Borderlands 2

[quote name='SEH']Nah, its the last sort of "boss". You have to be level 50 to fight him (well, you can do it earlier but you'll get ass raped). Honestly, we didn't have an issue with the GS DLC. Beat it on our first try.[/QUOTE]
Found out anyone can join someone who has it, so I had a buddy help. We still couldn't manage to bring it down until 4-5 tries later though. In that time, we gained 3 levels to boot. Pretty amazing grind spot TBH since the enemies spawn at your level.

So my plan to Retro City Rampage out tomorrow while pacing my Siren leveling for the 16th is seemingly shot then?

I need a poop-sock and some coffee damnit!

edit: The Mechromancer DLC/patch seems to be invoking the Badass Rank reset issue for some:

Be sure to backup your 'C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData' folder just in case.

edit 2: DLC/patch is now live on Steam. (560 mb)

edit 3: Started a new game and so far so good. Badass rank intact. Also, the opening comic and cinematic have not been altered to include the Mechromancer so feel free to skip them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I backed up my saves and loaded: no issues with keys or BA rank. Might be related to creating a mechromancer character, but I'm not even bothering with that right now, if ever.

Had no issues with my Badass Rank at all. Enjoying the Mechro so far, though I'm still unsure how I want to use her skilltree.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Red Text Wiki. (not sure if it's been posted)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that will come in handy.

Also, does anyone know if the Season Pass DLC includes the Premier Club/Mechromancer thing that's available now?

[quote name='watcher0']
Also, does anyone know if the Season Pass DLC includes the Premier Club/Mechromancer thing that's available now?[/QUOTE]

The Season Pass does not include the Premiere Club bonuses or the Mechromancer class.

Everytime I start BL2 now it says there was a problem downloading your DLC and some of it may be corrupt. Odd.

"Some of your downloadable content is corrupt and cannot be loaded."

EDIT: Verifying game content through steam fixed it it seems!

Wow, at early levels the Mechromancer seems really OP. I can just summon Deathtrap at the boss' and watch everyone get slaughtered. When I fought Flynt I summoned it right at the start, then killed a couple pyschos who were attacking me. By the time I killed them Flynt and all his guys were dead except like one of them.

I'm really enjoying the Mechromancer so far. (level 20):

I've found that Deathtrap is awesome for farming as you can simply toss him out in a rough spot and he'll aggro everything while you just keep on running towards your loot target.

If you're going for Ordered Chaos then I'd recommend getting weapons where you actually can't accidentally reload and keep using those until you've invested into Discord. I originally thought that I'd avoid Discord but I've found it to be absolutely vital as having all of your Anarchy stacks eaten sucks balls whereas Discord causes it to tick-away rather than get eaten all at once.

I've since adjusted to not reloading constantly and I'm starting to actually use Discord as a mechanic although rarely.

Here's my build so far:
EC537E1816546B5B2AD4946874A10771F6C6C844

I put one point in Cooking Up Trouble (life regen while magazine is full) just to have some health regenerating but it really goes well with low magazine size weapons as well as Blood Soaked Shields (instantly restores shield on kill at the expense of health).

But really, I'm just glad to have a solid shotgun character and holy shit can she one-shot stuff with a decent stack of Anarchy.:applause:

Cool a new currency and loot rarity level. It makes me curious as to what their plans are for end-game content as that is something which needs to be addressed.

Plenty of other loot games out there this year for Gearbox to steal ideas from.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I dunno, my Deathtrap died from Boom and Bewm[/QUOTE]

What does your build look like?

With Anarchy stacks I ate those two alive.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']What does your build look like?

With Anarchy stacks I ate those two alive.[/QUOTE]

I was level 6, there was no "build" haha

I am surprised how CPU intensive this game is. When I first started playing I was running on an i3-2120 with my GTX 660 Ti. With everything maxed and physx on high at 1080p, I would have frame rates drop into the low 30s during intense battles. I upgraded to 3570k, and it would drop to around 45. After OCing to 4.4 GHz, I can barely get it to drop past the 60 fps limit of my monitor.

