Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
The artbook and map are very cool and nice. The case/loot chest seems kind of shabby IMO
I couldn't care less about character skins....it sold in 10 minutes on ebay for $23.
:)

I'll never understand that.

[quote name='barrit']I doubt it. The only difference is the care package comes with the toy, and the other doesn't.

Borderlands 2 ULC had the chest, steelbook, field notes, and whatever else that was not in the Vault Hunter's edition.[/QUOTE]

And if you just want the toy, you could probably hold out for a better one. Although I haven't seen any of those style toys for decent prices lately, but haven't look hard anyways

[quote name='6er']The artbook and map are very cool and nice. The case/loot chest seems kind of shabby IMO
I couldn't care less about character skins....it sold in 10 minutes on ebay for $23.
:)

I'll never understand that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I put my code in and immediately regretted it. The "grenade" is worthless because it just turns your grenades into fireworks.... and the skins have already been replaced.... :( I should have just sold it and got some more money back.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont think I'm screwed. I went here and had to describe the issue, give my address, and a pic of my receipt. I should be able to keep it sealed I hope. Obviously without the bobblehead inside though which I guess was your point and yeah that does suck.
[/QUOTE]

You'll have to open it. Unless you have a friend that got the same edition, there's no way around it. Here's a response I got from 2K for my Xbox 360 that weighed at 5 lbs 6 oz:

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. We're sorry to hear that you didn't receive all of your items in the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest edition. We'll be happy to get that resolved for you, but we'll need some information first.
1) Photo of your entire receipt for the game (from top to bottom) with your email hand written on the receipt, preferably not covering any relevant information.
2) Photo of the Loot Chest with contents, accompanied by your email address in the photo.
3) Your full name and mailing address.
Once we have this information, we will get you set up with a resolution for your issue.

Signed,
The idiots at 2K

[quote name='Slowdance']While the care package box is cool, every COD with the toy extras has been available for years after release.[/QUOTE]

False.

[quote name='Woocls']This was my fear too... I imagine there will be more than enough of these. Just like all the others but they packaged this one a little better and made it *feel* more exclusive. However, the toy is probably easily mass produced and more will probably be made right after release too. I sorta feel like if I could have made money off this it would have already been sold out and thus asking that question now would be too late anyway.[/QUOTE]

Name one COD CE that was reprinted after release or an extra (i.e. Goggles, RC-XD) that was sold seperately or reproduced.

[quote name='Donut2922']You'll have to open it. Unless you have a friend that got the same edition, there's no way around it. Here's a response I got from 2K for my Xbox 360 that weighed at 5 lbs 6 oz:

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. We're sorry to hear that you didn't receive all of your items in the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest edition. We'll be happy to get that resolved for you, but we'll need some information first.
1) Photo of your entire receipt for the game (from top to bottom) with your email hand written on the receipt, preferably not covering any relevant information.
2) Photo of the Loot Chest with contents, accompanied by your email address in the photo.
3) Your full name and mailing address.
Once we have this information, we will get you set up with a resolution for your issue.

Signed,
The idiots at 2K
[/QUOTE]
Jesus christ. Figures.

[quote name='GBAstar']False.

[/QUOTE]

Lol, what? Even in major cities you could easily find a BO CE for years. Some people got discounted MW2 CE's last november...

There is a target right outside SF that still has 2 BO CEs that they won't drop below $120. You're kidding yourself if you think that thing will be worth anything over MSRP.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice, got an email from JR.com and they gave me a premiere club code for preordering. So check your email if you ordered from them.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if it was mentioned yet or not but I got a premiere club code email from my Fry's order as well.

[quote name='GBAstar']False.

Name one COD CE that was reprinted after release or an extra (i.e. Goggles, RC-XD) that was sold seperately or reproduced.[/QUOTE]
Well, if not reprinted then obviously they just didn't sell well because they're still all over the place... World at War CE: Amazon, BO CE: Amazon

[quote name='Woocls']Well, if not reprinted then obviously they just didn't sell well because they're still all over the place... World at War CE: Amazon, BO CE: Amazon[/QUOTE]

not sure if serious...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Jesus christ. Figures.[/QUOTE]
The dumbest part about that is that if someone was going to try and screw them out of an extra bobblehead, they would simply make sure that it wasn't in the picture they sent. Making you photograph the contents of the box accomplishes nothing from a loss prevention perspective.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The dumbest part about that is that if someone was going to try and screw them out of an extra bobblehead, they would simply make sure that it wasn't in the picture they sent. Making you photograph the contents of the box accomplishes nothing from a loss prevention perspective.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how this happens. If they make 50,000 CE's (ULCE DVHE) then they would need 50,000 bobble heads.

