Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sasukekun']We cannot rent out pre-released or new games. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... I was pretty sure I read that somewhere and it helped explain the need for multiple gutted copies on day one.

Guess not.

[quote name='PetersHere']Basically, many gamers these days have entitlement issues, and think they deserve everything. I've seen idiots complaining that it's not made of steel. Seriously, some people actually expected it to be made of steel! Where this sense of entitlement comes from is beyond me, but christ, these fools need to take their bitching and moaning elsewhere. Just because it didn't meet their highly unrealistic expectations, they tarnish the image of the item, and attempt to guilt trip everyone who bought it. For every immature, loud-mouthed prick who complains, there's one hundred satisfied customers. You just don't hear from them...[/QUOTE]

Can we agree, as a site as a whole, to stop using the 'e' word when money is exchanging hands, especially when the objections are reasonable, please? Just because it's nice name-calling, doesn't obscure that it's still name-calling. And no one in this thread is upset that the the chest isn't steel (although it's rather telling that Gearbox never specified what material the chest is made out of in the official promos) or that it's not filled with gold or whatever other asinine hyperbole you want. For every reasonable poster who expresses personal disappointment with a product, there's 5 other posters jumping down their throat, telling them how wrong they are. :roll:

And it's starting to sound like some sort of bizarro infomercial in here with all the baseless prices being thrown around. "How much would you pay for this plastic tub by itself? $20? $50? $90? Well it can be yours for the low, low price of $150 and not a penny less and consider yourselves grateful."

[quote name='dennisb407']IDK about exclusive (not that familiar with it) but the DLC card is inside the steel book[/QUOTE]
Yeah i thought i seen a older video at a con or something and they said the loot chest version comes with exclusive skins or something.

The other people complaining about the loot chest size you do know they showed pictures before the preorder was put up. I am pretty darn sure it was before way before. It showed the size of the thing so why are all you going crazy now they did not switch the sizes... The people canceling will regret it most of them cause the quality looks amazing and it will look amazing sitting next to you're gaming stuff. If you are a big fan of borderlands and canceled it you will even hate it more you canceled. The contents in this thing for $150 is way more then most stuff they put out for that price tag. To each there own but i see a lot of people crying later that they canceled there orders.

I do hope we get loot chest edition dlc content cause i thought they mentioned it long ago. It is not far from a deal breaker but i like unique looks and since loot ver so rare you will enjoy a skin not many people had. But non the less i will not cancel my preorder and will enjoy looking at my loot chest daily.h

I didnt use any early rental service or anything... I dont work for gamestop I work for a restaurant haha. I got it from a place here in southern cali. Cant wait to dive in, in a bit :D

IMG_0540bd.jpg

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Yeah i thought i seen a older video at a con or something and they said the loot chest version comes with exclusive skins or something.

The other people complaining about the loot chest size you do know they showed pictures before the preorder was put up. I am pretty darn sure it was before way before. It showed the size of the thing so why are all you going crazy now they did not switch the sizes... The people canceling will regret it most of them cause the quality looks amazing and it will look amazing sitting next to you're gaming stuff. If you are a big fan of borderlands and canceled it you will even hate it more you canceled. The contents in this thing for $150 is way more then most stuff they put out for that price tag. To each there own but i see a lot of people crying later that they canceled there orders.

I do hope we get loot chest edition dlc content cause i thought they mentioned it long ago. It is not far from a deal breaker but i like unique looks and since loot ver so rare you will enjoy a skin not many people had. But non the less i will not cancel my preorder and will enjoy looking at my loot chest daily.h[/QUOTE]

Same here. I hope for $150 i would get something nice.

[quote name='cigaro']I didnt use any early rental service or anything... I dont work for gamestop I work for a restaurant haha. I got it from a place here in southern cali. Cant wait to dive in, in a bit :D

IMG_0540bd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous. Lucky you!

[quote name='cigaro']I am starting up Borderlands 2 and made a thread over in general gaming news for anyone that has questions[/QUOTE]

You can start that thread by telling us what place gave it to you

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']You can start that thread by telling us what place gave it to you[/QUOTE]

I can answer those things, if you are in so cal, and in a PM.

