Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='barrit']They will work, but any codes need to be activated through that region's store. In this case, the UK PSN.

Once downloaded, you can just switch back to your US account.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks, not sure how that works but I'm pretty sure Google has the answer.

Keep an eye on your local Best Buy! Especially if it's the last hour before closing! Went in tonight to look for a Mass Effect 3 LE for cheap (no luck) but actually saw a BB employee look around, turn to his station cabinet (you know the ones at the game section), bend down, pull out a Borderlands 2 ULC for PC and place it on the counter! He looked around again, seems he got a call on his earpiece, then left his station.

I couldn't help it....I couldn't believe it....he left it there on the counter...and I snatched that puppy up! I proceeded to look around at the rest of the games with this monstrosity in my grubby hands. Five minutes later, employee comes back, looks a bit confused, says something to his earpiece, then starts walking around. He turns the corner, sees me in the PS3 section, looks at me holding the box, mutters something under his breath, turns back around and walks away. Two minutes later another BB employee turns the corner, looks at me, then turns around and walks away.

I get to the checkout, start to pay the cashier, and yet another BB employee hovers around me, then I audibly hear, "Yep, checking around but looks like he's gonna get it." I close out the sale...and promptly leave!

Damn...all that trouble for this ULC? Is it THAT hard to find? But it was kinda worth the hassle! I wanted the PC version to keep for my collection. Sorry to the BB employee that I think was going to try and buy it after his shift ended, but you got too impatient. Probably didn't help that today was a payday. I kinda wish you had waited 30 minutes before bringing it out of the cabinet so I wouldn't have had to shell out the money for it. But it's so cool!

Can't believe there was one in a retail store 3 weeks after release. Some ass clown probably returned it after he couldn't sell it for $300+. Poor Best Buy employee, but he shouldn't have A) Been hiding it and B) Brought it out so early. You should have walked by him on your way out and said "You mad bro?" :lol:

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Can't believe there was one in a retail store 3 weeks after release. Some ass clown probably returned it after he couldn't sell it for $300+. Poor Best Buy employee, but he shouldn't have A) Been hiding it and B) Brought it out so early. You should have walked by him on your way out and said "You mad bro?" :lol:[/QUOTE]

Bahahah...yeah I was thinking the same thing but in the end I think buying this right up from under him was bad enough. He was so close to getting his ULC!

[quote name='rexflexall']
Damn...all that trouble for this ULC? Is it THAT hard to find? But it was kinda worth the hassle! I wanted the PC version to keep for my collection. Sorry to the BB employee that I think was going to try and buy it after his shift ended, but you got too impatient.[/QUOTE]
That was cold-blooded...! But seriously, never leave a hot-ticket item you're buying unattended in a retail store, especially if you just leave it out in the open and expect people to leave it alone. Retail employees should know this better than anyone. Congrats on your ULC; it is that hard to find!

[quote name='rexflexall']Keep an eye on your local Best Buy! Especially if it's the last hour before closing! Went in tonight to look for a Mass Effect 3 LE for cheap (no luck) but actually saw a BB employee look around, turn to his station cabinet (you know the ones at the game section), bend down, pull out a Borderlands 2 ULC for PC and place it on the counter! He looked around again, seems he got a call on his earpiece, then left his station.

I couldn't help it....I couldn't believe it....he left it there on the counter...and I snatched that puppy up! I proceeded to look around at the rest of the games with this monstrosity in my grubby hands. Five minutes later, employee comes back, looks a bit confused, says something to his earpiece, then starts walking around. He turns the corner, sees me in the PS3 section, looks at me holding the box, mutters something under his breath, turns back around and walks away. Two minutes later another BB employee turns the corner, looks at me, then turns around and walks away.

I get to the checkout, start to pay the cashier, and yet another BB employee hovers around me, then I audibly hear, "Yep, checking around but looks like he's gonna get it." I close out the sale...and promptly leave!

Damn...all that trouble for this ULC? Is it THAT hard to find? But it was kinda worth the hassle! I wanted the PC version to keep for my collection. Sorry to the BB employee that I think was going to try and buy it after his shift ended, but you got too impatient. Probably didn't help that today was a payday. I kinda wish you had waited 30 minutes before bringing it out of the cabinet so I wouldn't have had to shell out the money for it. But it's so cool![/QUOTE]

I don't care if that is a limited edition or not, that was an ASSHOLE move!!

[quote name='Deman93']I don't care if that is a limited edition or not, that was an ASSHOLE move!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, just as bad as asshole employees hiding products so only they can buy them.

[quote name='blindinglights']Yeah, just as bad as asshole employees hiding products so only they can buy them.[/QUOTE]

Darwinism - survival of the fittest; it's a dog eat dog world out there.

[quote name='blindinglights']Yeah, just as bad as asshole employees hiding products so only they can buy them.[/QUOTE]

Customers do the same thing, especially on Target clearance items, haha.

Speaking of Target clearance I pulled out a AC guide that was hiding behind...well everything else. It was the ONLY good deal on anything there and it got me thinking, I should really look behind the boxes for now on.

As for the BL2 loot box I pre ordered the first day they were available but its nice to read the stories of people who manage to get one now.