Obviously the people who are missing contents are going to be more vocal but even if 2% are missing the bobble head that is 1,000 bobbleheads unaccounted for. How the hell does that happen?

Did someone in production stash away thousands of bobble heads?

Have they made an official response/statement? I hate that they are making people jump through hoops. SEGA had it right when all you had to do was submit at ticket using the unique CE DLC in the AVP Hunter Edition. They (2K, Gearbox) should just have the buyer register by submitting the DLC code into the website.

[quote name='Mikocouch']not sure if serious...[/QUOTE]

It's a bad example for sure, but COD CEs do go on sale. They get real cheap even, if you get lucky. COD CE's become uncommon, while this loot chest I'd describe as Rare, if not like Super Rare.

Examples from CAG:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318900
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310788
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299472

So they do drop. But I couldn't find any price cuts that were like $99 or $79.99 or anything. So it's full price or hope you find a copy instore.

And I think his point was that they don't jump up in value like the B2 CE is doing and will most likely stay. At most they(COD CEs) stay at retail value, if not cheaper.

No we have idiots on this site that because they found a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy in a backwoods Kmart assume that it has widespread availability. I would be willing to be money that less then .5% of the Black Ops CE's are still available from reputable retailers (not 3rd party Amazon sellers or marketplace sellers on eBay or buy).

Also because Best Buy sold out of them and then found stock and sold them at a rediculous clearance price (which lasted only a matter of minutes to hours) doesn't mean it is a deal that can be replicated.

The problem with CAGs is they assume that the lowest price an item was sold for is the only price they should pay.

It is just stupid to sit and say they the WAW, MW2 or BO CE's are widely available. If that is the case please link to one real retailer (best buy, toys r us, kmart, sears, newegg, walmart, target) that shows inventory.

And if you're not able to get more then MSRP you either don't know what you're doing or you limit yourself to domestic transactions.

[quote name='GBAstar']No we have idiots on this site that because they found a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy in a backwoods Kmart assume that it has widespread availability. I would be willing to be money that less then .5% of the Black Ops CE's are still available from reputable retailers (not 3rd party Amazon sellers or marketplace sellers on eBay or buy).

Also because Best Buy sold out of them and then found stock and sold them at a rediculous clearance price (which lasted only a matter of minutes to hours) doesn't mean it is a deal that can be replicated.

The problem with CAGs is they assume that the lowest price an item was sold for is the only price they should pay.

It is just stupid to sit and say they the WAW, MW2 or BO CE's are widely available. If that is the case please link to one real retailer (best buy, toys r us, kmart, sears, newegg, walmart, target) that shows inventory.

And if you're not able to get more then MSRP you either don't know what you're doing or you limit yourself to domestic transactions.[/QUOTE]

The discussion started with somebody asking if the BO2 Care package might be worth as much as the ULC. Clearly that has been answered, not a chance it will be worth double its MSRP.

The mentions of clearances and things like that are simply to illustrate that these are items that have never typically sold out at MSRP. I mentioned a Target outside SF still having BO CEs because obviously if it was a sought after item, it wouldn't take over 2 years to sell them all. I'm pretty sure San Francisco isn't considered backwoods but maybe you know something I don't.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']It's a bad example for sure, but COD CEs do go on sale. They get real cheap even, if you get lucky. COD CE's become uncommon, while this loot chest I'd describe as Rare, if not like Super Rare.

Examples from CAG:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318900
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299472

So they do drop. But I couldn't find any price cuts that were like $99 or $79.99 or anything. So it's full price or hope you find a copy instore.

And I think his point was that they don't jump up in value like the B2 CE is doing and will most likely stay. At most they(COD CEs) stay at retail value, if not cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I just skimmed over that old thread I had posted about the Blops Prestige Edition. What a glorious day. Sadboy's "time to hoard this bad boy" post made me really laugh out loud just the way he was responding and all lol. Good times bud :D

[quote name='Slowdance']The discussion started with somebody asking if the BO2 Care package might be worth as much as the ULC. Clearly that has been answered, not a chance it will be worth double its MSRP.

