Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
Check with your credit card company as well, they preauthorized 4x and each time got approved for me today for some stupid reason. I called and everything is ok for my sons copy from Frys...well they say everything is ok.

[quote name='Youngnoble']I always felt the way they cut pre-orders all at the same time that it was a emergency memo to stop, not that they actually sold out. I think all of three main retailers took just enough to fill there pre-orders. Explains why none of them have even re-listed cancelled copies. It looks like fry's got what was left in the warehouse.[/QUOTE]

That might be true. That could be how GameStop got a few hundred copies of the Guild Wars 2 CE's after they and every other place sold out.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Call back, my order said Payment Declined, My card has a huge hold on it from a computer replacement. I called up they told me they cancelled the order, and placed a new on for me with a different card. Mine got charged already and is in process to ship. They told me they have extras, because I asked will my order be fulfilled. And they said they had extras, like 5 or something.[/QUOTE]

I gave frys a call to ask about the loot chest and the guy I spoke to said it wasn't available. Canceled pre-orders due to failed cards or ortherwise are probably still on hold.

My Frys order now shows shipped. I'm pleasantly surprised that it worked out in the end - I fully expected this to be cancelled.

I just want mine shipped from Amazon.

Fortunately I have a gamestop in store reservation so after the broncos kick some falcon ASS, i am gonna head down and chill at my gamestop

[quote name='merchie89']I just want mine shipped from Amazon.

Fortunately I have a gamestop in store reservation so after the broncos kick some falcon ASS, i am gonna head down and chill at my gamestop[/QUOTE]
You a fellow coloradin? And yes, we will be stomping the falcons tonight!

coloradin isnt a word i think but nope im in Omaha. Been a bronco fan since 1998, they won the "big game" and i thought that was cool.

P.S. my worst time as a broncos fan was Jake Plummer's implosion in the 2005 AFC championship, that super bowl was ours and he just fumbled it away

[quote name='sengar']My Frys order now shows shipped. I'm pleasantly surprised that it worked out in the end - I fully expected this to be cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Definitely surprised it went through. Now the painful wait begins. . . .

Oh coloradin is definitely a word, lol. Yes the Plummer years sucked, not as bad as when we had McDaniels though. God that guy was a f'n joke!

Edit- I was never the best speller. I guess it's actually Coloradan.

Daz, check out this list of the candidates in 09.

Mcdaniels, Morris, Spagnaulo, Frazier, Bowles, Garrett, and Dennison.

All probably would have been fired by now anyways. Cutler isn't gonna be a winner, and would rather have highs and lows than 8 wins and no playoffs.

My Fry's order is marked as "Shipped 9/17". Woo-Hoo! Fingers still crossed though, gonna be on pins and needles until it *actually* gets here.
A big "Thank You!" to whoever posted the first link to Fry's!

[quote name='AteBit']Contacted CS over the weekend they said to wait till release day for the stock to be checked in. Apparently all preorders from JR.com send out that backorder email been getting them for months now lol.[/QUOTE]
I've been watching my JR.com pre-order and getting all those periodic backorder notices, but at this point I'm beginning to suspect I should have gone with Fry's instead of JR.com.

To the various people who had their Fry's orders cancelled: Did you get the email back in early August saying you had to contact them to keep your order active with an indefinite ship date (and did you then take action)?

[quote name='Quanze']To the various people who had their Fry's orders cancelled: Did you get the email back in early August saying you had to contact them to keep your order active with an indefinite ship date (and did you then take action)?[/QUOTE]

My order was cancelled even though I responded to them asking to keep my preorder open. Then again I wasnt one of the early Frys preorders like the OP either.

Is it possible to pick up the game from GS and get the premier club code and Creature Slaughter Dome and use the codes with another copy purchased from TRU where it comes with a a $20 gift card and then return the GS copy? Does anyone know if GS has a way of checking to see if the codes have been used?

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Is it possible to pick up the game from GS and get the premier club code and Creature Slaughter Dome and use the codes with another copy purchased from TRU where it comes with a a $20 gift card and then return the GS copy? Does anyone know if GS has a way of checking to see if the codes have been used?[/QUOTE]

A lot of CAGs look down upon this, but I know people who do what you desribed all the time. Unless the UPCs on the games are different, Gamestop has no way of knowing they copy you've returned to them was the exact copy they originally sold to you.

1) Go to Gamestop and pay $59.99 + tax and enjoy the game along with the pre-order content.

2) When your Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc. copy comes in, return that copy to Gamestop with the old receipt.

You're out gas/time but you still saved money and got the best pre-order bonuses.
If the Premier Access club is located inside the game case and/or there's a different cover, then this won't work. I've yet to come across pre-order codes that weren't printed on the receipt however.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hate how Amazon's release date delivery costs 8 bucks without Prime. I remember the good ol days of free Prime or 99 cent release date

[quote name='merchie89']I really hate how Amazon's release date delivery costs 8 bucks without Prime. I remember the good ol days of free Prime or 99 cent release date[/QUOTE]

Honestly one of the best purchases I've made is Prime (probably helps that 90% of my retail shopping is done with Amazon), but considering the sheer amount of video streaming content available, coupled with the Kindle bonuses and obviously fast shipping with orders, well that $80 for the year is definitely well worth it.

Edit: Also from earlier discussion I have noticed that changing payment options on pre-existing preorders has also inadvertently changed the shipping periods. Thankfully a quick call to Amazon customer support has remedied this.

[quote name='KtMack23']So much for that.[/QUOTE]

Eli scored 25 4th quarter points yesterday so as kevin garnett says "anything is possible!!!"