I really want on a loot chest... ended up settling for deluxe vault hunters edition on amazon for $69.99 on their warehouse deals. I'm not going to give up on the loot chest just yet though

I was one of the lucky few who was able to snag a copy post launch. When they originally announced the Loot Chest I figured I would be able to preorder it in a week or so and didn't think much of it. Then when retailers started to run out I realized I missed my chance. I was one of those that placed an order at buy.com thinking I was safe but when I got that cancellation notice near launch I was a bit bummed.

I would randomly check this thread and I think during launch day some people said frys.com had some in stock. I went to the website and was able to purchase one. I was about to purchase a second one and then it went OoS while it was in my cart, haha. After receiving the Loot Chest I was on the fence about selling it since I already had a copy of Borderlands 2 (from the gearbox panel from PAX 2011). In the end I decided to keep it and I am glad I did. It looks nice next to all my gaming stuff and I put some of my games that I am currently playing in there.

I figured I would find them after launch, but the GS in the area wouldn't honor the 48 hold rule. I did get 2 from amazon warehouse for under retail that both happened to be sealed, so I am happy.

[quote name='Deman93']I don't care if that is a limited edition or not, that was an ASSHOLE move!![/QUOTE]

Yes, I honestly thought it was an A-hole move for a minute...but then I began to think, how long was this guy holding this thing in hiding? And with a couple other guys in the circle in on it as well? Stalking me around the store? I wanted it, it was in a retail store, it was sitting out on the retail counter, I didn't do anything out of the store's policy to pick it up (like say I went into their back room), it is considered for sale. It rang up at the register for sale. If it rang up "Do not sell" or "Hold" I easily would have let it go.

Finally got my loot box from Amazon.de! Took forever, but ever so worth it! Most the material is in English but the stuff that is German makes it cooler!

Here's some pics:
PhotoOct1412200PM_zps35f69a73.jpg

PhotoOct1412316PM_zps9fa3087b.jpg

PhotoOct1412236PM_zpsee64cfaf.jpg

PhotoOct1411103PM_zpsb7bfb618.jpg

[quote name='rexflexall']It rang up at the register for sale. If it rang up "Do not sell" or "Hold" I easily would have let it go.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, if one of the employees following you around the store had said something to the effect that it was theirs, what would your response have been?

[quote name='morrodox']Out of curiosity, if one of the employees following you around the store had said something to the effect that it was theirs, what would your response have been?[/QUOTE]

I would have politely said, if it's yours why is it out in the open on the retail sales floor? Then I would have asked if the employee had their receipt because I definitely didn't want to take it if he already purchased it. If he didn't have one then I would have politely asked for the store manager to assist me to the checkout to scan and see if the item was still for sale.

I talked with another employee I know from a different BB I frequent, and he said that this kind of thing happens in a lot of the stores more than folks know. Employees at BB in the know can get some nice perks like free steelbooks, posters, and promotional items that are leftover. But there are some that take advantage, and hiding or putting aside preordered items that aren't picked up by people is one of them. He said however, the items that aren't picked up are still available for sale and SHOULD be placed back on the retail floor for purchase. So it should be for first come, first served. Their policy supposedly is for employees not to be able to hold any items for any period of time for their own purchase. They should only be able to buy an item after their shift ends or if the supervisor allows during an official lunch break.

But in all fairness, an employee on the clock cannot go to a willing paying customer and tell them, "You can't buy that because it's mine." For most employers that's grounds for disciplinary action or dismissal.

If he had purchased it prior I'm sure he would have said something, the fact he just watched from afar and didn't say anything says that he was hiding it until his shift ended in which case it's fair game for the customer. Next time he'll know not to just leave something out in the open like that.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']If he had purchased it prior I'm sure he would have said something, the fact he just watched from afar and didn't say anything says that he was hiding it until his shift ended in which case it's fair game for the customer. Next time he'll know not to just leave something out in the open like that.[/QUOTE]

The kid is a n00b in my opinion. If he was hiding it, why would you pull it out right then and there? Instead of waiting for his shift to end he could have easily had any friend or family member come in and buy the Loot Chest for him. Obviously the odds of a random CAG let alone a gamer who wanted to buy the Loot Chest are slim (the price and I guess a niche market for the Loot Chest), it still happened. I am sure he will learn from his mistakes next time a similar situation presents itself. As I said before, Darwinism, survival of the fittest. You had your opportunity and you took it, that is why you now have a Loot Chest in your possession.

Was it a jerk move? Probably. Was the employee hiding the product wrong? Yes. Would anyone of us had done the same in your shoes? Most likely. It's just how life goes I suppose; you win some and you lose some.

Oh hey, this is for those who didn't get a bobble head with the Ultimate Loot Chest edition. I filed a request 21 days ago and gave them the pics they wanted 16 days ago. The only thing i heard from them after that was the one email that looked generic, where they said they were working on the issue. Well, I just got a package from 2K with the bobble head! :D

Found some of these still on play-asia.com but shipping kills it for me. If you're desperate, looks like you can get it for $150 + $66 shipping.

[quote name='oldboy26']These have gone for as cheap as $100 shipped brand new on Ebay[/QUOTE]
How did you manage to see that? It's around :ps3:$200 everytime I look. Are you talking about some lucky auctions?

[quote name='TooPoor']How did you manage to see that? It's around :ps3:$200 everytime I look. Are you talking about some lucky auctions?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I looked earlier today at ended auctions and one was for $100 shipped, crazyness. Though normally they seem to fluctuate between $150-200 shipped on Ebay.

bread's done
Back