The mentions of clearances and things like that are simply to illustrate that these are items that have never typically sold out at MSRP. I mentioned a Target outside SF still having BO CEs because obviously if it was a sought after item, it wouldn't take over 2 years to sell them all. I'm pretty sure San Francisco isn't considered backwoods but maybe you know something I don't.[/QUOTE]

So black ops has been out for over two years? :roll: I didn't realize it was already November...

I bet you that the call of duty franchise has sold more CE's then any current gen franchise.

And yes it won't go for double MSRP because it will have a much larger production run but I would not be surprised to see it sell for $250-$300 and perhaps more to international buyers.

The nice thing about these CE's is if you don't want to resell them for profit they are very very very easy to piece out so you end up with the game or the game and steelbook for free (or close to it) after unloading the DLC and other items.

[quote name='GBAstar']So black ops has been out for over two years? :roll: I didn't realize it was already November...

I bet you that the call of duty franchise has sold more CE's then any current gen franchise.

And yes it won't go for double MSRP because it will have a much larger production run but I would not be surprised to see it sell for $250-$300 and perhaps more to international buyers.

The nice thing about these CE's is if you don't want to resell them for profit they are very very very easy to piece out so you end up with the game or the game and steelbook for free (or close to it) after unloading the DLC and other items.[/QUOTE]

Lol, sorry I don't keep up with terrible franchises, but close enough. I realize you're here just to argue, but since you forgot what we were talking about, this is where the discussion started:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woocls
As someone who has no interest in BO2 do you guys think the Care Package version will be as rare/valuable as this was for flip purposes?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice, got an email from JR.com and they gave me a premiere club code for preordering. So check your email if you ordered from them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! If I didn't see your post, I never would have known. The email went to my SPAM folder.

I received my package from J&R today. I live in NY, but it still took 3 days. I used the free shipping option which was sent via UPS Surepost so had to wait for Post Office to sort and deliver.

Word of warning of packaging from J&R. Outer shipping carton that was used is the Take 2 brown carton, meaning that there was no cushion/bubble used. J&R used gray packing stretch wrap around the outer carton. Package arrived with all 4 corners crushed. All contents are intact. Only disappointment is disc was loose inside with multiple scratches. Seems to play fine for now.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Huge YMMV but I just got back from the Microsoft Store in my neck of the woods and they have 4 Ultimate Loot Chests just sitting in the back of their store. My friend who works there said they were told not to put them out and to only sell them if someone asks about them.

Check your local Microsoft Store people! Sadly I'm currently unemployed and couldn't justify spending that much money, no matter how badly I wanted it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Checking out the Microsoft Store didn't even cross my mind. So I called the South Coast Plaza store in Cali first thing yesterday morning and reserved the last 2 ULCEs for Xbox. What's better is that the total price came up to $290 after taxes. I thought it was a price error. But after checking the receipt, it was 10% off the total for some reason. Not complaining though! :whee: Now I need to make sure that the bobbleheads aren't missing. :pray:

So for those of you who have an MS store nearby, it might be worth it to take a look.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Thanks for the tip! Checking out the Microsoft Store didn't even cross my mind. So I called the South Coast Plaza store in Cali first thing yesterday morning and reserved the last 2 ULCEs for Xbox. What's better is that the total price came up to $290 after taxes. I thought it was a price error. But after checking the receipt, it was 10% off the total for some reason. Not complaining though! :whee: Now I need to make sure that the bobbleheads aren't missing. :pray:

So for those of you who have an MS store nearby, it might be worth it to take a look.[/QUOTE]

That exactly what my friend said who worked there. No one thinks to go to the Microsoft Store (they're not doing well).

I think you got the 10% off because they do 10% orders over $150 or something.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']That exactly what my friend said who worked there. No one thinks to go to the Microsoft Store (they're not doing well).

I think you got the 10% off because they do 10% orders over $150 or something.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I figured that I got the 10% off for spending at least over $100 or something. Anyways, I remember going to this MS store last year and seeing all of the games at MSRP or at least higher than other places and thought to myself that this would be the last place to buy games. But for something as limited and in demand as the ULCE, this store bailed me out!

Did anyone order a Loot edition from Best Buy and did you actually get your game? I pre-ordered mine and have been getting the run around since Tuesday that my copy either doesn't exist or has been sold to someone else.

