Borderlands 2

I've had fantastic luck with legendaries the past few days. Got a Conference Call from Warrior the first time, a Bee from Hellquist after about 5 tries, and a two fer Maggie from Zaford on the 3rd try....all level 50. I've been farming Terra for a while now, and other than his class mod nothing orange has dropped.

I am up for some Hyperius and Gee runs. I am like 0/20 on them.

Assassin lvl50 w/CC, Bee, Baby Maker, and several other good legendaries.

Steam name BREVITY_

Finally got the season pass last night! Havent gone into any of it yet though.

And finally got to the Warrior on my second playthrough. Is it just me or is he a bit tougher the first time you fight him, then farming him is easier? Anyhow, I probably killed him 10 times and only got that Orange sniper rifle he drops, and a decent purple rocket launcher. No luck getting a conference call yet, however I have a purple shotty that is something like 5800 x 19 dmg. That combined with my sub-par Bee wrecks the Warrior so at least farming is easy. I also have been farming for Bees a lot. I cant get a level 50 to drop, I've got like 2 lvl 49s and 3 48s though :(

[quote name='Waughoo']Finally got the season pass last night! Havent gone into any of it yet though.

And finally got to the Warrior on my second playthrough. Is it just me or is he a bit tougher the first time you fight him, then farming him is easier? Anyhow, I probably killed him 10 times and only got that Orange sniper rifle he drops, and a decent purple rocket launcher. No luck getting a conference call yet, however I have a purple shotty that is something like 5800 x 19 dmg. That combined with my sub-par Bee wrecks the Warrior so at least farming is easy. I also have been farming for Bees a lot. I cant get a level 50 to drop, I've got like 2 lvl 49s and 3 48s though :([/QUOTE]

It's strange that you're getting sub-50 Bees. If you're completed TVH mode (i.e. killed the Warrior), you should only get level 50 drops. Keep working for the conference call. It will drop and it's worth it. I've gotten 4 of them so far (one is lvl 30 from 1st playthrough).

Well, now I've been farming the Warrior for about 2 hours straight, not a single Legendary or upgrade to any of my current equipment. Sad :(

[quote name='Waughoo']Well, now I've been farming the Warrior for about 2 hours straight, not a single Legendary or upgrade to any of my current equipment. Sad :([/QUOTE]
I've said fuck it until they patch the drops. Seriously no excuse for the corpse to obscure loot like that. That shit is Busch league.

Yeah, its really BS. I've seen a bunch of blues land under him, and at least one shield I could not see the color of under him. I considered leaving so he'd despawn, but I knew if I did it would end up being a white piece of crap.

On the other hand, last night he landed on a rakk. It was stuck under him for a bit then slid out. Then it was stuck in the ground awhile.

Halloween flavored SHiFT codes going out today (good until Nov. 4th):

Maya skin: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T

Salvador is coming at noon...I'll do my best to keep on it with edits.

Oops redundancy with the proper thread...they'll stay on it I guess lol (sorry forgot about the SHiFT code thread)

Here are all the codes currently available:

Zero - 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF
Axton - KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
Salvador - CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
Maya - WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T

Gaige will be released in about an hour.

And here is the Gaige code:

W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6

On a side note, I've entered all of these, which were successfully redeemed, however none of them show up in-game.

Nice, but the codes are invalid? Reminds me I need to play the KF event for a new skin as well! Man that game never gets old.

Oh nevermind, they need to be redeemed through shi(f)t. -_-

Also, you need to continue and quit out 5 times to get all the skins since they're put in your inventory one at a time for w/e reason. At first I was about to be pissed that only one skin showed up and wasn't for my assassin until I tried quitting out. So they're all there. . .with some effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, still not there for me. If I go into the Shift menu, it shows that all the codes have been input and tells me the names of them, but none are there.

I got the same thing as Jodou. Entered all the codes, then logged in. Just one customization there, which I used and then quit and continued and another one was there. Repeated until I learned all of them.

Only thing I can think of in your case would be a full inventory maybe?

[quote name='Draekon']I got the same thing as Jodou. Entered all the codes, then logged in. Just one customization there, which I used and then quit and continued and another one was there. Repeated until I learned all of them.