So I really didnt have the money for the season pass when I bought BL2. So I convinced myself that it's ok, I'll just get each DLC separately and if a somewhat crappy one comes out (like Moxxi's was in BL1), then it's ok cause I wont have to get it.

Then I realized that even if a crappy DLC comes out, it'll still probably have a level cap increase that I'll want, and that the season pass gives me one DLC for free.

Now I'm sad.

[quote name='Waughoo']So I really didnt have the money for the season pass when I bought BL2. So I convinced myself that it's ok, I'll just get each DLC separately and if a somewhat crappy one comes out (like Moxxi's was in BL1), then it's ok cause I wont have to get it.

Then I realized that even if a crappy DLC comes out, it'll still probably have a level cap increase that I'll want, and that the season pass gives me one DLC for free.

Now I'm sad.[/QUOTE]

I got lucky and bought the Season pass for cheap. I got the game + season pass for less than the retail price of the game.

And I am really enjoying the mechromancer, she is wrecking everything in both anarchy and deathtrap builds.

[quote name='krevee']I got the game + season pass for less than the retail price of the game.
[/QUOTE]

Just makes ya wanna hug your PC huh?

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Just makes ya wanna hug your PC huh?[/QUOTE]

Seriously some of the deals are amazing. I am buying so many more games for the price of 1 new game on my 360.

Eh...went ahead and purchased the season pass. I was initially just going to pay the $10 as the DLC's came out, that way I could skip them if I wanted. Then I had the same thoughts as Waughoo. Pretty excited for Tuesdays DLC.

Solo'd the raid boss tonight; wasn't too tough once I found a 'special' spot to snipe from. Wasn't able to get a kill screen because I forgot F12 is the hotkey and he slips under the ground pretty fast once he dies. I was also surprised when he died since he still had about 10% HP left. Guess he dies when he runs out of tentacles.

[quote name='Jodou']Solo'd the raid boss tonight; wasn't too tough once I found a 'special' spot to snipe from. Wasn't able to get a kill screen because I forgot F12 is the hotkey and he slips under the ground pretty fast once he dies. I was also surprised when he died since he still had about 10% HP left. Guess he dies when he runs out of tentacles.[/QUOTE]

I used to solo Crawmerax with Roland. There was a little ledge at the edge of the cliff you could stand on and duck so he couldnt see you. Then I'd just toss a turret when it was up, and while he was distracted with the turret I'd keep hitting him with my Leviathan. I'd only get hit by his minions if at all.

Does your spot work like that, or is it still a tough fight?

[quote name='Waughoo']I used to solo Crawmerax with Roland. There was a little ledge at the edge of the cliff you could stand on and duck so he couldnt see you. Then I'd just toss a turret when it was up, and while he was distracted with the turret I'd keep hitting him with my Leviathan. I'd only get hit by his minions if at all.

Does your spot work like that, or is it still a tough fight?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's up the ramp where you exit and a little nook allows you to not get hit by anything except if he rolls up next to you or the rocks he throws. It can get dicey only when he gets next to you since you need to retreat to the gate to be out of range again. If during that time there's other tentacles using lasers or flinging fire, you will likely get downed. Usually I'm in a good position to kill at tentacle easy though. Probably took 5-10 tries for me to get the rhythm, but exploiting the spot after that is cake.

I told my buddy who got his zerker to 50 about the 10 second solo, but he really doesn't care since the loot is all garbage compared to what we pulled from 50 or so sanc chests once we hit 50.

Yeah, I've been farming Terra recently using the Bee/CC method, and while its easy, it gets boring fast as he usually drops crap. All the class mods are nearly identical and the drop rate on the damn head customizations is so low.

I've gotten the following weapons in the past two days, so I think I'm done farming for weapons.

This takes care of my pistol needs.
vUhaJ.jpg

Shotgun, check.
TtK7U.jpg

Annnd my SMG.
ptkMk.jpg

Those combined with my Bee shield means I can take out anything in the game in a couple hits. Now I've just been farming for head/skin customizations.

