Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='matto1233']I played a lot of Borderlands 1, but never the DLC. Since I'm still yet to do a PT with the soldier, I ordered the GOTY edition (it's significantly cheaper than actually buying all the DLC). For those who played all of them, in which order should I play the DLC? When should I play them?[/QUOTE]
Probably best to do them in the order they were released. Claptrap's New Robot Revolution should definitely be the very last thing you do, since it has some cameos by characters from the main story and the other DLCs.

Mad Moxxie's Underdome riot is probably the only thing I would skip, it doesn't really have must storyline that you could read from the flavor text blurb. I'd say if you have some hours to kill and need a few extra skill points do the short missions, otherwise it would take some coordinate boosting to do the long challenges...and even 1 of them takes about 3-4 hours.

Yeah, I actually thought Moxxi was fun, but Gearbox miscalculated making the big tournaments that long. 3-4 hours is a tough time commitment even for an avid gamer. On the other hand, like completing all 50 waves of Horde, it's pretty satisfying when you finish.

[quote name='matto1233']I played a lot of Borderlands 1, but never the DLC. Since I'm still yet to do a PT with the soldier, I ordered the GOTY edition (it's significantly cheaper than actually buying all the DLC). For those who played all of them, in which order should I play the DLC? When should I play them?[/QUOTE]

If I could do it over again, I would definitely play them in order (excluding Underdome). I played New Revolution before Secret Armory and the discontinuity was obvious.

[quote name='elessar123']We played them in order. We beat the main game, then played zombies (which was unfortunately too easy, due to being too high leveled). Played Knoxx and farmed it for awhile, then played the last one, which was too easy as well being too high leveled.[/QUOTE]

This was my experience as well (DLC enjoyability suffering because my character was too overleveled).

Not being familiar with the enemy scaling in BL, I started DLC PT1 with a character that just finished PT2 of the main game. I was levelled so far above most enemies that it was not even a challenge until I met a certain giant crab.

Appreciate reading the DLC posts, I still have mine to play through as well. Bought the GOTY edition on Black Friday and am only level 23ish with a chunk of the main story to finish as well (curse you ME3 and Skyrim) if anybody wants to add me for co-op GT is Cydoniac.

Couldn't find an original borderlands thread so decided to ask here. In the first one early on you jump a bridge and then open up a gate. This passage makes it so you don't have to jump the bridge to get out of the initial area. The map says there is a job board there but I can't seem to find it. Any help?

[quote name='advanced']From the gate, head straight. There should be a guy there who gives you jobs and a new area in that corner of the map.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Im past that part. I thought there was a job board like the initial one where you get quests.

[quote name='schuerm26']Oh. Im past that part. I thought there was a job board like the initial one where you get quests.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure its just the guy in that area. I think each "section" (Arid Badlands, New Haven, etc) only have one job board from what I've seen

[quote name='schuerm26']Couldn't find an original borderlands thread so decided to ask here. In the first one early on you jump a bridge and then open up a gate. This passage makes it so you don't have to jump the bridge to get out of the initial area. The map says there is a job board there but I can't seem to find it. Any help?[/QUOTE]

Nice find. Never noticed that before.

There is a bounty board icon on the map (where you open that gate), but no actual bounty board there. The only bounty board in the Arid Badlands is the one by Dr. Zed (Fyrestone). Like others said, the NPCs will dish out additional missions (Shep, etc)...

Finally got around starting my Roland PT on PC (Lilith and Brick on 360, and Mordecai and Roland on PC), and man, he is by far the worst character in the game. The turret is practically useless in all boss fights.

[quote name='GhostShark']Finally got around starting my Roland PT on PC (Lilith and Brick on 360, and Mordecai and Roland on PC), and man, he is by far the worst character in the game. The turret is practically useless in all boss fights.[/QUOTE]

Seems like they beefed it up for B2 though. The new soldier looks pretty hoss.

[quote name='GhostShark']Finally got around starting my Roland PT on PC (Lilith and Brick on 360, and Mordecai and Roland on PC), and man, he is by far the worst character in the game. The turret is practically useless in all boss fights.[/QUOTE]

You must be doing something wrong. Soldier was IMO the absolute easiest class to play the game with. He becomes way too overpowered in practically no time. If you upgrade the turret tree you wont even have to use your weapon half the time. Add on that you can get an ammo regen mod (for all weapons, not specific types like the other characters get), and get the skill that regenerates grenades every time you kill something he's practically invincible.

My friend and I played through the whole game and all DLC, 2PT with 2 max level soldiers and it was basically like god mode, even on the higher challenges for Moxxi. Between infinite ammo and the skill that lets you shoot each other to heal, it was just a cake walk.

Not sure how far you are, but swapping out the stone on the turret is important depending on what kind of enemies you're fighting. I hate shock weapons, so I generally kept shock on the turret to kill shields on things, but poison is also really effective.

Bonus DLC skins for the special editions:

m9MDa.jpg

Lol add in trying to get a friend, who might not know how to play as well as you, (the one who owns the game), to enjoy and revel in the Borderlands' goodness and people get upset. ...

At least it's better than what Nintendo did by just letting someone collect stars while the other runs around as Mario in Mario Galaxy.

