Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

Here's hoping the level cap increase comes soon. I haven't hit it, but getting close caused me to lose interest in the game knowing I was going to hit it shortly.

[quote name='crowbb']Here's hoping the level cap increase comes soon. I haven't hit it, but getting close caused me to lose interest in the game knowing I was going to hit it shortly.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too. I haven't even touched the new DLC and I only did the main story missions on Torgue's DLC if I remember right because of it.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/993/borderlands-2-hot-fixes

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
01.29.13 - Chris Faylor
Today we're rolling out a series of hot fixes for Borderlands 2 on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3!

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
January 29, 2013
Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.
A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent -- they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2.

To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up. A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.

For the latest on hot fixes and updates to Borderlands 2, keep an eye on the respective Knowledge Base article for your platform: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3.

@DuvalMagic: 360: WJC3J-TXXSK-SSX3X-C6JJ3-3CJW5

Shift code for 5 golden keys. Posted yesterday evening but still working as of 5:00 am.

Shift code for 5 golden keys.

@DuvalMagic:
360: CTWJJ-95F95-HSFT6-5RTJT-T5ZFJ

@DuvalMagic: Redeem in game. One redemption per person, first several thousand redemptions will work. Should last at least a couple of hours...

No idea. I tried it about 10 times and it didn't work. Re-checked it 10 times too.

Garbage, but whatever. There will be other codes.

EDIT: Apparently, I wasn't the only one with the problem. Others reported having the exact same problem on twitter.

2K Publishing a Borderlands 2 Retail Add-On Pack

014465.jpg

Kind of weird that it only contains the first two campaign DLCs in addition to the non-campaign stuff. Is there going to be a "Add-On Pack Part 2" when all four are out? :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']2K Publishing a Borderlands 2 Retail Add-On Pack

014465.jpg

Kind of weird that it only contains the first two campaign DLCs in addition to the non-campaign stuff. Is there going to be a "Add-On Pack Part 2" when all four are out? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't get why they're doing this at all again, just going to cause confusion like it did w/Borderlands 1.

Just do a GotY Edition this fall for the people w/o broadband and/or the frugal/DLC haters.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I don't get why they're doing this at all again, just going to cause confusion like it did w/Borderlands 1.

Just do a GotY Edition this fall for the people w/o broadband and/or the frugal/DLC haters.[/QUOTE]
Right, that's what I was thinking as well. Kind of like when Rockstar came out with Episodes of Liberty City as an add-on yet that came out in the holiday season, (understandable for the timing there).

Sorry to ask this in here, but i couldnt find a borderlands 1 topic.

Im playing borderlands 1 and sometimes guns have a damage of 50 then it changes to something like x4. And it constantly goes back and forth between the two numbers. Does anyone know what that means?

Number of projectiles per shot.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Weapon Damage Multipliers

The base damage of a weapon is the amount of damage the target should take on each successful hit. Some weapons' item card Damage stat will show the base damage and a multiplier, represented by flashing yellow multiplier text (such as "x7") alternating with the damage number. If a multiplier is present, the weapon will fire the number of projectiles given by the modifier for each trigger squeeze. Take note that in some cases, certain features of the weapon will lead to the consumption of more than one unit of ammunition expended per shot fired.

The most common type of weapon to show damage multiplier stats are Shotguns, firing several pellets per shot (the number of pellets varies according to Shotgun type). Other weapon types can have a damage modifier, but in such cases these are special features rather than a typical feature of the weapon.

Comparing a single-shot Rocket Launcher to a Helix Rocket Launcher:

• A normal Rocket Launcher with 500 damage and a 3 round magazine. With every pull of the trigger, 1 rocket is fired and will do 500 damage to its target and 1 round of Launcher ammo will be used, its potential damage per magazine adds up to 1,500.