I've been in the dark, but holy shit I can't believe Frys came through. I'm pumped. Mine is showing as shipped and the charge already hit my CC.

[quote name='merchie89']Eli scored 25 4th quarter points yesterday so as kevin garnett says "anything is possible!!!"[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you're right, I've got them both on my fantasy team and I started Peyton.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Is it possible to pick up the game from GS and get the premier club code and Creature Slaughter Dome and use the codes with another copy purchased from TRU where it comes with a a $20 gift card and then return the GS copy? Does anyone know if GS has a way of checking to see if the codes have been used?[/QUOTE]
So you want to know how much of a dirtbag you can be?

Really?

[quote name='merchie89']coloradin isnt a word i think but nope im in Omaha. Been a bronco fan since 1998, they won the "big game" and i thought that was cool.

P.S. my worst time as a broncos fan was Jake Plummer's implosion in the 2005 AFC championship, that super bowl was ours and he just fumbled it away[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows the Broncos overachieved during Jake the Snake's era. You can only run PA passes and naked bootlegs for so long :roll:.

[quote name='Bosamba']A lot of CAGs look down upon this, but I know people who do what you desribed all the time. Unless the UPCs on the games are different, Gamestop has no way of knowing they copy you've returned to them was the exact copy they originally sold to you.

1) Go to Gamestop and pay $59.99 + tax and enjoy the game along with the pre-order content.

2) When your Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc. copy comes in, return that copy to Gamestop with the old receipt.

You're out gas/time but you still saved money and got the best pre-order bonuses.
If the Premier Access club is located inside the game case and/or there's a different cover, then this won't work. I've yet to come across pre-order codes that weren't printed on the receipt however.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's what the guy was asking about. He's talking about grabbing the preorder bonus from GS and then returning it. There's no real problems with either of the scenarios though.

[quote name='Bosamba']A lot of CAGs look down upon this, but I know people who do what you desribed all the time. Unless the UPCs on the games are different, Gamestop has no way of knowing they copy you've returned to them was the exact copy they originally sold to you.

If the Premier Access club is located inside the game case and/or there's a different cover, then this won't work. I've yet to come across pre-order codes that weren't printed on the receipt however.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't considering returning the copy purchased from somewhere else to GS and using the GS but rather just grabbing the extra bonuses from GS. Not sure I'll go through with this though, was just curious. Thanks for the help.

I'm wondering the same thing. I really want the FIFA 13 steel case for preordering at GS but I already have it preordered at BB so I can get the $20 credit. Can I just preorder it at GS, get the game and case, then return the game back to another GameStop?

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']I'm wondering the same thing. I really want the FIFA 13 steel case for preordering at GS but I already have it preordered at BB so I can get the $20 credit. Can I just preorder it at GS, get the game and case, then return the game back to another GameStop?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can but this kind of activity will eventually cause gamestop to start tracking returns (they already do through your powerup account) and in the future cause them to make you wait 14 days to get your pre-order item so you can't return.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Yes you can but this kind of activity will eventually cause gamestop to start tracking returns (they already do through your powerup account) and in the future cause them to make you wait 14 days to get your pre-order item so you can't return.[/QUOTE]

You have 30 days to return any unopened merchandise w/ reciept.

did Target ever have the Loot Chest for preorder? Might check out a store tomorrow.

Also I'm seeing the Vault edition going for $150-$180 on ebay (most no bids and not selling though) - guess resellers really are hoping for bites

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Just got home from getting my Loot Chest :)[/QUOTE]

I went to gamestop earlier for no reason other then I was bored and was surprised at how many loot chests they had. I live in a relatively small area and they must have had 30+ loot chests. I know they only took preorders for a few days so it is a little bit odd to me that they would have had that many preorders.

I already have my loot chests preordered through Amazon but it'll be interesting to see how many people are able to scoop these up at Gamestop in 48 hours if they aren't picked up by those who preordered them (or employees looking to make a quick buck)

[quote name='GBAstar']I went to gamestop earlier for no reason other then I was bored and was surprised at how many loot chests they had. I live in a relatively small area and they must have had 30+ loot chests. I know they only took preorders for a few days so it is a little bit odd to me that they would have had that many preorders.

I already have my loot chests preordered through Amazon but it'll be interesting to see how many people are able to scoop these up at Gamestop in 48 hours if they aren't picked up by those who preordered them (or employees looking to make a quick buck)[/QUOTE]

There were about 4-5 others at my store, but they do their midnight release at another store since they're in a mall. Didn't see how many that store had.

I doubt you'll see any available in 48 hours since they'll hold special editions longer. I got a Darksiders II CE because someone cancelled the day before the release.

My order from Fry's is listed as order fulfilled and shipped but it still does not have a tracking number. Does anyone with a Fry's order have theirs showing under their account? I have not even received an email saying it has shipped.

[quote name='GBAstar']I went to gamestop earlier for no reason other then I was bored and was surprised at how many loot chests they had. I live in a relatively small area and they must have had 30+ loot chests. I know they only took preorders for a few days so it is a little bit odd to me that they would have had that many preorders.

I already have my loot chests preordered through Amazon but it'll be interesting to see how many people are able to scoop these up at Gamestop in 48 hours if they aren't picked up by those who preordered them (or employees looking to make a quick buck)[/QUOTE]

Anyway you can pick me up a copy for 360 and I'll cover shipping/time/gas?

pretty sure hardcover strategy guide wont fit in chest, kinda lame. Not opening anything till tomorrow when I know my boss is letting me not work.

[quote name='merchie89']price on ebay is dropping fast. about $250 now[/QUOTE]

Depends on the version.

Besides prices always tank around release day as the supply gets flooded.

bread's done
Back