Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

I still liked the Pirates DLC the best. More exploration and a bit of a story.

Torque DLC had the funniest dialogue though for sure. The last one was pretty bland.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Is that on a TVHM play through? If so I wouldn't worry too much about saving keys.

You get nothing higher than purples out of the golden chest, and by the time your at or near 50 you'll be wanting the oranges anyway. So better to get some good purple stuff that can help you hit 50 than save them up until 50.

Plus they give our key codes so often you'll be able to get more later on anyway.[/QUOTE]

I haven't touched TVHM yet. That's from playthrough 1 story and DLC, no xp boosting of any sort.

Once you start playthrough 2, you will quickly find that your gear from playthrough 1 is underpowered. Level 38 stuff won't keep you happy for long. Some of the best gear will come from playthrough 2.5, when every unique reward from side missions is scaled to level 50.

Yeah, if you plan on doing a TVHM playthrough, then save some keys for that as you get much more powerful weapons in that mode. You'll right away start finding even some white weapons better than purple ones from the regular mode playthrough.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I still liked the Pirates DLC the best. More exploration and a bit of a story.

Torque DLC had the funniest dialogue though for sure. The last one was pretty bland.[/QUOTE]

Just finished Torgue (well aside from the stupid lvl 50 missions)* the other day. Scarlett was completely forgettable, while Torgue was trying too hard to be over-the-top. I did like it better though since it was more compact and action packed. Both fail at giving out enough DLC specific money to buy anything. Don't have a single drop of whatever currency buys shit in Scarlett, and only saved enough in Torgue to afford a head skin.

*what the fuck is up with all these raid bosses and lvl 50 missions? That's just a big eff you to single player fans. I'm only up to level 43 (through Torgue on P1) and gone up to Tiny Tina on P2. It's ridiculous that I have to wait so friggin' long to do those missions, or rely on other people to do do them.

I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of people ready for the late game. Although I've never been a bit raid boss guy, once you hit level 50 there's not much other than collecting better gear.

10dbfgx.png

It's amazing to see the uproar that single venturebeat interview caused. I guess all of his complaining about the difficulties involved in providing a cap increase led people to believe it wouldn't happen. Total red herring, IMO. The real question is how it will happen.

[quote name='Corvin']Just finished Torgue (well aside from the stupid lvl 50 missions)* the other day. Scarlett was completely forgettable, while Torgue was trying too hard to be over-the-top. I did like it better though since it was more compact and action packed. Both fail at giving out enough DLC specific money to buy anything. Don't have a single drop of whatever currency buys shit in Scarlett, and only saved enough in Torgue to afford a head skin.

*what the fuck is up with all these raid bosses and lvl 50 missions? That's just a big eff you to single player fans. I'm only up to level 43 (through Torgue on P1) and gone up to Tiny Tina on P2. It's ridiculous that I have to wait so friggin' long to do those missions, or rely on other people to do do them.[/QUOTE]

The Seraph crystals are dropped from any of the raid bosses.

[quote name='Corvin']
*what the fuck is up with all these raid bosses and lvl 50 missions? That's just a big eff you to single player fans. I'm only up to level 43 (through Torgue on P1) and gone up to Tiny Tina on P2. It's ridiculous that I have to wait so friggin' long to do those missions, or rely on other people to do do them.[/QUOTE]

It's better off to do the DLC on the TVHM play through. More experience and better loot drops to level up and power up more to get ready to do those if you want.

I don't mind them. I haven't bothered with them yet as I'm not big on boss raids, but it is a game that's designed around co-op so I have no problem with them taking on some content that's really just for serious co-op players. I've got like 80 hours in the game (with at least one more DLC to come) with a mix of single player and co-op (mostly co-op with one friend), so I've more than gotten my money's worth. :D

Just saw this on Amazon Video Games Facebook post, trolling?
Amazon Video Games
Are you Capped Out on Borderlands 2? Trade it in for an Amazon Gift Card and grab a new game. What game would you put your GC toward?