I have talked to a store manager but they have been little to no help. I even talked to corporate and they can't even find the loot chest edition in the system.

latest update from the manager was to offer me a vault edition which is not what I paid for.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Yup, I figured that I got the 10% off for spending at least over $100 or something. Anyways, I remember going to this MS store last year and seeing all of the games at MSRP or at least higher than other places and thought to myself that this would be the last place to buy games. But for something as limited and in demand as the ULCE, this store bailed me out![/QUOTE]

95% of the time everything is MSRP and that blows, but they tend to have some pretty decent pre-order deals. Last year if you pre-ordered Gears 3, MW3, Halo Anniversary or Battlefield 3 you'd get 10 bucks off instantly plus a $20 giftcard if you came to the midnight release and a bonus $20 giftcard if you came to all 4 midnight releases.

TLDR: MS Store pre-orders are awesome, everything else blows.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Thanks for the tip! Checking out the Microsoft Store didn't even cross my mind. So I called the South Coast Plaza store in Cali first thing yesterday morning and reserved the last 2 ULCEs for Xbox. What's better is that the total price came up to $290 after taxes. I thought it was a price error. But after checking the receipt, it was 10% off the total for some reason. Not complaining though! :whee: Now I need to make sure that the bobbleheads aren't missing. :pray:

So for those of you who have an MS store nearby, it might be worth it to take a look.[/QUOTE]

It was you!!!! You bastard I tried calling south coast plaza all morning but there phone was off the hook or something I couldn't get a hold of them till noon or so. They said that a customer reserved 2 of them and that you had until 6 to pick it up. I called at 6 and they were still there so he put my name down for 1. Got a phone call a minute later stating that they were both sold. Fffffffuuuuuuu.

So, I ordered this from Frys and it shows fulfilled by them, but no tracking number. Is this normal?

EDIT: My XBOX 360 order came in this morning. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rainman']It was you!!!! You bastard I tried calling south coast plaza all morning but there phone was off the hook or something I couldn't get a hold of them till noon or so. They said that a customer reserved 2 of them and that you had until 6 to pick it up. I called at 6 and they were still there so he put my name down for 1. Got a phone call a minute later stating that they were both sold. Fffffffuuuuuuu.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! ;) I wish there were more left so you could've had one. The last 2 I got - one for me and one as a Xmas gift. I also called the store when they opened at 10 am. I also got the busy tone. I tried for the next half hour but couldn't get through. So I called the Mission Viejo store, asked about the ULCE (which was OOS) and told the rep to call the SCP store to tell them that I couldn't get through the phone. So when I called the SCP store a minute later, I finally got through. I think it was around 10:45 am. Anyways, I got to the store around 5:30 pm and left 10 minutes later. The inventory was probably not updated by the time you called at 6.

Cracked open my DVHE last night, man, that art book is next level.

On another note, I'm normaly indifferent about flipping/flippers, but shame on those who bought them and immediately gouged the prices through the roof. I saw an ad on Craig's List the day before the game came out asking $400. This wouldn't happen if people didn't buy them but some poor soul actually loves the game that much he'll allow himself to get suckered. Anyway...sweet art book though!

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Sorry! ;) I wish there were more left so you could've had one. The last 2 I got - one for me and one as a Xmas gift. I also called the store when they opened at 10 am. I also got the busy tone. I tried for the next half hour but couldn't get through. So I called the Mission Viejo store, asked about the ULCE (which was OOS) and told the rep to call the SCP store to tell them that I couldn't get through the phone. So when I called the SCP store a minute later, I finally got through. I think it was around 10:45 am. Anyways, I got to the store around 5:30 pm and left 10 minutes later. The inventory was probably not updated by the time you called at 6.[/QUOTE]

Eh it's ok. Seems like your going to keep them and not flip. Enjoy the loot chest fellow CAG.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Anyone who ordered from Frys missing bobble head or any other stuff?[/QUOTE]

Mine had everything included!

[quote name='Slowdance']Lol, sorry I don't keep up with terrible franchises, but close enough. I realize you're here just to argue, but since you forgot what we were talking about, this is where the discussion started:

[/I][/QUOTE]

If you don't keep up with terrible franchises then why are you in a borderlands thread?

Sorry had to say it, considering you are calling one of the best selling franchises of all time terrible. Yet you are in a thread about a game who's first iteration was repeatitive and overall very lackluster. I couldn't even finish the single player and got the zombie island dlc thru gamesharing and didn't even touch it. Even got BL for free from PS Plus and still haven't gone back to it. It just didn't draw me in and got boring after a few hours. Fallout NV is better on so many levels.

Is call of duty groundbreaking? Not so much anymore, but borderlands as a franchise doesn't hold a candle to COD. Borderlands hasn't done anything innovative or that hasn't been done better in the past. COD revitalized the FPS with COD 4 and every version since then has attempted to add new stuff.