After a few attempts at Geary last night I got the Fragger to drop.
7fKk2.jpg

This one took awhile, probably 40+ attempts at killing Harry. Finally got it though. Now I just need the "All-Seeing-Eye" skin to complete the wedding outfit.
4dP5s.jpg

I killed warrior so many times and not a single legendary it made me sick of it. Tried farming him again tonight for about 20 runs and still no shock-stick. Sucks because once you have it, you can farm him even faster although I don't know why you would lol. I was pretty excited since I got my bee shield in less than 10 runs and it rolled really good (~55k amp damage) but came crashing down each time warrior dropped and the gun didn't. :\

Apparently if you farm The Warrior while you still have the final quest active, he has a 75% chance to drop a legendary. So you kill him, loot, then ALT+F4 and keep doing it. After you complete the quest, his legendary drop chance plummets. I wish I had known that. Maybe it wouldn't have taken like 4-5 hours of non-stop farming to get my CC.

I got a good Bee relatively quickly as well. I think Hellquist has a really high drop chance or something as I think I got 4-5 of them in 15-20 attempts.

[quote name='SEH']Apparently if you farm The Warrior while you still have the final quest active, he has a 75% chance to drop a legendary. So you kill him, loot, then ALT+F4 and keep doing it. After you complete the quest, his legendary drop chance plummets. I wish I had known that. Maybe it wouldn't have taken like 4-5 hours of non-stop farming to get my CC.

I got a good Bee relatively quickly as well. I think Hellquist has a really high drop chance or something as I think I got 4-5 of them in 15-20 attempts.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I found that out after the fact as well and the trick is to just not kill jack so it resets. What's really bad is how loot ends up under warrior's body after the kill. Bad enough the drop rate is terrible, but sometimes it can be sitting under him and you'd never know. Only way to check is fast travel back to hero's pass to despawn the corpse. You'd be amazed how much loot is actually under there because a lot of it isn't visible at all. You're still better off doing quick runs than running back everytime, though.

Yeah, I've seen tons of shit go flying off into the lava or stuck under him. I know they have it pretty much explode loot so people can be all "omgz loot", but its poor design when every time you're basically guaranteed something will be stuck under him or go off into lava.

I tried the fast travel method, but its dumb because it respawns all the damn robots on the way to him, so you wind up spending way too much time trying to get back. Like you said, just better off doing quick runs and sacrificing whatever loot may be hidden.

[quote name='SEH']Yeah, I've seen tons of shit go flying off into the lava or stuck under him. I know they have it pretty much explode loot so people can be all "omgz loot", but its poor design when every time you're basically guaranteed something will be stuck under him or go off into lava.

I tried the fast travel method, but its dumb because it respawns all the damn robots on the way to him, so you wind up spending way too much time trying to get back. Like you said, just better off doing quick runs and sacrificing whatever loot may be hidden.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Pitchford said they are debating internally about how to fix that.

Season Pass is $23 bucks on GreenMan Gaming... Kinda want to get it, but I'll need to get ride of my extra BL2 copies first. :( All my friends say the first DLC is pretty fun.

Anyone try the new key exploit? Basically you just make your "profile.bin" file read only, go spend some keys, save and close BL, then go back in. Your keys go back to whatever they were before you used them.

[quote name='Waughoo']Anyone try the new key exploit? Basically you just make your "profile.bin" file read only, go spend some keys, save and close BL, then go back in. Your keys go back to whatever they were before you used them.[/QUOTE]
LOL, never ends does it?

[quote name='Jodou']LOL, never ends does it?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but I dont think 2k really cares about it that much, as long as you're not selling the items online or anything.

That exploit has been around since the 255 key thing got patched. My friend has a profile.bin that has 255 golden keys. He just backs up his normal profile and C&P's the 255 key one into his save folder. Use the keys, and either put your normal profile back in, or paste the hacked one in again for more keys.

just beat the game solo last night. pretty fun

i then went online and notice everyone ninjas everything but teh game is a lot more fun online still hehe. wish they had like a roll button on purple guns or somehting :)

bread's done
Back