New hot fixes rolled out yesterday:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1004/borderlands-2-hot-fixes--2-12

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
February 12, 2013

• Mechromancer's Prodigy class mod now correctly increases reload speed.
  • Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.
  • Sir Hammerlock DLC: Arizona no longer refuses to spawn if players are too far away.
A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent -- they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2.

To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up. A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.

I need help.

I just started the Hammerlock DLC today and I'm stuck. I'm in scylla's grove. I cannot for the life of me find out how to power up the lift that goes up to the Fast Travel station.

Any ideas?

Happy Loverpalooza -- don't miss the special celebratory SHiFT codes below!

For years, Moxxi has delighted and excited Pandora's denizens with her theatrical style, pithy innuendos, and a seemingly endless supply of exes. But when it comes time to give out anniversary gifts and every single day marks a possible anniversary with someone, what's a poor girl to do?

Simple -- the Loverpalooza! Today, everyone gets to be one of Miss Moxxi's honorary exes. And Moxxi treats her exes well (apart from the ones she kills, of course) -- on Loverpalooza Day, she bestows eligible Pandoran men and women with free stuff!

To receive your gifts from Miss Moxxi, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
Xbox 360 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

These codes will be active through February 17, 2013 -- be sure to use them before them!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Watch twitter for a shift code from moxie today. Have a hunch it may be skins like on Halloween.[/QUOTE]

You called it. You the mutha f@#k'n man!

Yeah the shotty is the reason I'm going to fire up BL2 today - I mean skins are cool but I like that they are giving away a weapon with a code - I'd like to see more of that.

I finished up Mister Torque's DLC. I enjoyed it a lot more than Captain Scarlett's. That is not to say that Pirate's Booty was bad, I just had a lot more fun playing through Mister Torque's. I need to wrap up a few of the side missions that I skipped (my husband is a skag, the stage 2s, etc). I'm probably gonna download the third DLC this week and try to knock it out before Metal Gear Rising next week.

Loverpalooza Shift Codes (Skins + Shotgun)

PC/Mac: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
X360: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PS3: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

Shift codes from V-Day app on facebook:

PC/MAC: WTC3B-Z5ZWC-HW6JT-JJJBJ-9FWXR
X360: W35BB-SC5S5-3JSBF-C63JT-TFHKC
PS3: C3WJ3-56FKB-W5WCB-SBKBJ-9R5KC

Older (but still active) codes can be found here:
Borderlands 2: Golden Key

Ok so i bought borderlands 2 and have a couple of questons.

Is the season pass worth it? I think 3 of the 4 DLCs are already out.

Is the Mechromancer pack worth it? I read she is the best character, but 10 bucks for a character???

Thanks!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ok so i bought borderlands 2 and have a couple of questons.

Is the season pass worth it? I think 3 of the 4 DLCs are already out.

Is the Mechromancer pack worth it? I read she is the best character, but 10 bucks for a character???

Thanks![/QUOTE]
I would wait on both decisions until you've finished the game (or even the second playthrough) with at least one of the base classes. You can definitely have a ton of fun with the game without buying any of the DLC, so there's no rush.

You missed both season pass and mechro on sale the dlc is alright. The best DLC so far has been torgue/torque?.

And yes mechro is the best character in the game if you play solo and coolest all around IMO IIRC TBH

Well i dont know if i would play it through twice. I didnt play borderlands 1 on a second playthrough, just because to my knowledge it would be the same thing just tougher enemies. Which doesnt really appeal to me. There were some areas in that game i hated to go into, just because enemies always respawn and you have to kill them over and over no matter how many times you clear the area out.

Play the main game and wait and see if there's another sale on the DLC between now and beating the game. If not, you can see if you still want to play more when done and whether to get the pass.

I've liked all the DLCs and think it's worth it, but you may be burnt out when finished and not want them or still want to wait on a sale.

And yep, the 2nd playthrough is just tougher enemies balanced out by much better loot--so it's really not a ton harder once you get some good gear and keep finding stuff as you level.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Play the main game and wait and see if there's another sale on the DLC between now and beating the game. If not, you can see if you still want to play more when done and whether to get the pass.[/QUOTE]

And when they inevitably raise the level cap, you'll get more playtime out that too.