Call me a fan boy but I'll take COD 4 over Borderlands 1/2 all day long. Thus this is why I will wait a few months and pick the loot chest up after the overhype dies down and is under 40 bones. Paying anything more than that is ridiculous. If it never reaches that price then oh well, Ill pick up the vanilla when it hits $10 to give it a whirl.

[quote name='loc0bob']If you don't keep up with terrible franchises then why are you in a borderlands thread?

Sorry had to say it, considering you are calling one of the best selling franchises of all time terrible. Yet you are in a thread about a game who's first iteration was repeatitive and overall very lackluster. I couldn't even finish the single player and got the zombie island dlc thru gamesharing and didn't even touch it. Even got BL for free from PS Plus and still haven't gone back to it. It just didn't draw me in and got boring after a few hours. Fallout NV is better on so many levels.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who has spent more than a few minutes with both games would realize that Fallout and Borderlands are totally different games and comparing them is pointless. They share a player perspective and they have a loosely similar post apocalyptic setting, aside from that they're totally different games.

[quote name='blindinglights']Anyone who has spent more than a few minutes with both games would realize that Fallout and Borderlands are totally different games and comparing them is pointless. They share a player perspective and they have a loosely similar post apocalyptic setting, aside from that they're totally different games.[/QUOTE]
Exactly

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Cracked open my DVHE last night, man, that art book is next level.

On another note, I'm normaly indifferent about flipping/flippers, but shame on those who bought them and immediately gouged the prices through the roof. I saw an ad on Craig's List the day before the game came out asking $400. This wouldn't happen if people didn't buy them but some poor soul actually loves the game that much he'll allow himself to get suckered. Anyway...sweet art book though![/QUOTE]

Yeah but now my personal copy is free...that's cheap ass gaming!

[quote name='loc0bob']If you don't keep up with terrible franchises then why are you in a borderlands thread?

Sorry had to say it, considering you are calling one of the best selling franchises of all time terrible. Yet you are in a thread about a game who's first iteration was repeatitive and overall very lackluster. I couldn't even finish the single player and got the zombie island dlc thru gamesharing and didn't even touch it. Even got BL for free from PS Plus and still haven't gone back to it. It just didn't draw me in and got boring after a few hours. Fallout NV is better on so many levels.

Is call of duty groundbreaking? Not so much anymore, but borderlands as a franchise doesn't hold a candle to COD. Borderlands hasn't done anything innovative or that hasn't been done better in the past. COD revitalized the FPS with COD 4 and every version since then has attempted to add new stuff.

Call me a fan boy but I'll take COD 4 over Borderlands 1/2 all day long. Thus this is why I will wait a few months and pick the loot chest up after the overhype dies down and is under 40 bones. Paying anything more than that is ridiculous. If it never reaches that price then oh well, Ill pick up the vanilla when it hits $10 to give it a whirl.[/QUOTE]

You want some carne asada fries

Call me a fan boy but I'll take COD 4 over Borderlands 1/2 all day long. Thus this is why I will wait a few months and pick the loot chest up after the overhype dies down and is under 40 bones. Paying anything more than that is ridiculous. If it never reaches that price then oh well, Ill pick up the vanilla when it hits $10 to give it a whirl.[/QUOTE]

Ehh, not everyone is into casual games that repeatedly pat you on the back for your handling of the autoaim. COD is for scrubs, end of story.

And good luck with that $40 loot chest, lol. We both know you'll never find one under $250. I'll sell you one for $300 if you interested though, I still have 2 for 360 :lol:.

This whole post is a joke right?

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']This whole post is a joke right?[/QUOTE]

this is why we have hundreds of standard cod type fps games because for some reason, a unique experience like Borderlands is considered lame and repetitive while a game that has fundamentally not changed in a decade is considered cream of the crop. Luckily we have great minds to strive to make gaming special instead of just going for the easy bucks all the time.

Thanks for the MS store recommendation. Was able to walk in and get the last two (one for my brother and I) with the 10% discount. Had no idea these were going to be so limited. Thanks again!

[quote name='HellMark']Thanks for the MS store recommendation. Was able to walk in and get the last two (one for my brother and I) with the 10% discount. Had no idea these were going to be so limited. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Which store?

How is CoD even in any discussion any more? The earth is round, people. What CoD does, it does very well, but it does nothing new. How then, is it continually brought up?

bread's done
Back