds on open video games/consoles though?[/QUOTE]

Any place with a free warranty that lasts a week really.

ok it's there, thanks!

Picked up this bundle today. Transfer wiped Mario Kart, but it was on the eshop to download with everything else. It's already updated to 1.1.

Black continues to be the worst electronics color, but at least the finish doesn't leave fingerprints. The buttons feel much better all around, but the d-pad doesn't set right. It's always a little off centered, unlike the Vita. Still plays just fine.

Overall, I'm happy with it.

[quote name='RenoVatio']Who gives refunds on open video games/consoles though?[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you live, but most B&M stores around here give refunds on open consoles, just not on open video games. If it's a console/video game bundle, you're still likely to get a refund even if it's opened. The exception would be places like gamestop. Most other stores in my area allow them though.

Not saying it's a good idea to abuse return policies, but if you have a legit reason to return it, then you should be ok.

[quote name='trent82']I'm not sure about this "dimmer screens" argument. I know there was an issue with some people getting units that had a yellowish tint, but mine doesn't have that. I have had my launch 3DS and my XL sitting side by side and the screens look essentially the same in terms of brightness and color. I've never felt that there was anything wrong with the audio and the sacrifice in visual crispness is relatively minor and completely worth it in my opinion.

Are these problems from your own experiences with an XL?[/QUOTE]

the 3DS XL dfoes have dimmer screen...if you can't see that...well you just don't notice it but it's there. It personally annoys the crap out of me. Also, the speakers are much worse than the original, which is another deal breaker for me (the biggest reason)

TRU had this bundle today plus they have a red 3DS XL bundle that comes with Super Mario 3D Land instead. In case it hasn't been mentioned already.

The real question is... how do you transfer your data from a cartridge version to the digital? I suppose I could play through it all again... lol

[quote name='Octopod']TRU had this bundle today plus they have a red 3DS XL bundle that comes with Super Mario 3D Land instead. In case it hasn't been mentioned already.[/QUOTE]

That's just the regular 3DS, no XL.

Thanks OP! Swapped out the 3dsxl I bought for my daughter 2 weeks ago for this one at GameStop yesterday.

Btw, GameStop mentioned to me that they have a pink 3dsxl listed in the system that is supposed to be a available on 12/9. My guess is that this is the same system that has been exclusive to gilt.com for the last month or so. I thought about holding out since the ds is for my daughter but they could not tell me if there was a game packed in so I decided not to risk it

Stupid question here, but is MK7 available for ANY XL owners to dl or just the ones who had theirs wiped by Transfer? I already have it but it would be great to have it already available. My favorite MK btw.

Can the pre-loaded Mario Kart game be transferred to another XL? I'm guessing not since this is Nintendo, but I want the blue system and don't care about Mario Kart whereas my son wants the red one and loves Mario Kart.

bread's done
Back