[quote name='Youngnoble']That article is from month's ago. At pax he confirmed there will be no more and there are no plans to produce a loot chest for individual sale. He did say that if they did, it would be different from the one included in the ultimate edition.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... so MONTHS ago they were looking to up the number available. Noone would have had a problem at that point. Instead of 50k we have 100k big deal. The issue is when publishers keep printing them AFTER release... Randy Pitchford was the guy I heard mention that they're still looking into releasing an alternate version of the loot chest for those that missed out. Like Youngnoble said they would obviously be different thus allowing these to retain their value.
[quote name='Drowningshrimp']Same here. I hope for $150 i would get something nice.[/QUOTE]
In the longer unboxing video linked in this thread the guy opened the steel book. Inside is the slip with your dlc code. This version has some exclusive character mods. (I wouldn't expect anything too amazing... not like the flaming halo helmet.) EDIT: Looks like that video got taken down... well, it was shown there. Not too long now until you'll get to crack open your own and find out.

[quote name='cigaro']I can answer those things, if you are in so cal, and in a PM.[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm in Texas but for borderlands, I'll run to so cal and be there by 10 am

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Haha I'm in Texas but for borderlands, I'll run to so cal and be there by 10 am[/QUOTE]

Did you go to the gearbox community days thing today?

[quote name='Electro']
borderlands%202%20preorder%20dlc%20full.jpg

here's the skin pack that comes with the loot chest and the vault hunter edition[/QUOTE]
Thanks to bad no loot exclusive only skins. easy to make a cheap alt color variant. :bouncy:

[quote name='aramsey1986']Did you go to the gearbox community days thing today?[/QUOTE]

No I haven't even of heard of it? Where in Texas was it?

It was in Dallas, at the Palladium Ballroom from 9am - 6pm. There was a 21 and up launch party from 8pm-2am as well.

I really wanted to go, since I'm only a couple of hours away from Dallas, but my car is currently dead and no one else I knew could go.

Gearbox has been doing these Community Day events for the last couple of years, and I'm sure it's gonna be an annual even from now on. If so, I'll definitely be going next year.

[quote name='GeneJacket']It was in Dallas, at the Palladium Ballroom from 9am - 6pm. There was a 21 and up launch party from 8pm-2am as well.

I really wanted to go, since I'm only a couple of hours away from Dallas, but my car is currently dead and no one else I knew could go.

Gearbox has been doing these Community Day events for the last couple of years, and I'm sure it's gonna be an annual even from now on. If so, I'll definitely be going next year.[/QUOTE]

Wtf?! Was this only held in Dallas? I live like 30 min from the palladium ahhhh I'm so pissed I did not know about this, fuck me

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Yeah i thought i seen a older video at a con or something and they said the loot chest version comes with exclusive skins or something.[/QUOTE]

I think you get special skins if you have a Borderlands 1 save on your console...I think. I remember reading some article a month or so back.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Wtf?! Was this only held in Dallas? I live like 30 min from the palladium ahhhh I'm so pissed I did not know about this, fuck me[/QUOTE]

Yeah Gearbox's studio is in either Dallas or Austin.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah Gearbox's studio is in either Dallas or Austin.[/QUOTE]

Gearbox is located in Plano, Texas. I would highly recommend you guys to go to the community events day if you can because they give out cool swag and the launch party is also really good. I would post the picture of some of the swags I got for the paid attendees if I know how to do it on here.

Does anyone know if FRY's will send out an email when it ships about the free stuff that comes with it, Premire Club. Or is that too far fetched? They said the Premire club comes with a preorder from ANYWHERE. If FRY's is getting copies, they should have codes as well. Make sense to me anyways. Somebody should try and ask when they ship out.

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']Does anyone know if FRY's will send out an email when it ships about the free stuff that comes with it, Premire Club. Or is that too far fetched? They said the Premire club comes with a preorder from ANYWHERE. If FRY's is getting copies, they should have codes as well. Make sense to me anyways. Somebody should try and ask when they ship out.[/QUOTE]

It's only at select retailers and as far as I knew that was only BB, GS, and Amazon. Generally those are the only ones with preorder bonuses, sometimes WM and Target get stuff packaged in their copies (free copies of past games, posters, etc.) to compensate. Not sure if NewEgg or Fry's have they had preorder bonuses in the past.

Also the B2 preorder page only lists BB, Amazon, and GS.
http://borderlands2.com/preorder/

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']Does anyone know if FRY's will send out an email when it ships about the free stuff that comes with it, Premire Club. Or is that too far fetched? They said the Premire club comes with a preorder from ANYWHERE. If FRY's is getting copies, they should have codes as well. Make sense to me anyways. Somebody should try and ask when they ship out.[/QUOTE]

If you placed an order at Fry's I'd be more worried about your copy shipping then getting premier club access

[quote name='atc250es']What's the best chance of getting one of these? Go to bby at opening and see if they have any extra??[/QUOTE]
They won't... even if people don't get their copy. They hold pre-orders for 5 days (or at least something close...) unless people actually cancel their orders then they may have 1 (but I'd bet the employees will snap up extra copies anyway.)