Only thing I can think of in your case would be a full inventory maybe?[/QUOTE]

Nope, inventories arent full. I did enter all the codes in one go, I wonder if that fucked it up. I messaged them on Twitter hours ago and they havent responded.

They all worked fine for me.

Also aheineken hooked me up with a Conference Call. Now I can farm the crap outta Warrior

[quote name='SEH']Nope, inventories arent full. I did enter all the codes in one go, I wonder if that fucked it up. I messaged them on Twitter hours ago and they havent responded.[/QUOTE]

No, I entered them in one go as well.

[quote name='SEH']Nope, inventories arent full. I did enter all the codes in one go, I wonder if that fucked it up. I messaged them on Twitter hours ago and they havent responded.[/QUOTE]

is your profile.bin set to read only?

I figured it out last night. Apparently the game decided to dump all the skins into my level nine Commando. I don't even remember the last time I logged onto that character, but out of desperation I decided to check all of my characters and there they were.

[quote name='SEH']I figured it out last night. Apparently the game decided to dump all the skins into my level nine Commando. I don't even remember the last time I logged onto that character, but out of desperation I decided to check all of my characters and there they were.[/QUOTE]
Lol, Gearbox be trolling. . .

So me and my friend just spent like 2 hours farming Terra. When i hosted, we got 1 Assassin Mod, 1 Gunzerker, and the rest Mechro Mods. We also had 3 heads drop that only my friend could see, but couldnt pick up. Guess thats a known bug.

So he tries hosting. Right away we get a Commando Mod (which I needed) and that red text shotty that fires in a teeth pattern. Next try we get another assassin mod, and a head only I can see and cant pick up :roll:

Started playing my Mechro again last night. She's like level 20. Only 30 more levels to go and it's on to Zero!

[quote name='combatrhombus']Just picked this up if anyone wants to play feel free to add me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, add me on Steam if anyone wants to play. I've got a level 33 zerker and I have all the DLC.

Level 38 Gunzerker on Steam. Steam ID is hoobstab if anyone wants to run through. Also have the season pass. Leveling up on your own is grueling!

I dont suppose anyone has a lvl 50 Cobra they are wanting to dupe or trade? My one buddy has been farming it for weeks with no luck. The drop rate on it is crazy, it only drops from Burners (found in The Beatdown from the Torque DLC). They have a like 0.04% chance that a sniper they drop will be a Cobra. On a typical night, my buddy is seeing 1 sniper (so far only whites and greens) drop every 3 runs. So 0.04% chance that one sniper he finds in 3 runs will be a Cobra.

Ive been searching for an active ps3 thread for borderlands 2 cag co-op and having no luck. Anyone want to point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Last night was part of Gearbox's "Gear up" event. If you didnt know, each day they were increasing a different loot drop. A couple days ago it was sniper day, and legendary snipers dropped more frequently. I got 3 of them from Warrior farms in like 2 hours. Anyhow, yesterday they increased Vemivorous The Invincible spawns, as well as his Norfleet Rocket Launcher. My buddy's and I had been unable to even get him to spawn in the first place before the event, and last night we had him spawn 3 times. 3rd time was the charm too, as we got an Electric Norfleet. None of his other rare drops though.

The group I was running with got him to spawn 5 times. We even had two Verms spawn simultaneously. Several rocket drops. No character heads though, which I was more interested in.

Yeah, the heads and such didnt have increased drops. I kinda wonder if Vem has a % chance to drop a legendary, and then you have different % chances of that drop being a head, or Norfleet, ect. If thats the case then the increase in Norfleet drops would lower the chances of other drops like heads. This is just speculation on my part btw.

Oh, and the Vem event from yesterday has been extended thru today. So if you didnt get a chance there is still time.