I'm still looking for 3 others to play the campaign with when the game comes out. I have over 200 hours logged in the original, so I know what I'm doing. We would be doing everything, main story, all side missions. All loot will be shared with the team. If this sounds good to you add me on ps3. Screen name is razrvamp. If you even want to run through 1 while we wait for 2 I'm up for it

my body is ready
if i didnt live with my gf i dont think she would see/hear from me for the first week this is out
plus fifa 13 comes out the next week.. my whole month of september is shut down after the 18th

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Couple new preview articles at Eurogamer:

Why Gearbox created a Borderlands 2 boss so tough it's nearly Invincible[/QUOTE]

Nasty-awesome.

Speaking as someone thoroughly hooked on farming Crawmerax, he would certainly be less vincible if not for a few semi-protected camping spots on the map and a glitch that makes him and his buddies stand in place.

With that said, even a straight-up fight sounds like childs-play compared to this new boss.

ESRB rating

This is a first-person shooter in which players join rebel forces to take down an oppressive corporation on the fictional planet of Pandora. As players explore open-world environments, they complete missions to gain experience and increase their characters' skills/abilities. Players use machine guns, sniper rifles, flamethrowers, explosives, and weaponized vehicles to kill human-like characters and hostile aliens in frequent combat. Firefights contain realistic gunfire/explosions; injured enemies scream and emit exaggerated splashes of blood. Various weapons result in dismembered limbs or bloody gibs. Some missions depict intense acts of violence: viewing characters getting electrocuted; shooting a man in the face; killing players' incinerating a cult member as part of a ritual sacrifice. The dialogue contains jokes/one-liners that reference sexual material (e.g., "I will hang myself from my own tombstone if in you I can't put my bone," "If there's anything they love more than getting to second base with their sisters, it's cars," "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."); during some sequences, players can find and collect adult-themed magazines-though no actual nudity is depicted. One mission requires players to consume three alcoholic beverages from a bar before they can progress. The words "sh*t," "p*ssies," and "a*shole" can be heard in the dialogue, in addition to language censored by audible bleeps (e.g., "God-[bleep]-ing-dammit").

[quote name='100xp']errrr....holy joy puke.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/16/borderlands-2-bundled-with-geforce-gtx-660-ti-nvidias-cheapest/

I may have to get this for the pc including this graphics card...my 4 y/o gaming tower is due for a complete overhaul. the difference between w/and w/out is easily 1000% more wub wub.[/QUOTE]

I just upgraded my PC, bought a GTX670 and got a free Borderlands 2 voucher! I bought it the day before newegg started offering the voucher and had them honor it the next day so I'm pretty excited about it. Definitely a good deal if you're already looking at upgrading to an even beefier card.

[quote name='hustletron']I just upgraded my PC, bought a GTX670 and got a free Borderlands 2 voucher! I bought it the day before newegg started offering the voucher and had them honor it the next day so I'm pretty excited about it. Definitely a good deal if you're already looking at upgrading to an even beefier card.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the 670 only marginally better than a 660?

I think I'm probably gonna get it on Steam... I own the first BL on 360 and PC, but mostly play it on PC. I'm so stoked for it tho!

So I just found out that Amazon doesn't offer $0.99 (or free) release date delivery anymore..

Is there any alternative for cheap/free release-day delivery, that also has the vault hunter pre-order bonus? I can always go to Gamestop (very reluctantly), but I prefer to get it in the mail... I see Best Buy has it with the bonus, though no word of it on the website.. Same with Wal-mart, which also has a $10 bonus, but no mention of pre-order bonus.

[quote name='Rhett']So I just found out that Amazon doesn't offer $0.99 (or free) release date delivery anymore..

Is there any alternative for cheap/free release-day delivery, that also has the vault hunter pre-order bonus? I can always go to Gamestop (very reluctantly), but I prefer to get it in the mail... I see Best Buy has it with the bonus, though no word of it on the website.. Same with Wal-mart, which also has a $10 bonus, but no mention of pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]

I thought BB had the vault-hunter bonus too, along with the $20 promo if you're Unlocked probably the best deal at release

[quote name='GamerDude316']I thought BB had the vault-hunter bonus too, along with the $20 promo if you're Unlocked probably the best deal at release[/QUOTE]

They do, but they don't advertise it. I just want some cheap release-day delivery action here...

Does every single copy from the initial batch have the preorder bonus? That's how it seems, but there's barely any info. Wondering if it's like Bulletstorm and the 'Epic Edition'.

[quote name='Tony Stark']I am excited for my bobblehead...

I only wish it was Claptrap to compare with Vault Boy from Fallout[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

[quote name='koalak']Have you seen the list of voice actors?

Lots of cast from people who gave their voice to major anime series, which I think is pretty cool[/QUOTE]
Wow. You wouldn't think it would be possible for a 2012 video game to NOT have Nolan North, Jennifer Hale, Steve Blum, or Troy Baker in it. :lol:

[quote name='Rhett']So I just found out that Amazon doesn't offer $0.99 (or free) release date delivery anymore..
/QUOTE]
I'm bummed out by this as well.

'Borderlands 2 Season Pass' announced, all four DLC packs for $30
Borderlands 2 will have at least four downloadable content expansions by next summer. 2K Games announced a $30 season pass this morning, available at launch, which will make the four pieces of $10 DLC accessible for the price of three. The season pass is available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Pass holders will be able to download the new content as it goes live, with all four "scheduled to be available by June 2013." Borderlands 2 – and the Season Pass – will cooperatively roll into retail September 18.
With Gearbox's track record with DLC from the original, this is extremely tempting (albeit having an inevitable future GotY edition). :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back