I noticed that you can still pre-order the deluxe edition on bestbuy.com if you choose store pick up. Strangely, it's sold out to have shipped, but they are still doing ship to store for those stores that have already sold out their allotment. The $20 pre-order bonus applies on the Deluxe.

weird, I could not find it on their site for the life of me the other day. tried like 6 places when fry's shitcanned my preorder last tuesday, and checked best buy's site for the hell of it...

Seems like the Deluxe Edition suddenly came back into stock at a few places (Gamestop, Amazon). Odd.

Too bad the friggin' Ultimate Loot Chest isn't coming back on Amazon yet! For all these people who supposedly cancelled their pre-orders, you'd think they would show up on Amazon again. I have 3 stock checkers running every minute to inform me if it comes back in stock, and it hasn't rang once . . .

Too late now probably. My Deluxe edition is in "Shipping Soon" now. I specifically picked overnight shipping in hopes that the ULC would come in stock and I could cancel the Deluxe. Was worth a shot . . .

Well, my debit card was just charged at amazon for the Ultimate Loot Edition that I had pre-ordered since it came out, so may'be they are figuring out what they have in stock may'be.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Wtf?! Was this only held in Dallas? I live like 30 min from the palladium ahhhh I'm so pissed I did not know about this, fuck me[/QUOTE]

Yeah only in Dallas it was pretty awesome to meet up with all dev team and employees of Gearbox. I hope its an annual thing. So many people showed up.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']Well, my debit card was just charged at amazon for the Ultimate Loot Edition that I had pre-ordered since it came out, so may'be they are figuring out what they have in stock may'be.[/QUOTE]

Did it say if your getting this on the 18th?

I haven't been charged yet for mine. Starting to get nervous. I would hate if Amazon oversold these but I doubt they did.

[quote name='aramsey1986']Did it say if your getting this on the 18th?[/QUOTE]

Shipping soon, I won't get a tracking number most likely until the afternoon on monday. If I get Ontrac as the shipper, then I will get it on Tuesday on the morning. If I get UPS I get it in the afternoon on Tuesday. There is hope.

In order to get this on the 18th, you had to select either 1 or 2 day shipping. Both are considered "release date delivery" shipping methods according to the site. I picked 1 day in hopes of 1) Getting it early or 2) Getting it to ship later, and having a stab at the ULC.

[quote name='Fearia']In order to get this on the 18th, you had to select either 1 or 2 day shipping. Both are considered "release date delivery" shipping methods according to the site. I picked 1 day in hopes of 1) Getting it early or 2) Getting it to ship later, and having a stab at the ULC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i have prime 2 day shipping since may 20th so I think I am good lol

Yup, I choose 1 day shipping on mine since I don't have Amazon Prime. Those $10 kinda hurt. One thing that I am still scared is that mine was ordered on the May 25th.

[quote name='WViking']I haven't been charged yet for mine. Starting to get nervous. I would hate if Amazon oversold these but I doubt they did.[/QUOTE]

mine also, but all the shipping soons most likely picked 1 or 2 day shipping which we probably didnt.

Guys I'm fucking pumped for tomorrow!!! I just want to thank y'all for helping me decide to get this because just last week, I could have cared less about borderlands. I was looking forward to FIFA 13, NBA 2K13, dishonored and AC3 coming out soon and now it's like those games will go straight to my backlog once I get them

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Guys I'm fucking pumped for tomorrow!!! I just want to thank y'all for helping me decide to get this because just last week, I could have cared less about borderlands. I was looking forward to FIFA 13, NBA 2K13, dishonored and AC3 coming out soon and now it's like those games will go straight to my backlog once I get them[/QUOTE]

if you're just going to upt AC3 in your backlog you mine as well just wait on it Unbisoft titles drop to 10 cents after 2 weeks.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']if you're just going to upt AC3 in your backlog you mine as well just wait on it Unbisoft titles drop to 10 cents after 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

If it does drop down, then I'll just price match it at best buy

My vanilla copy is sitting at "shipping soon" while the ULE that I ordered the day it was announced is still sitting at "not yet shipped".

bread's done
Back