[quote name='Waughoo']Last night was part of Gearbox's "Gear up" event. If you didnt know, each day they were increasing a different loot drop. A couple days ago it was sniper day, and legendary snipers dropped more frequently. I got 3 of them from Warrior farms in like 2 hours. Anyhow, yesterday they increased Vemivorous The Invincible spawns, as well as his Norfleet Rocket Launcher. My buddy's and I had been unable to even get him to spawn in the first place before the event, and last night we had him spawn 3 times. 3rd time was the charm too, as we got an Electric Norfleet. None of his other rare drops though.[/QUOTE]

I read about the event, but improved drop rates arent enough to pull me away from watching football. I'm waiting for Gearbox to do something that extends the end game. Killing the same boss over and over again is fun for a while, but gets old fast; and the DLC thus far has been one-and-done for me. Don't get me wrong, I have 160 hours invested in this game, and it is by far my personal GOTY. I just hope they come up with something epic for the last DLC.

It's alot like regular RPGs, once you hit max level and beat the game all thats left is farming for better gear. Thats what we're doing right now. I agree though, they need to add some new stuff.

We came across a pretty cool Hyperious glitch. I'm still not exactly sure what we are doing, but we've re-created it probably 8 times.

Basically you kill all but one of his minions, while doing some damage to Hyperious himself. Then you get the shield down on the last minion and get Hyperious to walk right up behind it. They have to be pretty much right on top of each other. Now my friend is an Assassin with the piercing skill and somehow if he hits Hyperious as his shield is coming up with the minion lined up and right on top him him it'll kill him from half health. I know Hyperious reflects bullets and supposedly they come back at increased damage, so somehow that is glitching out and killing him.

Like I said, I dunno exactly HOW it's happening, but we've recreated it several times. I dunno if my comp can run BL2 and do Fraps at the same time, but I might try and get a video of it tonight.

[quote name='elessar123']Sounds like am effect of b0re, which is interesting. Doubt you need to kill the minions to have the effect work.[/QUOTE]

We dont kill the minions for the effect, we kill the first 3 to make it easier to deal with. I dont think my computer is gonna run fraps and do BL2 at the same time. So I'll ask my friend exactly what he's doing to cause it.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']KTC3J-K5RS5-3WWBJ-3JBBT-X5JKH

Access to 5 free golden keys as I don't have it for PC it's all yours. (Post if you've used it)[/QUOTE]

I already redeemed the Facebook Logitec one, which I'm assuming is this one. So this code should still be good for someone.

I honestly didnt need it anyhow, I've got 35 keys already :D

It looks like Gearbox is finally giving me a reason to return to Borderlands 2 after a 4 month sabbatical. On April 2nd, they are releasing an update for the price of $4.99 or free if you have the season pass which will add the following:

- Level cap increase to 61
- Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, which is for characters that have reached Level 50 and beaten TVH. Enemies will scale to the level of the highest leveled person in the game.
- A new weapon class that BL1 vets will be familiar with: Pearlescents!

This is not the last piece of DLC for the season pass...it is simply a little something extra.

Personally, I'm excited about this. BL2 was my personal GOTY last year, but after reaching the level cap and beating all the DLC, I didn't see much of a reason to go back.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase-announced

That might be a reason for me to try getting back into it, though I haven't even hit current cap yet.

I played Roland in BL1 and couldn't get used to the fact that in BL2, the turret guy wasn't the one with ammo regen class mods. Silly, I know.

Yeah, I know trying to go from using Phasewalk in 1 to using Phaselock in 2 made me completely ditch my favorite class in favor of the Mechromancer once she was released. (walk is just so versatile compared to what is basically a CC...although that's oversimplifying it) So be thankful that your special was at least similar despite the class mods.;)

[quote name='Waughoo']About damn time on the level cap. Theres also a new character coming out.[/QUOTE]

Krieg, the new character looks pretty awesome, like a psycho bandit version of Brick. It's too bad they're charging extra ($10) for him regardless of whether you have the season pass or not. I still haven't touched 3 of the 5 current characters, so I don't see myself paying for another anytime soon.

[quote name='Kumacy']That might be a reason for me to try getting back into it, though I haven't even hit current cap yet.

I played Roland in BL1 and couldn't get used to the fact that in BL2, the turret guy wasn't the one with ammo regen class mods. Silly, I know.[/QUOTE]

I missed that ammo regen as well. But I guess Infinity Pistol makes up for it :)

bread's done
Back