• A Helix Rocket Launcher with 200 damage with a x3 modifier, and a 3 round magazine. With every pull of the trigger, 3 micro-rockets will fire at the target in a spiraling pattern doing 200 damage per micro-rocket if the target is hit and 1 round of Launcher ammo will be used, its potential damage per magazine adds up to 1,800.

Thanks for the info. One of the things im still learning is what guns to keep and which ones to get rid of. I know the colors tell me how rare they are, but im not sure the color really means its a better gun.

Yeah, rarity doesn't tell the entire story. "Better" is totally subjective. It's all about the balance of stats that you prefer.

Also, you will ALWAYS find a "better" gun as you progress :)

I haven't played this game in forever because I get motion sickness after playing for like 30 minutes. Very few games do that to me...I don't even recall the first borderlands making me sick. Might have to trade it...it's a great game to.

[quote name='shotgunshine']I haven't played this game in forever because I get motion sickness after playing for like 30 minutes. Very few games do that to me...I don't even recall the first borderlands making me sick. Might have to trade it...it's a great game to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is the only game that has ever done that to me. I don't recall the first game having the same effect. Something about the head bob or maybe the field of vision changed some, but something is definitely off compared to other games.

Of course that's not gonna stop me from playing. My Gunnars tend to help.

[quote name='One From Zero']Yeah, rarity doesn't tell the entire story. "Better" is totally subjective. It's all about the balance of stats that you prefer.

Also, you will ALWAYS find a "better" gun as you progress :)[/QUOTE]

What I find difficult is parting with a gun/shield (that I've had for a while) because my character "outgrew" it. I think I spent half of my playing time going through inventory and comparing item stats. :lol:

I got motion sick with Fallout 3, but surprisingly, not Borderlands 2. I'm OK when playing, but if I'm watching someone else play, ugh.

[quote name='Corvin']Yeah, this is the only game that has ever done that to me. I don't recall the first game having the same effect. Something about the head bob or maybe the field of vision changed some, but something is definitely off compared to other games.

Of course that's not gonna stop me from playing. My Gunnars tend to help.[/QUOTE]

Well, at i'm glad to see i'm not the only one! I haven't played this game in months. I really like it but it isn't cool getting sick from it. I keep saying i'll go back to it and haven't. I might sell it now and wait until it is cheap and then get it.

Edit: In my lifetime, i've had maybe 2 or three games, that have given me motion sickness. It sucks that this game is one of them.

[quote name='parKer']What I find difficult is parting with a gun/shield (that I've had for a while) because my character "outgrew" it. I think I spent half of my playing time going through inventory and comparing item stats. :lol:
[/QUOTE]

:lol: I've thought the exact same thing many many times.

Thats the same thing i do in borderlands 1. Then when i get a capacity upgrade i think cool more room. Then i just end up getting that many more guns to compare and ponder over. Which really isnt a good thing.

yeah I learned to let go of guns that I don't use much even if they are good or like them because I would run around right on the inventory limit all the time and had to spend 15 minutes deciding what to drop when I found a better gun/shield/class mod

[quote name='crimsongrey06']that's what bank characters are for ;)[/QUOTE]

I had a mule, but then I stopped using it. Twinking takes up even more play time. Much easier for me to just get rid of equipment that goes unused or that will never be used by my main characters. The GearBox Software forums are full of equipment hoarders with bank characters. Just not my thing.

Since I want to keep the best legendary/pearl of each type I've also resorted to mules.

I will say there are nice side-benefits, though. A powerleveled mule with team ammo-regen or rare items is a great ally to have sitting in the basement while soloing Crawmerax! Almost makes up for having to play split screen :)

Yeah, my mule is now just a carrier for legendaries only. Also makes for an easier game/character save file that I back up onto a USB thumb drive. I power-leveled it and brought it along on boss fights so I could get more eridium to buy storage space from Crazy Earl lol.

Borderlands 2 was awarded Action Game of the Year at the D.I.C.E. Awards -- this calls for some SHiFT codes to celebrate!