Or do the second playthrough co-op. Even though you are doing the same stuff, it still seems pretty fresh with a buddy or two at your side.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well i dont know if i would play it through twice. I didnt play borderlands 1 on a second playthrough, just because to my knowledge it would be the same thing just tougher enemies. Which doesnt really appeal to me. There were some areas in that game i hated to go into, just because enemies always respawn and you have to kill them over and over no matter how many times you clear the area out.[/QUOTE]

You want to go through the game again so you can get to Level 50 and be able to take down the 7 raid bosses (1 from main game, 2 in each DLC) with others. If you do all the quests except the raid bosses/LVL 3 Torque arenas in the main game plus all 3 DLC's in playthrough 1 you'll be about Level 41 to start playthrough 2 (known as True Vault Hunter Mode or TVHM.)

The Mechromancer was free with preorder but $10 separately but I would rank her as one of the top 3 characters depending on your stance on Commando and Siren. Like others said she was on sale a couple of weeks ago.

Concentrate on getting a character to 50 first though. Beware on playthrough 1 Scarlett and Mr. Torque top out all the enemies/quests at Level 33, while enemies can get to Level 38 or 39 on Sir Hammerlock.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You want to go through the game again so you can get to Level 50 and be able to take down the 7 raid bosses (1 from main game, 2 in each DLC) with others. If you do all the quests except the raid bosses/LVL 3 Torque arenas in the main game plus all 3 DLC's in playthrough 1 you'll be about Level 41 to start playthrough 2 (known as True Vault Hunter Mode or TVHM.)

The Mechromancer was free with preorder but $10 separately but I would rank her as one of the top 3 characters depending on your stance on Commando and Siren. Like others said she was on sale a couple of weeks ago.

Concentrate on getting a character to 50 first though. Beware on playthrough 1 Scarlett and Mr. Torque top out all the enemies/quests at Level 33, while enemies can get to Level 38 or 39 on Sir Hammerlock.[/QUOTE]

Raid bosses are now lower level on playthrough 1. Level 30 or 35 I believe.

When did they change that? All my raid bosses are still 50 on P1. I guess mine are stuck since they were already "activated?"

I'm still not a 50 so they're just sitting in my quest log.

[quote name='Corvin']When did they change that? All my raid bosses are still 50 on P1. I guess mine are stuck since they were already "activated?"

I'm still not a 50 so they're just sitting in my quest log.[/QUOTE]i don't think so,
I was able to go back and beat master gee with that patch. He was 50 for me (pt1), when I just went back the other day and tried again he was a 32. So much easier!

I want to say some time in December. I had activated one and was waiting to hit 50 to do it (master gee I believe) then when I went to do it the quest changed and he was level 30 something. Teramorphous was still level 50 though but all the dlc raid bosses seem to be lowered on playthrough 1.

[quote name='Leaptrade']
Or do the second playthrough co-op. Even though you are doing the same stuff, it still seems pretty fresh with a buddy or two at your side.[/QUOTE]

This or you can run around with other people online too.

[quote name='The 7th Number']There were some areas in that game i hated to go into, just because enemies always respawn and you have to kill them over and over no matter how many times you clear the area out.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the shock crystal harvest in the Lost Cave. That mission was the bane of my existence.

Also, as posted earlier, consider the retail add-on pack for possible savings:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']2K Publishing a Borderlands 2 Retail Add-On Pack

014465.jpg

Kind of weird that it only contains the first two campaign DLCs in addition to the non-campaign stuff. Is there going to be a "Add-On Pack Part 2" when all four are out? :lol:[/QUOTE]

So i installed the game, redeemed all these shift codes, and now im sitting here trying to decide which character to be lol. I was Lilith in the first game. Not sure if i should be a siren again. Zero seems cool but i dont really like sniping. The commando guy seems like the turrets would come in handy, but he seems a little boring. The Gunzerker seems pretty badass, but i read it really depends on which guns you find to utilize his duel wielding skills to the max. Any ideas?

I think my play style is stealth, i trying to shoot first before they see me. Used a lot of elemental guns in borderlands 1. Mainly pistols, repeaters, and sometimes SMG.

bread's done
Back