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3CBT-RC3XW-9WF33-BTJ3T-SB99J
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3CTB-XK695-33Z3R-W6BTB-XJC36
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 53WBJ-T6Z5B-WWWCJ-HBKBB-THTR6

These codes will be active through February 10. Be sure to redeem them before then!
Might plop that game in the system over the weekend.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Tried the xbox 360 code and it says, please enter valid code.[/QUOTE]

Must be entered in-game from SHiFT menu.

Worked fine for me. That's like 90+ keys I've redeemed so far. :lol:

I don't even know when I'll get to use them since I've already got all level 50 orange stuff. Whenever they finally raise the level cap or add a new class I guess.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Worked fine for me. That's like 90+ keys I've redeemed so far. :lol:

I don't even know when I'll get to use them since I've already got all level 50 orange stuff. Whenever they finally raise the level cap or add a new class I guess.[/QUOTE]

Well according to Pitchford raising the level class could actually blow your Xbox up. Seems like BS talk to me.

GamesBeat: Especially with my Commando, there’s all these skill tree combinations that I want to do that I just need a few more skill points to get to.

Pitchford: That’s by design. Some of those things start to become game-breaking. This has actually created a huge problem for us. We designed the skills really well this time, but we did, for better or for worse, make a lot of the decisions with the knowledge that there will be no more skill points available to put into any trees after you reach level 50. We knew the impossible configurations. Some of the design exploits that. Some of the impossible configurations, if they were possible, would break the game. Sometimes very literally. “Oh, that’s gonna blow memory. Your Xbox will crash.”

Pitchford says a lot of stuff. :D

On the one hand, I prefer a guy like him (or Molyneux) who speaks his mind, to a developer who just clams up or only repeats the approved talking points. On the other hand, a lot of what he says turns out to be BS. :lol:

Feels like the result of many "Just get it done and we'll worry about it later" decisions coming back to haunt them.

I guess they could raise the cap and resort to blacklisting certain skill combos that they feel "break the game" or exceed hardware limits. Yuck.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Pitchford says a lot of stuff. :D

On the one hand, I prefer a guy like him (or Molyneux) who speaks his mind, to a developer who just clams up or only repeats the approved talking points. On the other hand, a lot of what he says turns out to be BS. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have a love hate relationship with Pitchford. I like his accessibility as a fan but he really can be a flake sometimes.

If the game was honestly designed with a hard (skill) cap of 50 in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see this. If I can't continue to grow my character (skills), at least I can continue to grow my gear.

Once I redeem this code I will have 9 keys and am at level 41. Should I just hold off on using any of them? Need to start the 2nd play through and have a bunch of level 38 stuff thanks to Hammerlock DLC & a friend, and have a pre-patch level 48 Bee Shield in my bank from said friend.

[quote name='One From Zero']If the game was honestly designed with a hard (skill) cap of 50 in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see this. If I can't continue to grow my character (skills), at least I can continue to grow my gear.[/QUOTE]
Borderlands 1 was too, but after a certain point they just said F it and let people create ridiculously overpowered characters. They will this time too, eventually. I don't believe the thing about "crashing your Xbox" for a second.

Lol blow up like everyone flooding back into Borderlands 2. Not that everyone still has the game but it sold extremely well so if at least half of those people all come back and at once I could see things getting bloody. ;)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Once I redeem this code I will have 9 keys and am at level 41. Should I just hold off on using any of them? Need to start the 2nd play through and have a bunch of level 38 stuff thanks to Hammerlock DLC & a friend, and have a pre-patch level 48 Bee Shield in my bank from said friend.[/QUOTE]

Is that on a TVHM play through? If so I wouldn't worry too much about saving keys.

You get nothing higher than purples out of the golden chest, and by the time your at or near 50 you'll be wanting the oranges anyway. So better to get some good purple stuff that can help you hit 50 than save them up until 50.

Plus they give our key codes so often you'll be able to get more later on anyway.

bread's done
Back